It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: A rich man's endeavor ?  (Read 5109 times)

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
  • Trips: > 10
Re: A rich man's endeavor ?
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2011, 07:07:50 PM »
Anyway, if anyone can help me understand the approximate cost for the tour and how much of a drop will it be in cost after my first tour is over and I am ready to visit again?
Tours can be expensive depending on the services used. I would say about $1000 budget in that area alone depending on the agency.
International dating is not cheap...period.  You will have hotel costs, restaurant costs for your dates ( remember you are paying for everything including their taxi fare) air fare and agency fees as well the first time. I would say plan on spending at LEAST $3000 for your first trip. ( that is for all the mentioned cost.)
Your second trip will hopefully not have agency fees so it should be a little less  (minimum $2000 but probably more) depending on airfare and hotel cost ( you want one star or five star?)

Offline JimD

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2011, 09:04:24 PM »
The most popular agency with posters on this site is in Barranquilla. It´s 3 day "Romance Tour" which includes three nights lodging is $1500.00 US  (or $2'850.000 pesos). The site urges an aditional 7 night stay at $180.00 US ($342.000 pesos) per night totaling $1260.00 US. So not counting your airfare, meals and taxi transportaion for you, your date and the translator you´re starting off at a base price of $2750.00 US for ten days. Add say $800.00 US if you´re flying from the midwest and you have a base of $3550.00. With the extras above you should probobly budget at least $5000.000 for the trip.
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Offline Chris F

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2011, 10:44:03 PM »
The site urges an aditional 7 night stay at $180.00 US ($342.000 pesos) per night totaling $1260.00 US. "

After spending $1500 for the three day rommance tour, I believe most guys can find a very nice hotel in Barranquilla for a LOT LESS than the $180 a night Jamie wants to charge if your information is correct

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2011, 10:44:03 PM »

Offline RioRanger

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2011, 11:53:12 PM »
3500 USD is what I was thinking with little extra just in case I want to make my stay longer. I just brought a new house last year so money is tight to some extent. I still have see my family in puerto rico  (Ponce) during my leave so I have to set some money aside for that aswell.

Does anybody have some good questions to ask the women to find out what their true motive  for coming to the agency. Cheat sheet if you will?
Sua Sponte!

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2011, 12:09:24 AM »
3500 USD is what I was thinking with little extra just in case I want to make my stay longer. I just brought a new house last year so money is tight to some extent. I still have see my family in puerto rico  (Ponce) during my leave so I have to set some money aside for that aswell.

Does anybody have some good questions to ask the women to find out what their true motive  for coming to the agency. Cheat sheet if you will?

Hey Rio! 

I wouldn't worry about asking the ladies questions about their motives when you first meet them.  I'd get to know a few ladies first, and then you can either figure it out, or ask individual ladies specific questions based on what you already know about them.   A mixture of fun conversation and questions is wayyyyy better than just a straight line of questions, and you will get more truthful responses that way too...just something to keep in mind! 

I think the money you are talking about is about right, bring a little extra though because things always come up and you don't want to have to worry about cash when you are enjoying the ladies. 

Fathertime! 

09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline JimD

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 06:14:26 AM »
 "I believe most guys can find a very nice hotel in Barranquilla for a LOT LESS than the $180 a night Jamie wants to charge if your information is correct"

Chris F

I got the information of the website. Actually if you don´t book in advance (I think well in advance) the charge per night is $200.00 US or $380.000 pesos. As I understand it you don´t have the option of paying "a lot less" because in order to use the introducion service you must stay in their lodgings and pay those rates. Does seem a little pricey since for example a Luxury King Suite with Jacuzzi at the Hotel Spiwak at Chipichape mall in Cali, the brand new 5 star rated hotel runs $110.00 US ($209.000 pesos).
Yes $3500 would be about right for the three day stay covering meals, taxis and other incidentals for yourself, your dates and your translator.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:21:16 AM by JimD »
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Offline Chris F

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 08:51:42 PM »

Do you interview your  dates here in the US to see what is their "true motive?"  Of course you do not!!  Remember its a date where you are getting to know someone..nothing more nothing less. As FT stated keep the conversation fun witha question or two thrown in that is important  to you.

Offline V_Man

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 09:46:02 PM »
I hope you realise that these women are going to ask YOU why you have come to Colombia to date women.  Personally I think that is a reasonable question.

You can certainly ask them why they are using an agency but I don't really see the point of the question. They are single. They don't want to remain single. Agencies exist. The internet exists. Connect the dots. What did you want them to do? Hang out in a bar waiting for prince charming to come riding up? If cousin Juan's amigo was the perfect match for them, they would have hooked up with him already. If they are a gold digger, why would they tell you?

I am no expert in these matters at all but I have found that Colombian woman are way more easy to read than western women by a huge factor. At least in the initial stages anyway. That is a big factor in their favour as far as I am concerned.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 299