It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: One year marriage anniversary today with Bogota girl.  (Read 2604 times)

Offline Landover

One year marriage anniversary today with Bogota girl.
« on: February 19, 2017, 03:05:54 PM »
First year anniversary today after bringing a Bogota girl back to Atlanta after meeting her at Nelson Grisales Latinintro thanksgiving party.  She is teaching 4 yr olds at a Spanish oriented daycare school, is taking English class on Saturdays, and will be taking driving lessons soon.  Life is good I recommend taking the risk if they come from an educated family.  She needs friends though does anyone remember the name or location of that list of latin wives in the U.S. is a source of possible friends. 

Offline Awesome

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: One year marriage anniversary today with Bogota girl.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 07:32:05 PM »
First year anniversary today after bringing a Bogota girl back to Atlanta after meeting her at Nelson Grisales Latinintro thanksgiving party.  She is teaching 4 yr olds at a Spanish oriented daycare school, is taking English class on Saturdays, and will be taking driving lessons soon.  Life is good I recommend taking the risk if they come from an educated family.  She needs friends though does anyone remember the name or location of that list of latin wives in the U.S. is a source of possible friends.

Sounds good. 

There are facebook groups for Colombians living in the US.  Another source of friends for your wife could be your local Catholic church.  Attend the Spanish language mass and there will be plenty of Spanish speaking women for her to socialize with.

Offline katik

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 06:53:51 PM »
I will be happy to be her friend from Ohio!  ;)
Catalina

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 06:53:51 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 07:52:50 PM »
My wife'd be glad to chat with her.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 08:19:07 AM »
I'd advise being cautious about making connections. When we've met in person with members from here, including of course their wives from several nations including Latin America as well as from different  Asian nations, it's always been great---met some really fine character ladies.

But odd as it may sound, I think if you just take it for granted that if you meet a woman at a Spanish Mass (or any language mass, church sermon) and they become even just chat mates,  that she won't meet a bad influence, is hasty judgement.

I think, and it's from a lot of personal experience, that meeting via other person recommendations, whether it be for a guy and a gal for romance, or just for two people of the same sex to strike up a friendship really typically has better outcomes.

It's a lot easier and a whole lot less expensive, now with online and other methods to call, cam, face chat back home and to get cable TV packages that cover shows from her country. Used to be that once the honeymoon was done and the guy went back to work, it was a tougher adjustment time.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline MariaJBueno

• Colombia´s #1 Matchmaker
    • Exclusive Colombian Matchmaker
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 06:38:52 AM »

Kudos on your first year of marriage!!  :)

You two just got married..so before trying to find new people to bring into her life,  I would suggest you should become each other's best friends and never neglect that friendship. Have date nights or sunday activities that become unbreakable.

Now, in my opinion, making friends should be a natural process. Friends are people you simply click with.

Of course you can explore your options but friends should not be imposed.

With that being said, people are more into their little worlds nowadays, and will not gravitate towards people who have nothing to contribute to their lives,  so it is really up to her to make the effort.

Maybe she could find a hobby or an activity or start getting more involved in something she is passionate about.

She can pick up journaling, outdoor photography, cooking, baking.   That way she would make friends with people that share her same passion.

She could also volunteer or participate in outside of hours daycare activities, get involved with other teachers, make colombian food or desserts and offer them around and maybe host a quick class on how to prepare them.. idk (just an idea)

Also, nothing stops her from reconnecting with her colombian friends online, vía skype once or twice a week.

I know it sounds like a hard work but sadly it is what it is.... This is why social media is so successful it keeps people engaged and it contributes to people's needs. Hardly anybody turns to a friend for advice without googling first. This has created loners that have no clue how to connect with people in real life, the effort on her part has to be there.

Hope this helps.

Chao!
Let me personally help you find your Colombian queen today, and save you a lot of time, money, and heartache from dating the wrong women: 
www.ExclusiveColombianMatchmaker.com
----------------
Let's Talk!
http://bit.ly/2NRwsHG
Follow Me:
IG: @colombianmatchmaker
CH: @matchmakercol

Offline Thebatman

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 07:17:46 AM »
A win for LAI, good job all.

Offline Rschnb67

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 10:14:44 AM »
So nice to see you had a great first year. I've been married since February my wife has been here since December.   And we've also known each other for a year so far things are going pretty well I'm running into the same problem with finding friends for her she did meet a few people at church and school she takes English lessons. But it's just like here just because someone is from the same country doesn't mean they're going to click so I think it's right that it should be a natural process anyway things with us are great I couldn't be happier. 

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345