It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Last Minute Preps Before Bogota Interview!!!  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Alabamaboy!

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Last Minute Preps Before Bogota Interview!!!
« on: May 23, 2010, 11:43:36 AM »
We are making the final preparations for the embassy interview. I have been reading on www.visajourney.com that there usually is a pretty big problem with the 156 form that needs to be shown at the Banco Helm. Seems as the Colombian Passports are a bit messed up and they have a number beside the person's photo, but that number is not the passport number, it is simply the cedula number. And that the real passport number is the number that is on all the pages written with the little holes.

So many people are being turned away from the Banco Helm and told to come back with a blank form which needs to be filled out and signed in front of the bank people. Is that true?

How long did you spend dealing with the folks at the Bank? What other documents need to be presented there? Just the appointment letter, 156, Passport, Cedula?

Any other last minute advice? She will be arriving Sunday afternoon, and will have 2 full days for medical, Banco Helm, and labs.

Do you know if Banco Helm is open all day? Or closes at lunch time like many banks in Barranquilla?

Unfortunately I will not be going to the interview. We have been studying a lot and she knows every single question I can think of so I think we should be OK with that and with the supporting proof of relationship.

I gave her the choice of whether she wanted me at the interview or when she travels here to the States because of the cost and time issues, and she preferred when she she travels. I am having her mom travel with her though to Bogota.

I know I may be stupid in doing so, but I am very positive about our chances and just bought the tickets to travel to the States for 22 days after the interview. I did not want to wait a longer time and then pay double the price at the last minute looking for flights, or worse yet, have all flights be filled and then have to wait another month or so for us to be together.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864