It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Please use this area for Trip Reports only!  (Read 6254 times)

Offline Patrick

Please use this area for Trip Reports only!
« on: December 17, 2006, 01:27:44 PM »
Please post only stories of your trips to Latin America here.  If you're posting here for advice, or giving advice, etc. please do so in the Latin General Discussion area.  This particular section is intended for actual trip reports (i.e. stories of your travel to somewhere in Latin America).

Thanks,  Patrick

Offline Adventurer

• Probie
Trip to Bogata
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 09:39:37 AM »
I just returned from a 5 day trip to Bogota. I'll discuss three issues, the Agency(Latin Life Mates), the Hole"The Bogota Hotel/Balcones del Miranda)" and the staff.

AGENCY . The agency is Latin Life Mates, this truly is agency that believes in customer service. I arrived Wednesday night late and there was someone at the airport to meet me, they were friendly and took me right to the hotel.The staff was expecting me and the room was ready, which was well appreciated after a long trip.

They set up a number of meetings with women, all of whom were beautiful, well qualified, professional( in terms of education) and from what I could tell had exceptionally good family values. One factor I found interesting  was the continuous followup from the agency staff and a high interest in making the trip a success. The people from the agency also made recommendations on where to go and how to get there. At no time did I feel that I was out at my own and the agency staff certainly made me feel it was really interested. I would highly reccomend this agency, if you are sincere about looking for a good partner to help you find a woman, both in terms of the agency and the women with the agency. For the recrod, the women were beautiful, besides being very well educated, which for me is a important factor.

Hotel

The hotel is a good hotel. It is centrally located, easy to get to and close to a shopping mall, a good workout facility(Body Tech) and also close to "Usaquane" and not that far from Park 93. The spellings on the  names may not be accurate, but neither is my Spanish..........smiles. If you want a real surprise , ask to have your laundry done. It was done and returned in record time, neatly folded and on my bed.

They have facilities for eating and there are two decent restaurants right next door. The hotel is not a four star hotel, but it is more than made up for by having the agency inside of it and the service level of the hotel staff. This saved much time and also gave you somewhere to go in between meetings. I would gladly stay there  again, the hotel staff speak exceptional English and will more than make you comfortable. The prices on the mini bar are very cheap by American standards. The room cost on $55.00 per night which is a good rate for Bogota.

Staff

I addressed the issue of the staff to some extent in the report on the agency. I just can't say enough good things about them. The owner Jim H. is an exceptionally good individual, who ensures his agency delivers the best service possible  and the his partner Jim S. goes so far out of his way to make sure everything goes well, the followup and followthrough ... could be used as role models for people in the various service industries. There are a number of people in the agency I'll just mention several, there first names Margo and Johanna, who went out of their way and worked hard every day setting up meetings.

I also have to post quick bit of information to emphasize the level of service. I had to return a day earlier than expected. I was told by my travel agent of three years and the airline that it wasn't possible and couldn't be done. The staff at the agency spent well over an hour on the phone and were finally able to get me on the flight.

The only thing I would  have changed about the trip ,is that I should have had a much better grip on speaking Spanish before I went. I'll get busy on that shortly and plan on returning as  soon as possible.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345