It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Dangerous places? Colombia really that bad?  (Read 11158 times)

Offline Calipro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Dangerous places? Colombia really that bad?
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2018, 07:54:31 PM »

Yeah....I'll never understand that. Damn shame.

I wouldn't fret about it too much.

It's one of the main reasons guys are still on top in Colombia. They absolutely refuse to pay for another guys mistakes. And the government doesn't step in to take the missing father's place either.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2018, 08:34:07 PM »

The relationship was doomed from the start.

Why would a gringoo ever marry a young chick and not want to have kids?
Why would a young chick marry a gringo and not want to have kids?

Yes, it was doomed from the start. The guy was older and already had grown children so he wasn't interested in more kids. He should have seen it coming from a mile away.

The guy seemed naive or he just didn't care....he knew he wasn't getting squat in the USA and figured he'd get it anyway he can get it. At least, that was my perspective on it.

He told me he's still on good terms with her relatives (parents, sisters, etc.) in Colombia. To them he is their "hero"....I guess since he was a one-way ticket to the USA for a family member.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 10:10:56 PM »
Yes, it was doomed from the start. The guy was older and already had grown children so he wasn't interested in more kids. He should have seen it coming from a mile away.

The guy seemed naive or he just didn't care....he knew he wasn't getting squat in the USA and figured he'd get it anyway he can get it. At least, that was my perspective on it.

He told me he's still on good terms with her relatives (parents, sisters, etc.) in Colombia. To them he is their "hero"....I guess since he was a one-way ticket to the USA for a family member.

Sounds like in the end they both got what they wanted. Do you know how long they were together.

A couple of years with a trophy wife isn't bad if it doesn't cost too much in the end.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 10:10:56 PM »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2018, 01:06:19 AM »

Sounds like in the end they both got what they wanted. Do you know how long they were together.

A couple of years with a trophy wife isn't bad if it doesn't cost too much in the end.

I don't recall exactly but I think it was in the ballpark of 3 years....

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2018, 05:37:14 PM »

One thing I like about Medellin over Cali is that the women do stay slimmer as they age. The only bummer is that Paisa men like thinner women than Calenos. There is a lot more competition for the flaquitas en Medellin than in Cali.

This statement caught my eye.

I prefer petite/thin with some curves and darker skin (than a typical paisa).  Here is an example of the body type and skin tone I like:

Would you say Cali or Medellin is more fertile ground for what I am looking for?

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2018, 06:28:20 PM »
Yep
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2018, 02:50:04 PM »

It's really off the charts, and If they even kept accurate records, it'd look worse. They claim the murder rate is down last couple,of years, but seeing how many victims are never found and most crimes aren't reported--yet the rate is still the highest in the area, I don't see how they can claim improvement.

The police are part of the problem, rather than the solution.

Yea our country has issues, but as with my life in general, I'm more glad for things I don't have to worry about every day than I am about conditions and possessions. I think we're too obsessed about 'things',  including more things that we want, and not cognizant, never mind grateful, for what we do have.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/men-women-honduras-inside-dangerous-places-earth-woman/story?id=47135328

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2017/country-chapters/honduras

I was in SPS back in 2003.

Dangerous then. Way worse  nowadays.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2018, 03:52:13 PM »

Just another story to illustrate how desperate American guys are.

In Colombia if your wife has a couple of your kids you are pretty safe from having some guy better looking or with more money trying to steal your wife and live with your kids. LOL!

Good looking Colombianos with cash have a hell of a lot better things to do.... than your wife with child.

Only in the U.S. are guys so desperate that they will take your ex-wife.... kids and all and think they really got it going on. jajaja

I don't know why the gringo would have to support her...unless he lives in a state that has alimony and that ends after a couple of years....God forbid if he adopted her children. Then he might as well commit suicide. Because that goes on until the kids are 18.

It is a lot easier on the guys that stay in Colombia. I'm 55 and my girlfriend is 29 and she knows I could go out and find a chick just as hot as her in no time. And way easier than she could find a guy willing to support her and my kid even if the guy was uglier than me. LOL

No doubt about it....the guys in Colombia are on top of the situation and the guys in the U.S. are on the bottom.

When Colombians and other Latinos go to the US,
They become desperate just like gringos. Get thier US citezenship.and they virtually become gringos.

And the Comombianas turn into gringas...kinda

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2018, 03:58:44 PM »

The relationship was doomed from the start.

Why would a gringoo ever marry a young chick and not want to have kids?
Why would a young chick marry a gringo and not want to have kids?

If a chick doesn't want your baby and she is willing to marry you....then she wants something else...like money or a green card on nice life style. Some gringos know this.

If a gringo wants to marry a hot chick and not have children....he wants to live and have sex with her while he lives in the U.S. All colombianas know this.

Funny
I know of a few Colombianas that have a kid with a gringo specifically for money ,economIcs, property or a green card.

In fact, dont really see getting away from.that....

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2018, 04:38:05 PM »
Immigrants coming to the USA from impoverished countries and as the oft used term becoming: "More American than the Americans", still is applicable, and in too many instances, in common with negative conotations more than the 'hard work and sweat' ethic and "patriotic" mindset. They're ALL about brand cachet.

They grasp the 'me' and 'more for me' mentality. Whereas back home, humility, thinking about family, religion, the 'team', the company and not so much about 'self', once in the USA, the almighty dollar and what it can get 'me' becomes more important.

Morally, young impressionable women who 'back home' might be frightened by social pressures from having extra marital affairs, from thinking about, never mind seeking, a divorce, or who back home were once tolerant of their boyfriends and husbands back home having affairs and mistresses on the side, change their mindsets after a whIle in the USA.

Between the media, overall USA cultural assimilation and friends from back home who've already grasped and shared the USA available game set--the rules and laws that can give them the upper hand---they often change. Their sense of loyalty is diluted.

Even material tastes change in odd ways. We like to go into Asian dominated areas of Atlanta and hit the great restaurants, bakeries and the shops that are really  a 'fusion' of mostly Asian influences, but have a lot of non Asian brand visibility as well. It's really interesting to watch what the people wear and drive. It's a bit like NYC's 7th avenue, with a bit more of high end Euro flair than NYC and even some California twists--whatever's hot and trending, all thrown together.

It always cracks me up to see that almost all the successful Asians in Atlanta don't drive Lexus or Infinity sports and luxury cars. They almost always prefer Mercedes, BMW, Porsche and Italian exotics.

But be they South, Central American, Asian or European women immigrants to the USA, unless kept shut in and away from the media, TV, internet, they're going to pick up on their new 'rights' eventually.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2018, 10:30:12 PM »
Funny
I know of a few Colombianas that have a kid with a gringo specifically for money ,economIcs, property or a green card.

In fact, dont really see getting away from.that....

Any thing is possible I guess.

But I don't know any nor have a heard of any hot Colombian chicks that would have a child with a guy that they don't like on the hopes that that guy would set them up.

Now a semi attractive or older colombian that already has a child or two and anything is possible...because that really is a a desperate situation. Man ....just contemplating this kind of desperate scenario where a chick would have a child and have to care for it for 18 years just to get ahead makes me wonder who the hell you are hanging out with in Colombia anyway..jajaja

But the fact remains that any guy can walk away from any chick in Colombia and there is very little she can do about it.

Don't buy anything of real value in Colombia and you have nothing to lose. Cut her off any time you like. That is why so many chicks are scared to death to have a kid.

I have a friend that got nailed in a the U.S. by a chick he met on plenty of fish. LOL!

She was living on welfare and child support from the two kids she already had and he believed her when she said she was on the pill. jajaja

I can't believe he couldn't see this coming but now she has his kid and he is going to be paying her child support for the next 18 years whether he likes it or not. She messes with him all the time about when he can see his kid.

Low class women in the U.S. have kids all the time for child support and welfare. Colombianas have to beg borrow and steal to take care of their kids a lot of times.

I'm in the process of buying a another house right now and I'll be putting it an irrevocable trust after my daughter is born and making her the sole beneficiary. Not having anything in your name gives you an incredible amount of freedom. jajaja
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:07:45 PM by Calipro »

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2018, 09:12:49 AM »
When Colombians and other Latinos go to the US,
They become desperate just like gringos. Get thier US citezenship.and they virtually become gringos.

And the Comombianas turn into gringas...kinda

Clearly you've never met my wife. After 14 years in the US, she is as Colombian as the day I met her. Which has its good and bad points.

Offline Calipro

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2018, 10:17:16 AM »

Clearly you've never met my wife. After 14 years in the US, she is as Colombian as the day I met her. Which has its good and bad points.

Both of the colombian women I married and brought to the States went back to Colombia after we divorced.

Apparently the lifestyle of young hot Colombiana in Colombia beats that of working a low wage job in the U.S. jajaja

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2018, 10:17:16 AM »

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2018, 12:38:44 PM »

Both of the colombian women I married and brought to the States went back to Colombia after we divorced.

Apparently the lifestyle of young hot Colombiana in Colombia beats that of working a low wage job in the U.S. jajaja

Depends on strata and adaptability..what I meant is they become a lot more uppity when there are more options available..

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2018, 02:44:09 PM »
Sounds like you guys are each fishing very different waters. Even the babes I traveled to see and didn't go for were class acts. Heads screwed on pretty good, well educated and beautiful. Can't say if they'd have turned out half as well as my wife after a dozen years living and being successfully employed in the USA, but I sure as hell wasn't 'bottom fishing' when I set my nets out looking for women from the start.

You take trash in, you're gonna take trash out...

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2018, 11:29:26 AM »
Take it from me honduras is as bad as it sounds. I was in bogota a few weeks ago... at least that city has no business on the list. Obviously we can tell that list is flat out wrong. Sadly tourist parts of MX have taken a turn for the worse while df remains safe. DF and bogota are just fine.

Latin America is complicated and travelers must do their homework.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline vikingo

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2018, 05:49:01 AM »
Even Russell Wilson (the NFL Quarterback) married a (hot) girl who already had a kid with another guy.

On a flight to Colombia I was sitting next to a guy from the U.S. He had married a Colombiana about 25 years his junior. He brought her back to the U.S. with the fiancé visa, etc.

After they were married for a while she started asking for kids (even though he repeatedly told her before they got married that he didn't want any kids). Apparently, she had an affair with a co-worker (in the states) and confessed to him she couldn't be with him anymore because she really wanted a kid. So they got an amicable divorce and she moved in with and had a kid with the co-worker.

When I met him on the flight to Colombia, he had just retired and was moving full time to Bogota to be with some Colombiana about 30 years younger than him. Not sure what the financial arrangement was with the chick in Bogota....but at least the guy got smarter and was getting the hell out of the U.S.
If a colombiana doesn't already have a kid, especially a son, she wants one. And that is just about written in Stone. They believe a son will support them when they're old and alone, it's tradition.
Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2018, 09:34:43 AM »
If a colombiana doesn't already have a kid, especially a son, she wants one. And that is just about written in Stone. They believe a son will support them when they're old and alone, it's tradition.

"Written in Stone" ha ha ha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EZCG2Ex8Q0

My favorite quotation from a movie  "Nothing is written"

I met a 28 year old girl well adjusted, not a puta. She was operated, cant have kids. Has none now. She doesnt want them All types of women exist in Colombia, and they do things for all types of reasons. No use to generalize.

Another thing. I know several cases where a guy has houses and property in Colombia, or even less, or for whatever reason, 401Ks , visa to the US , and the gal will get knocked up or want to have a kid.. for material reasons, no for love,

If guys are so sure its "For Love" why the hell do they trust thier wives or whatever they think they need a DNA test to make sure the kid is theirs?..ja.jaj.ja

Nothing is written in stone. Including everyones self righteous opinion on here.Nothing is written in stone. Including everyones self righteous opinion on he
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 09:45:19 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline rang-tMug

• Probie
    • СЃ 28 марта 2020 РіРѕРґР° карантин
  • Spouse's Country: Chile
Таджикистан, Краска - 832 предложения от 57 компаний с фото, ценами и отзывами
Фасадная краска Душанбе

Краска в Таджикистане. от 100 кг – 118 руб. от 100 кг – 131 руб. от 100 л – 295 руб. от 100 кг – 131 руб. от 5 шт. – 31 590 грн. от 24 шт. – 1 485 грн. от 120 шт. – 1 370 грн. от 100 кг – 135 руб. от 1000 л – 150 руб. от 100 кг – 134 руб. от 5 шт. – 21 150 грн. от 6 шт. – 1 805 руб. от 27 шт. – 1 710 руб. от 55 шт. – 1 615 руб. от 100 кг – 117 руб. от 100 кг – 134 руб. от 24 шт. – 900 руб. от 120 шт. – 600 руб. от 100 кг – 206 руб. от 5 шт. – 96 330 грн. от 10 шт. – 91 260 грн. от 20 шт. – 86 190 грн.
https://www.rang-t.com/
Таджикистан намерен отменить пошлины на импорт оборудования для производства ЛКМ
Промышленная краска Душанбе

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
Таджикистан, Краска - 832 предложения от 57 компаний с фото, ценами и отзывами
Фасадная краска Душанбе

Краска в Таджикистане. от 100 кг – 118 руб. от 100 кг – 131 руб. от 100 л – 295 руб. от 100 кг – 131 руб. от 5 шт. – 31 590 грн. от 24 шт. – 1 485 грн. от 120 шт. – 1 370 грн. от 100 кг – 135 руб. от 1000 л – 150 руб. от 100 кг – 134 руб. от 5 шт. – 21 150 грн. от 6 шт. – 1 805 руб. от 27 шт. – 1 710 руб. от 55 шт. – 1 615 руб. от 100 кг – 117 руб. от 100 кг – 134 руб. от 24 шт. – 900 руб. от 120 шт. – 600 руб. от 100 кг – 206 руб. от 5 шт. – 96 330 грн. от 10 шт. – 91 260 грн. от 20 шт. – 86 190 грн.
https://www.rang-t.com/
Таджикистан намерен отменить пошлины на импорт оборудования для производства ЛКМ
Промышленная краска Душанбе

The Russians are coming. And they're not happy....

Offline Elexpatriado

The Russians are coming. And they're not happy....

Price list for paint

How the hell ever got on this site...I dont.know

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128