It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: My valentines day in the US  (Read 4922 times)

Offline InnocentVixen

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
My valentines day in the US
« on: February 15, 2012, 08:54:06 PM »
Hi guys, how was valentines?
Mine was great, had a nice romantic dinner in a lovely restaurant in my boyfriend's area, the first thing I noticed when we arrived before we got in the restaurant was that there didn't seem to be many people out and dressed up on the streets, it looked like a normal day and I even saw a couple walking their dog and another one eating at my favorite sandwich place which is a very very simple place and not romantic at all.

We go into the restaurant and I suddenly feel self-conscious, nobody looked dressed up and it was supposed to be a fancy restaurant! they were not in pijamas if you get what I mean but not dressed up... in my city the cute little red dress is kind of a rule that day and the girls go out of their way to look good on their date, so with that in mind I decided I did not want to look like most girls and go for a more sexy look with dangerous high heels, flaming red lips and all...

Needless to say I felt silly when I looked at everyone else, until after a bit a couple sat next to our table, they might have been middle eastern, I couldn't understand the language but the girl was nicely dressed and then BEHOLD a latina comes out of a dark corner in a tiny red dress that could be painted to her body that was on her way to the restroom, let's just put it this way, I no longer felt inappropriate haha.

I'm still a little baffled as to how is it possible women will not even dress up for a romantic dinner such as this, bf mentioned in one of his visits how impressed he was with how women dress up in my city, I smiled and explained to him that was just weekend, real dress up is on special occasion. Could it be that valentines day is more important in Mexico than in the US?

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: My valentines day in the US
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »
I_V here it is a big deal. One of the major days of the 'schlock' culture's calendar, which includes in order of importance to the transfer of money from one pocket to the other:  Christmas (should really be called 'Festivus'), Mother's Day, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day,  Halloween, Fat Tuesday, Father's Day, Grandparent's Day, Secretary's Day, Sweetheart's Day, Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick's Day, Colombus Day, April Fools Day, Groundhog's Day, Arbor Day.

Anyway, I'm glad you had a nice St. Valentine's day.     
Where I live it seems the only time you see a woman in a dress is at a funeral and even that phenomena is starting to disappear.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:26:33 PM by beginthebeguin »
"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:32:07 PM »
It irks me these days how poorly people dress to go to nice places. It's a Southern California thing moreso than many other cities in the US. It's pretty odd to think that people in San Diego don't dress nearly as nice as people in Tijuana, but that's the way it is.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:32:07 PM »

Offline V_Man

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 06:15:53 AM »
The thing is IV, very few men will tell you the following but they all think it:
If she dresses up nice and looks after her body then she respects herself. I'm attracted to her.
If she doesn't then in a man's mind she does not respect herself and so why should I feel attracted to someone that does not even respect themselves.

This is the way us males think. We just almost never verbalise it.

Offline InnocentVixen

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 09:32:36 AM »
I see, so it's probably an area thing... thinking back I did see women dressed up in Gaslamp on a weekend once, of course there was all kind of people around probably from different places not to mention young and in clubbing mode, I didn't see many young couples around Coronado. I've always thought it was funny how many americans feel old at a very young age, maybe that fast paced life they have and that silly brainwashing that you have to be 20 to look good has something to do with it, the way I see it if you are not very good looking and not that young anymore it just means you have to make a bigger effort to look good.

PS. I remember someone talking to me about 5 de mayo, it's no big deal here in Mexico

Offline Tanuki

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 12:12:54 PM »

PS. I remember someone talking to me about 5 de mayo, it's no big deal here in Mexico

Yeah, we kind of decided to take it from Mexico and make it one of our holidays to celebrate.  So, you best be keeping an eye on your other holidays over there.  Or, we'll steal them too and show you folks how to celebrate those under appreciated holidays.  That is how we roll.  ;D

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 03:30:41 PM »
It's a Southern California thing moreso than many other cities in the US.

It seems like that's the case. I was in San Francisco and everyone was dressed up n the streets and at the restaurants. It was so nice to see everyone with carrying flowers and Victoria's Secrets bags!  :)

By the way, I stayed around Chinatown and on Valentine's I saw the most beautiful Asian girls I've ever seen. They're so classy!

Offline whitey

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 05:34:58 PM »
Hi guys, how was valentines?
Mine was great, had a nice romantic dinner in a lovely restaurant in my boyfriend's area

Boyfriend?!  I didn't receive the memo on this!  Congrats IV ... he's a lucky man.

in my city the cute little red dress is kind of a rule that day and the girls go out of their way to look good on their date, so with that in mind I decided I did not want to look like most girls and go for a more sexy look with dangerous high heels, flaming red lips and all...

Pictures please ... ;)

On Tuesday I came home from work to find a trail of leaves going up the stairs, a balloon shaped heart, petals in the shape of a heart on the bed, and a nice message written on the bathroom mirror in lipstick. 

All I got her was a card and some chocolate kisses, but we'll have a nice meal this weekend and then we're going to visit a friend of hers from high school that lives a couple hours away.  They haven't seen each other in about 15 years.
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline stnmasn

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 06:28:39 PM »
I am not aware that "many americans feel old at a very young age"...i have found the opposite....everyone i know feels that "40 is the new 30, 50 is new 40"and so on.

Who here feels old at a very young age?

Brainwashed that we need to be 20 to look good? is that only an american thing? I don't think so. It seems like an latin american thing easily just as much if not more so....how about all the super hot, young anchorwomen all over latin programming...do they not exploit the hot yound latinas in all the novelas? I see much more hot YOUNG skin on my wifes  television stations than i ever have the luck of seeing on american programming. They seem to try and "brainwash" latinos just as well as gringos that you need to look 20 to look good.
I am being presumptious but i imagine it is similar in Europe.

An ex of mine used to tell me that men age gracefully and women not so much.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:02:43 PM by stnmasn, Reason: want to add more »

Offline InnocentVixen

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 10:58:27 AM »
Thanks whitey, sadly we forgot to take pictures! I think your valentines sounds pretty good too though :)

stnmasn, maybe I didn't phrased it right, we all know latinamerica has different standards for females... I mean after all that is one of the reasons you guys can go there and have your pick between a wide age range of attractive women, would you still go through the trouble if that wasn't the case? it's about making the most of what you have and self respect like V_Man said.

Someone once told me that my fascination with east coast guys might be because as a general rule they are more blunt, old fashioned and stylish, those 3 traits indeed sound great to me and while I've always noticed that I am not that attracted to men in CA (well maybe SF wouldn't be so bad from what BG said) I guess it didn't register in my mind that people wouldn't even put some effort in a special occasion that is supposed to be focused on romance, so it was a bit of a shock to me.

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »
Boyfriend?!  I didn't receive the memo on this!  Congrats IV ... he's a lucky man.

I've met him! They have my approval.  :P

Offline stnmasn

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 04:15:38 PM »
gotcha IV.

Offline quelindo

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 09:09:05 PM »
Vixen, what you mentioned is one quality I find so attractive in Latina women.  I really like when I have a partner I really love and will go out of my way to put on little touches for her, make her happy, and try to look good for her so long as she appreciates it.  Seems most Latina women do, and it's very different from the typical American woman who just doesn't seem to have quite as much passion or understanding of what men really want.  For a special occassion, please do dress stunningly.  I enjoy and pursue beautiful women for many reasons, but yeah you know I am proud for people to see this beautiful woman who I love and loves me back.  It's nice to be one of the more attractive couples and as a guy we really appreciate women making effort to look sexy for us.  Makes us feel wanted.

I didn't do anything for Valentine's Day but I'm actually regreting it a bit now because I apparently am an idiot and didn't realize how much the girl was interested in me and so I didn't do anything special for her...she was sad about it, which showed me she really liked me but I could also be wrong.  She maybe was just trying to guilt trip me, and could have said the same thing to various other men.  Who knows!  I think she does like me, but due to lack of experience with Latina women I'm still having to learn how she wants to be pursued.  Ay caramba! :)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 09:09:05 PM »

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 01:52:17 PM »

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 06:32:17 PM »
My Valentines was nice, but a few days before, I took these two young, hot Latinas, more than 25 years younger than I, on a wild date. We hopped in a Jag, and cruised through the rich part of Malibu, past movie star's houses, frolicked on the beach at Zuma, then stopped at a beachside bistro in Paradise Cove, sipped wine and ate cracked crab, smoked salmon, killer ceveche and more. It was a blast. These two were classy, educated, could speak English, and had visas. I know, I know - way too many red flags, but it was sure lots of fun.

Offline whitey

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 07:36:56 PM »
My Valentines was nice, but a few days before, I took these two young, hot Latinas, more than 25 years younger than I, on a wild date. We hopped in a Jag, and cruised through the rich part of Malibu, past movie star's houses, frolicked on the beach at Zuma, then stopped at a beachside bistro in Paradise Cove, sipped wine and ate cracked crab, smoked salmon, killer ceveche and more. It was a blast. These two were classy, educated, could speak English, and had visas. I know, I know - way too many red flags, but it was sure lots of fun.

Bull!  Those kinds of women don't exist!
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 08:03:36 PM »
"Leg hurts! Pulled it! Must gain control of ship. My ship!" - James T. Kirk   ::)
"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Offline braziliangirl

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 08:04:45 PM »
Yeah, Jeff! It sounds to me like a fish story. Or they might be prepagos.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:07:56 PM by braziliangirl »

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 10:16:34 PM »
You could be right. Have to hang on to my wallet.

Offline InnocentVixen

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 11:56:33 AM »
I heard they went down to Mexico for a couple of days, they probably don't have visas, they must have used a coyote!  ;D

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 03:25:55 PM »
Hey, I hear it's tough being stacked up three deep in the trunk!  :-[

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5870
Latest: ionttxgie