It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Is this crazy?  (Read 29341 times)

Offline ag1987

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Is this crazy?
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2018, 07:32:30 AM »

I don't understand....you are going to call American airlines for a credit?

So you never cancelled your flight before it took off and never got on the plane?

Let us know what what happens with that.

How do you know her facebook account is deactivated or maybe you are just blocked?

You should send the link to her facebook account to someone else to see if they can see it.

If I had a ticket to Medellin with time off....I would have gotten on that plane.
There are more hot women per square mile in Medellin than any other place on earth.

The problem with marriage agencies is that the best looking and most desirable women aren't in them. If you have the time and money ....you will almost certainly have better luck by opening yourself up to entire population of any city you visit as opposed to the small cross section of women that are willing to join a marriage agency.

I did not fly down, no. American credited me with a voucher I can use within the next year. Her FB account is gone, as far as I can tell. I asked a few other friends to search for her, and nothing comes up. Her parents are on FB as well, and have their friend lists available to public without being connected...sure enough she isn't listed under her parents friend lists, either. Without being a FB expert, I assume her profile has been deactivated.

Re: flying down. As a total newbie to Colombia, I wasn't going to fly down without some sort of plan. A lack of Spanish skills beyond the basics wouldn't help my cause, either. I had no intention of doing anything before next month when I'd be there for a couple weeks, having everything taken care of with Jamie and his staff. She showed up in the picture because of her not being in Barranquilla, we hit it off and as far as I could tell, she was genuine. I have no answer other than the possibilities offered in prior posts from others as to why she disappeared. Never sent her a thing, so she got nothing out of me.

I am sure a future visit on my own to Medellin or elsewhere is in the cards, time off isn't hard with enough notice. By then I'll have better Spanish skills and more experience down there. If I meet someone in the agency, great. If not, I look at it as a good stepping stone to this whole process.

Offline Wildstubby

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2018, 09:37:18 AM »
There will be those here that will say otherwise, but I was advised to avoid Medellin as a first visit to Colombia also. I made the mistake of going to a 'no-go' area of Bogota on my first trip. I come out unscathed, but in retrospect, it could have been a horrible experience. Go there by all means. But take time to learn some of the 'nuances' about the country and the people before you do. There are stark difference between the costeñas and piasas. But they do share some attitudes. Take in all the culture!

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2018, 11:19:07 AM »

So you never cancelled your flight before it took off and never got on the plane?

Let us know what what happens with that.

How do you know her facebook account is deactivated or maybe you are just blocked?

You should send the link to her facebook account to someone else to see if they can see it.

If I had a ticket to Medellin with time off....I would have gotten on that plane.
There are more hot women per square mile in Medellin than any other place on earth.

The problem with marriage agencies is that the best looking and most desirable women aren't in them. If you have the time and money ....you will almost certainly have better luck by opening yourself up to entire population of any city you visit as opposed to the small cross section of women that are willing to join a marriage agency.

Same with Whatsapp.
Send her a message from someone elses phone.
If the other phone geta double clicked (meaning she recieved the messages)and you a single, she blocked you.

Doesnt Master if her icono is "grey " that could be in personal settings or she could have just charges her profile to blank.

But from what you said Sounds like she "ghosted" you.

Medellín women are the worst for leading a guy on and then ghosting or whatever.

Another explanation is  she has another long term gringo or foreigner on the internet.

A lot of these girls have "Gatos Cerrados."..all kinds of secrets and other relationships hidden..unless they have you " hooked" ..then she may tell you about her "exes" and all the guys who are making passes at her (some of whom may actually be sleeping with her in the present).

This is called "triangulation" by psycologists and is meant to.make you jeaulous so she can manipulate you.

Its best not to take anything seriously and have  many "Irons in the fire" yourseld until you are actually living together.

And if your are thinking seriously about a woman and your intuictión is telling you that something is funny, best to hire a PI.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:27:17 AM by Elexpatriado »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2018, 11:19:07 AM »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2018, 01:12:52 PM »
You can set your FB profile up so it’s not searchable or even visible to people who aren’t already your friends. This also translates to Not being visible through another persons friends list. Elex’s recommendation for figuring out if she’s still using WhatsApp could work as well. But at this point who cares. All this really has no importance but to assume she would completely remove herself from social media to avoid contact with you is a bit farfetched. You’re blocked...and it’s probably because of another guy. Maybe foreign. Maybe domestic. She could have just as easily remained friends with you and tried to get something out of you. A free dinner or trip to the disco with her and some friends for instance. But she didn’t...she needed you completely gone to:

1. Avoid the confrontation of having to cancel after you made all those plans

2. Salvage a relationship she had or is still currently having because she told the guy about you to make him jealous or he found out about you on his own..

Again, Elex makes some great points here. Almost every younger (18-25 y/o) Colombian Woman I’ve met does that triangulation thing. Not only to manipulate you through jealousy, but to reaffirm your idea of their worth by informing you they have plenty of other options. In their minds this is supposed to make you feel like you’re very lucky to have them. The truth is however, if you’re young, relatively good looking and/or have a bit of money, your options in countries like Colombia are endless.

This is why I don’t agree with Elex with respect to hiring a PI. I came close to doing that once but a Colombiano friend of mine gave me some really good advice:

“If something she’s doing is giving you enough doubt to pay the cost of a PI (which is never cheap if you use a reputable agency) she’s not the one for you!!

Colombianas love HARD!!!!!! There will be no doubt if you find one that truly falls for you. They will whine and complain if you don’t call or text. They won’t ask you for money because they won’t want you to think they’re trying to use you. No matter how poor they are. They will want to have sex CONSTANTLY!!! And most importantly they’ll want to show you off. A lot of Colombianas date guys for money and behind closed doors they’re the perfect girlfriends, but they’ll never want to be seen in public with these guys.

Get used to the flakiness which will happen even after you’ve already met a girl in person. Don’t over examine it or take it personally. It’s like Americans chatting with strangers and leaving tips. It’s just part of their culture.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 01:20:53 PM by benjio »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2018, 02:29:20 PM »
Well no.matter how young or good looking you are you.will be pretty luck to find one that wants sex all the time and never asks or hints in some way at money..ja ja

One guy on PBH said "I tried pretending I had no money for a couple weeks, living in a hostal and eating in local cheap restaurants.Pretty soon I only had 50 yo toothless Colomianas hanging around me. They just couldnt believe it was possible that a Gringo couldnt have money.Well, eventually it sunk inand they gave Up as well..and I was left alone"

Offline ag1987

« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2018, 02:39:37 PM »
Yeah, it is water under the bridge at this point and I don't really care why she disappeared. Sucks, but probably won't be the last LOL.

Offline benjio

« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2018, 02:54:11 PM »
Well no.matter how young or good looking you are you.will be pretty luck to find one that wants sex all the time and never asks or hints in some way at money..

It’s funny you say that because you see the trolls they date and let impregnate them from the barrio knowing they are also completely broke and it blows your mind!!! Gringos are held to an entirely different standard though. And it’s not always the case of you having to buy them things or support them. I’ve dated girls that were doing pretty well for themselves and didn’t need a dime from me. As a gringo, you just can’t be dead broke and expect to date any quality woman in Latin America.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2018, 02:55:56 PM »
Well no.matter how young or good looking you are you.will be pretty luck to find one that wants sex all the time and never asks or hints in some way at money..ja ja

One guy on PBH said "I tried pretending I had no money for a couple weeks, living in a hostal and eating in local cheap restaurants.Pretty soon I only had 50 yo toothless Colomianas hanging around me. They just couldnt believe it was possible that a Gringo couldnt have money.Well, eventually it sunk inand they gave Up as well..and I was left alone"

Benjio.a reputable PI in Colombia costs you about 200 mil COP per day

I think it is well worth the money, espescially if you are planning to.marry her and/or bring her to the US, and you havent been living together for a Long time so you dont know her that well.

She may present you to her family and friends, be with you in public when you are there and be very affectionate..but when you are away..other things may happen behind your back..with "other" friends and family members you never met.

Not to mention it is good to.know about her past history, financial debts ,education anything hidden.in the closet.
That being said some girls you know from.intuition you dont need to investigate..you know from the get go they are Skanks..

And if you live with a woman.in Colombia for a year, you will hopefully get to.know her pretty good.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2018, 05:26:23 PM »

I think it is well worth the money, espescially if you are planning to.marry her and/or bring her to the US, and you havent been living together for a Long time so you dont know her that well.

She may present you to her family and friends, be with you in public when you are there and be very affectionate..but when you are away..other things may happen behind your back..with "other" friends and family members you never met.

Not to mention it is good to.know about her past history, financial debts ,education anything hidden.in the closet.
That being said some girls you know from.intuition you dont need to investigate..you know from the get go they are Skanks..

And if you live with a woman.in Colombia for a year, you will hopefully get to.know her pretty good.
I actually agree with rhis. If you are thinking of bringing her to your country and the relationship us long distance,  you have so much at stake. Makes sense...

Offline benjio

« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2018, 07:49:07 PM »

The Agency I spoke with in Bogota was much more expensive than that. And I’ve done freelance IT work for an agency in the states. It’s not the daily rate. It’s all those itemized extras that kill you. Transportation, photos, bribes and payoffs to get information out of people (which are always inflated if paid in cash). What kills clients that employ PI’s is getting an expert to trace digital footprints on social media which isn’t cheap anywhere. Almost all infedelity these days is initiated and maintained online. So maybe your girl isn’t exactly cheating with someone in Colombia. Maybe it’s another gringo or a European Guy that only visits her twice a year. You’re saying that $200K pesos per day won’t add up while they are trying to figure out exactly what’s going on with a guy she’s only communicated with online? What do you think? PI’s follow the girls into internet cafes and look over their shoulders? What if she has a computer at home or she does everything on an iPhone? You’ve seen too many movies. It really all depends on how long it takes them to figure how they are cheating. Because that’s really the only reason guys consider PI’s. They think the girl is cheating. I’ve literally NEVER heard a gringo about to bring a girl to the states mention any concern with a girl’s credit score.

I definitely see your point about financial background, criminal records, etc. However, those things are done through online background check servives these days. Even in Latin America. You think companies that hire people for jobs with significant security or financial implications employ PI’s each time they need to figure out if a potential employee is a former bank robber just because the position is SOTB? Think about that question for a second. PI’s almost always add up and they are employed to see what someone is doing or have done in the real world. Not something they did that created a digital record. That’s all in cyberspace now. You just have to know how to grab it.

I’m still of the opinion these girls simply aren’t that good at being deceptive. There’s always some break in patterns or a lie that simply doesn’t make sense. You can feel and see these things when you’re not 100% blinded by beauty and great sex. If I was that unsure about a girl’s fidelity and I couln’t figure it out on my own, I’d much quicker buy her an iPhone and put spyware on it. I may be wrong, but I think you’d still come out cheaper than hiring a PI in most circumstances. Again though, if your gut is telling you that, just break it off. Too many beautiful girls down there that won’t give you a second thought when it comes to her devotion to you.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 08:04:34 PM by benjio »

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2018, 09:44:22 PM »
benjio said:
The Agency I spoke with in Bogota was much more expensive than that. And I’ve done freelance IT work for an agency in the states. It’s not the daily rate. It’s all those itemized extras that kill you. Transportation, photos, bribes and payoffs to get information out of people (which are always inflated if paid in cash). What kills clients that employ PI’s is getting an expert to trace digital footprints on social media which isn’t cheap anywhere. Almost all infedelity these days is initiated and maintained online. So maybe your girl isn’t exactly cheating with someone in Colombia. Maybe it’s another gringo or a European Guy that only visits her twice a year. You’re saying that $200K pesos per day won’t add up while they are trying to figure out exactly what’s going on with a guy she’s only communicated with online? What do you think? PI’s follow the girls into internet cafes and look over their shoulders? What if she has a computer at home or she does everything on an iPhone? You’ve seen too many movies. It really all depends on how long it takes them to figure how they are cheating. Because that’s really the only reason guys consider PI’s. They think the girl is cheating. I’ve literally NEVER heard a gringo about to bring a girl to the states mention any concern with a girl’s credit score.

I definitely see your point about financial background, criminal records, etc. However, those things are done through online background check servives these days. Even in Latin America. You think companies that hire people for jobs with significant security or financial implications employ PI’s each time they need to figure out if a potential employee is a former bank robber just because the position is SOTB? Think about that question for a second. PI’s almost always add up and they are employed to see what someone is doing or have done in the real world. Not something they did that created a digital record. That’s all in cyberspace now. You just have to know how to grab it.

I’m still of the opinion these girls simply aren’t that good at being deceptive. There’s always some break in patterns or a lie that simply doesn’t make sense. You can feel and see these things when you’re not 100% blinded by beauty and great sex. If I was that unsure about a girl’s fidelity and I couln’t figure it out on my own, I’d much quicker buy her an iPhone and put spyware on it. I may be wrong, but I think you’d still come out cheaper than hiring a PI in most circumstances. Again though, if your gut is telling you that, just break it off. Too many beautiful girls down there that won’t give you a second thought when it comes to her devotion to you.
Read that next to the last line over and over again!!!!! Red flag goes up, cut it and move to the next one! Simple as that. I met a girl in Bogota. We went out together and had some good sex. When I returned to Bogota, we went out to eat and she had 3 cell phones!!! Yeah that's right 3 cellulars! I'm thinking WTF!!! She wasn't paying much attention to me. The next day I moved from hotel near Parque 93 to one near the airport because of an early AM flight. She was supposed to contact me. About 4 hours later she says she couldn't because her battery died on the cell phone! Next!!!!!! There are enough women in Colombia to pacify you! Don't waste your time with those who have 'issues'! Just get the hell out and don't look back. Otherwise you will regret it!

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2018, 10:51:24 PM »

Yep, I would make that statement about BOTH Medellin and Cali.  Do you think Medellin has the edge on Cali with regards to hot women per capita?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2018, 09:33:57 AM »
Again, if a girl's on line and she's claiming you're 'the one' --you can have a friend who has a pretty good profile, approach her and see if she bites. Ask him to ask her if there's anyone else, serious or otherwise, any one planning to visit her,  etc.

Just like us guys, most of these women have a lot of baited lines in the water, ''trot lines' as us fishermen call them, stretching for miles sometimes, just seeing what they can catch.

Especially when I was  covering China and also to a lesser extent, Eastern Europe, I had some babes that made me think I was THE ONE, only to 'poof' disappear wit out a trace after a period of intense, regular contact.. A better 'fish' a better 'catch' had probably came along.

They can seem all sweet, mushy, loyal and sentimental,  but when it comes down to the lifestyle they think you can or can't provide, they often become coldly analytical. And you become instantly disposable, without warning or explanation. Or at best, half assed excuses.

You can even have a woman that for the longest time seems tried and true, who is just taking a very long time to 'set the hook' and take advantage of you.

I didn't know my first wife had over stayed her registered nurse visa here until well after we married. She spoiled me rotten, but she was an illegal alien, right here in the USA. Even BEFORE we married, she persuaded me to buy a nice house, which really kept the ball rolling. I was a tool. She was able to 99% hide her PTSD, and other personality issues for a very long time.

And that wasn't even an online affair--another nurse I knew personally introduced us.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2018, 09:33:57 AM »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2018, 10:14:40 AM »

Yep, I would make that statement about BOTH Medellin and Cali.  Do you think Medellin has the edge on Cali with regards to hot women per capita?

For my tastes Medellin wins out over Cali....just because women are a bit thinner overall in Medellin and I prefer a very petite woman. But if you are into the bootylicious babes Cali or Baranquilla is a better option.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2018, 10:33:14 AM »
benjio said:Read that next to the last line over and over again!!!!! Red flag goes up, cut it and move to the next one! Simple as that. I met a girl in Bogota. We went out together and had some good sex. When I returned to Bogota, we went out to eat and she had 3 cell phones!!! Yeah that's right 3 cellulars! I'm thinking WTF!!! She wasn't paying much attention to me. The next day I moved from hotel near Parque 93 to one near the airport because of an early AM flight. She was supposed to contact me. About 4 hours later she says she couldn't because her battery died on the cell phone! Next!!!!!! There are enough women in Colombia to pacify you! Don't waste your time with those who have 'issues'! Just get the hell out and don't look back. Otherwise you will regret it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yed9G8cMEeg

Offline benjio

« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2018, 11:55:09 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yed9G8cMEeg

Bill Burr and Patrice O’Neal....I know it’s only stand up but their comedy is gospel when it comes to women. O’Neal actually sharpened his teeth spending time in Rio.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2018, 02:15:15 PM »

The rate I got in the eje cafetero include fotos and transportation. You were definitely being charged gringo rates.
Of course they charge you extra for other things.
A lot of things you can do yourself as a matte of fact you would be way more efficient at doing them yourself.Like a fake Facebook ID and approach her as another guy...as Sugested by Robert. I actually know a guy ( on this site) who has done that..and the phone bug thing too. The way Facebook is nowadays without any privacy and giving your data to everyone,  you become her friend,  befriend a couple of her friends, and before you know it one or more of her fake profiles (if she has one) will come up as as a "friend suggest".

I know this as I have a fake Facebook site without my pictures I use for making political comments on News sites, and my real Facebook profile, plus people from my real Facebook site come up as "friend requests"LOL
Her Whatsapp account and cellphone is a little bit harder to get access to.Only way is to.buy her a cell phone with spyware or have some one steal her phone. A PI cant help you with that.

Both are risky.And if she finds out it was you, which would be a logical conclusión in the case of the spyware, your relationship would be done ..even.if she was innocent.

You can buy a list of her last incoming and outgoing cell.phone calls for the last month  for about 1million to 1.5 million pesos , depending if it is Claro or Moviestar.

Also you can get a list of entrys and éxits into and out of Colombia for any person  if you bride migraciones for about the same price.

These are both illegal and have to be done through a competent PI though, but after all this is Colombia and "money talks"

Even if you spend 6 million pesos, a couple  thousand US dollars..it would be worrth it to save you a big headache / heartache and a lot more money later.

But personally for me the best solution is never get married and bring her to the US.

Just live with her in Colombia and  keep your money
 In the US (or wherever)

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2018, 02:38:03 PM »
Benjio ifshe had a guy that visited her from overseas twice a year I think that would end after she moves in with you..whether in US or Colombia. And if he visited her when you were away, the PI  would find out.

You would be looking for something more serious than that..which is basically a previos relationship..you are looking for present infidelites, general honesty,character  and morality.

Which you may not need a Pi for unless she is the World greatest actress
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 02:44:25 PM by Elexpatriado »

Offline ag1987

« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2018, 03:17:04 PM »
Anyone here that has brought their wife to the states successfully? I am not in a position to move to Colombia, at least until I am retirement-eligible in 15 years...

Offline benjio

« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2018, 03:30:07 PM »
Anyone here that has brought their wife to the states successfully? I am not in a position to move to Colombia, at least until I am retirement-eligible in 15 years...

Dude, PLENTY OF GUYS!!! Please don’t let us discourage you. It’s just that when you’ve lived and dated in Colombia for a while you realize it isn’t all peaches and cream. They are gorgeous women there. A LOT OF THEM!!! Probably more than you’ll ever see anywhere else. But beautiful doesn’t exactly mean marriage material. And it’s literally the worse place on Earth to be thinking with the wrong head!! Go for it!! Just be smart!!

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2018, 05:10:36 PM »
ag1987 said:
I am beginning that process now as we speak. (much to elex's chagrin!)

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2018, 06:38:03 PM »
Yes a bunch of us. I am at almost 7 years married.  Plenty of bumps along the way but still going strong...

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2018, 08:31:44 AM »

My wife was a widow with three children from Medellin when I married her in 2003. Here we are 15 years later living in San Antonio, Texas and still speaking Spanish every day. She has changed very little in that time. She managed a large shop of textile workers in Itaqui back in Colombia and now she manages a large shop of automotive assembly workers here. Her kids are all grown up, college graduates and each of them successful in their careers.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2018, 08:31:44 AM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2018, 08:51:32 AM »
ag1987 said:I am beginning that process now as we speak. (much to elex's chagrin!)

Chagrin?
I dont really care what you do as I stated before. What gave you that idea?

But for newbies,in spite of UCs sucess story, I wouldnt recommed anyone bring an extended family to the US(more than just a single childless women). It is pretty obviious to anyone  that that is a major headache and major  personal sacrifice.

"Starting the process" is a long , long  way from "success" ..come talk to us in 5 years

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 09:19:41 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2018, 08:57:52 AM »

I know 4 guys at least here on this site , who dont post it as much, who have been married to at least one Colombiana and it didnt work out.

Two of them.have been married to Colombianas múltiple times.

I myself am still technically married to one, but I havent talked to her in 6 years. But I wasnt dumb enough to bring her to Canadá (other than a tourist visa) though.

Does that qualify as success?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 09:17:27 AM by Elexpatriado »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128