It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: The Meeting Point  (Read 12578 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: The Meeting Point
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2015, 06:44:37 PM »
  Fathertime, at my age I wouldn't even find an ugly and obese young woman, not in the States nor in Northern Europe where I'm from originally. And should I get lucky and do find a woman, she would be in her late sixties, early seventies and is convinced she is God’s gift to men. Believe me, I ain't never going back.

My Spanish, I can make myself understood which isn't all that easy on the coast as you well know. I used to be able to hold a halfway decent conversation after I downed a few beers, but I gave up drinking a few years back and now I don't say much anymore unless I have to. My writing in Spanish is not half bad though, more time to think of a word I forgot or even look it up. Actually it was much easier to converse with the ex-caleña because her Spanish was excellent and easy to understand. The same goes for cachacos I occasionally run into, no problem conversing with them.
I have a cyber friend in Medellín though and gave up talking to her on the phone,                                         I couldn't understand half of what she said. We just write now.

About the female body, it’s one of my vices I have to admit.
I'm a horse person, I take a look at a woman and check her conformation, everything has to be in accepted proportions, in its right places and in height to weight ratio.
I never seize to be amazed about the bodies of some of these colombianas: C or D size natural breasts, a tiny waist, not to broad in the shoulders or hips, slender arms, cute butts, long legs and a great gait.

What is even more amazing, you’ll sometimes find all these features in women that had two or three kids or are in their fifties. You'd have to look far and wide to find them in any other country. Truly phenomenal.
But they also come with a price, they are not always warm and loving, may send you to the poorhouse and are definitely not to be taken to a first world country unless you're young and well off.
Just my humble opinion.

Hehe, I hear what you are saying.  Lots of great 'horses' in the coastal zones! I agree, there is hardly a man around in his 70's that is going to score a decent looking lady, unless you are Michael Douglass or something.      Since you are living in Colombia, how do you spend your days typically?  Do you have a routine of sorts?  Do you feel you have enough money to do what you want to?

Thanks,
Fathertime!   
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Chris F

• Spouse's Country: Peru
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2015, 09:12:25 PM »

Oh please honey dont go, let's go the chipichape and I'll buy you a new cell phone. Besitos!
That was funny.

Offline vikingo

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2015, 05:05:15 AM »
 Fathertime, I live in a city right now, boring as hell with not much to do outdoors after living on a ranch most of my life. But she wants to be close to her mom who has had some health problems and I am scheduled for a complicated eye operation toward the end of the year which requires endless drawn-out tests. So we are going to be stuck here for a while longer.

What do I do for fun? Taking her to a shopping centre every Sunday, having supper, she usually has her mind set on something new to wear like most colombianas, a pair of shorts, a new blouse, a bikini, a pair of sandals. No heavy clothing or boots needed here in the tropics and it’s no big expense. Sometimes we invite her 18 year old niece along or one of her girlfriends, taking pictures. She also has a 5 year old niece we are taking to the zoo.

I spend a lot of time on the internet, reading stuff that interests me, reading European news papers, commenting on articles in my native language about politics and the massive invasion of fugitives in Europe, some times I fix computers for family and friends, edit their photos with Photoshop.

Going to the beach in Santa Marta or further down the coast toward or in Cartagena. I am walking the six blocks to the gym every other day and to the grocery store to keep slim and trim. She is learning how to drive but I’m hesitating to let her drive my car, she is too impatient like most people here. She needs more lessons in this lawless traffic.
As to money, the recent exchange rate from USD to COP is a tremendous help and I hope it stays that way forever, lol. I feel bad for the Canadian pensioners though.
We lead a frugal lifestyle, don’t drink or smoke or frequent expensive restaurants and are very careful with money or purchases, but it took some doing as you can imagine. Most of these girls are totally lost when it comes to managing money.

I travel to the United States every so often to see my kids and my two year old granddaughter. She hasn’t been able to get a visa so far to come along but we should try again, maybe with the help of a facilitator.

Sounds like you’re planning to retire in Barranquilla, not much going on here as you know, traffic has increased tremendously though and we’ve had a long very hot summer this year and so far not much rain. It’s just now starting to cool down to 86ºF at daytime.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:09:42 AM by vikingo »
Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2015, 05:05:15 AM »

Offline buencamino

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2015, 07:34:33 AM »
Vikingo having lived on a ranch most of your life have you looked at any rural properties on the outskirts of Barranquilla? I wonder if there are any within a reasonable driving range i.e. not all the way to Santa Marta.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2015, 09:34:37 AM »
Fathertime, I live in a city right now, boring as hell with not much to do outdoors after living on a ranch most of my life. But she wants to be close to her mom who has had some health problems and I am scheduled for a complicated eye operation toward the end of the year which requires endless drawn-out tests. So we are going to be stuck here for a while longer.

What do I do for fun? Taking her to a shopping centre every Sunday, having supper, she usually has her mind set on something new to wear like most colombianas, a pair of shorts, a new blouse, a bikini, a pair of sandals. No heavy clothing or boots needed here in the tropics and it’s no big expense. Sometimes we invite her 18 year old niece along or one of her girlfriends, taking pictures. She also has a 5 year old niece we are taking to the zoo.

I spend a lot of time on the internet, reading stuff that interests me, reading European news papers, commenting on articles in my native language about politics and the massive invasion of fugitives in Europe, some times I fix computers for family and friends, edit their photos with Photoshop.

Going to the beach in Santa Marta or further down the coast toward or in Cartagena. I am walking the six blocks to the gym every other day and to the grocery store to keep slim and trim. She is learning how to drive but I’m hesitating to let her drive my car, she is too impatient like most people here. She needs more lessons in this lawless traffic.
As to money, the recent exchange rate from USD to COP is a tremendous help and I hope it stays that way forever, lol. I feel bad for the Canadian pensioners though.
We lead a frugal lifestyle, don’t drink or smoke or frequent expensive restaurants and are very careful with money or purchases, but it took some doing as you can imagine. Most of these girls are totally lost when it comes to managing money.

I travel to the United States every so often to see my kids and my two year old granddaughter. She hasn’t been able to get a visa so far to come along but we should try again, maybe with the help of a facilitator.

Sounds like you’re planning to retire in Barranquilla, not much going on here as you know, traffic has increased tremendously though and we’ve had a long very hot summer this year and so far not much rain. It’s just now starting to cool down to 86ºF at daytime.
Well Viking, it sounds like you had a great life in Europe prior to your stay in Barranquilla.  Where did you have your ranch?    Having the currencies so high vs the Peso has been nice, lots of extra garments for the lady. 

Yeah, I'm keeping my options open in the years ahead.  That is why I like to hear how people like yourself are choosing to live.  Sometimes it sparks an idea I might be able to use. 

I've always had good eyesight but that can change overnight. Surgeries in the eye region scare the hell out of me. I imagine having them done in Colombia would add another layer of fear (for me).  I hope the outcome turns out well for you. 

Thanks for sharing,
Fathertime!   
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline vikingo

« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2015, 10:34:37 AM »
   buencamino, it gets unbearably hot in any area inland from the sea, the reason the estratos are getting lower going south in the city and are highest in the North, with the suburb of Soledad being the poorest and therefore I would say also totally crime ridden.  Further South again is the small village of Baranoa with some walled in fincas which look nice and green during the rainy season but none of us would want to live there during the summer when all the vegetation burnt by the sun turns brown except for trees.
 Going East toward Santa Marta, again lots of Heat and poverty. West toward Cartagena are beach resorts which don't get too hot but acreage is very expensive. I've been looking in that area hoping to catch a bargain some day. There is a new marina now at Puerto Velero, very nice and clean with houses including a mooring starting at 400M pesos.
 There is also the resort of Playa Mendoza, built entirely by drug lords where they lived in huge mansions with their families, an armed  guard controlled entrance, a drugstore, grocery stores and a kindergarten.
 They are all in jail or dead by now and the State sold their properties. Lots of beautiful landscaping, very clean beaches and water because it's away from the big cities and get this; a police station right next to the entrance to protect the drug lords and their families. Some of those huge houses never got finished and look like eerie ruins now decades later because the owners got caught. Property prices have gone up quite a bit and most start at 800M pesos.
 The coastal area in general is not very attractive during the dry season and the villages and inhabitants really look third world out here.

Offline vikingo

« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2015, 11:12:33 AM »
Actually, we're stealing Gato's thread, fathertime.
But anyway, I was in my early twenties when I left for the New World, since then I lived in Canada and Southern California where I had acreage and horses and also in Panama where I bred cattle and got to work them.
After a while I started feeling sorry taking the animals I raised and got attached to to the auction to be slaughtered and I sold the entire operation including my favorite horse and moved to Colombia.

About the eye, I have a damaged cornea and the surgeon has to order a special lens from the States for which I have to pay for because it's not covered by insurance.

Offline V_Man

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2015, 07:55:43 PM »

I think when you tell what you want, your chances of getting it increase significantly. ;)

+1,000,000,000.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2015, 08:08:37 PM »

+1,000,000,000.

I asked the same question to many women (not from forums).  Most of them have answered the same.  They say that if a woman really likes me, she would've gone to the airport, and made effort to make it happen.

Offline Chris F

« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2015, 08:20:15 PM »

I asked the same question to many women (not from forums).  Most of them have answered the same.  They say that if a woman really likes me, she would've gone to the airport, and made effort to make it happen.

So if this woman is not going to meet you at the airport, are you canceling your trip to see her?

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2015, 08:24:34 PM »

So if this woman is not going to meet you at the airport, are you canceling your trip to see her?

Got problem with it?

Offline V_Man

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2015, 09:28:13 PM »
Gato, you are all over the place and I don't mean physically. That obviously gets picked up by the women before you meet them.

I wont be surprised to find that this woman has a child or some other major red flag which you have ignored or accepted while you fret over her saying that she will meet you where you want to meet.

I imagine that you have told her, that you have been to Colombia several times and so her reaction has to be read in that context. If you are not communicating your desires and expectations clearly then she has reasons to offer to do whatever you want.
In general, I think you have more communication issues than being deaf.

Also you keep repeating the same behaviour over and over for years and expect different results.

I don't necessarily think that you have to get laid as others have said. That was uncharitable. However I think you do need a mental shift. 

Offline Chris F

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2015, 09:49:03 PM »

Got problem with it?

Why would I have a problem with it?  :o  I am simply asking a question.

I guess your trip is canceled...as predicted. 8)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 09:50:39 PM by Chris F »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2015, 09:49:03 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2015, 09:59:26 PM »

I think when you tell what you want, your chances of getting it increase significantly. ;)

In most cases this is not only true, but most efficient as well. But unfortunately, all too often in international dating on-line---especially early in the process between two people, when you tell someone what you want, they'll often tell you exactly what they know ---after all, you've already told them exactly what you want to hear. Better to slowly get a feel for the person---their true wants, feelings and motivations.

Even if just to keep you 'on the hook' until a bigger, better fish comes along, you made it all too clear by laying out the bait lure. It's amazing how when some real 'catch' tells someone that their dream is something like a stay at home spouse, two kids, a puppy, a pink house with a white picket fence---the other person responds along the lines of: "OMG!---I can't believe it---that's EXACTLY what I always wanted too!!----You must have read MY mind!!" Chances are too high that you've just been 'played'.

Be careful about telling people exactly what you want, especially in the early stages. It encourages 'Yes men/women' mentality, deceit and can hinder true creativity and expansiveness. For that matter, in some situations where others ask me if they should dare ask questions or proceed on their own, I ask them: "You're given authority--the question really is 'do you have a reasonably safe, effective, plausible way to proceed without asking'---or is there otherwise a good chance they'll give you an answer you'll be unhappy with, slowing everything down?"

The line between being a sheep versus the wolf, the dinner or the diner, isn't as clear and narrow as it sometimes seems.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:03:15 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Ray

« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2015, 10:32:55 PM »

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."

Offline MrGentlemanBlk

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2015, 05:19:50 AM »

I am a WOVO man, and not planning to go there just to bang uncountable women

I know this thread is old and quite late replying but wouldn't say anything like that if I was you. Keep your private life to yourself.

Offline vikingo

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2015, 07:22:33 AM »
Gato, don't put all your eggs in one basket. The women you meet on the net tell you what you want to hear because many of them are desperate for economic assistance and more than a few aren't always truthful. Talk to three or four women in different cities and meet one after an other in person, then write a couple of them for a while and make up your mind which one would be suited best for you. You need a plan B and  a plan C or most of these women will take you for a ride. You are no match for them, believe me, they know what they're doing, besides many of them have been laid already by gringos from Los Angeles to new York.

Or come over here, the best way I think; get yourself situated in a Hotel and call or write Jamie that you want to pay him per date or work with any of the other facilitators mentioned on  here in different cities.
Do not call a fascilitator until you are living in a hotel over here or they run up a huge bill for you, setting you up in one of their very expensive accommodations.
But they can weed out the women which aren't suitable for you, they have the experience.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2015, 08:28:06 AM »
Gato, don't put all your eggs in one basket. The women you meet on the net tell you what you want to hear because many of them are desperate for economic assistance and more than a few aren't always truthful. Talk to three or four women in different cities and meet one after an other in person, then write a couple of them for a while and make up your mind which one would be suited best for you. You need a plan B and  a plan C or most of these women will take you for a ride. You are no match for them, believe me, they know what they're doing, besides many of them have been laid already by gringos from Los Angeles to new York.

Or come over here, the best way I think; get yourself situated in a Hotel and call or write Jamie that you want to pay him per date or work with any of the other facilitators mentioned on  here in different cities.
Do not call a fascilitator until you are living in a hotel over here or they run up a huge bill for you, setting you up in one of their very expensive accommodations.
But they can weed out the women which aren't suitable for you, they have the experience.
Many have tried to reason with him; all have failed...

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2015, 07:34:02 PM »
Gato,

I'm interested in how you communicate with these girls in Colombia when you meet.  Do you use an iPad and type and translate?   How do things go for you when you're down there?  I don't remember reading much about your experiences down there.  How do the girls receive you[size=78%] being deaf?[/size]

Communication challenges with language, culture, and adding in you being deaf has to make things pretty interesting.....

Have you been to the Philippines?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2015, 07:52:50 PM »
Yea, he's been there. Didn't find the Holy Grail either.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline JWR

• Divorced after a 10 year marriage to a Colombiana
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2015, 07:58:22 PM »
I've found the holy grail twice in the Philippines......ha ha but she was the cousin of my gf once and the sister of the other on my second trip..talk about a quagmire.

I might just go over again this dec. and totally wing it.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 103