Forum > Latin -> Trip Reports

My Trip to the Dominican Republic

(1/1)

dolphin:
Hey everyone! How's it going Sisko?

I got back yesterday from Santiago, DR. Wendy and her mother, sister, and brother were at the airport to pick me up. It was very nice to meet Wendy at the airport. When I arrived (at 9:30 pm), Wendy suggested to me that I stay at her house for the evening. I said, "great with me." The next day, Wendy made breakfast for me and then went to work (she is a pre-school teacher) I thought that was very, very nice. That day, I stayed at the house with Mom and talked to her with my broken spanish. When Wendy got home from work, I was so glad to see her and gave her a hug and a kiss.

Well, at about 5:00 pm, I asked Wendy if we could go look for a hotel for me to stay in, however, she said that she had a better idea? I said, "what do you mean?" Wendy then said, "My family and I would like it if you stayed here with us, in our home." I thought that was great, but I also thought it would be a bit difficult staying there for two weeks. To make a long story short, I stayed with Wendy and her family and it was great. Wendy's mother cooked some really great Dominican food that I've never had before. The only negative experience I had there was when Wendy's mother took a live chicken and slit its throat. That same chicken was served for dinner that night. I couldn't eat it. But overall, It was nice. I fell in love with the family, and they with me. What a great experience.

Wendy is a very special woman. She went out of her way to make me feel comfortable in her home. She was very polite and made me feel special during the whole time that I was there. When we visited her sister, who has two children, Wendy interacted really nicely with them. I saw that she was good with children and that's a big plus. Two days before I left for home, I asked Wendy if she would marry me? She said, "SI, si, si, si, of course I will!"

Dolphin

JaySlo:
I love the people in DR and the experience you describe with Wendy's family is typical. I lived in Puerto Plata and Santo Domingo for approx 5 months a few years ago. I had a great time!
We wish you the best and keep us updated.

Hoda:
Best of luck to y'all & do keep us informed & on how guys should consider the women from DR...

Hoda

bjsisko:
Hey Dolphin, you just described my 4th trip to the DR, with my THEN Novia.  I waited until trip * TEN * to pop the big question however. :-)   I had the same experience with my Mother-In-Law, she insisted that I stay at the house instead of the resorts.  While my Novia was at work, she cooked various meals for me.    While I was eating my breakfast, she was ALREADY working on lunch.  And I couldn't even THINK of saying "No Mas, No Mas"

Maaaaan,  I must have gaied 10 pounds that week!!!  Her mother couldn't talk to me too well, but I'll be damned if she didn't FEED me!!! :)

Oh well, your trip reports sounded great, and brought back some pleasant memories.  Keep us up to date on your K1.

Sisko

John828:
It has been 3 years. What happened to Wendy?
Did you marry her?
Have you been back to the DR?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version