It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Heading to Cali in Two Weeks - For Real This Time  (Read 5717 times)

Offline Hector_Lavoe

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Heading to Cali in Two Weeks - For Real This Time
« on: July 09, 2013, 10:25:54 AM »
This will be my first trip to Cali, second trip to Colombia. As some of you may recall, I pulled the plug on a trip to Cali around the same time last year.  Not going to do that this time. This one is happening.

That said, this trip is also being planned somewhat on the fly as I am changing jobs for a better opportunity so I have to just take the time while I have it.

My possible plans for my one week stay in Cali:

1. ACG (All Colombian Girls): Been in contact with Ricardo's agency and they have a "Bachelor's Tour" planned for the week I am there. I have heard from the Cali vets on P.L. that his parties/tours are not that great. But I may well sign up just the same as I figure I want exposure to as many ladies as possible while I am there. If his tour/events are a bust I will just move on to Plan B. 

2. Colombian Cupid: I re-activated my account and have been contacting ladies. Given the flake factor you just never know how this will pan out.

3. Meeting Girls on the Fly:  While I am far from fluent I do know enough espanol to get by and will attempt to chat/meet girls I run into at places like the Chipechape Mall. This strategy has worked for me on trips to other Spanish speaking countries but it is often hit or miss so I will keep my expectations in check on this front. 

4. Salsa/Club Scene: I know the bar/club scene is tougher to meet girls because the Colombian style is to go out in groups and it is not a mix and mingle style like we have in the USA.  I have danced Salsa off and on for a few years so I know the basics. But I know the Cali style is VERY different. So maybe I will take a Salsa lesson or two to improve my chances when approaching ladies for a dance.  Any suggestions on good clubs to meet ladies?

Any of you Cali vets have any thoughts on using ACG for the Bachelor's Tour? Worth it to stay at their accommodations during the tour or just book a hotel separately?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:29:21 AM by Hector_Lavoe »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Heading to Cali in Two Weeks - For Real This Time
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 11:07:51 AM »
3. Meeting Girls on the Fly:  While I am far from fluent I do know enough espanol to get by and will attempt to chat/meet girls I run into at places like the Chipechape Mall. This strategy has worked for me on trips to other Spanish speaking countries but it is often hit or miss so I will keep my expectations in check on this front. 

4. Salsa/Club Scene: I know the bar/club scene is tougher to meet girls because the Colombian style is to go out in groups and it is not a mix and mingle style like we have in the USA.  I have danced Salsa off and on for a few years so I know the basics. But I know the Cali style is VERY different. So maybe I will take a Salsa lesson or two to improve my chances when approaching ladies for a dance.  Any suggestions on good clubs to meet ladies?

I think these will prove to be your best two options. I've said it time and time again, approaching women in Colombia usually has pretty good results if you are careful. Make sure you wait a minute and look around to confirm there's not a father, brother or a boyfriend lurking, and then just go for it!!! American Women have a tendency to reinforce our natural fear of approaching women we don't know. I always considered it a challenge, but I will admit that in the U.S., when approaching complete strangers, I usually got turned down. It gets to a point when you don't even care what her answer is. It's just the rush of approaching someone and not knowing what the outcome will be. It's always that one that says "yes" that makes all the "no's" worth it. And I've also made some very good female friends I've never been involved with. AW's can be really mean sometimes though. It's not enough for them to just say "no". They have to make you feel as if you had no business coming up to them in the first place; even if you're nice. And ESPECIALLY if they are with a group of friends. I walked up to a gorgeous Latina in Miami once at a pool party and simply asked if she was enjoying herself, what was her name and if I could make her a drink. She proceeded to explain to me why "a guy like me" shouldn't bother trying to date women that "look like her"...."especially in a town full of ballers (rich men) like Miami."

Colombian Women generally don't behave this way. They were brought up in a culture where it's accepted to lie to protect someone's feelings in almost all circumstances. You will much more often get a "lo siento...tengo novio" (even if she's not interested and it's a lie) as supposed to an outright, "NO!" And they will never try to belittle you or shatter your ego just because you tried. Most Colombian women I've approached in the past were extremely flattered by the way I introduced myself. No whistling. No hooting and hissing. Nothing that embarrassed them like so many Colombianos do.  Just an, "Hola me llamo bla, bla, bla, y creo que usted es la mujer mas hermosa que jamas he visto. Perdoname por presentarme asi. La intencion no fue asustarle, pero yo lo habria lamentado por toda la vida si yo nunca le hubiera conocido a usted."  Sounds cheesy doesn't it??!!! But the cheese works in Colombia! ESPECIALLY if she's just remotely physically attracted to you. The "I hardly know Spanish but I'm fighting through it just to talk to you" routine works wonders as well. Just make sure she sees you coming and you look nonthreatening. In a place like COlombia where women are usually the target of armed robberies, you may scare the living $#!T out of her (also something that's happened to me).

You're right about the club scene. It's very difficult to meet women that way. If you're with a clique of friends and they are with a clique of friends it's much easier. If you're alone, things can be quite awkward. Kind of like that nerd at the prom with no date. The Salsa Classes are an even better idea. Try to find a class in the evenings at a university as supposed to taking some from a professional instructor. At universities many are open to the public and they are usually full. Even though most of the class will be far from beginners. It's also an awesome opportunity to network and meet people who will eventually almost always invite you out once they see you are sincerely interested in learning. Buy a couple of bottles of Aguardiente and treat everyone to a fun night when you finally get out. The money you invest in picking up a few local associates is a great investment. Even if for future trips. I say associates because I can't stress enough that you can't trust anyone you're just meeting. Especially in Latin America. But if you're careful, sociable and friendly, Colombia is a really easy place to find people to hang out with.

I really hope you enjoy yourself. Cali is an awesome city with great people and tons of things to do.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 11:16:44 AM by benjio »

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 11:46:41 AM »
Yep, read what he wrote.. pretty accurate. My only additional advice is placing a newspaper personal advertisement and joining plenty of fish (it is free).
I get why a hot married woman would get annoyed in the states. But the single ones in many cases are so rude to men who are trying to connect with them... yet are so baffled as to why they are alone. Note Benjio didn't try and analyze the negative AW response he got... because who really cares.
I think Cali is a great place to date and have fun... not so sure it is the place to find the girl you want to bring back... but that's just my experience. You'll have fun though.
Also benjio is right about speaking poor Spanish. I used to butcher what I said a little bit on purpose when making an intro. They love a gringo's poor Spanish.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 11:46:41 AM »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 12:32:17 PM »

AW's can be really mean sometimes though. It's not enough for them to just say "no". They have to make you feel as if you had no business coming up to them in the first place; even if you're nice. And ESPECIALLY if they are with a group of friends. I walked up to a gorgeous Latina in Miami once at a pool party and simply asked if she was enjoying herself, what was her name and if I could make her a drink. She proceeded to explain to me why "a guy like me" shouldn't bother trying to date women that "look like her"...."especially in a town full of ballers (rich men) like Miami."

Colombian Women generally don't behave this way. They were brought up in a culture where it's accepted to lie to protect someone's feelings in almost all circumstances. You will much more often get a "lo siento...tengo novio" (even if she's not interested and it's a lie) as supposed to an outright, "NO!" And they will never try to belittle you or shatter your ego just because you tried. Most Colombian women I've approached in the past were extremely flattered by the way I introduced myself. No whistling. No hooting and hissing. Nothing that embarrassed them like so many Colombianos do.  Just an, "Hola me llamo bla, bla, bla, y creo que usted es la mujer mas hermosa que jamas he visto. Perdoname por presentarme asi. La intencion no fue asustarle, pero yo lo habria lamentado por toda la vida si yo nunca le hubiera conocido a usted."  Sounds cheesy doesn't it??!!! But the cheese works in Colombia! ESPECIALLY if she's just remotely physically attracted to you. The "I hardly know Spanish but I'm fighting through it just to talk to you" routine works wonders as well. Just make sure she sees you coming and you look nonthreatening. In a place like COlombia where women are usually the target of armed robberies, you may scare the living $#!T out of her (also something that's happened to me).

A respectful compliment to a Colombiana is never a bad thing. Unlike some gringas, they are flattered. If you notice, Colombian men are great sweet talkers. Even the taxistas will call my wife "amor, mi corazon, mi vida," etc., even though they just met her and are just giving her a cab ride; if you spoke that way to a gringa you didn't know she'd probably get pretty nasty...Also, in Colombia, women actually go out to have a good time, whereas it seems some gringas go out with their girlfriends to see who can be nastier in humiliating guys who hit on them...

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 02:32:58 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.

I think these will prove to be your best two options. I've said it time and time again, approaching women in Colombia usually has pretty good results if you are careful. Make sure you wait a minute and look around to confirm there's not a father, brother or a boyfriend lurking, and then just go for it!!!

I really hope you enjoy yourself. Cali is an awesome city with great people and tons of things to do.

Benjio: Cool. Thanks for your input. Good to hear that.

One general comment is that many people I know think this whole effort (wife/novia hunting in Colombia) is kind of nuts although they are supportive. 

Even I will admit that I have moments when I think, "Damn, I am going all the way back down to South America just to potentially meet a girl whom I have not even met yet!  I am gainfully employed, in reasonably good shape, have a full head of hair, treat others with respect, etc. What the heck am I going to all this trouble for." 

But then I think of those dark skinned beauties speaking sweet things in espanol and I remember why...!! 

Offline V_Man

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 07:48:03 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.

Benjio: Cool. Thanks for your input. Good to hear that.

One general comment is that many people I know think this whole effort (wife/novia hunting in Colombia) is kind of nuts although they are supportive. 

Even I will admit that I have moments when I think, "Damn, I am going all the way back down to South America just to potentially meet a girl whom I have not even met yet!  I am gainfully employed, in reasonably good shape, have a full head of hair, treat others with respect, etc. What the heck am I going to all this trouble for." 

But then I think of those dark skinned beauties speaking sweet things in espanol and I remember why...!!

Obviously I am no longer in the hunt. However if I was, I think I would struggle to take western women seriously any more. She would need to be plently of assests to loose in any relationship breakdown for starters. There are some good ones out there but when I weigh all the pros and cons I think the crazy guys are those that are getting serious with a women raised under a feminist ideology (read western women). The ones travelling are the rational ones IMHO. If I could not afford to travel to a non-western country then I am not sure why I wouldn't simply stay single.

Offline mambocowboy

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »
Obviously I am no longer in the hunt. However if I was, I think I would struggle to take western women seriously any more. She would need to be plently of assests to loose in any relationship breakdown for starters. There are some good ones out there but when I weigh all the pros and cons I think the crazy guys are those that are getting serious with a women raised under a feminist ideology (read western women). The ones travelling are the rational ones IMHO. If I could not afford to travel to a non-western country then I am not sure why I wouldn't simply stay single.
I feel sorry for my gringo friends married to gringas. I really do....

Offline fathertime

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 09:01:49 PM »

My possible plans for my one week stay in Cali:

1. ACG (All Colombian Girls): Been in contact with Ricardo's agency and they have a "Bachelor's Tour" planned for the week I am there. I have heard from the Cali vets on P.L. that his parties/tours are not that great. But I may well sign up just the same as I figure I want exposure to as many ladies as possible while I am there. If his tour/events are a bust I will just move on to Plan B. 

I used ACG back in 2004 and stayed with Ricardo a couple more times afterwords.  If things are still the same he will put some good looking ladies in front of you, but not all of the ones on the website, maybe some of the website ladies are shills and others are not too serious about marrying.  You will  get to figure out who is who.
I had a good time with the agency, and based on what you said about yourself you should have no problems enjoying the ladies and maybe finding a keeper.

Good luck,
Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline benjio

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 12:30:41 AM »

I used ACG back in 2004 and stayed with Ricardo a couple more times afterwords.  If things are still the same he will put some good looking ladies in front of you, but not all of the ones on the website, maybe some of the website ladies are shills and others are not too serious about marrying.  You will  get to figure out who is who.
I had a good time with the agency, and based on what you said about yourself you should have no problems enjoying the ladies and maybe finding a keeper.

Good luck,
Fathertime!

To FT's point I've met a couple of gringos at Jamie's during the last couple of years that were pretty much of the same opinion with respect to ACG. The owner produced some good looking ladies but none of the girls they chose from their website showed up. Probably one of the best things about Jamie's is he doesn't use really attractive women on his website that aren't actually available to attract business. If she's on his website you can rest assured she will be notified of your interest...even if someone from his staff has to hand carry a printed version of your profile to her residence. Of course whether or not she's interested in you after the fact is a different story.

You will see far more "traffic stoppers" in Cali outside of the agency scene. The city definitely has it's fair share of working girls but they are easy to spot. The big fake boobs, liposuctioned waist, the huge bubble butt, hair extensions, etc. The best thing about pay-for-play girls in Colombia is most of them make significant "investments" in their chosen careers. Unfortunately they are the girls that are most receptive to being approached on the fly. But there are still tons of good women looking for something serious there. As I mentioned before, the university scene will probably be your best bet. The girls are young, but all of them have older, single cousins and aunts they'd love to introduce you to. You just have to find an "in."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 12:33:18 AM by benjio »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 07:38:44 AM »

Good luck,
Fathertime!

Thanks for the input Fathertime. I spoke to Ricardo's contact in the U.S. and as it turns out there will be no "Bachelor's Tour" while I am there.  But I will work with Ricardo's agency on an individual basis while I am there.  I figure every angle I can find helps.

Offline stnmasn

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 07:16:08 PM »
Last september I visited  Ricardos ACG in Cali.....i found it  to be not a bad option for meeting girls ...  it was kinda weak,,,,, .  Meager office/lounge area..... I am not surprised that the "bachelors tour" isn't happening.... It didnt seem to me like ACG would be capable of organizing something like that.

That being said...  The girls that i did choose to meet with did show up and were prompt, receptive, and very nice. They would have been worth pursuing had they been a little hotter.  I didnt really see one one his list of most recent and  available girls that was super hot.   Also negotiate with him on price and what you will receive for your money .

As has been previously posted... outside of the Cali agency scene are also many opportunities,,,,, use common sense and trust your intuition as far as the girls are concerned. And use common sense and trust your intuition as far as the city is concerned.

I have yet to invest time breaking into the university scene but i am sure it is a great resource.

Have a fun and safe trip.

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 11:09:47 AM »
the best agency in cali was a place called cali charm. the owner of this forum had a beef with them, but realistically for the gringo traveler they were the best service to go with. These days you have to pay by the date.. you can't count on anything.
If you are trying to make the most of your trip these are some things you can do. Pick a local hotel that is known for customer service and cleanliness. The reviews online really help. Pay a little more for the customer service and if they go out of their way tip them. It is also great if there is a café in the area so you can walk to your first dates.
Your hotel should help you with two things... getting you a cell phone... placing a newspaper advertisement as these things need to be done before you arrive. You could even arrange a deal (I have) so they answer the phone/take calls for you a day or two before you get there. But you need to handle these costs and tip them upfront. If your Spanish is bad you may need to handle it through email or pay someone to answer calls. Or you can tell them to text you and use a translator.
It always seems like a great idea to get an "in" with the university crowd. I actually disagree as the real challenge is to get that in with the professional women that recently graduated. The college grad, professional, English speaker is an even bigger challenge to track down.
If you want an "in" at the university... you need to hire a university girl.... which wouldn't be that expensive at all. Let her network for you and pass out business cards.
If I go back to Costa Rica, and another single buddy was with me looking... I'd help him track down some older kids to network and pass out business cards. 2 kids with business cards in Heredia, Costa Rica around all the bus stops in the morning and then again after work (something they can do around their school hours).... that would be huge.
Business card should include a small (color or b&w) picture of you (make it a professional picture/well dressed) your local cell phone number in costa rica... your info (age, height, etc)... it should also include the city you are staying in... a little note that you are a professional from the states and you are muy sincera and looking for a serious relationship.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline buencamino

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »
If you are interested in Ricardo's but want better digs than he has to offer there's a nice hotel  two blocks from his agency (and on the same side of Avenida Sexta)  Manager's email and phone: eburgos@hotelesinnova.com cel 317 643 9755 or www.hotelsinnova.com. I haven't stayed there but I looked at a room once and it looked nice. There are other hotels nearby, two Spiwaks, one in Chipichape and Hotel MS. All within walking distance of his agency but further away. All inluding Innova are upscale. There are some nice restaurants accross Avenida Sexta from Ricardo's including the one in the Spiwak there.

I would absolutely skip any tours he has to over. They have always been the biggest cause of dissatisfaction with his agengy. Instead just pick girls off his agency page and if possible from the part of the page where it says recent signups or something like that. Reason being that a lot of the girls on the main page have been in the agency a long  time and may no longer be interested or are pretty jaded. In the time before your trip I would work the cupid sites for all they're worth. 

One week is a really short visit. You should try to make the next one longer.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 03:24:02 PM »
Last september I visited  Ricardos ACG in Cali.....i found it  to be not a bad option for meeting girls ...  it was kinda weak,,,,, .  Meager office/lounge area..... I am not surprised that the "bachelors tour" isn't happening.... It didnt seem to me like ACG would be capable of organizing something like that.

That being said...  The girls that i did choose to meet with did show up and were prompt, receptive, and very nice. They would have been worth pursuing had they been a little hotter.  I didnt really see one one his list of most recent and  available girls that was super hot.   Also negotiate with him on price and what you will receive for your money .

Stnmasn:  Thanks for the heads up and the info. Good to know one can at least expect some dates from ACG.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 03:44:45 PM »
If you are interested in Ricardo's but want better digs than he has to offer there's a nice hotel  two blocks from his agency (and on the same side of Avenida Sexta)  Manager's email and phone: eburgos@hotelesinnova.com cel 317 643 9755 or www.hotelsinnova.com. I haven't stayed there but I looked at a room once and it looked nice. There are other hotels nearby, two Spiwaks, one in Chipichape and Hotel MS. All within walking distance of his agency but further away. All inluding Innova are upscale. There are some nice restaurants accross Avenida Sexta from Ricardo's including the one in the Spiwak there.

I would absolutely skip any tours he has to over. They have always been the biggest cause of dissatisfaction with his agengy. Instead just pick girls off his agency page and if possible from the part of the page where it says recent signups or something like that.   

Buencamino: Thanks. Yes, the bachelor's tour is off (not enough demand). What you say is also what I've heard from others on P.L. They pretty much suck. Better off to deal with ACG on an individual basis. That is what I will do.

As far as places to stay, I was thinking about staying here as my first option:
http://www.aquagranada.com/
It was a suggestion from Calipro last year. It is within easy walking distance to lots of bars, restaurants, lounges, etc.  It is about 2 miles from the Chipichape Mall I think.  Not sure how far it is from ACG's office.

V_Man had suggested this one last year because it is an easy walk to Chipichape.  Since I will be focused on meeting girls in the daytime that could be a good option.
http://www.hotelesms.com/hotel-estacion-chipichape.html

Anyone have any thoughts on these or any other places....I am open to suggestions.

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 11:12:21 PM »
I stayed at Cali Plaza Hotel each time I visited Cali. Good location, they have cell phones for you to use, owner is gringo named Claude. Super nice guy. He has good recommendations for restaurants and other things. His staff were cool too.lots of good I fo from them as well. Place was always crawling with sweet looking women who were hoping to meet gringos. Great location.

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 08:52:52 AM »
Thanks for the tip AB. How long ago was the last time you stayed there? (I know your wife is from BAQ).

Also, what do you mean the hotel was crawling with girls looking to meet gringos? Was there a bar/lounge that brought them there in the first place?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:15:09 AM by Hector_Lavoe »

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 08:20:02 PM »
Let's see, the last time I was there was almost 4 years ago I guess.

Because the owner is gringo and the hotel has a great web presence (www.caliplaza.com), it seems like many of the people staying there were gringos. It has a small bar area on the first floor. It is right across the street from another nice bar to party at...El Viejo Barril (check it out on Youtube videos). It is located right off Avenida Sexta, which is one of the best places to party in Cali. It is located near many fine restaurants in Barrio Granada. So you add that all together and it makes for a nice starting point for any guy coming to Cali for the the first time. The ladies know this, so they strut their stuff up and down the street in front of the hotel in hopes you will strike up a conversation with them or something. As a matter of fact, Claude the owner was just starting weekly free English/Spanish classes when I was there last time. So any women that were hoping to get hooked up with a gringo, would come for these lessons and the guys would get some Spanish tutoring as well.

After you have been to Cali a few times, you would probably be better off looking for a nice, furnished condo...there a quite a few there last time I was contemplating going there for another visit. But for a rookie, or someone without much Spanish capabilities, it is a good place to start.

To give you an example of how nice they are, one time I arrived there very late at night, I wanted to get something to eat and hit the clubs, but when I went to use my ATM card it did not work. It was too late to call to get it all ironed out at that time, so I just went back to the hotel. When Claude saw I was coming back early, he asked what was the problem. After I told him, he fronted me a chunk of cash so I could go out, and told me I could pay him the next day. Not too many places are going to do things like that.

The hotel itself is very small.

I would recommend getting a suite though if you go there. The regular rooms are too small. The suites have nice leather sofas, flat screens, kitchen, fridge etc. so you can invite girls up to have some drinks, hang out for awhile before or after going out to eat. It looks a lot better than if you just have a hotel room with a big bed, nowhere else to sit and then ask the girl to come up for awhile.

Offline buencamino

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 07:46:44 AM »
Claud sold his hotel some months ago. It is now owned by Colombians. If you are interested in picking off univrsitarias a good place is the  Universidad Autonomo De Nariño down at Calle 15 con Cra 37. It is a "popular" university used by a lot of barrio girls. What's good is there's a panaderia virtually right next to the entrance door where you can hang and talk ro them as they come out. It's a couple of blocks from the big Imbanaco medical complex so lots of nurses, receptionists etc. in the area too.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:13:31 AM by buencamino »

Offline benjio

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 09:04:45 AM »
.....a good place is the  Universidad Autonomo De Nariño down at Calle 15 con Cra 37. It is a "popular" university used by a lot of barrio girls. What's good is there's a panaderia virtually right next to the entrance door where you can hang and talk ro them as they come out.

OOOUUUUIIIIFFFFFF!!!!! BEEN THERE! Freaking gold mine at any time of day!!!!!  ;D

Offline Hector_Lavoe

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 05:38:55 PM »
Buencamino/Benjio:  Thanks for the tip guys.  Sounds like a good place to check during the week when the nightlife is slower.    Is the location a safe/good part of town?

Offline benjio

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 09:28:43 PM »
Buencamino/Benjio:  Thanks for the tip guys.  Sounds like a good place to check during the week when the nightlife is slower.    Is the location a safe/good part of town?

Mmmmmmm....not what I'd call security central; but it's always full of people. If you get robbed hanging out there, in front of the entire world, it was just meant to be. There are the standard Colombian Rental Cops the school pays for but believe me when I say if something happens they aren't doing $#I+!!! You're much more likely to be pickpocketed than robbed in an area like that though. I've never seen or heard of much violent crime around AUNAR. Believe me, there are places in Cali that are A LOT worse. I'm always paranoid and observant in Colombia anywhere I am. I've noticed a lot shady figures around that university from time to time...definitely not students and definitely not men that were employed if you get my drift. The barrio nearest to it has a lot of dark back alleys too. I forget what it's called. Anytime I'm alone and a group of men are starring at me it raising a huge red flag and that's definitely happed to me around there. Probably my fault...I usually dressed nice to impress the university girls. Jijiji.

Offline buencamino

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 01:09:38 PM »
When I'm down in the vicinity of Universidad Autonomo De Nariño and Imbanaco it's always in the daytime and I wouldn't consider it dangerous at all. I suppose maybe for a girl flashing a high end Blackberry but that's about it. There have probably been more murders lately in shopping centers like Chipichape and Palmetto Plaza. A place I've gone to that is dangerous is the Galaria Santa Elena but if you look like you know what you're doing and where you're going you're alright. One place I completley avoid even in a car is the area in El Centro called "La Olla". There was a big police push lately to clean it up but I still won't go there. The only reason you would go there is there are some cheap furniture outlets on the fringes but there are plenty of safer places to shop.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 01:09:38 PM »

Offline JamesDonut

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »
This may be a bit off topic (not sure), what about going to church to find chicas?
Revel In the Past, Party In the Present, Save Donuts for the Future.

Offline benjio

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 06:31:59 PM »
This may be a bit off topic (not sure), what about going to church to find chicas?

In Colombia? In a Catholic Church. How exactly would you pull that off?

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 128