It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Do you got the stuff in you?  (Read 2851 times)

Offline Gunnar

• Probie
Do you got the stuff in you?
« on: January 25, 2006, 06:23:44 PM »
We all got different reasons for wanting to marry CIS women. They are beatiful, intelligent and have old style value (atleast the 30+ ones).

However do you got the stuff in you to marry one of these fantastic women?

- They have much closer family ties. Can you stand having your mother in law living with you for extended periods of time? Is it acceptable for you that your wife is back in her old country for longer vacations?

- The cultural difference is significant. Are you a dynamic person, or must you have things the same old way you're used to? Marriage is difficult. Cross cultural marriages occationally really takes strong faith.

- The first period in a new country is very difficult for the women. Can you support and comfort her? Can you inspire her and help her learn the language and build new network of friends?

- It can be really difficult for foreigners getting a job relevant to their education. Do you have the financial means to support both you and her, while she rebuilds her career from scratch? Can you be psychical strong for her, when she realise that she has to start over?

If you got it, go for it! If not, leave it alone. It's not for everybody.

Offline LP

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 12:29:24 AM »
Jeez, what''ve you been smoking?

It's already beginning. The placing of a particular kind of women on a pedestal. Lets hope this place doesn't degrade into the sad examples of other boards.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 11:06:39 AM by LP »
Actual consumer instructions: On an airline package of nuts: "Open packet, eat nuts."

Offline Bruce

• Probie
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 09:32:39 AM »
LP, good to see you are alive and kicking somewhere.  Somehow my old name emails are banned   :oops: , so now I have my real name with a different email address  :shock: .  I did not realize my posts were so beligerant.  I assume it was a software glitch and Bruce is a fine name for me anyway :D
"A person who has not failed has done nothing."

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 09:32:39 AM »

Offline MtMav

Hi LP.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 02:25:42 PM »
LP, you wrote: "Lets hope this place doesn't degrade into the sad example of other boards." The board has already been degraded by your presence and mean spirited response to Gunnar. LP, there is still time for you to change but you won't.

For Gunnar (and others). Please continue to post but ignore this LP cat. He has a pathological need to elevate himself by being rude, insulting and annoying others with his (lack of) style.

Before LP edited his original post, he wrote of "co - dependence." Little does LP realise but he is *THE* most co - dependent person on this forum. How so? LP dependently uses this forum as a venue to feed his self serving need to annoy and insult others ........ to elevate himself by putting others down. LP knows of his "need." Back in November, it was "Fathertime." 2,088 posts, many (most?) of them mean spirited validate the aforementioned. Just how many potential posters LP has directly or indirectly intimidated into not participating ....... only the GOOD LORD knows.

Offline LP

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 02:48:51 PM »
Lol, I was wondering how long it'd take. Sorry Major Tom but the burst capillaries in your nose don't lend clarity to your wisdom. Since you're the one dependent on me you'll have to do better than that ;)

Bruce: Doing well thanks, hope you are too. Belligerent? Nah. Besides, that's my job....just ask the tin soldier above. He makes it worthwhile  ;)
Actual consumer instructions: On an airline package of nuts: "Open packet, eat nuts."

Offline Gunnar

• Probie
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 01:23:31 PM »
Quote from: LP
Jeez, what''ve you been smoking?

Hey dude, if loving my wife and thinking that UW has some advantages, but at the same time recognising that cross cultural marriages has its difficulties, by God I'm guilt as charged. :-)

And don't worry about me, MtMav. I know LP and everybody. I've been here on and off for a very long time. I like him.

Have a nice weekend!

Offline LP

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 04:57:07 PM »
Dude? Can't remember the last time I was called that but hey, you can't be all bad if you understand where I'm coming from. As for liking me you know what they say: If you like me tell your friends. If your friends like me, get new friends ;)

The post does has merit and you're certainly free to love your FSU wife as long as she doesn't turn you into the babbling idiot many men become. I'm just sensitive to guys who gush over these women as if they're special. They're just women. In my experience those "happiest" in a relationship are often those who were the most screwed up prior and this racket could use a lot less of them. Trip reports, scammer info, travel, ect, is all fine and good but it'd be disappointing to see this place dissolve into the puddle of goo other boards have become. You know, where some losers think "having" a woman magically changes them overnight into something else, all while gushing over their wives and GFs as if they're showing off their gun rack equiped pickup trucks or other toy. It's powerful queer behavior if you ask me. Not to mention putting any woman on a pedestal is unhealthy to begin with.

Not that there is anything wrong with being happy but come on, there are billions of couples the world over who're just as happy married to their own kind or to foreign women from other than MOB countries. Show me places on the internet where they wax poetic. Show me places where such men don't treat marriage as a normal part of life and get on with it instead of sticking around hyping to strangers how "special" these women are and how "lucky" they were to have snagged one.

No, it only happens in MOB circles. Why it that?  Are these women really unique? Do the men who seek them honestly believe they've stumbled onto some great secret of marital success? One the rest of the world is blissfully unaware off? Yeah sure, if they say so ;)

The bottom line is that if you think about it you'll see it often  has little to do with the women (other than how their "specialness" seems only to be found in countries with severe economic problems) and lots to do with the men. Newbies need to understand this before they develop false expectations this racket is a magic bullet and to better understand their motivations for getting involved in the first place.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5874
Latest: BillyGeots
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 2
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 350