It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Corona  (Read 30561 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Corona
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2020, 10:49:25 AM »
http://diarioriente.com/altiplano/la-exitosa-estrategia-de-corea-del-sur-para-enfrentar-el-covid-19-sera-implementada-en-colombia.html?fbclid=IwAR2VCsuqlVF-IC__iqZfPpLJiEHdPiyIknYKwmxaG1ouXy8xcF_05cCbZTI

According to this article it looks like Duque doesn't think Colombia can withstand a lot quarantine and is looking to follow the South Korean model of virus containment

But yeah--if my recall of history is correct, you're probably right. C. & S Americans tend to follow strong military/dictator type leadership better than more westernized nations.

In Asian countries they pretty much do as told because if they don't, consequences follow.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:20:04 AM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2020, 10:46:19 AM »
"""I was trying to run up the 19 floors of my apartment complex 15 or 20 times"""

Now why on earth would residents of an apartment tower have any issue with such behavior?

Because you arent following the"Rules"..even though they would never do exercise in their lives, but want to deny the others from doing it.

Many Santandereanos are like that.. muy chismoso y envidioso

Anyway, where I am running now is much better, and the taxista seems to think the peole wont complain about me running through the area.

The only risk I takis with the taxi driver, and he says he has very few clients that he doesnt know personally now, Very difficult just to pick people up in the street.

I amgiving him good employment. Pay him 20 mil an hour.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2020, 02:21:52 PM »

Because you arent following the"Rules"..even though they would never do exercise in their lives, but want to deny the others from doing it.

Many Santandereanos are like that.. muy chismoso y envidioso

Anyway, where I am running now is much better, and the taxista seems to think the peole wont complain about me running through the area.

The only risk I takis with the taxi driver, and he says he has very few clients that he doesnt know personally now, Very difficult just to pick people up in the street.

I amgiving him good employment. Pay him 20 mil an hour.

Not following the rules is killing people with this virus. BUT if I were a runner in your situation, I'd do that taxi deal and find a prime, open area.

Before I decided running causes too much wear and tear, I used to run 5 to 7 miles a day, and occasionally work steps, like Rocky Balboa.

Have lived in apts, but couldn't fathom running 15-20 floors.

I was about addicted to running--I'd run til I barfed, then run again, I ran in snowstorms, etc.

My neighbor told me there's a popular video out showing a guy training for a full on marathon, but just by running 'laps' around his tiny backyard. As of yesterday they closed the gyms--so no need for me to make an excuse for not walking over to our nearby gym. I mean--the pool's closed too--so no girls to check out anyway, lol.

Been doing some short, high intensity (cardio, sweat up) 7 to 10 minute workouts from youtube etc. Haven't timed sex lately, but I'm not gaining weight!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 03:04:28 PM by robert angel »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2020, 02:21:52 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2020, 02:34:28 PM »
A LOT of babies are gonna be born in 2021!

Having my amorous young wife around 24X7 for weeks on end, with no place to go, certainly hasn't left us with nothing to do!!

It was always nice that she got a solid hour off at lunch and we could spend 45 of those minutes at home in bed together, but now that we're locked in the rabbit cage indefinitely, small wonder we're acting accordingly. 

And acting, thinking creatively there, in the moment, around the house, helps keep us from going too crazy.

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2020, 08:29:12 PM »
A LOT of babies are gonna be born in 2021!

Having my amorous young wife around 24X7 for weeks on end, with no place to go, certainly hasn't left us with nothing to do!!

It was always nice that she got a solid hour off at lunch and we could spend 45 of those minutes at home in bed together, but now that we're locked in the rabbit cage indefinitely, small wonder we're acting accordingly. 

And acting, thinking creatively there, in the moment, around the house, helps keep us from going too crazy.

You are doing good for a guy living in the USA

But there is really no comparison to a guy living in Colombia. That's why guys that live here are never going back

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2020, 01:19:31 PM »

But there is really no comparison to a guy living in Colombia. That's why guys that live here are never going back

It sounds idyllic alright down thataway. I am sure I would love the overall 'scenery' and for a while anyways and find the differences between there and here very interesting. It's odd--but if I could climb the highest tree in our neighborhood, we could see the ocean--but it's a good 40 minute drive to the nicer ocean beaches for us.

I was very surprised that my wife--who goes to extraordinary measures to prevent her morena skin even a shade darker, told me she liked the idea--the 'vibe' of beach side living. She stays out of the sun and can't hardly swim, lol.

That--within walking distance to stores and other convieniences, is beginning to appeal more to me. I like a beach vibe too--but want 1st world trappings.

Not sure if it's in our budget right now --if we're ready for it, but I tell myself that if we REALLY want to live just about anywhere, if we 'will' it, it can be done. And without living in or around squalor.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 01:23:25 PM by robert angel »

Offline Calipro

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2020, 02:05:46 PM »

It sounds idyllic alright down thataway. I am sure I would love the overall 'scenery' and for a while anyways and find the differences between there and here very interesting. It's odd--but if I could climb the highest tree in our neighborhood, we could see the ocean--but it's a good 40 minute drive to the nicer ocean beaches for us.

I was very surprised that my wife--who goes to extraordinary measures to prevent her morena skin even a shade darker, told me she liked the idea--the 'vibe' of beach side living. She stays out of the sun and can't hardly swim, lol.

That--within walking distance to stores and other convieniences, is beginning to appeal more to me. I like a beach vibe too--but want 1st world trappings.

Not sure if it's in our budget right now --if we're ready for it, but I tell myself that if we REALLY want to live just about anywhere, if we 'will' it, it can be done. And without living in or around squalor.

There is one thing in life that will improve your life more than anything else and that is the people you have in your life. If you are looking to make a move.....find a place where you like spending quality time with the locals

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2020, 03:50:49 PM »
There is one thing in life that will improve your life more than anything else and that is the people you have in your life. If you are looking to make a move.....find a place where you like spending quality time with the locals

Maybe we're missing something.  The more we are around other people -and that includes nice people and wonderful family, the more we just like her and I, together, just the two of us.

We go out, to dinner, dates, travel etc, but increasingly, socialization seems more like an obligation than voluntary for us. Then, we can hardly wait to get home, in bed to relax, read -- hell, we even cook in kitchen and eat in bed. Have a mixed drink, glass of wine...

Before CV19, we got out to shop, hit parks, beaches, did our date nights,  ran chores etc, but my wife always (99.5%) turns down offers to shop, double date, go to 'events' etc.

It's not quite a "Eff em all, just leave us alone" mindset, (she's socially gracious, almost to a fault) but virus or not, home or away, she likes me, and only Me, close by.

And she's mighty fine--with a face and body most high school girls would love to have, smart, generally laid back, easy going company. If I'm gonna be in jail cell CV19 awhile, at least I've got a great cell mate!

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2020, 10:18:13 PM »
Maybe we're missing something.  The more we are around other people -and that includes nice people and wonderful family, the more we just like her and I, together, just the two of us.

We go out, to dinner, dates, travel etc, but increasingly, socialization seems more like an obligation than voluntary for us. Then, we can hardly wait to get home, in bed to relax, read -- hell, we even cook in kitchen and eat in bed. Have a mixed drink, glass of wine...

Before CV19, we got out to shop, hit parks, beaches, did our date nights,  ran chores etc, but my wife always (99.5%) turns down offers to shop, double date, go to 'events' etc.

It's not quite a "Eff em all, just leave us alone" mindset, (she's socially gracious, almost to a fault) but virus or not, home or away, she likes me, and only Me, close by.

And she's mighty fine--with a face and body most high school girls would love to have, smart, generally laid back, easy going company. If I'm gonna be in jail cell CV19 awhile, at least I've got a great cell mate!

You two sound pretty socially introverted and this isn’t the first post you’ve written that gave me that impression. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think my personal preference is more in line with Cali’s though. I don’t like clingy women and I’ve always been of the opinion that the time you spend apart from your significant other makes the time together so much more priceless. Also I’m a bit of a social butterfly so the people I live around and surround myself with have a huge influence on my quality of life.

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2020, 11:37:58 AM »
You two sound pretty socially introverted and this isn’t the first post you’ve written that gave me that impression. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think my personal preference is more in line with Cali’s though. I don’t like clingy women and I’ve always been of the opinion that the time you spend apart from your significant other makes the time together so much more priceless. Also I’m a bit of a social butterfly so the people I live around and surround myself with have a huge influence on my quality of life.
Me being an introvert this is less rough for me.  My wife is a total extrovert so it's tougher on her.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2020, 01:12:37 PM »

Apparently there wasn't much chance of you catching the virus even before the lock down and social distancing became the norm jajaja

But the quarantine in Colombia is slowly killing me

I think maybe this board might be your only social outlet but it isn't a replacement for good friends

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2020, 02:17:30 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2020, 03:00:07 PM »

Outside the bedroom, she's introverted all around, but it'd be a stretch to call her clingy. That said, as an event informal or formal, she might be talking (actually listening more) to the girls, but if I have a crumb on my chin, if my plate's empty or my clothes are amiss, she's on it if she's within 100 yards of me.

She IS a doting wife, for sure--as my sisters have noted.

Outside of family, she's introverted, but given a time of need, she can get alpha in a hurry. Lost in the Paris subway, underground at closing time, (taking the subway to the Eiffel Tower was HER idea, lol) we found our credit cards no good and no cash-- she figured it all out. When needed, her survival tenacity and intelligence come on strong.

Once you get me out, I am very, very verbal. Imagine my long winded posts in the context of conversation, and then picture some Italian goombah outta da Bronx-- that's me.

What's so weird is where my wife comes from---an old school of courting values, men are men if they're stoic and quiet and 'the gays' are known to yakity yak....

She's always 100% private, she's never called me out in public and never in front of the kids--but she asks me afterwards to be a better listener and to ask questions -- to not dominate convos.

In public she monitors my conversations from near and afar and this is great--she'll sometimes signal me ""TMI"" = That's her telling me I might be putting out " Too Much Information " in a convo...

I literally worked for periods of months to years with 1000s of people at dozens of workplaces, but I keep less friends than fingers on a single hand. I don't text or call them, never mind get together with them much. But quality over quantity there--they and my family (who live a 1000 miles away) know we have ea other's backs no matter what. That's been proven.

We didn't get out of the Paris subway and back to our hotel, tired and hungry, til 2AM, but at least atop the Eiffel Tower, I was in control enough to ask her to marry me again and the silly girl said yes!!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2020, 03:00:07 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2020, 04:12:20 PM »
Apparently there wasn't much chance of you catching the virus even before the lock down and social distancing became the norm jajaja

But the quarantine in Colombia is slowly killing me

I think maybe this board might be your only social outlet but it isn't a replacement for good friends

I'm probably the only guy here (left here or formerly a member) who doesn't have a face book acct. Tic Toc = schlock to me.

I let my wife set up an Instagram acct for me months ago and I haven't added/changed it once.

During regular (non CVirus) times, I might get out alone and drive somewhere 2 or 3 times a week, tops. That doesn't include us maybe going to the park, to places to work out or dates/weekend activities.

But as she works Mon - Fri 8 to 5, I open my eyes around 7:30 to see how tastefully dressed she is, take my breakfast in bed and then I go back to sleep til 10 or so. By 1:00 to 2:00, she's home for lunch and I'll usually have warmed some food up so we can eat quickly and get back in bed to errrr 'relax'.

I don't fix lunch everyday, as I don't want to feel like 'the house husband.' As before I retired, I do the outside, she does the 99% of the inside. Before I retired I explained straight up that was (is) the way things are. She replied "Honey, why don't you let me pay people to do the lawn?--it gets so hot"

I have yet to hear the oh so USA query:

"And what did YOU do all day??"

If asked, my reply would likely be: "Not much hon, relaxed..."

After she heads back to work,  I might read out in our backyard's gardens --she makes sure I have the daily 'paper' newspaper (archaic I know) so I don't get "bored". I get a ton of magazines,  half never get read. Even my chromebook, w 2400X1600 screen resolution being OK outside, might get some use, but not much there either. That or my phone work for streaming music to bluetooth speakers while I chill, suits me fine.

We have mega internet, tons of cable, netflix etc channels etc. but we rarely watch TV.  -- we have our favorite music streaming a lot more than TV.

We don't want a dog, but after near sixty years, I can see why people prefer their company to human's.

But sometimes, sitting out in my private gardens, reading, listening to the birds sing, and sipping my coffee, I wonder if I'm gonna go out like Don Corelone in "The Godfather" --keeling over my tomato plants...

I'll be OK w that, even if unlike the Don, I don't have Grandkids running around at the time.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2020, 04:35:28 PM »
I'm probably the only guy here (left here or formerly a member) who doesn't have a face book acct. Tic Toc = schlock to me.

I let my wife set up an Instagram acct for me months ago and I haven't added/changed it once.

During regular (non CVirus) times, I might get out alone and drive somewhere 2 or 3 times a week, tops. That doesn't include us maybe going to the park, to places to work out or dates/weekend activities.

But as she works Mon - Fri 8 to 5, I open my eyes around 7:30 to see how tastefully dressed she is, take my breakfast in bed and then I go back to sleep til 10 or so. By 1:00 to 2:00, she's home for lunch and I'll usually have warmed some food up so we can eat quickly and get back in bed to errrr 'relax'.

I don't fix lunch everyday, as I don't want to feel like 'the house husband.' As before I retired, I do the outside, she does the 99% of the inside. Before I retired I explained straight up that was (is) the way things are. She replied "Honey, why don't you let me pay people to do the lawn?--it gets so hot"

I have yet to hear the oh so USA query:

"And what did YOU do all day??"

If asked, my reply would likely be: "Not much hon, relaxed..."

After she heads back to work,  I might read out in our backyard's gardens --she makes sure I have the daily 'paper' newspaper (archaic I know) so I don't get "bored". I get a ton of magazines,  half never get read. Even my chromebook, w 2400X1600 screen resolution being OK outside, might get some use, but not much there either. That or my phone work for streaming music to bluetooth speakers while I chill, suits me fine.

We have mega internet, tons of cable, netflix etc channels etc. but we rarely watch TV.  -- we have our favorite music streaming a lot more than TV.

We don't want a dog, but after near sixty years, I can see why people prefer their company to human's.

But sometimes, sitting out in my private gardens, reading, listening to the birds sing, and sipping my coffee, I wonder if I'm gonna go out like Don Corelone in "The Godfather" --keeling over my tomato plants...

I'll be OK w that, even if unlike the Don, I don't have Grandkids running around at the time.

From the sound of it ....it really doesn't matter much where you live....isn't much difference in banging your wife or eating at home no matter where you live

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2020, 04:44:52 PM »
Why Germany Has Fewer COVID Deaths Than Neighbors
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200402/why-germany-has-fewer-covid-deaths-than-neighbors

They had massive amounts of test kits by mid January--engineering them before China could, and they used them.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2020, 04:00:32 PM »
Why Germany Has Fewer COVID Deaths Than Neighbors
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200402/why-germany-has-fewer-covid-deaths-than-neighbors

They had massive amounts of test kits by mid January--engineering them before China could, and they used them.

Just a mile away the Shell gas station (We only use Shell or BP gas, it's clean, w additives) gas is a whopping $1.47  a gallon.

When I use my 20% off --purchase $50 in groceries, get $50 in gas on prepaid card you pay only $40 for, I'm paying $1.17 a gallon.

Still, 'full price's @ $1.47 a gallon is amazing.

I think adjusted for inflation, that's gotta be about as cheap as gas and oil has ever been in N America. Elex?

As the #1 producer of oil in the world, the USA still prefers to import and use other nation's oil while it's readily available.

I think the cheapest gasoline's been in the more than a 100 years since automobiles became known was 17 or 18 cents a gallon around 1932, when The Great Depression slowed traffic and need. I vaguely recall 21 cents briefly in the late 60's or early 70's-‐-during the 'gas wars.' Later came the crazy OOEC induced 'shortages.' Back then they pumped it for you after washing your window and if you said " Fill er up" some places gave you a set of four glass TV Cartoon  character drinking glasses. My, how times have changed.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 07:26:08 PM by robert angel »

Offline ignorante

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2020, 02:08:33 PM »
Cheap prices will put many American producers out of business, especially those extracting oil from shale, as they need oil to be above $40 not to lose money.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2020, 04:18:11 PM »
Cheap prices will put many American producers out of business, especially those extracting oil from shale, as they need oil to be above $40 not to lose money.

Acc to Stanford--not a blowhard college::

""Since our society is so dependent on fossil fuels,  it therefore is extremely important for us to know when these fuels will run out according to [4]:

Oil will end by 2052   – 30 years time

Gas  will end by 2060  – 40 years time

Coal will last till 2090 –   70 years time

However, according to BP [5], earth has 53 years of oil reserves left at current rate of consumption ."""

This is my mid engine, 495 fully naturally aspirated horse power, 194 MPH, zero to 60 MPH in 2.8 seconds RESPONSE to the end of fossil fuels. My wife is all about it, lol....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123844539124

Electric or turbo? Kiss my azzzz---pry it outta my cold dead hands first...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2020, 07:17:58 AM »
Acc to Stanford--not a blowhard college::

""Since our society is so dependent on fossil fuels,  it therefore is extremely important for us to know when these fuels will run out according to [4]:

Oil will end by 2052   – 30 years time

Gas  will end by 2060  – 40 years time

Coal will last till 2090 –   70 years time

However, according to BP [5], earth has 53 years of oil reserves left at current rate of consumption ."""

This is my mid engine, 495 fully naturally aspirated horse power, 194 MPH, zero to 60 MPH in 2.8 seconds RESPONSE to the end of fossil fuels. My wife is all about it, lol....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123844539124

Electric or turbo? Kiss my azzzz---pry it outta my cold dead hands first...

Down to $1.41 a gallon around here, $1.19 in S. Carolina, where fuel taxes are lower.

Using my Publix Grocery 20% off gas card, that makes it 95 cents a gallon in S.C.

And in today's international news, it indicates that oil prices are still crashing.

All dressed up and no place to go....

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2020, 04:28:15 PM »
What a difference a couple covid19 months makes...Looks like Colombia still has less than 500 corona dead, Brazil a big 11,000, but all of the Caribbean and Latin America still around 21,000 total, dead.

Meanwhile it's over 80,000 USA dead and all but certain to exceed 100,000 lives.

A lot more people moving around in the USA's 328 million population--right at half the combined 653 million population of  Central, South America, w/ the Caribbean--that is "Latin America" .

I didn't realize ya'll have twice as many people.

It sucks, but although I've trekked to the beach a couple times and walked around the lake, pic nicked in park once--all during quieter times of AM/PM, whether it's trying to find what we want from the store or trying to work around crowds, life's still very different in South Eastern USA, mid May 2020.

I'll stay low key and clean, as long as there's so many untested people and case numbers going up.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 04:53:37 PM by robert angel »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2020, 04:37:41 PM »
Down to $1.41 a gallon around here, $1.19 in S. Carolina, where fuel taxes are lower.

Using my Publix Grocery 20% off gas card, that makes it 95 cents a gallon in S.C.

And in today's international news, it indicates that oil prices are still crashing.

All dressed up and no place to go....
Cheapest gas in San Diego is around $2.69 a gallon...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2020, 04:55:15 PM »
Cheapest gas in San Diego is around $2.69 a gallon...

About a buck and a half here.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2020, 04:55:15 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2020, 05:59:27 PM »

About a buck and a half here.
Everything more expensive here. They'd charge for the air of they could....

Offline Calipro

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2020, 02:08:08 PM »
What a difference a couple covid19 months makes...Looks like Colombia still has less than 500 corona dead, Brazil a big 11,000, but all of the Caribbean and Latin America still around 21,000 total, dead.

Meanwhile it's over 80,000 USA dead and all but certain to exceed 100,000 lives.

A lot more people moving around in the USA's 328 million population--right at half the combined 653 million population of  Central, South America, w/ the Caribbean--that is "Latin America" .

I didn't realize ya'll have twice as many people.

It sucks, but although I've trekked to the beach a couple times and walked around the lake, pic nicked in park once--all during quieter times of AM/PM, whether it's trying to find what we want from the store or trying to work around crowds, life's still very different in South Eastern USA, mid May 2020.

I'll stay low key and clean, as long as there's so many untested people and case numbers going up.

Americans on average are older fatter and sicker than the average person in Latin America. So they will never have the death rate we have.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 299