It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: The "favour" word!  (Read 9163 times)

Offline buencamino

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: The "favour" word!
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 06:52:34 PM »
... and I don´t wanna discuss it further, Punto Cerrado.

Hmmm...gonna take your marbles and go home eh...

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 07:25:40 PM »
I like your plan Bob but if you're going to post on the Latina board you'll need to learn that it is "colombiana" with a small "c". Really, I think you've been on here long enough to know that.

Yea, Buencamino--thanks, but I'm rather dense at times and inattentive at that. Just be glad I'm not your tax preparer, as once you get into fractions and into decimals, I'm totally Math Specific learning Disability'--"SLD". They didn't have SLD or ADHD then, but I was and to an extent still am that too.

I remember in first grade them telling me "This is one and this is one"--and then them saying: "One and one is two"--I said: "Hah--you can't fool ME!--that's one and that other one is also one--you just said so--so don't lie and try change the story to two!" I was suspended before I finished 1st grade. I take things very, very literally. Somebody asks me "How you feeling today?" and I have to remember the context, or otherwise I'm likely to say "With my hands".

Until I got into college and paid off my friends in pizza and various 'consumables' to carry me through Algebra and Statistics (sadistics), my academic life was total HELL. For a number of reasons--most perfectly reasonable on their part, I was thrown out of every school I attended. The biggest irony is now some Universities ask me to teach night classes in non Math and non Science classes!

And on the spelling mistake I made--nothing--not even computer 'spell check' could help me. My older son is is too much like me--no brain for Math--SLD there, plus ADHD, but otherwise very bright--he was almost rejected from an academy because on one of his entrance essays, he wrote "I want to ENRAGE my instructors" Spell check didn't realize he meant to write 'ENGAGE".

But we don't let it beat us down. Some of the most successful and wealthy people in business, the Military and arts are ADHD, SLD etc. Ferdinand Piech who wasn't allowed to actively manage Porsche, instead turned around Volkswagen (They've had a rough week--VW stock's down about 30%)  but masterminded buying Audi, Bentley, Ducati,  Lamborgini (partial list) and still ended up getting Porsche back under his thumb too.

Piech, who made Steve Jobs look like Mr. Rogers,  increased the family value to 7 billion USD, burning through 4 wives and fathering 12 kids. he and the latest wife have his and hers Bugatti Veyrons valued at over two million apiece, amongst other 'toys'. George Patton was as SLD dyslexic as they came and graduated from West Point. Oh yea--almost forgot--he played a big part in winning WWII for us too...Hell,  Einstein couldn't tie his own shoelaces and he REALLY ended WWII for us....

A Little Poem Regarding Computer Spell Checkers...

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:32:04 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2015, 08:17:12 PM »
I have commented on this before and I agree it is an amazing phenomena. There is no question that there are men in the US who communicate with girls on the cupid or other sites and over time begin to see themselves as being in a "relationship" albeit virtual. They then have no compunction about sending money to them. And of course no intention of ever traveling to South America. It's a weird rationalization but evidently satisfies them. I suppose they're thinking "peor es nada". We had a poster here who passed away. I translated for him and his girl when he met her in Cali in 2000 or so. He saw her a couple more times then never returned. However he sent her money and presents for her kid on a regular basis for many, many years until he died. I don't think he ever even knew her in the biblical sense. I wouldn't do it and I don't think anyone present would do it but it must fill a need for some.

For some men perhaps that is the most they are capable of giving for one reason or another.  I've come around to the point that these ladies that interact with the men for presents/money do serve a purpose...apparently a  problem is that many western men are not able to rapidly discern what game they are accidentally becoming a part of....other men are aware of what is going on and perhaps feel it is better than nothing, like you said.   

The deceased poster, always seemed like a genuine nice guy, although maybe he didn't have it all together in his personal life?...I'm pretty sure I know who you are referring to....if 'Bread' or "strong" has anything to do with his username (s)..

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2015, 08:17:12 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 08:27:23 PM »
It may be that that is the only part of the encounter that he reports.
Or maybe not

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2015, 09:06:53 PM »
paisas will asks for a" favor"  and i have seen many stupid gringos send them $$$, only later to ask for more and  never to see it again.

my friend in med , out of the blue , asked me what was the best way to send money to medellin, so i asked her

" somebody sending you money?"    she replied, " no, is a friend of work, some man on internet site cupid is sending her money". so i asked, " is her boyfriend?"   she replied, " no, she has never met him before"  wow men are sooo stupid lol  :o

And yet you blame the enterprising paisas for milking these cows. These guys are giving papaya big time and so the poor little paisas have to take it.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2015, 09:13:01 PM »

And yet you blame the enterprising paisas for milking these cows. These guys are giving papaya big time and so the poor little paisas have to take it.
+1

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2015, 09:41:52 PM »

For some men perhaps that is the most they are capable of giving for one reason or another.  I've come around to the point that these ladies that interact with the men for presents/money do serve a purpose...apparently a  problem is that many western men are not able to rapidly discern what game they are accidentally becoming a part of....other men are aware of what is going on and perhaps feel it is better than nothing, like you said.   

Fathertime!

A lot of people are quite content in their fantasy worlds and would probably prefer not to shaken out of them. They flirt with the flame, but don't fly in. Others know what their fantasies are and somehow manage to create them, hopefully w/o getting burnt in the process.

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2015, 01:58:59 AM »

There's a probably a 'business enterprise opportunity' out there--and illegal at that, to get old widowers and such modern day 'pen pal chicas' together to brighten their days!

Yea there's a business enterprise alright, it's called colombiancupid or latinamericancupid and it's 100% legal.  Of course their business model is a "dating website".  But if some guys' idea of "dating" is corresponding with a beautiful girl in another country and sending her money then, oh well whatever makes those guys happy.

Another enterprise is the "webcam" sites.  There are men paying out the wazoo to log on and interact with these girls from all over the world.

Think about it, a pretty girl in a third world country just needs a computer and a high speed internet connection and she can reach out to desperate men all over the world.  A real hustler might have 5 or 6 "virtual boyfriends" sending her $100 a week.  That money can add up to a real nice income in Colombia.  Then if a guy decides to use his one or two weeks of vacation time to get on a plane she's going to make him compensate her accordingly.  I imagine for alot of guys this "virtual dating" is still cheaper than it would be to maintain a sugardaddy relationship with a woman in his own country.

Have you ever had a beautiful Colombiana with her sexy accent address you as "AmOOr".  They accentuate that second syllable and say it with a gorgeous smile.  It can be a very powerful thing.  Most gringos who aren't used to being treated so affectionately by a beautiful woman simply become putty in their hands from that point on.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2015, 06:49:40 AM »
Hmmm...gonna take your marbles and go home eh...

LOL..laughed at that one...I guess I set myself up for some abuse with my post, didnt I? Guess I should learn to take my lumps..

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2015, 07:18:21 AM »
Go back to your childish fighting with Ray, Robert. To be perfectly honest, I dont give a flying Foch whether you or anyone else believes me or not :) :D  , and I don´t wanna discuss it further, Punto Cerrado.

Sure you do and it's getting under your skin right now. Your in the position your in because of you and nobody else and I am not talking just about this thread but all the way back. You have patronized many guys here in the past and I believe once your little goodie two shoes rutine is over you will be back to it. So really it is a bit of sauce for the goose. Then again your retired life is so great as you imply why do you even bother to come here? Does not seem you are looking for a full time Latin woman in your life and you never post any trip reports except for I am here doing this and it is a pain with the currency and what ever else.

So the basic read is. You walk around paranoid thinking everyone is gonna get ya when you are in Colombia. No woman can be trusted and you should hire a PI to check her out and so on and so on. Actually it is a pretty pathetic way to look at life. Hence you are trying to over compansate here to pump up your morale or whatever. Anyway after looking back at all this I feel bad for you but I believe you are too far gone now for it to make any difference. 

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2015, 01:01:07 PM »

hmm.didnt read it all, but it appears you seem a little obsessed with me Steve...

have a great day ;D

Sure you do and it's getting under your skin right now. Your in the position your in because of you and nobody else and I am not talking just about this thread but all the way back. You have patronized many guys here in the past and I believe once your little goodie two shoes rutine is over you will be back to it. So really it is a bit of sauce for the goose. Then again your retired life is so great as you imply why do you even bother to come here? Does not seem you are looking for a full time Latin woman in your life and you never post any trip reports except for I am here doing this and it is a pain with the currency and what ever else.

So the basic read is. You walk around paranoid thinking everyone is gonna get ya when you are in Colombia. No woman can be trusted and you should hire a PI to check her out and so on and so on. Actually it is a pretty pathetic way to look at life. Hence you are trying to over compansate here to pump up your morale or whatever. Anyway after looking back at all this I feel bad for you but I believe you are too far gone now for it to make any difference.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2015, 05:35:41 PM »
hmm.didnt read it all, but it appears you seem a little obsessed with me Steve...

have a great day ;D

Maybe in your mind you see it that way--or want to 'feel' that way, but I guess you didn't notice that it's more like nine out of ten times at least, that he completely ignores you... ::)

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2015, 06:27:01 PM »
Good..lets keep it that way,,maybe try for 99 outta a hundred ..feeling is mutual :)

Maybe in your mind you see it that way--or want to 'feel' that way, but I guess you didn't notice that it's more like nine out of ten times at least, that he completely ignores you... ::)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2015, 06:27:01 PM »

Offline pontiac

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2015, 06:30:13 PM »
Buencamino - I knew the man you're talking about very well.  He was a good friend of mine so you might also know me.  I also knew the woman who had a son by a Colombiano.  After he died, she sent me an email (probably obtained it from him) and asked me to send her "mucho dinero del mi amor papi chulo". She also knew that his sister was his last will and testament representative and asked me to contact her regarding the money!  BTW, this man was a DJ and Jimmy Kimmel worked for him for 4 years!  No B.S.!

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2015, 07:12:32 PM »
LOL too funny  :D
Hmmm..sounds like shes One of the gals Ol Gatos been chatin with lately..

Buencamino - I knew the man you're talking about very well.  He was a good friend of mine so you might also know me.  I also knew the woman who had a son by a Colombiano.  After he died, she sent me an email (probably obtained it from him) and asked me to send her "mucho dinero del mi amor papi chulo". She also knew that his sister was his last will and testament representative and asked me to contact her regarding the money!  BTW, this man was a DJ and Jimmy Kimmel worked for him for 4 years!  No B.S.!

Offline stevekoozer

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2015, 08:58:21 PM »

have a great day ;D

Now that's funny me obsessed with you. I would not P!ss in your face if your head was on fire and that is said as someone who is a thousand percent more mellow than I was 10 years ago. How about you add some substance to the Latin forums! Could really care less about money exchange issues in Arg or a loud mouth gringo at an airport Yada Yada Yada. Well at least you can give us all expert advise on money exchange for sexual favours.

So no I am not obsessed with you and really really  hope you take up rock climbing again perhaps you can post some pictures,oh that's right you do not know how. Add something here or P!ss off pretty simple eh!

Offline Awesome

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2015, 05:56:55 PM »
How about you add some substance to the Latin forums! Could really care less about money exchange issues in Arg

I actually found that info very useful since I'm very interested in visiting Argentina.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2015, 07:43:34 PM »
Another girl with "favour" words

I simply told her that I am only looking for an healthy girl  ;D   

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2015, 08:08:00 PM »
Yeah..and healthy or dead grandmothers too..

Another girl with "favour" words

I simply told her that I am only looking for an healthy girl  ;D   

Offline Awesome

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2015, 03:02:30 AM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2015, 07:31:02 AM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2015, 09:17:21 AM »
hhmm.. I am getting a bit tired of the "Favor" word too..

So much so,  was walking down Calle 10 near lleras in Medellin late last night, and some vago in the street tried to approach me and said "Disculpa caballero, puedas dar me un favor?"

and I yelled at him at the top of my lungs..

"YO ODIO ESTA PALABRA "FAVOR". TOMA ESTA PALABRA "FAVOR " Y METE LO EN TU CULU !"

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2015, 01:37:21 PM »
That was amusing. I love the word "vago".

A few years ago I went to the dentist in Nuevo Progreso, Mexico and while we were waiting there were a bunch of guys hanging around a farmacia next door. They were making me nervous and I mentioned this to my wife. She  said, don't worry about those guys, they are just a bunch of vagos. Vagos, I asked? So she tells me there are always guys who hang around her family's businesses hoping to get the odd job or errand to do or just because they simply have nothing better to do.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2015, 01:37:21 PM »

Offline Awesome

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2015, 11:31:54 PM »
hhmm.. I am getting a bit tired of the "Favor" word too..

So much so,  was walking down Calle 10 near lleras in Medellin late last night, and some vago in the street tried to approach me and said "Disculpa caballero, puedas dar me un favor?"

and I yelled at him at the top of my lungs..

"YO ODIO ESTA PALABRA "FAVOR". TOMA ESTA PALABRA "FAVOR " Y METE LO EN TU CULU !"

I've only had a couple of times where beggars are overly persistent with me and I tell them "No soy tu papa!". 

Try this Expat, for a little fun...  The next time a "vago" won't leave you alone tell him you'll pay him 10k pesos to go one good round of street boxing, win or lose.  I did that once when I was so agitated by a bum and the street food vendor who saw the whole thing almost died laughing.  But I was seriously ready to give this bum 10k if he was dedicated enough to box it out with me.  Good times, jajaja!!!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345