It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Tribute to Pete E  (Read 39241 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • Russian Women Discussion
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Tribute to Pete E
« on: August 18, 2006, 10:10:02 AM »
In grateful memory of Pete E and his many contributions to this board, and others, over the years, I'd like to invite you who knew him - through personal meeting or via the board - to offer your comments of what Pete meant to you.

In terms of his participation at Planet-Love and Goodwife, there is no more prolific contributor than Pete. I see his first posts appear in June of 2001, and in the ensuing years, he contributed nearly 5000 posts to the board.

If any of you have any particularly memorable posts by Pete, please feel free to re-post them. You can search the archives for his posts - more than 40 pages of them - by visiting this URL -- http://www.goodwife.com/smf/index.php?action=search - you will need a search term, so use something ubiquitous like the letter 't' - and search for user: Pete E

Finally, events such as this remind us all that there are more important things than discussion boards and petty annoyances. All bans are permanently lifted in order that ANYONE who wishes to contribute to this tribute to Pete may freely do so.

Sadly,

- Dan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mod Note: This was added on 8/27/06
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pete E's son Wrote:
I will either wire the money to her on a monthly basis or send her an ATM card that she can use anytime she likes.

Wells Fargo is located in twenty-three states. So, anyone that wants to make a contribution can go to any Wells Fargo bank and make a deposit directly into the account. Alternately, you can mail a check to me and I will deposit it into the account. Just write "Donation For Beatriz" in the memo section of your check. I could not set the account up in her name with out her providing Identification and signing a signature card. I set up a new account with my name and the title "Donations for Beatriz".

My address is:

Barry Eiguren
2530 Calma Ct.
San Jose, CA. 95128

Please provide donations to: “Donations For Beatriz” Wells Fargo Acct. 7733382365

Or mail them to:

“Donations For Beatriz” c/o Barry Eiguren
2530 Calma Court
San Jose, CA 95128

Please note that we are also trying to arrange a PayPal account for Beatriz. While this takes more time and coordination, we wanted to be able to do as much as we could for her quickly. Please check back about the details of the PayPal account.

Sincerely,

Barry, Susan and Christa Eiguren

By "check back," anyone can do so by visiting a link the family has set up for Pete here:

In Memory of Pete Eiguren

Information for direct donation to Beatriz:

Here is her information in Colombia, all confirmed:

BEATRIZ MARIA CASTRO
DAVIVIENDA BANK
ACCOUNT # 017370039509

Her Email: beticas36@hotmail.com
Her other email: beatriz.beticas36@gmail.com

If you are going to send the wire from a US bank you'll also need the following info besides her name and bank account #:

Beneficiary's Bank: Banco Davivienda SWIFT CODE: CAVDCOBB

Receiving Bank: Citibank SWIFT CODE: 021000089

All wires from the US to Colombia are sent throught Citibank. It's mandatory that you have the SWIFT codes for both the Colombian bank and Citibank in order for the wire to be sent.

Offline Jamie

• Commercial Member
    • http://International-Introductions.com
RE: Tribute to Pete E
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 11:27:08 AM »
You will find few men as revealing of themselves in their quest for a good woman as Pete was. His chronology of posts has lessons for all and ends in triumph.
Engage the Exotic - Latin Women
http://International-Introductions.com

Offline ITESM

• Probie
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 12:33:20 PM »
On behalf on the Rodriquez family we offer in this brief post, our prayers and sentiments for the family members of Mr. Pete Eiguren.

Pete and his family were kind enough to offer a supportive environment for my wife and myself ....even prior to our marriage now of 5 years via his social events at his home in San Jose, California.

We will continue to remember Pete's famous gleaming smile which always best described his sincerity and generous character.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 12:33:20 PM »

Offline sean126

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 01:10:37 PM »
I'm a new comer here and I didn't know Pete personally but I can see that he was well respected and enjoyed life.  
I wish to offer my prayers and sympathy to his family for their grief and loss.  The important qualities of Pete will continue to be with his family and friends as they remember him throughout life.  He will continue to be a part of them because he has undoubtly touched their lives in a positive way.  I believe life is not what we take, keep or acquire, but what we give of ourselves and from some of the responses I've read...Pete was generous with his "self."

I am reminded of a country song that says...."Heaven only cries for the living, because they are so far from home."   I pray that Pete hears "Well done, good and faithful servant.....WELCOME HOME."  

« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 01:15:52 PM by sean126 »

Offline Avispa

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 03:07:51 PM »
I never got down to Cali to visit him, but I've read his posts since day one. He was a very interesting man. We shared an interest in libertarian politics, used to email each other.  I'll miss his posts. Damn shame. Rest in peace.

Offline Califan

• Probie
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 03:40:36 PM »

Pete was a great guy.  I stayed with him for a week at his condo in Cali and it was if we were two old friends.  I had followed his posts and had much respect for the type of guy he was.  He was the same type of guy in person.  

He was very happy with Beatrice.  It is a shame that they did not have more time together.  

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 03:42:34 PM »
Goodbye Pete. Thank you for being our friend.

- Jeff

Day is done
Gone the sun
From the lakes
From the hills
From the sky All is well,
safely rest.
God is nigh.

Fading light Dims the sight
And a star Gems the sky,
Gleaning bright From afar,
Drawing nigh,
Falls the night.

Thanks and praise,
For our days,
Neath the sun,
Neath the stars,
Neath the sky,
As we go,
This we know,
God is nigh.

Offline Georgina

Adios Buen Hombre
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 04:14:18 PM »
Pete,

You were a brave and generous man. All you went troughout your life didn't get the best of you. You always talked generously about people even about the ones who didn't reciprocate your kindness. You always had good faith in people. Good bye kind man.

Offline Patrick

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 04:14:46 PM »
I never knew Pete personally, but I know he affected the lives of many men interested in finding love with a Latin woman.  He was the most prolific poster of all time on these forums and his openess in sharing personal details on both his successes and failures with Latin women no doubt opened many men's eyes to the possibilities and pitfalls of the process.  He opened his home in Cali to many of the forum members over the years and no doubt offered great advice as well.

Judging from his actions, he was a bold man who did not shy away from making difficult decisions, nor did he waste time in self-pity.

Adios Pete

Offline corv

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 04:47:17 PM »
   Wow, I am a lurker on this board and have been for MANY YEARS.. I am completely shocked. Pete, was a great man. I followed many of the things he spoke about in his post. I had the opportunity to meet him in his home in Cali and he actually made me lunch. Great guy to sit down and have a conversation with. He will be MISSED......Corv

Offline littlebhuddha

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 05:25:58 PM »
Pete was at our wedding in Cali. We got together everytime I was in Cali. He was a great person. My wife thouhgt the world of him. He was a friend to everyone on this board. I never heard him say a bad word about anyone; even those who flamed him. This is truly a sad day. Pete, I will raise my glass to you many times tonight.

Offline soltero

• Trips: 4 - 10
A Eulogy for My Friend
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »
This quote has been attributed to a Native American Elder:

"Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil.
The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog, all of the
time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and
replied "The one I feed the most."

Personally, I have two dogs inside of me as well, and the thing that scares me most daily is which one would win in any given situation. I try to only feed the good one, but the bad one seems to stay strong no matter whether he gets any food or not. Pete E was the type of person that, if he ever had a bad dog in his personal fight, it must have withered and died from malnutrition long ago. I have met few individuals in this life that radiated the kindness that Pete did.

People tend to think that when others get over on you, that makes you somehow stupid or gullible. It is a twist in human nature to almost ridicule those who are kind hearted and giving. The real twist is, that is not the nature of the divine, and when a person's scroll is read that final time, I doubt that the powers that be will be as concerned with how you were treated by others as much as how you treated them in
turn.

Who is the bigger idiot? The one who holds out their hand to help or the one that bites it? Pete E was a great man. Maybe not in the ways that people have been taught to respect, but in the ways that people should be taught how to be. In the time I have known Pete, I have never seen him do anything but try to help anyone in any way he could. I know that he helped me just by allowing me to read his posts in the beginning, and then allowing me the honor of getting to know him personally. When I first found the forums, and I was going through the issues with my ex, Pete's story was the one that helped me through it, and let me know that my experiences were not something I could not get past.

He took an enormous amount of ridicule, but he continued posting his story, and I am glad he did, because the guys patting themselves on the back and only posting their successes have nothing to offer to those that are still searching like those kindred spirits brave enough to explain the pitfalls, especially by example.

Pete was the most optimistic person I know and always ready to take a chance on someone without fear of what it might do to him personally.

He truly believed in the good in people, and I am sure that as his scroll is read, that will be first and foremost along with his incredible capacity for generosity. Beatriz is another excellent
person, and I was very happy that these two had the opportunity to find each other. What saddens me most is that they will not have the time to enjoy their love in the way that Pete had planned. I am happy, however, that this great soul had the opportunity to see what true love was like before he left us. I hope that one day I will be that fortunate.

Pete, wherever you are, you have left your mark on more people than you could possibly realize, and we are all the better for it. Godspeed through the gates, and I hope that your destination is worthy of someone as special as you are.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 06:54:24 PM by soltero »
Live as if you will die tomorrow, Plan as if you will live forever...

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 06:33:55 PM »
Pete was a prince. Adios, amigo.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 06:33:55 PM »

Offline Dan Las Vegas

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 08:18:41 PM »
Having not read the board for the past couple of weeks, I logged on this evening and was stunned by the news of Pete passing. While I never knew Pete personally, we exchanged emails on occasion and he was always helpful with advice and optimism. I learned a lot from him and he will be greatly missed. My condolences to Pete's family and friends and of course to Beatriz. I'm so glad that Pete and Beatriz found each other and discovered the happiness that they both deserved even if only for a short time.

Offline Nectar

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2006, 07:04:33 AM »
I never met Pete, but know several people that have and all were in unison in their admiration and respect for the man. I have never seen an outpouring of love and respect for a person in all my years on the net as I have seen for Pete on this forum and the other. Truly incredible.
I am trying to reach a friend up in Canada that lived with Pete for a while several years ago to inform him.
Also someone in Cali should inform Margareth from LE. I know Margareth and Pete were very good friends for a while and she would be very moved by his passing.
RIP Pete.

Offline Beattledog

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 07:14:49 AM »
Since  Pete lived in Cali, I think the moderator of this board would not object if one of the agency or agencies got together in Cali, and decide to have a weekend party in honor of Pete, for what he has done for this board and bringing many couples together.  Even though, I never meet Pete, I think that he will look down from Heaven , enjoying seeing how people have remembered him on this weekend.

Beattledog

Offline Hoda

No one gave more.....
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 07:27:46 AM »
No one gave more....

Of themselves, than our brother Pete! No one asked for less in return, than our brother Pete! Many of us here have never met you face to face, but your impact on our lives can't be measured by mere pixels on a screen. Pete, you've been a fighter & believer of living life to its fullest since your first post. This is not a good-bye bro! Hell No! We'll always have our memories of you & when we need to hear your words...we'll always have your posts!

This is not “good-bye” bro….just a pause until we meet again.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum / Out Beyond Ideas of Wrong doing & Right doing, there is a field....

I'll meet you there...

Offline Gary Bala

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 09:04:10 AM »
My heartfelt condolences to Pete's family and Beatriz. I have met Pete and Beatriz several times in Cali, and always enjoyed Pete's conversations and hospitality when I visited, as well as his many, many thoughtful posts on these discussion boards over the years. It seems as if it is the end of an era. He will be missed.

Farewell Pete, and good journey to God's final destination.
Web: www.garybala.com
E-Mail: gb@garybala.com
Tel: 610-446-(VISA) 8472

Offline Red Clay

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 11:50:50 AM »
What a big loss to this and other forums, and to his many friends and family. Was the surgery considered risky, or was it some sort of freak complication during/after?

Edit- I just found the answer to my question about his last few days on WLC. Looks like he managed to post as recently as Tuesday.

Georgina mentioned it and I concur. Pete's greatest quality, IMO, was his ability to be kind and diplomatic even to those who were unkind to him. He was so slow to wrath, so generous, wish we all could be. I never met him but always wanted to. I'm so glad that he found love before he had to leave us. God Bless Pete and Beatriz.

Happy trails, podner.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 02:30:52 PM by Red Clay »

Offline zack

Goodbye my friend Pete...
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 12:37:41 PM »
Although I have never met Pete I feel like someone in my family has died.  I didn’t think I could feel so sad about the death of someone whom I never met. But as someone said before, Pete had that effect on all of us. He was a giver, a motivator, a helper, a true friend to even the most unlikable of people, and a relentless pursuer of the woman of his dreams which ultimately ended in victory. Pete had more than his share of setbacks in this endeavor and yet continued to pursue his dream. He withstood the criticism of others and continued to be helpful and kind to people without becoming bitter. He had a lot of reasons to complain but never became a complainer. He had many reasons to quit but never became a quitter. He had many reasons to start fights in the forums but he never became an instigator. He remained a great guy to the bitter end.

I plan to give my novia an engagement ring next month. If I could turn back time I would get on a plane with my novia immediately and visit Pete for the first time. Now I will never get that chance (my fault). It is a shame that we take so many things in life for granted until it is too late.  But when someone as classy and admirable as Pete passes on, he never is completely gone because he lives in the hearts of others. Pete surely will live in my heart as will the kind, nonjudgmental advice he gave me over the years. If there is a heaven, there is no doubt in my mind that Pete is there.

When I think of the life of Pete a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson comes to mind:

“To laugh often and much;  To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded…”

Pete, you died a VERY successful man. Goodbye my friend. You will be greatly missed.

Zack

Offline FanMan

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2006, 12:53:31 PM »
Though I never got the chance to meet him, I appreciated his advice that he gave me from day one, and his honesty in speaking on any issue.  After lurking for about a year, his willingness to put forth his life online to help others, was the primary factor in my joining PL. I wish Beatriz and his family the best.
DieHardRaidersFan

Offline Red Clay

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2006, 03:49:06 PM »
Quote from: Dan

In terms of his participation at Planet-Love and Goodwife, there is no more prolific contributor than Pete. I see his first posts appear in June of 2001, and in the ensuing years, he contributed nearly 5000 posts to the board.

Actually Pete, Hoda, Myself, and many others were posting as far back as 1999. The records of those posts got lost in some of the occasional changes to the board. Patrick could probably give more accurate info on this.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 03:49:52 PM by Red Clay »

Offline Landover

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2006, 04:06:12 PM »
As a lurker and occasional contributor for 5 years, am shocked to just hear about Pete.   Reminds of how fragile life is.

He did it his way.  He will be missed.  May god wrap his loving arms around his son and Beatrice.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2006, 04:06:12 PM »

Offline Bueller

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2006, 05:59:53 PM »
  So sorry to hear about Pete. I did get to meet him, about a year ago. I had just moved back from Brazil and he was back temporarily from Colombia, and passed through Seattle on his way cross country. Never would have thought that he would be gone so soon. A kind, civilized, and very open and giving person.

Offline papi

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2006, 06:20:24 PM »
Zack, I am delighted to hear of your engagement.  It is a shame our friend Pete isn’t around to share in the joy but life goes on.  I think we all are a little shell-shocked from his hilarious "Poopies Ho" commentary just a few days ago to the tragic turn of events but like I said we all must move forward.  I do have some concerns about Pete’s novia but hopefully that will be worked out.  If I could breakeven, I’d take over the lease and she could stay there and manage Casa Pete but I don’t think it is even a breakeven proposition.  I will look forward to hearing more on her well-being.  Goodbye Pete, Fondly El Papi
Red Bull may give you wings, but if Flakes could fly - BAQ is in fact an airport

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 338