It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Back  (Read 4050 times)

Offline chris010

Back
« on: May 20, 2011, 11:46:53 AM »
It has been a few months since I first posted and introduced myself.  Between work and squaring up my personal life it has been intresting to say the least.  I was woundering if anyone has had any experiances with using Plenty of Fish or Filipino Kisses or Date in Asia.  I was thinking of creating a profile on them to get my feet wet.  If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.  I have decided to narrow my search to the 26-40 age bracket.  Another thing I was woundering,  is it a bad idea to write/get involved with women who currently work in other countries but live in the PI?

Thanks All

chris

:)

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Back
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 02:46:54 PM »

Hi Chris and welcome back.

A number of guys here have married Filipinas working in Hong Kong as nurses, housekeepers and nannies. Years ago, it was a popular destination. I haven't heard much lately though.

Offline Bill_McC

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »
Give this site a look too. Its almost exclusively Filipinas.

http://www.melindaspenpals.com/

Bill
"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 04:27:55 AM »

…is it a bad idea to write/get involved with women who currently work in other countries but live in the PI?

Good question chris!

It’s not a bad idea, but there are a lot of variables to consider.

What kind of work is she doing? If anything "entertainment" related, I would be very wary. Domestic work or nursing is no problem.

Most legal overseas workers find work through employment agencies that specialize in overseas employment. To qualify, they must present government certified documents, obtain a passport, and obtain a police clearance for any possible criminal background. In this sense, they are "partially" pre-screened as being legitimate, though some have been known to use someone else’s identity, especially if they are under age.

Probably the largest of segment of foreign workers are women doing domestic work. They typically live in with a foreign family and work primarily as housekeepers and nannies. They usually have a contract for 1 or 2 years. Typically, they get one day off per week (Sunday) and two weeks annual vacation with transportation home provided by their employer.

You may find it very difficult to visit her in the country where she is working. Some of these countries may have tighter travel/visa requirements or be in some kind of turmoil as in current Libya. Their employers are sometimes very leery of foreign visitors because they know you are there as a potential marriage partner who wants to take her away from her employment. Also, depending on her employer, you may only be able to see her one day per week, on her day off. Because of her employment duties, she may not be readily available for frequent phone or Internet communications.

The best way to visit would be during her (2 week) annual vacation in the Philippines. This may typically be at Christmas time and you will also be competing for her time with her family and friends who haven’t seen her for a year.

Being that she is working overseas, you can assume that she is sending the majority of her earnings home to support her family. If you did take her away from her job and income, are you willing to step in and assume her financial responsibilities for her family in the Philippines? Are you OK with her eventually working here in the US and sending a big chunk of her paycheck home regularly?

If you do decide to petition her for a visa, there ‘may’ be a little more difficulty with her visa processing if she does that outside the Philippines, though this can sometimes be faster than processing in Manila. It depends on the country.

Another positive is the fact that she is living away from home. This usually means that she is mature, independent, accustomed to living in a different culture, familiar with foreign travel, and much less prone to homesickness issues that many men have encountered. Most will likely have a college education and a good command of the English language.

Just some things to consider…

Ray

Offline chris010

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 05:06:56 PM »
Thank You for the insight Ray :) Very much appericated.  Anyone else have any rating on any of the sites I mentioned?

chris

Offline Tanuki

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 09:07:45 PM »
I used Date In Asia (DIA) and found a very nice Filipina that I have been talking with this past several months.  I hope to head over there soon to meet her.

Offline chris010

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 07:18:39 PM »
ok cool i will give it a shot.

chris

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 10:00:35 PM »
ok cool i will give it a shot.

chris
on any of those sites there are going to be a bunch of scammers. many are ez to weed through but some require more work. also if she has a low cut shirt she mite just be a bar girl.

good luck
piglett
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864