Forum > Off-Topic Items

what will happen

<< < (3/3)

benjio:

--- Quote from: robert angel on November 20, 2020, 12:58:02 PM ---This sh!t is getting weirder by the minute, what with talk of chavez, dominion and soros fixing the election in all 50 states.

""You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time""

Lots of conspiracy theories left and right. I used to say: "You can't make stuff like this up" but I don't even say that anymore.

This is more and more like 'unreality TV'--I'm not going to get all caught up, not following any which side of this. I'm not going down the countless rabbit holes they're putting out there. I got better stuff to do.

One thing for sure,  the news, the internet and media in general, has lost 'objectivity' to the point where they barely deserve our attentions.

That said, I still can't imagine who'd arrest trump if he decided in January that he liked his current residence that much?

I mean, as commander in chief,   sending in the military would set an awful example, looking like a coup. If his bitter enemy  the FBI, shows him the door, that'd be some wicked egg on his face.

Whatever, however, each story 'reporting' it will have its own 'spin' on it.

What do foreigners--'nationals'--where you guys live abroad, think about what's going on with the USA? Last year, I sort of felt people were either purposefully silent, maybe somewhere between rolling their eyes and shaking their heads--or of the general feeling that the USA had lost it's 'mojo'--it's leadership edge on the global stage.

What are you guys seeing & hearing?

--- End quote ---

I was speaking with a guy from Venezuela here in Bogota yesterday. I guess I hadn’t thought about this until I spoke with him. Being an American all my life has afforded me the privilege of taking a fair democracy for granted. He told me something I’ll never forget though: “The United States is truly a great country. In Latin America dictators have used tactics like that for decades to remain in power against the wishes of the people and the better interest of the countries. As far as I can tell it looks like what he’s trying to do isn’t something Americans are going to tolerate.”

robert angel:

--- Quote from: benjio on November 21, 2020, 10:41:08 AM ---I was speaking with a guy from Venezuela here in Bogota yesterday. I guess I hadn’t thought about this until I spoke with him. Being an American all my life has afforded me the privilege of taking a fair democracy for granted. He told me something I’ll never forget though: “The United States is truly a great country. In Latin America dictators have used tactics like that for decades to remain in power against the wishes of the people and the better interest of the countries. As far as I can tell it looks like what he’s trying to do isn’t something Americans are going to tolerate.”

--- End quote ---

Elex, Cali--what's the general 'word on the street'  thereabouts on the overall state of affairs of the USA?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version