It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: "Honesty from the mouth of babes"  (Read 1636 times)

Offline raycjs

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
"Honesty from the mouth of babes"
« on: August 28, 2008, 08:36:43 AM »
Something very special happend yesterday in our home and i want to share it with all of you...........

Last night the phone rang and i answered it and on the other end was a women with a heavy accent trying to remember my name and at the same time asking to speak to my fiance Lina. Well after a few minutes i find out i am talking with the sister of my finaces daughters Father. So i hand the phone to Lina and they talk for 30 plus min. The women on the phone is Kathy and she is the sister of Juliana's father from Colombia. She is now asking Lina if she could please talk to Juliana because she is her aunt. Lina tells her that is fine but please keep in mind that Juliana has not seen or spoken to her (Kathy) since she was 1 years old so she will not remember who Kathy is. So Juliana gets on the phone and we hear her tell Kathy all about her new home and her new pets and so on this went on for about 10 min. Then all of a sudden we hear Juliana say no no no no
Ray is my poppy no no no my poppy is ray and then she hands the phone to her mother and goes off to continue playing with the dogs and her toys.... WOW
She just told the sister of her real father that I am her father......... WOW

I just wanted to share this with all of you because it made me feel like i was on top of the world. I picked that little girl up and just gave her such a big hug and a kiss.

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Offline fathertime

Re: "Honesty from the mouth of babes"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 09:39:35 AM »
Nice story ray.  I am glad your little girl responded the way she did. 

It is entirely inappropriate for this sister of the biological father, to be injecting anything of this nature into the little girl’s head, without first discussing it with the mother or yourself.  As a poster here, I can only speculate on what the conversation entailed, but it seems to me that you might want to discuss how ‘biological family members’ are going to be speaking with your girl.   Perhaps it was an innocent conversation or perhaps it was someone trying to undermine your status as the little girl’s father.   It comes across as devious to me…

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Bear

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 09:43:29 AM »
I can see how that made you feel pretty good but its not true and I hope it doesn't get your tailbone thumped.  Even if her father is a jerk she needs to know he had a part in making her but that you love her and will take care of her like your doing her mother.  The sperm/egg donor is not always the father/mother and the person who loves them but they are the part of that child.

The Bear Family

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 09:43:29 AM »

Offline raycjs

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 10:53:38 AM »
Thank you both very much and from the beginning i made sure to express to Lina and her family that i will not replace the father or ever want too. I would never stop our daughter from visiting her father or keep her father from visiting his daughter. But i will have a problem with anyone trying to undermine my true and real intentions. I have been with this little girl more in the last 12 months then the father or his family has ever been with in the past 3 plus years of her life. Lina has never stopped the father or his family from visiting with Juliana they all choose not to make time for her. I am just so happy to have them in my life and i wanted to share this with everyone who is think of taking on a women with child or who already has.

Once again thank you all for your thoughts and help.

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 01:28:13 PM »
Ray:

A wonderful experience and thank you for opening your heart. You are a very generous man.

Dennis

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 01:56:53 PM »
It is entirely inappropriate for this sister of the biological father, to be injecting anything of this nature into the little girl’s head, without first discussing it with the mother or yourself.  As a poster here, I can only speculate on what the conversation entailed, but it seems to me that you might want to discuss how ‘biological family members’ are going to be speaking with your girl.   Perhaps it was an innocent conversation or perhaps it was someone trying to undermine your status as the little girl’s father.   It comes across as devious to me…

Fathertime!

Hey Ray,

That was very touching! But, I have to strongly agree with fathertime! BTDT Please be very alert! These people are likely going to cause serious problems! My ex and her mother (Cuban) have tried to turn my boys (I've had custody since they were 5 and 9, now 18 and 22) against my new wife and I for the past eight years (when we met). To our faces they were very congenial, while stabbing us in our backs. They have used every devious means they could think of, mostly outrageous lies. They have even tried to use the Catholic church and priests against us! Eventually it all came out. But, they have managed to create a lot of drama and friction! The worst part is the negative effect it has had on my sons. My older son has finally realized the truth. My younger son will eventually. Good Luck!

Dave
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:25:06 PM by Dave H »
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline David

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 04:37:31 PM »
wow is right! that's huge!  :o

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members