It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: In Medellin Now  (Read 20720 times)

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: In Medellin Now
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2013, 06:22:34 AM »
yeah..whatever man..3 Months skype and 1 month visit..then "I love you long time GI"..don't say we didn't warn you..best of luck anyway  pardner..

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2013, 06:25:35 AM »

Your right, when it comes to the INITIAL SCREENING PROCESSS...knowing her personally, not an 8"-1/2" X12" screen..then you live with her for 6 months to a year....then you propose..

thanks for those links, they look helpful.. I am doing some things to test the interest of this girl at the moment,  if she doesn't pass then it will be time to start over,  I am not as young as I look and I don't have time to mess around,  In my opinion you can get to know someone well by communicating through Skype and following up with a visit..  I can not think of one important thing that I did not learn about,  and I was able to get a gauge on important things such as reliability.  Some may call me impatient but I think 4 months is long enough to get to know someone,  I mean how complicated is it really to get to know someone?  If your in the market for something serious and the person has most of what your looking for then what more is there to know?  if one is not sure at this point then its probably best to just move on to the next candidate.

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2013, 08:42:05 AM »

Your right, when it comes to the INITIAL SCREENING PROCESSS...knowing her personally, not an 8"-1/2" X12" screen..then you live with her for 6 months to a year....then you propose..
I'm happily married to a Colombiana, but I'd say it's close to impossible to really know a woman till you live with her. You can visit her all you want, but even then you're just left with an estimate, an optimistic guess. Even if you live with her in her country, you still can't know how she'll react to leaving her world behind for a foreign country. This process is for guys who don't have a problem with risk and choose wisely...

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2013, 08:42:05 AM »

Offline the_ace33

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2013, 09:07:07 AM »
tests passed :o
tengo una esposa de medellin

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2013, 12:25:45 AM »
This process is for guys who don't have a problem with risk and choose wisely...
Or are willing to take the risks of choosing badly, take your lumps without whining, and learn better the next time.  It's not always a smooth ride.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2014, 08:42:52 PM »
Ofcourse this type of relationship has its risks, I don't think anyone has ever denied that.  But we have a lot going for us with compatibility and only being 10 years apart in age.  She is modern with a cell phone that has internet access where we are able to communicate every day,  and I have a real sense of how she lives her life, it is very normal,  She is in bed at 9 or 10 every night,  she goes to work and rides buses, goes to visit her other family, lives with her sister,  She goes to her little university and has already learned some English there,  She lives a simple life and that is how I like to live aswell,  It would be very hard to find an American girl without lots of baggage and a life that is more complicated than a thousand piece puzzle,  Sometimes you just have to evaluate what it is that you really want and then when you find it its time to give it a go,  I know that she likes to be organized and keep a tidy house which all fine and dandy,  I grew up with my mother being a neat freak so no one could be any worse than her,  My mom can give her a little office job to keep her busy and she is willing to buy her own car and seems to be sensible with money,  I know that we will have our problems just like any other couple but with respect and patience there is nothing that can not be resolved,  worst case scenario is she goes home after 3 months...  And I am out a few thousand bucks...  I am a lot more scared of getting linked up with an American woman with an ex husband and 2 kids and debt problems and daddy issues and all the other crap that has made me want to seek love in another country...  I guess thanks for the warning but this cowboy is going to enjoy the ride for better or for worse!

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2014, 01:45:54 PM »
So what's the verdict?  Are you moving to medallo, or is she moving to greenbough alabama?

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2014, 07:00:33 PM »
she is coming to American like Eddie Murphey!

Offline InnocentVixen

« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2014, 06:31:03 PM »

...  I guess thanks for the warning but this cowboy is going to enjoy the ride for better or for worse!

she is coming to American like Eddie Murphey!

What did I miss? proposed already?

I like the way you talk about her normal life and the connection even if I was a bit uncomfortable with the pictures and some other comments, but then again this is very much a guy's place so it's to be expected I suppose. I particularly like that while you seem to like her a lot you don't refer to her as perfect, but just a normal woman that you can picture a future with.

I hope things go well for you, sometimes it just feels right to take a risk.

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2014, 02:58:27 PM »
What did I miss? proposed already?

Well we have agreed to persue the K1 visa,   

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2014, 03:59:50 PM »
Well, I guess we can 'almost' say congratulations. Good luck!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline the_ace33

« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2014, 02:07:45 AM »
I like the way you talk about her normal life and the connection even if I was a bit uncomfortable with the pictures and some other comments, but then again this is very much a guy's place so it's to be expected I suppose. I particularly like that while you seem to like her a lot you don't refer to her as perfect, but just a normal woman that you can picture a future with.

I am kind of surprised, I thought everyone liked pics?  yeah there were some strange comments .. we almost opened the virginity can of worms .. but I do not remember saying anything offensive,  atleast I did my best not to.

Offline Awesome

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2014, 09:29:51 PM »
I am kind of surprised, I thought everyone liked pics?  yeah there were some strange comments .. we almost opened the virginity can of worms .. but I do not remember saying anything offensive,  atleast I did my best not to.

I'm surprised too.  I thought they were nice pics of a nice, respectable looking girl.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2014, 09:29:51 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats