It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Where Should I Stay in Cali?  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Hector_Lavoe

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Where Should I Stay in Cali?
« on: June 15, 2018, 12:13:43 AM »
I am heading to Cali in July. Looking for some input on the best neighborhood to stay for meeting hot calenas! 

As of right now, I have two hotels reserved and can cancel either one up until July 1st.

First one is the "Aqua Granada Hotel" located in Barrio Granada. CaliPro suggested this one a few years ago.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/AQUA+GRANADA+HOTEL+CALI/@3.4588874,-76.5389486,16.07z/data=!4m7!3m6!1s0x8e30a66e4901506d:0x8bfacb10fc3a4658!5m1!1s2018-06-15!8m2!3d3.456633!4d-76.535568

Barrio Granada is described by this guide as one of the best in Cali: safe, walkable with lots of restaurants, bars, boutiques, etc. 
http://blancavalbuena.com/top-neighborhoods-cali-colombia/

The other hotel is Hotel Spiwak Chipichape which has the advantage of being next to the Chipichape Mall. I lean toward the first option but I am open to any suggestions.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hotel+Spiwak+Chipichape+Cali/@3.4754299,-76.5329026,16z/data=!4m7!3m6!1s0x0:0x3c31bb2d7c847b58!5m1!1s2018-06-15!8m2!3d3.475794!4d-76.5297269

I want to be located where there are lots of opportunities to approach women in public: malls, boutiques, sidewalk cafes, bars/restaurants, etc.

Offline buencamino2

• Trips: Resident
Re: Where Should I Stay in Cali?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 05:36:59 AM »
Those are both good choices, especially Granada for sidewalk cafes etc.  You may find more approachable girls on the street in Barrio Tequendama at least during lunch hour. It has the Imbanaco hospital complexes and endless doctors´ offices so is full of nurses and girls related to health services. Also worth spending an afternoon at La 14 Calima shopping center. It has tons of locales and lots of pretty girls milling around. Apart from Chipichape other good centros comerciales to spend time at are Palmetto Plaza (mid town) and Unicentro and Jardín Plaza in the south.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 05:42:06 AM by buencamino2 »

Offline Dan Las Vegas

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:10:27 PM »
I like the Marriott, stayed there in February.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:10:27 PM »

Offline Wildstubby

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 07:43:58 PM »
You know, I never had the balls to go up and talk to a woman I never met before and I am 57! My hat is off to you Hector!

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 08:22:10 PM »
^^W.S. At 50 I am not too far behind you and only approach when the moment seems right. But hopefully I will be extra motivated in Cali.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 08:28:43 PM »
Those are both good choices, especially Granada for sidewalk cafes etc.  You may find more approachable girls on the street in Barrio Tequendama at least during lunch hour. It has the Imbanaco hospital complexes and endless doctors´ offices so is full of nurses and girls related to health services. Also worth spending an afternoon at La 14 Calima shopping center. It has tons of locales and lots of pretty girls milling around. Apart from Chipichape other good centros comerciales to spend time at are Palmetto Plaza (mid town) and Unicentro and Jardín Plaza in the south.

Thanks for the tips B.C. Some good suggestions.

How is it that the girls in Barrio Tequendama are more "approachable" than in say Granada? More working and middle class than the upper crust (read: snobby) chicas in Granada?

Last but not least, that area appears to be not too far from Siloe which I hear is a pretty rough area? As I recall, the parents of DanLasVegas's lady live in Siloe.

Is Barrio Tequendama safe during the day?  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 08:30:20 PM by Hector_Lavoe »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 08:32:15 PM »
I like the Marriott, stayed there in February.

Thanks Dan. Yeah, the Marriott is very close to the one I am considering.

I know you aren't in Cali looking anymore....but I take it you like the neighborhood?

Offline buencamino2

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 08:56:34 AM »
Héctor ÿes¨to your first question and Tequendama is perfectly safe during daytime which is when the health worker girls would be about. I go there all the time for my checkups etc. In fact two blocks south of the Street entance to the clínica Imbanaco there is a university that caters to lower income students (unlike say Javariana). I think it´s called Universidad Antonio Narino (Carrera 41 at Calle 5B or just ask when you´re close) . There happens to be a kind of panadería right next to the entrance where students buy coffee or gasiosa. A good place to sit and you can strike up conversations with universitarias as they leave their clases.

Siloe is up on the hillside west of the city and far away from Tequendama.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 09:09:43 AM by buencamino2 »

Offline Wildstubby

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 08:58:57 AM »
Its funny, the more I think about this. I am a firefighter and a HAZMAT technician. I won't think twice about running into a burning building to save a life. Or donning a fully encapsulated Level A HAZMAT suit and wading into 'methylethylbadshhit' up to my nuggets. But talking with women, even mildly attractive ones, there the knot forms in my stomach and all I want to do is run and bury my head in the sand!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 09:01:21 AM by Wildstubby »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 09:28:08 PM »
^^W.S. Interesting. I've never run into a burning building. I do get those knots in the stomach...but I guess over the years I learned to ignore them.

@B.C. Thanks for the info/clarification!

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 06:09:17 AM »
WS

Get a Colombian friend to be a "wingman". They have no calms about aproaching women or getting rejected.

He can make the initial approach and introduce you. And you dont have to make a fool of yourself.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2018, 06:12:55 AM »
The other problem with approaching women blindly, is 50% of the time they coulsd be married, or have a boyfriend, or single mother with 2 or 3 kids.
But still doesnt hurt o increase your social skills-just talk to people- in bars, stores (clerks) restaurants-wherever-and go from there.

Dont jus blindly walk up to a woman in the street,

Offline Calipro

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2018, 04:54:38 PM »
The other problem with approaching women blindly, is 50% of the time they coulsd be married, or have a boyfriend, or single mother with 2 or 3 kids.
But still doesnt hurt o increase your social skills-just talk to people- in bars, stores (clerks) restaurants-wherever-and go from there.

Dont jus blindly walk up to a woman in the street,

I would not cold approach any women that I couldn’t make eye contact with first

And don’t ever approach women in a club that is with guys

The best wingmen are other women

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2018, 04:54:38 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr