It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Nine words commonly used by women in the USA, their 'real meaning'..  (Read 3634 times)

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
NINE WORDS WOMEN USE

(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome'. That will bring on a 'whatever').

(8) Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying F--- YOU!

(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.

Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline SkyNorth

• EL FUEGO
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Nine words commonly used by women in the USA, their 'real meaning'..
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 08:52:47 PM »
LOL...Are you admitting to be FULLY trained now?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 09:18:56 AM »
LOL...Are you admitting to be FULLY trained now?

Not even. I think I said it before, but sometimes I think our marriage works because maybe my wife thinks each week is "Be Kind to Animals Week" It was actually May 3 - 9 this year, but she's STILL being kind to me!

Of the above phrases, I think maybe the one we both use and at that, in a different way than do people in the USA is: 'What ever!" We don't use it a lot, but when we do, (and I think we picked it up when I explained it's was chosen in the UK and USA 2013 as the most annoying word of the year) and it's usually over something silly that we can't agree upon--again something not that common or major, we just say that, maybe w/ a little exasperation, deciding just to get over it and move on.

Something I get occasionally and it has pure Philippine roots is (and again, thankfully rarely) is what's maybe their own unique version of saying "nothing" when something is actually bugging, maybe even eating away at them.

But worse yet--they don't even say "nothing"--they don't say anything!! :o Sooo---you're left sort of in the cold, with a cold, silent wife or Filipina GF as it might be, trying to figure out "What the hell did I do wrong?"

It's called 'Tampo' and is sort of like passive aggression, but yet it isn't exactly that either. http://liveinthephilippines.com/content/tampo-oh-lord-not-again/

It's gotten better, but for quite a while if I let out a somewhat loud, breathy "sigh" she assumed something was wrong--that I was frustrated, tired or something. In reality, sometimes it's more like an occasional yawn reflex, but overseas, it's seen differently.

In trying to teach her the nuances of 'slang' and ' multiple meanings' in the USA, some phrases above, as well as others, such as the old now 'California --Valley Girl' type talk, were fun to go over, but she really is pretty straight forward in her speech, not peppering it with too much slang or other catchy phrases.

One thing that's cute (now anyway) is if I get heavy handed, really talking macho and say something like "You know I'm really going to have to give you a good spanking if you do that"--she'll reply, "Don't forget, I'm an American Beeeetch and I'll call my lawyer". Thank God it's all in good humor!

But as to those nine words and what often goes along with them when USA women say them, they aren't things I have to worry about fortunately. I think overall, guys who marry well raised and even temperament foreign women as a whole, don't get a lot of that BS either.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 09:18:56 AM »

Offline SkyNorth

• EL FUEGO
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 04:47:05 PM »
Hmmm...I see that pink shirt (not there is anything wrong with a pink shirt).  MAN, your just better off admitting it now!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 09:01:56 PM »
Hmmm...I see that pink shirt (not there is anything wrong with a pink shirt).  MAN, your just better off admitting it now!

Ha ha--You ought to try it! Too many comments on 'how good your clothes (or cologne) look/smell' aren't always a good sign, (overkill)  but women--especially younger, nice looking, heterosexual (I assume) secretaries, will tell me "Mmmm--I like that shirt--that color looks good".

A couple times they've said something along the lines of 'That looks good on you--you're obviously secure in your masculinity". Most importantly, my wife digs the look. As long as it's a pale pink--none of that Barbie Pink fruity stuff, it goes over well.

She scopes out what I wear pretty closely--even insists on ironing my T shirt if that's the only shirt I'm wearing that day and it's even if its just a little wrinkled. Same with jeans even (but no crease) Sometimes, If I just grab something quick and it all comes together looking really good, she'll giggle and wrinkle her nose a bit, saying --"Oh--you must have a secret GF out there , eh?"

It's especially effective on a fine 'pin point' cotton dress shirt under a sport jacket, no tie--with nicer blue jeans (not black), if you can wear them at work. A pair of nice slip on shoes (no socks) and I'm ready to roll! Lately, Onitsuka Tigers are looking good. http://www.zappos.com/onitsuka-tiger-by-asics-mexico-66-slip-on-white-tricolor

I've never had the pleasure of meeting him, but it sounds like Benjio's got a sense of style pretty refined--probably more than mine----I have met Whitey, seen him in casual wear and he's got it down too--sort of a mix of classy casual, with a bit of rock star thrown in--he can rock a pair of white, non athletic wear shoes--not too many guys can pull that off. His wife's very tasteful as well --sexy w/o being over the top and I bet they give each other feed back--it works--great looking couple for sure!

Offline SkyNorth

• EL FUEGO
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 02:34:00 PM »
RA...You have rendered me SPEECHLESS.   :P :o ;D :-X

Offline SkyNorth

• EL FUEGO
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 02:39:57 PM »
RA...BTW if I go to any UGA games this year - maybe I can buy you and yours a couple a dawgs at the Varsity.  I always take my Dad to a game or two but he is 76 now.

Offline InnocentVixen

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 09:38:27 PM »
As long as it's a pale pink--none of that Barbie Pink fruity stuff, it goes over well.

W looks pretty darn sexy in pink. When I met him he already owned one pale pink shirt with super thin light grey stripes that became my favorite as soon as I saw him wearing it.

The best photographers in my city use pink shirts to take official pictures that require white shirt, they move around the colors so it looks white but your skin still gets the benefit of it, apparently it reflects a healthy glow on your skin or something, best color to wear if you haven't slept much.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 338