Forum > Latin -> Trip Reports

Trip Last Week To Capurganá

(1/9) > >>

buencamino3:
Made another trip to Capurgana last week. This was my fourth trip (first was in 2004) and lots has changed. This is the same place Expatriado reported on a while back. On my previous three trips the lodgings were called Almar. Under new ownership about three years ago it changed to Nautilus which seems to be a chain since they have a Nautilus in Nuqui as well. Regarding changes well the last time I went about six years ago there were two motos in the village. This time there were loads of them as well the three wheeled pickup bed versions and at least one big tractor that came lumbering down the beach one morning. The reason the motos are mentioned is that there are no road connections to the village yet. Vehicles are brought in by boat. However at least there are no cars (yet). If there were they’d probably put about a hundred kilometers on the odometer in a year.

On the first morning we hiked along the coastal trail that goes north to Coquita from the beach in front of the hotel. The last time I went I found the yellow and black poison arrow frogs in shaded and vegetated places along the trail. My photo from prior visit wasn’t so sharp and I was hoping to get a better one but no luck. Not a single frog appeared. We returned along that trail to take photos for my companion’s Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat etcetera etcetera two days later away from the madding crowd on the beach in front of the hotel. In fact the place was pretty packed with vacationers from all over, also unlike my last visit. The afternoon was spent snorkeling and just digging the warm, crystal clear waters of the Caribbean. There were some schools  of colorful fish but little corral  so the snorkeling was nothing like Isla Providencia where it’s spectacular. The next day we did the hour long hike back to the waterfall. This is one of the tours but I already knew the way so we went while the other arrivals were on a tour someplace else, Sapsurro probably. On foot you have to cross a clear creek about six times and we did our best (well she is far more agile than me) to rock hop to avoid changing from wet to dry shoes every time. At every crossing there were Jesus Lizards (common basilisks) so called because they can race across the surface of the water for several meters when they’re young and not too heavy. There were no other visitors at the waterfall which was my plan so we had privacy to take photos with no gawkers about. Then more snorkeling in he afternoon.

The next day we’d run out of new trails with out going a long ways off so went back to the first one for photos as mentioned above. In the afternoon she sunbathed and I swam out to the island pictured in one of the photos. There wasn’t much to see until getting to the boulders at the base of the island where there were bigger fish swimming in and out of their hideouts but I couldn’t poke around as long as I’d have liked as the sea got a little rough and I had to avoid getting smashed against those rocks.

The hotel, for anyone who wants to go is fine. The beds are comfortable and the AC is strong but the electric went out for short periods every night we were there. No idea why. As Nautilus the hotel is pretty much just like it was when it was Almar but somewhat less classy. The Almar would serve wine every evening at the buffet dinner but not the Nautilus. There were also evening activities like dances and karaoke before which I hated (my companion at the time insisted on participating while I wanted to go back to the room and screw) but also toad races on the beach that everyone would bet on which were fun. They were a favorite of Vanessa Mendoza, the first Black Miss Colombia when I saw her there years ago. None of that at Nautilus though so nothing to distract from going back to the room and getting it on.

Now by great coincidence ;)  for Aweshucks sake I just happened to find pictures of the girl in my avatar which just happen to be at taken at Capurgana ;) . (She’s had a bit of breast enhancement since the trip to Isla Providencia). With all her followers on Instagram who see the pictures I take of her I decided no harm in posting a few here for Ashucks. Should he choose to Expat can verify the location.

The hotel grounds

By the trail north to Coquita

The waterfall

mambocowboy:

--- Quote from: buencamino3 on February 25, 2017, 06:45:54 PM ---Made another trip to Capurgana last week. This was my fourth trip (first was in 2004) and lots has changed. This is the same place Expatriado reported on a while back. On my previous three trips the lodgings were called Almar. Under new ownership about three years ago it changed to Nautilus which seems to be a chain since they have a Nautilus in Nuqui as well. Regarding changes well the last time I went about six years ago there were two motos in the village. This time there were loads of them as well the three wheeled pickup bed versions and at least one big tractor that came lumbering down the beach one morning. The reason the motos are mentioned is that there are no road connections to the village yet. Vehicles are brought in by boat. However at least there are no cars (yet). If there were they’d probably put about a hundred kilometers on the odometer in a year.

On the first morning we hiked along the coastal trail that goes north to Coquita from the beach in front of the hotel. The last time I went I found the yellow and black poison arrow frogs in shaded and vegetated places along the trail. My photo from prior visit wasn’t so sharp and I was hoping to get a better one but no luck. Not a single frog appeared. We returned along that trail to take photos for my companion’s Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat etcetera etcetera two days later away from the madding crowd on the beach in front of the hotel. In fact the place was pretty packed with vacationers from all over, also unlike my last visit. The afternoon was spent snorkeling and just digging the warm, crystal clear waters of the Caribbean. There were some schools  of colorful fish but little corral  so the snorkeling was nothing like Isla Providencia where it’s spectacular. The next day we did the hour long hike back to the waterfall. This is one of the tours but I already knew the way so we went while the other arrivals were on a tour someplace else, Sapsurro probably. On foot you have to cross a clear creek about six times and we did our best (well she is far more agile than me) to rock hop to avoid changing from wet to dry shoes every time. At every crossing there were Jesus Lizards (common basilisks) so called because they can race across the surface of the water for several meters when they’re young and not too heavy. There were no other visitors at the waterfall which was my plan so we had privacy to take photos with no gawkers about. Then more snorkeling in he afternoon.

The next day we’d run out of new trails with out going a long ways off so went back to the first one for photos as mentioned above. In the afternoon she sunbathed and I swam out to the island pictured in one of the photos. There wasn’t much to see until getting to the boulders at the base of the island where there were bigger fish swimming in and out of their hideouts but I couldn’t poke around as long as I’d have liked as the sea got a little rough and I had to avoid getting smashed against those rocks.

The hotel, for anyone who wants to go is fine. The beds are comfortable and the AC is strong but the electric went out for short periods every night we were there. No idea why. As Nautilus the hotel is pretty much just like it was when it was Almar but somewhat less classy. The Almar would serve wine every evening at the buffet dinner but not the Nautilus. There were also evening activities like dances and karaoke before which I hated (my companion at the time insisted on participating while I wanted to go back to the room and screw) but also toad races on the beach that everyone would bet on which were fun. They were a favorite of Vanessa Mendoza, the first Black Miss Colombia when I saw her there years ago. None of that at Nautilus though so nothing to distract from going back to the room and getting it on.

Now by great coincidence ;)  for Aweshucks sake I just happened to find pictures of the girl in my avatar which just happen to be at taken at Capurgana ;) . (She’s had a bit of breast enhancement since the trip to Isla Providencia). With all her followers on Instagram who see the pictures I take of her I decided no harm in posting a few here for Ashucks. Should he choose to Expat can verify the location.

The hotel grounds

By the trail north to Coquita

The waterfall

--- End quote ---
BC  what a stunner!

Awesome:

--- Quote from: buencamino3 on February 25, 2017, 06:45:54 PM ---

--- End quote ---

These photos prove absolutely nothing.  I used to THINK you were lying about your avatar being your real girlfriend, now I KNOW you're lying.  Do you want to know how I know you're lying?  Let's see if someone else figures it out...

And I hope you don't think that if expat "verifies the location" that does anything to convince me that you're not lying.  I could post photos of Giselle Bundchen on the beach in Fiji, that doesn't mean that I took the photos or that I know her in person.  Jeez guy, I can't believe that you have the nerve to keep this fantasy avatar girlfriend lie going..

buencamino3:
Thanks Mambo. Aws I'm glad you like the photos ja ja...

fathertime:
You are a very good photographer.  Having subject matter like your woman makes it less of a challenge.

Fathertime! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version