It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Day 2,3 PH  (Read 13903 times)

Offline crashfirepm53

Day 2,3 PH
« on: May 24, 2010, 10:15:55 PM »
Sorry for the big gap in updates but some reason in Panglao this web address would come up as some banking/cash website so I just gave up.
I have 12 hours in Tapei to kill. If I quit looking at the mega beautiful women, I may get caught up.
Day 2 was adventure day to San miguel. We didn't get up and moving as fast as preferred so we caught the last Ferry to Tag City and just missed the last bus to SM. After seeing it leave, 3 hours packed as a sardine didn't seem fun anyways so we got a taxi for 2000 pesos and made it in 1.5 hours.
We wanted to have a little get together when I arrived so I had already paid for a pig for vittles. Her parents live in a traditional Filipino home, wood structure, no a/c,refrig but does have TV.
On arrival, about 50 folks were there to greet me. Most were too shy to step forward, but they all enjoyed looking at the giant. I was suprised at the lack of English overall in my trip. I think more can understand it than speak it and some just addressed Sheena in Tag cause it was easier.
After being gawked at, her family ushered me inside,cleared the wooden couch so I was comfortable. They were ready to feed me but we had pizza enroute so I wasn't that hungry.
The crowd didn't disipate much but they just moved to the window openings and stared from there. Kinda creepy lol, but I get it. I'm very freindly and made the kids laugh. I bought brothers a new basketball, synthetic but looks and feels like leather. They of course flipped and thanked me many times over.
They just started learning English 2 weeks ago for my arrival.
I found out the extended family was waiting to drink with me. I was ready and said bring it on!! What that means in English is that they were waiting on the Kano to buy the Tanduey(spelling) to drink.lol. No prob, I just didn't realize that they haven't already picked it up. A scooter ride and $10.00 later, a few bottles of rum, 1000ml of SM,ice and more arrived.
Most of it disappeared as the extended family was to shy to drink with me so me and Sheenas dad drank half a bottle in shots until he backed off but I stayed steady handed. Lol.
Here comes the food,mammoth portions, I was served first as they stared at me!!! How could I eat as all these malnutritioned people stare at me? Sheena said it was traditional and to dive in. With a little hesitation I did and didn't stop until I was very full and called it quits. Of course, 2 more bowls of rice, bichon(spelling) and roast pork was placed in front of me. Her moms noodles were better than any others I would try with only 1 other comparable.
Her dad thru her mom moved in and starting asking the big questions. I could tell by how he sat that this wasn't small chat. Not pushy by any means but just had questions about me and her. Her family has been supportive the whole time.

The crowd got smaller as the food and drink disappeared. After eating so much, it was time for a number 2. I brought my own TP so I was prepped. I leaned over to Sheena and said I needed to use to bathroom. She asked if I needed to "poof". To what? After a few back and forths, I clarified it to her as "poop" and yes I needed to. She proceeds to "yell" something loudly which I asked her what she said even though I kinda had a feeling. She told her mom and announced to the crowd that I needeed to poop and where was the flashlight!!! I could have died. We all do it, nobody blinked an eye either as if I was just asking for a glass of water.
So Sheena stood at the door looking and shining the light. I asked her to back off just a bit. I didn't need lighting like I was at Joe Robby stadium.Lol. I hit the target, first try like a seasoned vet.

They watched my like mother hen, all of then. I had to pee at 5 am and made my way outside. They heard me get up I guess and you'd think the Kano alarm when off. Everyone is talking and come looking for me concerned I'd drown in the rice fields I guess(their dry).
Breakfast was started, I got some pictures then belly stuffed. The Chilli's are awesome by the way and very potent.
We had planned on a 2 day stay but after missing my flight and already had reservations we needed to take off for Panglao. Somehow I forget to get her sisters something so I gave them 500 pesos to split. Her younger sister never held that much before. The smile on her face was worth 5000 pesos.
This trip we went native. We caught the bus in town after an hour wait and made it to Tag a couple hours later. Long and hot with many stops. Took a taxi to Panglao, double the meter because he would be unloaded on the way back.

We stayed at Regents Park. Very nice Resort, 5 min walk to beach, nice rooms and a huge gorgeous pool. Friendly staff and plenty on duty all the time. Food was very reasonable and good. Drinks reasonable. The only complaints I had were the water pressure at night was a drizzle without fail but great in the morning/afternoon and the A/C, although new barely did the job. The rooms are also equipped with a key that shuts off the power if you lock the door when you leave. The A/C took hours to cool in the daytime so we left the room unlocked, lights off and any valuables we had with us. Never had an issue.
We had dinner at the hotel and other than a walk to the store for water,ATM for cash, a look at the beach and the internet cafe wh spent the night together in the room.

Offline evoltnvii

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Day 2,3 PH
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 12:07:44 AM »
good report sounds like you are having a good trip so far. I know all about the people crowding around like look at the monkey in the zoo it made me really uncomfortable but you get over it.
I drank what!!!!!!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 05:23:19 AM »
Nice report, interesting and good for the guys who haven't made it over there yet. One thing that was left out was how are you and Sheena getting along?

enjoy!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 05:23:19 AM »

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 11:23:12 AM »
I am enjoying your report crash.

I am one of the few who didn't get to drink on my first visit i phil.  ;D

I seldom drink & Ahya's oldest brother do not drink so there were no offer of alcohol. The bottle I gave him - Ahya told me that is on display in his cabinet (a few people are eyeing it)  ;D. As for the Godiva liqueur, people who normally do not drink - had a taste of it.   8)

>>I leaned over to Sheena and said I needed to use to bathroom. She asked if I needed to "poof". To what? After a few back and forths, I clarified it to her as "poop" and yes I needed to. <<
Did you use fresh or dry leaves to wipe?   :-[  ;D

Next time just say you want to go to cr (comfort room).  :D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:25:49 AM by thekfc »
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 04:40:51 PM »
So, CR = WC? 
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline thekfc

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 05:53:17 PM »
So, CR = WC?  
Yep, bathroom, restroom, comfort room, powder room, toilet room, washroom, water closet, W.C., public lavatory, public loo, or the John. Every country or part of the world have a name for it.
In the Philippines they use CR.

Offline Dave H

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 10:13:37 PM »
Hey crash,

Yep, it sounds like you are in the Philippines alright! If they ask you if you need to "deposit," it is not in the bank. It is a common way of also saying to "poof!"  ;D

In Bohol they speak Boholano (similar to Cebuano), a Bisayan language. You will hear Tagalog only on TV or in the movies. Many people can speak English, but are too shy to do it. Generally the more educating one has, the better English they speak. I am starting to understand the gist of most Cebuano conversations, but cannot speak it yet.

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline Dave H

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 10:48:46 PM »
Yep, bathroom, restroom, comfort room, powder room, toilet room, washroom, water closet, W.C., public lavatory, public loo, or the John. Every country or part of the world have a name for it.
In the Philippines they use CR.

Here are some common names: For the LA Board guys "el baño" (Spanish) and Brazil "o banheiro" (Portuguese). ;D For guys in China (Mandarin) 浴室 (yù shì),  Japan (Nihongo) バスルーム,  æµ´å®¤, ばするーむ, よくしつ (basuruumu, yoku[snip]su), Russia "Ванная,"  Germany "das badezimmer," France "la salle de bains," Italy "il bagno"... I prefer the Japanese  "yokosh-itsu"...the only way I could slip it past the ol' P-L "Cuss-o-meter!"  ;D

Dave

« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:56:47 PM by Dave H »

Offline Dave H

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 11:06:26 PM »
Nice Philippine bathroom...too bad someone broke the tabo!  ;D Most finer hotels have flush toilets and running water in the sink and shower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGgkY7k10BI

I am trying to figure this out what is going on ("experiment") in this yokosh-itsu? I think it is Japanese...anyone?  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jlv8F9cerA&feature=related
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:08:51 PM by Dave H »

Offline evoltnvii

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 12:28:40 AM »

I am trying to figure this out what is going on ("experiment") in this yokosh-itsu? I think it is Japanese...anyone?  ;D

Is that mentos and diet coke?
I drank what!!!!!!

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 06:43:45 AM »
Here are some common names: For the LA Board guys "el baño" (Spanish) and Brazil "o banheiro" (Portuguese). ;D For guys in China (Mandarin) 浴室 (yù shì),  Japan (Nihongo) バスルーム,  æµ´å®¤, ばするーむ, よくしつ (basuruumu, yoku[snip]su), Russia "Ванная,"  Germany "das badezimmer," France "la salle de bains," Italy "il bagno"... I prefer the Japanese  "yokosh-itsu"...the only way I could slip it past the ol' P-L "Cuss-o-meter!"  ;D

Dave

In Japan, if you call it a basu-rumu (Japanized "bath room") they take you to the furo - a room with a bathtub but no toilet. You have to ask for the toilet (toy-ray) or the old fashioned term: "ben-jo." Something the Japanese are fussy about is separating clean activities, like taking a bath, from kita-nai (unclean) ones like taking a dump. It really is nice being able to take a bath and not having to be immersed in the noxious vapors from having just downloaded last night's carnitas, refried beans and beer.

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 06:33:09 PM »
Japan (Nihongo) バスルーム,  æµ´å®¤, ばするーむ, よくしつ (basuruumu, yoku-shi-tsu),
???  Haven't heard those.  Generally, we just use two terms:
(Polite) 御手洗 = O-te-arai = hand wash room / restroom
(Common) トイレ = Toire = toilet

Shi-tsure-shimasu. Otearai itekimasu. 
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.

Offline Dave H

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 04:45:59 AM »
Something the Japanese are fussy about is separating clean activities, like taking a bath, from kita-nai (unclean) ones like taking a dump. It really is nice being able to take a bath and not having to be immersed in the noxious vapors from having just downloaded last night's carnitas, refried beans and beer.

Hey Jeff,

I ABSOLUTELY agree with the Japanese in separating clean and unclean activities!  I am going as far as planning "his" and "hers" toy-rays in our new house, with only a small sink for hand washing inside the room. My room will have a urinal as well (with LCD TV)...maybe I will give her a bidet.  ;D

Dave

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 04:45:59 AM »

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 05:34:45 AM »
I'm doing this all on my Blackberry so I'm a bit delayed.
Day 04, we went o her aunts house on Panglao beach for a meet and greet. Her mom was there again so I got to spend time with her some. Her aunt married a Brit about 10 years ago. A very wealthy Brit. Not only was the house on Panglao beach, it is gorgeous and it would be a million dollar home in the states about 3500sf approx and a 1st class house throughout. They own 4 more in PH, HK, and 2 in the UK. You get the point. Very nice woman. She had a family freind there with his family and a gorgeous daughter who was into me obviously. Too late though. Lol. After a few hours there we went back for dinner and a dip in the pool.
Day 5 and 6 we just relaxed, walked the beach some, checking out the scene. I had a few rum n cokes but at 40 pesos, its hard not too. Again me and Sheena continue to get along great. She took care of the laundry and keep me happy, which is pretty easy.
Day 7,was her Aunt Grandmothers B day so we were invited back to her Aunts. This time they had a spread of food to feast on, which I did. Sheena made my plates and tried to keep me full as a tick.
We all took a swim in the ocean and I must admit my first since I've been there. We made our way past the rocky part with Sheena on my back(she can't swim). I went far enough that we both stepped on a spiny erchant. Within a couple seconds, my foot was on fire! I couldn't get out of the water fast enough and I just wanted tweezers to pull them out!!! Of course, I was told not to, that it will be worse, etc... I try to remove foreign objects whenever possible. The recommendation was to pee on it like a jelly fish stinge. Well I didn't have to pee and I wasn't interested in the medical benifits of her uncles urine.lol. Sheena did offer to pee on it for me. What a woman but I declined.
Since I wasn't getting tweezers, the only chose was to drink away my pain. Too hot for much San Miguel so her Uncle broke out a bottle of Brandy. A bit to strong to sip but went nicely with a Coke chaser. 3/4th the way thru the bottle, it was time to go since we had to wait for a ride out on the road. Her uncle said something about finishing the rest, I didn't want to be rude so I obliged.

I was pretty tossed after that, made it home, showered and crashed.
Day 8 was a recovery day just enjoying each other cuddling or napping together. At night she was all over me starting with her legs laying across me which didn't move unless I curled around her.
Day 9 we went to Tag city on the bus. Worst bus ride ever but hey, we went native as it was cheap. Sheena fanned me the whole way, continuiously wiping the sweat from my face as she did the whole trip.
We checked into Metro Center, if I'm not mixing hotels and cities.lobby and restaurant is very nice. Room was ok and not uncommon to see little ants. A/C cooled but not great.Coming from Regents it wasn't impressive.
We had lunch at the all u can eat rice place(forgot the name), but I jammed myself full of course.
To be continued tonight. Time to sleep. Damn I hate the night shift.

Offline thekfc

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 09:53:34 AM »
Nice report crash, I enjoy reading it.

Day 9 we went to Tag city on the bus. Worst bus ride ever but hey, we went native as it was cheap. Sheena fanned me the whole way, continuiously wiping the sweat from my face as she did the whole trip.
I got the same treatment too on my first jeepney ride.
Did she give you one of these "towels" aka handkerchief? they come in quite handy, I was given 2 - one for my back & one to wipe.  ;D
I did get to ride the local bus - window seats on them are prime. The private buses & taxis I rode on had good working a/c.
My other rides (tricycles & jeepneys) had continuous natural & "semi-fresh" a/c.  ::)

Any pics yet?

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 10:34:48 AM »
I think a lot of Filipinas think that having a wet, sweaty back leads to many other ills, but they do try and keep you dry overall as well.

Even here, my wife always wants me to change shirts if my back is a little wet. Good thing I bought a car with ventilated seats in this Georgia climate!

Offline evoltnvii

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 12:14:59 PM »
I miss all the attention honestly a guy gets used to a girl taking good care of him. I remember the hankerchief under the shirt on my back and her wiping my face and neck ahhhh filipinas theres no better girls IMO lol.
I drank what!!!!!!

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 12:56:53 PM »
and keep me happy, which is pretty easy.
I think that is key to success in this endeavor.

we both stepped on a spiny erchant. Within a couple seconds, my foot was on fire!... I didn't have to pee and I wasn't interested in the medical benifits of her uncles urine.lol.
Gah!  I'm not sure which is worse, the unending pain or getting soaked with uncle pee.  Plus there is the risk that his aim would be off.   :P

Offline william3rd

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 07:35:19 PM »

Dave

If you shrit in the banya in Russia, you will get a butt kicking. . . .

Banya is the steam room. . . . G'dear toilette? will get you to the right place
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 08:23:31 PM »
I'm doing this all on my Blackberry so I'm a bit delayed.
Day 04, we went o her aunts house on Panglao beach for a meet and greet.
Day 9 we went to Tag city on the bus.

Great trip report!  My sweetie lives on Bohol, near Tag city!  

Take some notes about pricing, food, etc!  I will be there later 2010 or early 2011.

Keep up the trip reports you got me on the edge of my seat!!  And get some good pics!!

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 10:22:50 PM »
Tag is a busy city. A little hard to tell the difference from Cebu in the daytime. Very crowded but at night, it shuts down. Nothing really to do. Sheena says the city is still a bit reserved as compared to Cebu. We did go to the disco in the hotel one night.not many people there, very young with a bunch of 12 y/o's drinking S.M. Which completely suprised me!!
Sheena tried a few drinks and I got a couple Fuzzy Navels. There were very weak in alcohol and she made this crazy face and her body shook after every sip. I think she wanted to make a lil point, drinking them both. Inside of 3 minutes, she's toasted. I kinda carried her upstairs and to the toilet she went, threw up a bit and I tucked her in bed. She woke up in the morning with her head feeling "heavy". Welcome to your 1st hangover.Lol.

Next day we headed back to Cebu City for our last few days together. Reality starts to sit in now with us both.
The fast boat ride was pretty smooth and A/C worked great. We grabbed a taxi and as said here many times before, get a metered taxi always unless ur girl knows the usual cost from A to B and can negotiate a better unmetered ride. They see American and dollars and will try to rip you. Also the will double charge you for the unloaded return trip without you. Make sure you know this ahead of time. You may have to pay it if you are going a long ways away but not in the city.
We got a room for the last couple nights at the Cebu midtown hotel. It's a bit more but the location is pretty good with Robinsons right there.pretty much bug free, A/C was decent but Diplomat A/C was the best of the trip.
We went to the Alaya mall in Cebu. Now it's a big mall, with 5 floors I think and mostly going up and not out due to space.
Now while in the PH, I've seen a lot of pretty girls, some very pretty but as you have heard before, all things change when you go to the mall.Sheena warned me and she is cool with the " looking" and it's natural she says. Good girl.
Well I think I may it honestly to 40 feet OUTSIDE the intrance when my jaw dropped and the temptation to turn around for a 2nd,3rd stare was too much. The force was too strong!!! Jesus. Throughout the mall, there were very sexy young women, make up and all in shorts looking very pretty. If ur girl is the very jealous type, just don't go or go alone.
If your looking to meet women, plenty there, just pick out the type u like and go for it.
When it was time to leave, we went outside and she said we needed to get a taxi. We headed that way. I saw this huge line to the left. Sheena said that's the Filipino line so I headed to the right but she pulled me left again and looked at me funny. I said "if that's the filipino line, where is the American line"? Yeh I actually said that very innocently and she looked at me with the WTH look and said " No, Filipinos wait in line for everything". It all set in and we had a great laugh!!Lol.

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 11:27:43 PM »
That night, we went to a little traditional PH restaurant a few hundred feet away from Robinsons. We sat inside but she wanted to sit outside where there was music. A Filipino was doing his impression of Wayne Newton. Funny to say the least. 2 girls that were eating inside came out to sing as they were part of the act. Now these girls weren't marriage minded but damn they were very beautiful girls.
We always order a lot of food, more than we can eat but its so cheap usually. Here it wasn't any difference, we had more than we could eat and we packed it up for the street kids. While we were having dinner, there are quite a few cats and kittens around. I'm not a cat person at all but she kept saying how cute they were. One little kitten came under our table. I tried to shoo it away but she said look at the cute kitty as she went to rub it with her heel. That cute little kitty hissed, swiped at her foot and I just died laughing!!!!
Also I'll say that while you are there, you will see some women and make eye contact with them and you will instantly know if they are the "good girl" type your looking for. At least I can anyways. Some of the women I saw would just bring a calmness to you. Pretty, pleasant, great little body and a heart so big and warm you just know. Our waitress there was one of them just like my Sheena is.
After that we went to a club for some music and a couple drinks. Outside we saw a few ladyboys, some you just couldn't tell until right up on them. Sheena was dressed a bit sexy that night, heels and kinda Daisy Dukes. A few working girls started circling this Kano and prob. Thought Sheena might have been working me too.lol.Be careful fellas or you may get a suprise.
Oh yeh, I did get a 150 peso/hour massage while there. Stupid me should have had one everyday. Not sure what I was thinking. The massage place was a respectable one( I think) and this tiny lil girl walked me to the room and pointed at the boxer shorts to change into. I'm 6'6'' and 265lbs. Those shorts were so tight on me and my feet hung out into the hall.Lol. I soon forgot about that when this very pretty 90lb woman lotioned up her little hands and started rubbing my back.
The next day I got a tattoo. Why not? The price was right after we got past the americano prices. It took longer than planned but I gave Sheena some money to go shop on and she brought us food and such. Still healing, hurt like hell but your bicep and inner forearm skin is thin!
Our last night together, feelings started to turn sad for us both as at 5 am, we had to get up for my flight.We spent most of the night just cuddling until she fell asleep in my arms.
How soon the morning comes......

Offline Dave H

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 06:45:26 AM »
I think a lot of Filipinas think that having a wet, sweaty back leads to many other ills, but they do try and keep you dry overall as well.

Even here, my wife always wants me to change shirts if my back is a little wet. Good thing I bought a car with ventilated seats in this Georgia climate!

Hey Rob,

I am always getting scolded by the mothers at my daughter's school for not changing my wet shirt every 5 minutes! I started wearing white t-shirts so that they wouldn't notice the sweat as much. I usually start sweating the moment I step out of the shower! (3-5 per day) The mothers and yayas constantly chase their kids around and wipe their backs with hand towels, then change their shirts. They usually leave a hand towel stuffed down the back of the kids' shirts. Filipinas go absolutely nuts when they see me walk in the rain without an umbrella!  ;D  I love going out in the rain here (umbrella or not)! The streets of the city become almost completely deserted. Most Filipinos are afraid of the rain, since they believe they will catch a cold. They quickly look for a dry place to escape it (tricycles stop running and even jeepneys are few).

At the gym, Filipinos/as change into dry clothing (without showering) before they leave. At the beach or swimming pool they change into dry clothing before they go home. I shower and change clothes when I get home. Fortunately, my wife is not so anal and only asks me if I want another shirt when it becomes soaked!

Dave
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:02:45 AM by Dave H »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 06:45:26 AM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 07:14:08 AM »
Ha ha--Dave--yes--that brings back a lot of memories. It's weird how in a place where it can seem to rain interminably, they can be so strange about getting wet. Like cats?

And I guess there are some things I think almost all wives stop doing as much as they did before we were married and even more so after a few years.

In all fairness, we're both working two jobs for now and she's taking a killer hard Cisco Computer Networking class with 1 or 2 tests every week.

My wife used to do my nails--hand and toe, taking an impossibly long time to get them 'perfect', then really, really wanting to put clear lacquer on them. (Yes Dave, I said "NO" to the pink lip gloss)

Now, if I want her to trim my nails, cuticles, etc--I sometimes have to bite my nails--you know, when you have a burr, or one looks like one of those 1970's cocaine pinky finger scooper uppers---that ALWAYS sends her running for the manicure kit. And no, I don't bite my toe nails.

I guess it's all down hill from here--she doesn't even hand wash my underwear every time any more--only every second or third wash or 'as needed'.... :o

Offline Dave H

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 07:27:24 AM »
Hey crashfire,

Congratulations, it sounds like you had a very good time and found a great lady!

Dave

Offline Dave H

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 07:34:16 AM »
Hey Rob,

Don't worry, when things slow down, your wife will be back to her old self...trying to put nail polish and pink lip gloss on you and the dog  ;D

Dave

Offline thekfc

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 07:47:12 AM »
These "lovely" words:
"Let me wipe, you sweating again.",  "let me put towel on your back", "your hair is long again", "do not bite your nails". "let me clean cut nails".

My nails was a "little long", barely noticeable but she said that my nails was too long & gave me a manicure & pedicure. While she was giving me the manicure, she put down the clipper & I picked it up - she gave me "the look"  & I immediately put it down.

I was looking for some good white t-shirts & got on the Hanes deal & got 15 white t-shirts which I will take with me, I think that will be enough to cover me while I am there.
I will also bring 2-3 nice soft Egyptian cotton wash cloths "to wipe".  ;D

Dave H.  you owe me a new keyboard.  ::)

Offline Dave H

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2010, 08:01:56 AM »
These "lovely" words:
"Let me wipe, you sweating again.",  "let me put towel on your back", "your hair is long again", "do not bite your nails". "let me clean cut nails".

Hey thekfc,

Don't forget..."You look so tired! Let me massage you!"  ;D Time really flies...I have been hearing those "lovely" words for almost 10 years now.

[/quote]

Dave H.  you owe me a new keyboard.  ::)

No problem, I have a closet full. You just have to come by and get it.  ;D

Dave AKA Dr. Love

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2010, 10:55:00 AM »
Yea Kfc, She doesn't like when I pick up the nail clipper can never do it 'right'.

If anyone's onto it after one visit it's you, but 'just in case' the guys--her family anyways, most likely greatly prefer 'Hanes' brand under wear and T shirts. We don't even bother stocking up on anything else--no Fruit of the Loom, etc.

Maybe it's Michael Jordan and Hanes, I dunno. Levis are still THE brand of jeans, but Guess would be OK in a pinch. A store around here 'Rugged Warehouse', occasionally blows out the Hanes at a $1 a pair or top, as well as Nike, Adidas, Structure, Express, Ed Hardy, Urban Outfitters etc. You never know what your gonna find.

Is there anything that Ed Hardy hasn't put his gaudy mark on yet?

I know you're always filling a box, if slow and steady!

Offline thekfc

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 11:54:36 AM »
Yea Kfc, She doesn't like when I pick up the nail clipper can never do it 'right'.
Same here, I can never do it 'right". I did my nails last week, I took my time & did everything to a "tee" but it wasn't done "right".  ::)

If anyone's onto it after one visit it's you, but 'just in case' the guys--her family anyways, most likely greatly prefer 'Hanes' brand under wear and T shirts. We don't even bother stocking up on anything else--no Fruit of the Loom, etc.
Maybe it's Michael Jordan and Hanes, I dunno.
They do love Hanes, especially her brother in Bahrain - he love the white shirts. Yea, it must be the MJ thing.

Levis are still THE brand of jeans, but Guess would be OK in a pinch.
Jeans I haven't done yet, I don't think that she is giving me her correct size. She tells me that she is a size 26/27 pants but she fits an extra small in Victoria's Secret & Disney - so I will do a correct sizing when I am there. 

I know you're always filling a box, if slow and steady!
I sent a few boxes to her, it should be in Manila within the next 2 weeks (I haven't done a tracking yet). I sent some good stuff but I held back a bit, I am planning to send them in early October for X-mas - I think that they will be more appropriate for then than now.

Offline Ethan14

• Royale with cheese
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2010, 06:22:44 PM »
Wow Crash sounds like a great trip. Are you going back soon? What did you get a tattoo of?  :o

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2010, 08:10:05 PM »
Now while in the PH, I've seen a lot of pretty girls, some very pretty but as you have heard before, all things change when you go to the mall.Sheena warned me and she is cool with the " looking" and it's natural she says. Good girl.
Well I think I may it honestly to 40 feet OUTSIDE the intrance when my jaw dropped and the temptation to turn around for a 2nd,3rd stare was too much. The force was too strong!!! Jesus. Throughout the mall, there were very sexy young women, make up and all in shorts looking very pretty. If ur girl is the very jealous type, just don't go or go alone.
If your looking to meet women, plenty there, just pick out the type u like and go for it.

I was in Ho Chi Mihn City (Saigon) and had the same problem! I was with hanging out with two beautiful viet girls and they both wanted my attention.  We went to an outdoor shopping mall and I became a rock star!!  The key in this situation is simple, wear dark glasses!! lol

Keep the faith bro!  Nothing wrong with looking!  Just don't let the eye candy interfere with you and your woman's short time together!

Great trip report, sounds like you and your girl are a smash!!
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Dave H

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 04:37:35 AM »

Maybe it's Michael Jordan and Hanes, I dunno.

Hey Rob,

I think you are onto something! Filipinos all seem to love Hanes. I have Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, Jockey etc..."Fruit of the Womb, WTF is that?"  I have some darn expensive T-shirts made of cashmere or something, that even Simon Cowell would drool for! They make the others feel like cardboard, yet I am sure that Filipinos would not be impressed in the least unless it is Hanes and Michael Jordan.

Dave

I don't know

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2010, 11:52:44 PM »
Alright, I'll wrap this up then go back and answer questions.
The morning came to leave very fast. We laid in each others arms not sure what to say or do. I don't like being late so we gathered up and grabbed a taxi. Taxi driver tried to double charge us again after trying to charge us a way too high rate to the airport. She stood her ground, we started to get out and then he came around.
She took a few camera phone pics otw there of us. If your not a ticketed passenger, you cannot get but a few feet in the door there. We said our goodbye's, she teared up which made me break down, even worse than she did. Damn that was hard but I can't say unexpected.I waived goodbye after check in and disappeared with tears still in my eyes the whole time. I'm getting misty now.lol

Well there isn't any signs for the departure tax required and I gave her most of my pesos left so I fell a few short. I went to the ATM,but the VISA one was OOS so I went scrambling for another. I had to run down to international arrival for a Bank of PI and run back. Leave yourself plenty of time for situations like this.
Before I left on the trip, all I could think of was her and what we would be doing but on the return flight and the next 48 hours, I COULDN'T think of her or the future. My mind locked up. Maybe I was depressed, stressed of going back to reality. I'm not sure. My mind finally cooperated after a day or 2 and thoughts of our future started to pour in.
Nothing has changed between us. She is very in love with me and wants nothing else but to be where ever I am. Honestly, I feel the same. I am going to file the petition in the next 2 weeks for a fiance visa, so she can visit here. If things still are as great as they are now, we will get married here. She doesn't want anything big but just that we are together.

If you guys are looking for a good woman, I can very much recommend the women of PH. How you go about finding her, well, there are many different ways to do that. I only know what worked for me.

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2010, 11:55:44 PM »
I am enjoying your report crash.

I am one of the few who didn't get to drink on my first visit i phil.  ;D

I seldom drink & Ahya's oldest brother do not drink so there were no offer of alcohol. The bottle I gave him - Ahya told me that is on display in his cabinet (a few people are eyeing it)  ;D. As for the Godiva liqueur, people who normally do not drink - had a taste of it.   8)

>>I leaned over to Sheena and said I needed to use to bathroom. She asked if I needed to "poof". To what? After a few back and forths, I clarified it to her as "poop" and yes I needed to. <<
Did you use fresh or dry leaves to wipe?   :-[  ;D

Well thats where the communication comes into play. The first day at the hotel, I walked by the bathroom and saw her on the seat squatting on her feet just like she would have outside.lol. She finally started using her butt on the seat after that.lol

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2010, 11:59:17 PM »
Nice report crash, I enjoy reading it.
 I got the same treatment too on my first jeepney ride.
Did she give you one of these "towels" aka handkerchief? they come in quite handy, I was given 2 - one for my back & one to wipe.  ;D
I did get to ride the local bus - window seats on them are prime. The private buses & taxis I rode on had good working a/c.
My other rides (tricycles & jeepneys) had continuous natural & "semi-fresh" a/c.  ::)

Any pics yet?

Enjoy the rest of your trip.
She had tissues and kept pulling them out to wipe. They are so small and thin, she'd use the whole pack.
Napkins suck over there. If you can get one, there are like tissue. Very thin. They'd never make it in the States.

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2010, 12:03:51 AM »
Great trip report!  My sweetie lives on Bohol, near Tag city!  

Take some notes about pricing, food, etc!  I will be there later 2010 or early 2011.

Keep up the trip reports you got me on the edge of my seat!!  And get some good pics!!

Zulu
I'll get up the pics as soon as she sends them to me. Slow internet and 200 photos will take a long time.
Food is cheap. Very hard to spend more than 350 pesos for dinner, breakfast is about 90 to 180. I bought whole grilled chickens for $2.00. Fast food lunch is 80 pesos. Try the never ending rice bowl!!!

Offline thekfc

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2010, 04:44:43 AM »
She had tissues and kept pulling them out to wipe. They are so small and thin, she'd use the whole pack.
Napkins suck over there. If you can get one, there are like tissue. Very thin. They'd never make it in the States.
Yep, these napkins/wash cloth/"towels" they use to wipe are paper thin - one wipe & it is completely wet, I have 2 with me, I took them incase I needed them in the airport. I plan on bringing my own wash cloth with me. I included some nice thick bath towels, bath sheets & beach towels in the balikbayan box I recently sent but I forgot to include the hand towels & wash cloths. 

Also the napkins that they give you at some (not all) restaurants are not enough to completely wipe your hands.

Offline thekfc

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2010, 04:59:31 AM »
I'll get up the pics as soon as she sends them to me. Slow internet and 200 photos will take a long time.
Food is cheap. Very hard to spend more than 350 pesos for dinner, breakfast is about 90 to 180. I bought whole grilled chickens for $2.00. Fast food lunch is 80 pesos. Try the never ending rice bowl!!!
Sometimes the internet can be very slow, Ahya sister owns an internet cafe & I have experience it first hand. Depending on the size of your pics - it may take a looooooong time.

Yep, the food is good & cheap and I know that you did enjoy yourself eating.

Questions:
How many pounds did you gain? ;D
Did you remember the names of the food that you ate? ( I should use eat as the word ate is sister :D).
Any food that you didn't really care for?

I posted a few pics of some menus in my trip report. If I remember or have the time I take some more pics of menus around Manila & the other areas which I will visit.

Offline Dave H

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2010, 07:52:36 AM »
Wow Crash sounds like a great trip. Are you going back soon? What did you get a tattoo of?  :o

This would be cool!  ;D

Don't get me started on tattoos!  ;D

That would sure make it tough wearing "slippers" in the Philippines! I hope that is not piglett's new tattoo!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 07:55:08 AM by Dave H »

Offline z_k_g

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2010, 02:11:08 PM »

Well there isn't any signs for the departure tax required and I gave her most of my pesos left so I fell a few short. I went to the ATM,but the VISA one was OOS so I went scrambling for another. I had to run down to international arrival for a Bank of PI and run back.

If you guys are looking for a good woman, I can very much recommend the women of PH. How you go about finding her, well, there are many different ways to do that. I only know what worked for me.

Fantastic Report!

What was the departure tax?  How much was the total trip cost?

Zulu

Offline thekfc

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2010, 06:49:29 PM »
What was the departure tax?
750 pesos (about $16) for international departure & 200 pesos ($4.30) for domestic travel.
There is also a travel tax too but that is mainly for Filipino citizens, residents & visa holders.
We only have to pay the departure tax.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 06:58:58 PM by thekfc »

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2010, 08:38:21 PM »
I don't think I gained any weight and honestly may have lost some but not for lack of eating. I ate more like a Filipino, with lots of rice and less meat/ sauces than I would have done if I was home. Rice isn't nutritional really and just fills the void. Rice with a lil soy and vinegar is excellent.
My tattoo is a polynesian tattoo, all in black with a large sun on my bicep and different tribal bands wrapping around my upper forearm.
This was by far the most painful tat ever. It took 8 hours. The skin on your inner arm, bicep/ AC area is paper thin and just F'n hurts.mostly healed now except lower bicep.I had prices from 16k pesos to 23k pesos "americano" prices but I got it for 9000 pesos. Good price. Not the quality of a tattoo in the states but that's part of the concept and I am gonna tweak it a bit. I'll get pics of it up also.

The slipper comment reminded me of a hotel we stayed in provided bath/pool slippers. My size 14 foot I pryed into them and the heel hung out 3 inches but I wore them.

Offline Dave H

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2010, 04:33:44 AM »

The slipper comment reminded me of a hotel we stayed in provided bath/pool slippers. My size 14 foot I pryed into them and the heel hung out 3 inches but I wore them.

Hey crash,

I enjoyed your trip report!

I have an 11 foot and seem to be at the upper spectrum of slipper and shoe sizes, at least in my city. If I find a pair of shoes or slippers that fit and I like, I usually buy them and add them to my Imelda Marcos collection...which is still quite small due to "No stock sir!" (in my size). I saw a cool pair of Converse Allstars that I really wanted the other day...but unfortunately the largest size that they came in was a 9.5, with maybe a B width at the most. The girl brought them out anyway thinking that I must have exaggerated my foot size. She asked me if I wanted to try them on, as if perhaps my foot would shrink into them. I laughed, placed them next to my bare foot, and told her, "Thanks anyway!"   ;D

Dave

Offline crashfirepm53

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2010, 12:42:48 AM »
When I was a kid 13 and 14 size shoes were hard to find. Now, they are pretty common.

Offline throwawaydad

« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2010, 10:48:02 PM »
Hey ARFF:

I'm a medically-retired Airline Pilot.

CrashFireParamedic...I suspect you work at an airport.

KICT?

I nailed it when you mentioned OOS.

Too bad you didn't get to squirt me on MY Last Landing.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2010, 10:19:29 AM »
750 pesos (about $16) for international departure & 200 pesos ($4.30) for domestic travel.
There is also a travel tax too but that is mainly for Filipino citizens, residents & visa holders.
We only have to pay the departure tax.
I paid $16.75 when i left the airport in manila
I had thought it would be much more so i still had $120 stashed in my money belt
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2010, 10:24:28 AM »
Hey crash,

I enjoyed your trip report!

I have an 11 foot and seem to be at the upper spectrum of slipper and shoe sizes, at least in my city. If I find a pair of shoes or slippers that fit and I like, I usually buy them and add them to my Imelda Marcos collection...which is still quite small due to "No stock sir!" (in my size). I saw a cool pair of Converse Allstars that I really wanted the other day...but unfortunately the largest size that they came in was a 9.5, with maybe a B width at the most. The girl brought them out anyway thinking that I must have exaggerated my foot size. She asked me if I wanted to try them on, as if perhaps my foot would shrink into them. I laughed, placed them next to my bare foot, and told her, "Thanks anyway!"   ;D

Dave

I found that in manila(at least where i went) the biggest size shoe they carry is a 10

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2010, 10:37:41 AM »

That would sure make it tough wearing "slippers" in the Philippines! I hope that is not piglett's new tattoo!

[/quote]

WOW that little piggy had a rough time of it.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864