It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Day 1 Cebu  (Read 2205 times)

Offline crashfirepm53

Day 1 Cebu
« on: May 16, 2010, 11:05:41 PM »
Well my trip started off badly. I think I posted on it but basically, AA delayed my flight 6 hours. As we landed in San Fran, I watched the China Air 747 take off. Not good. I had to buy another ticket so I arrived in Manilla 24 hours later.

China Airlines was great. The put me in the open row without me asking so I had plenty of legroom on both legs of my flight. We had 2 meals, both were pretty good. From Taipei to Manilla, each seat has a private screen to watch free movies or games in flight. I watched Avatar.
In Manilla I had plenty of help by security in getting a ticket to Cebu. I had to go to the main office to buy a ticket from Cebu Pacific. You can't buy a ticket in the airport. Very strange I thought, my bull[snip] meter was set.

Taxi takes me to main office what is really just a small travel agency. I'm pissed. Flight was 5500 pesos. Only available. I said I paid 1600 before but this fair is no good. She said I could go to the main office at the airport but price is the same.

Hmmm............ now I thought I was at the main office, WTF. A little Tag was exchanged, back to taxi to airport. As I got in the taxi, I told the driver I don't apprecite the BS, and trying to tak my money cuz I'm an American.No answer....... I said your trying to screw me a nd everybody makes a little right? That's BS.. No answer. I asked the fair at the airport. He said I can pay whatever I wanted to pay.LOL. I got a ticket for 3000 pesos and to Cebu I was omw in 25 minutes. The airport setup sucks. You have to get checked by security just to enter. Takes time.

Sheena was waiting for me as I arrived. Very pretty, thin but very shapely figure for being thin. The PH boys love her and always whistle. At first she was very shy. Didn't know what to do. 20 minutes later she warmed up and would hold my hand. An hour later she was glued to me!! We had a room at the Diplomat, nice, nothing fancy and plenty around. The looks we got in Cebu were obvious but fairly minimal but that would  change soon.

We took a stroll to Robinsons mall. Looks in creased here.Everything mostly is cheap. We will shop for clothes soon. We have yet to have a meal over 850 pesos for both of us, including a few drinks and even a 3rd meal sometimes.

Went to bed fairly early. The next day we were going to San Miguel at her parents for a meet and greet. I bought a pig which was cooked by the time we arrived. Travel there is an adventure. I'll start there next.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Day 1 Cebu
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 06:03:32 AM »
Well Crash,

Glad you finally 'landed'! Things can only get better from here, I figure. Did we forget to tell you about the taxi cab merry go round there? Remember to try and have exact change, that way, when you get a 40 peso fare and you only have a 1000 peso bill, he doesn't get a 960 P tip! A little late now, but at airports, (and in some other situations) deciding before you leave on the fare is smart--or insist to go 'by meter' and make sure he starts it.

Oh--and check to see if each time he beeps the horn, that it's not rigged to make the meter jump 20 pesos!

re:   >>Sheena was waiting for me as I arrived. Very pretty, thin but very shapely figure for being thin. <<

Hey, don't forget in the USA, the saying is "You can never be too tan, too thin or too rich" hey, two outta three ain't bad!
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Ethan14

• Royale with cheese
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 06:31:15 AM »
Sounds like your finally having fun on your trip Crash. Good to hear! I'm looking forward to reading about day 2.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 06:31:15 AM »

Offline Dave H

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 08:27:15 AM »
Hey Crash,

Congratulations, you got out on Manila and made it to Cebu! Have a great trip!

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 09:53:18 AM »
Hi Crash,

Happy to hear that you are now in The Philippines.

It sucks that you had to buy tickets again. This is one of the main reasons I try to fly all the way thru on the same airline as airlines don't assume responsibility for missed connections on two separate tickets even if it is not your fault.

At least you did get to enjoy the long haul portion of your flight. Most of the Asian airlines do have a good AVOD system & they do feed you.

As for the taxi fare - everyone who is about to go to The Philippines, please take notice. It have been mention a few times before but we tend to forget.
Always negotiate/ask for the fare BEFORE you get in the cab or better yet take a meter cab. At most of the locations an arm guard will hand you a piece of paper with the cab number on it - you can give feedback/turn that paper in if you get ripped-off by the cab driver.
There were a few times that the driver in the cab we were riding in had to give his drivers license to a cop at a check-point & I think that the driver would later get his license back (a day later?) if there is "no incident".

>>Oh--and check to see if each time he beeps the horn, that it's not rigged to make the meter jump 20 pesos!<<
I  did notice that at certain checkpoints, a guard/cop would tap on the meter with his stick, I always wonder what that was for.

Now, enjoy the rest of your trip - we will be waiting for your reports.
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 10:17:39 AM »

Good advice kfc!

If anyone of you has ANY trouble in Manila, like a taxi driver ripping you off, get the number of the cab and contact a uniformed cop or call 116 (911 upside down) and ASK FOR THE TOURIST POLICE!

These guys don’t mess around. Just mentioning “Tourist Police” to a cab driver will sometimes scare him into treating you properly.

Also, if you have your hotel doorman call you a cab, you are much less likely to get ripped off.

Ray

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864