It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Dominican Republic: Anyone have any recent travel experience???  (Read 7960 times)

Offline Alabamaboy!

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Dominican Republic: Anyone have any recent travel experience???
« on: February 24, 2010, 12:18:21 PM »
I am almost at the end of my rope with the second serious relationship with a Colombiana. And I am a bit burned out on Colombia on whole. The women there seem to be in one of two groups: super high maintenance/arrogant or lazy/ignorant. They do have other good qualities though, but have not outweighed the other things in my experience. I think the common denominator with all of them though (at least the ones I met) was that they were not really motivated to leave Colombia. They loved their lives there on the Coast or in Cali.

I really love morenas though. And I was searching through latineuro.com and seems to be a ton of beautifullllll morenas there and many of them speak English and have well worded profiles.

I have searched some of the archives here and there does not seem to be much info available and that which is here seems to be from guys who were just down there to play or for business or whatever. And were not really seaching for wife material in Santo Domingo or Santiago.

I would appreciate any info you could give.

PS: anyone looking for some great, "boots on the ground" reports from BAQ can PM me. I have a lot of experience there, and may be able to help you out with specific questions.

Offline Henry

• Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Dominican Republic: Anyone have any recent travel experience???
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 01:21:17 PM »
DR has tons of morenas. Everyone who has been there says they are dumb as a box of rocks though. I havent been there personally, since I'm not looking for a morena.

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 01:58:53 PM »
The only thing I am interested in is if they at least have the capacity to learn a little English because I have kids. If they cannot learn it, or cannot be intelligent enough to see that they need to make it a pretty big priority, then they are over the limit on the "dumbness/laziness scale"

That is why I am pretty impressed with the listings on latineuro.com, because many of them say that they know some English. You would think that would be pretty much the first thing the girl would think of if she was planning on dating a gringo or joining an agency, but especially in Colombia, the obvious is not always so easy for many of these girls to grasp.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 01:58:53 PM »

Offline Henry

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 02:17:12 PM »
The only thing I am interested in is if they at least have the capacity to learn a little English because I have kids. If they cannot learn it, or cannot be intelligent enough to see that they need to make it a pretty big priority, then they are over the limit on the "dumbness/laziness scale"

That is why I am pretty impressed with the listings on latineuro.com, because many of them say that they know some English. You would think that would be pretty much the first thing the girl would think of if she was planning on dating a gringo or joining an agency, but especially in Colombia, the obvious is not always so easy for many of these girls to grasp.
Sure, but will she stay once she gets here?

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 03:25:44 PM »
Whether a girl stays with you or not, is an entirely different topic. I like the way Fathertime talks about the situation with foreign brides, you get your foot in the door with these women because you are gringo. But that does not necessarily mean they will stay with you. Once you are married, it is like being married to anyone else. If you are an AHole, then they will probably leave you. But if you are a nice, funloving, relatively in good shape guy, I think you have a good chance for a lasting relationship if you can provide at least a middle class lifestyle to your wife.

I don't think there are a lot of girls out there that have their master plan to be to leave all their family, friends, social networks there, to come here with a guy, just to leave him and then run off with someone else. I think that is a myth. But I don't doubt that happens if the guy does not handle his business.

And to cut down on the odds of that happening, you need to be honest with yourself whether you are dating out of your league or not.

Offline utopiacowboy

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 08:41:02 PM »
I corresponded with a Dominicana for a while. Her English was good and she had a good job as a manager in a call center. She also had three kids by three different men. I would go there for a good time but never for a wife.

Offline Henry

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 09:20:12 AM »
Yes, other countries have morenas. Venezuela, Brazil, Panama, Honduras, Haiti. :)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 09:50:48 AM »
Hey Alabamaboy!

I've seen those DR gals and they look great to me too. 

My woman has been slow to learn English, but I haven't really considered it a big problem.  Lately she has been showing some motivation and studying on her own.  I figured I would just give her time and let it play out. 

Fathertime!

09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 01:43:46 AM »
FT: Yeah, there is absolutely zero English learning going on. And she has all day, everyday to learn it. And she does absolutely nothing all day now. Before she had a bit of an excuse because she was working for the aunt as a housekeeper and nanny.  But now she is not working anymore. She is at home all day because I call to the house phone with Vonage. And she is always there. I saw her family in action when I was there last month. They just watch telenovelas, sleep, hang out, gossip with the neighbors, all day long. There are four adult sisters and the mother living there. And only 3 children. So they don't do shi$ all day. And she does not have time to learn a few words of English to say a few things to my kids on the phone???? Forget it. That is off the charts laziness. It is sad because my little girl especially who is 3 keeps trying to talk to her on the phone and my fiancee cannot even say three words in English. Even though I told her that it is basically the only responsibility she has to me or anyone right now.

I have only been talking to these Dominican girls for two days now and they are obviously way ahead of the Colombianas in the areas of common courtesy, manners, and knowing what they want out of life. At least that is my impression after about 12 hours of chatting to 5 girls.

And most of them are gorgeous morenas.

Let's see how it all pans out.

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 02:05:54 AM »
I corresponded with a Dominicana for a while. Her English was good and she had a good job as a manager in a call center. She also had three kids by three different men. I would go there for a good time but never for a wife.

Bingo. It kinda sucks to have to generalize the whole country, but well I've already trashed the DR before. Its not just gringos... British women flock to the DR and American women to Jamaica. Too many girls looking to suck a green card and your cash from you straight from the start.

In my experience a lot of Colombian women are open to the idea or curious about the USA. Go try France if you want to see unopen.

You might look into La Ceiba. Flying into SAP is cheap, but then you either have to take a luxury bus or a connecting flight to La Ceiba. The bugs at night on the coast would be my worst complaint. But I really hate bugs.

If you put an ad in the paper in either San Pedro Sula or Tegucigalpa the response would be strong. There is even one agency in the country that would do it for you. I can pretty much say with one exception there are either really expensive hotels or really crappy hotels in SAP. You can find some nice budget ones on the coast though.

I can vouch for San Pedro Sula having a dangerous and seedy feel. Tegucigalpa would likely have the same feel. Same advice would stand that you would give someone visiting Cali.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline JimD

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 10:55:47 AM »
I think the Dominican Republic is not a good destination if you are seeking a woman with marriage potencial. Talking to a dominicano there one time he told me that unlike some of the other latin cultures where the men are notorious for cheating on their spouse/girlfriend in the DR the women cheat just as much as the men. I had a girlfriend there for a while but she was pretty transparent about wanting to get to the states no matter who took her. Actually I tried the DR before Colombia and I´d have to say I met a lot more sincere morenas in Cali than in the DR. But as has already been mentioned there are black populations to at least halfway down the  pacific coast of South America so you can find plenty of morenas in Ecuador and Peru.
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Offline Henry

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 10:58:50 AM »
Alabamaboy, maybe you need a more career oriented woman. One with her own established work history (proven to be anti-lazy).

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 12:52:05 PM »
Henry, exactly what I was thinking. I thought I had that covered with my the last one from BAQ because she was getting up at 515 AM to start the breakfast, get the kids ready for school, and worked all day there at her aunt's house as a housekeeper/nanny. And the house was clean and organized. And the kids loved her and were clean as a whistle too. But once she got out of there, she has been in a freaking coma for 3 months now. And before her excuse for not learning any English was that she did not have any time. Now that there is no excuse, it seems like she is just unable or something.

Whatever the case may be, she is blowing the whole thing. And the sad thing is that it is already my second try with the fiancee visa. And both were more or less for the same reason......extreme laziness from Costenas. Although in retrospect, the previous girl, who Fathertime and maybe yourself remember as the "evil ex", looks like a genuine Einstein, workaholic compared to this girl.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 12:52:05 PM »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 11:17:01 PM »
Henry, exactly what I was thinking. I thought I had that covered with my the last one from BAQ because she was getting up at 515 AM to start the breakfast, get the kids ready for school, and worked all day there at her aunt's house as a housekeeper/nanny. And the house was clean and organized. And the kids loved her and were clean as a whistle too. But once she got out of there, she has been in a freaking coma for 3 months now. And before her excuse for not learning any English was that she did not have any time. Now that there is no excuse, it seems like she is just unable or something.

Whatever the case may be, she is blowing the whole thing. And the sad thing is that it is already my second try with the fiancee visa. And both were more or less for the same reason......extreme laziness from Costenas. Although in retrospect, the previous girl, who Fathertime and maybe yourself remember as the "evil ex", looks like a genuine Einstein, workaholic compared to this girl.

Well buddy, one thing about the evil ex was she really ROCKED your world in other departments, if this gal is both unable to rock your world in the same way AND she is as lazy as you describe her then it seems you are making the right call in moving on.  No harm in taking your time if it doesn't feel right anymore.   

I can accept some laziness if I think a gal is just comfortable and happy with me, but there does reach a point where it is just not at all acceptable. 

So are you thinking of rekindling your romance with the evil ex? :D I bet you are!

Fathertime!
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Henry

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 12:57:26 AM »
"One who seeks will find, and for one who knocks it will be opened."

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 09:44:21 AM »
The evil ex is damaged goods now. She says she can never trust me again because I dumped her and then she saw me kissing my new girl at Buenavista last year. And since then she has not been able to think the same about me anymore. Even though in Sept. I saw her and she was 100% trying to "rekindle" things. She still calls me from time to time, and even calls my mother, speaking English! But she still has that Oprah attitude most of the time.

Her most recent call was a few days ago when she told me she had an accident where she "fell and hit her face on the floor breaking one of her front teeth"? I bet it was a new boyfriend that she popped off too with her attitude and he performed a little knuckle denistry, free of charge!

And the last time I was with her, she seemed to have aged 10 years in only one year. The body was still rocking, but it was like a Lamborghini that needs a tuneup, still faster than a Toyota Corolla, looks good, but very expensive upkeep, and can completely breakdown at any time. Not worth the hassle in my opinion.

Also the new girl is super good too in bed. But in a different way. She is willing. And has an incredible body. But usually I initiate everything.
The evil ex was completely confident and on an equal plane with me everything in the bed. Initiation, appetite, everything.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 01:23:56 PM »
     Well buddy, some of these gals are youngsters still in need of a little shaping.  I don’t know if it is smart to expect too much common sense/preparation from your average 20 to 23 year old gal.  Most of them don’t have a father around to give them guidance or any organizational skills.  That is not to say that once they hit the ground in the USA, they can’t be good wives in the future if they are receptive to listening and adapting.  I’d keep that sort of thinking in your mind if you choose a gal under 25 or so.  Often times I think it is a tradeoff youth/beauty for common sense/maturity.  If you don’t have the personality type that willingly adapts to these little irritations, just consider moving the gals up a few years in the age range.  As you know, I have a fairly young wife, so I’m learning to work through these little differences in how to handle things.  Usually it is not a problem and I don’t mind.

That evil ex does seem like bad news for you, especially since she is always somewhere in your thoughts.  The way you described the lady, it seems clear she has been sleeping around a lot and is probably going to be quite a reclamation project for somebody. 

Fathertime!
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Henry

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 01:40:31 PM »
    Well buddy, some of these gals are youngsters still in need of a little shaping.  I don’t know if it is smart to expect too much common sense/preparation from your average 20 to 23 year old gal.  Most of them don’t have a father around to give them guidance or any organizational skills.  That is not to say that once they hit the ground in the USA, they can’t be good wives in the future if they are receptive to listening and adapting.  I’d keep that sort of thinking in your mind if you choose a gal under 25 or so.  Often times I think it is a tradeoff youth/beauty for common sense/maturity.  If you don’t have the personality type that willingly adapts to these little irritations, just consider moving the gals up a few years in the age range.  As you know, I have a fairly young wife, so I’m learning to work through these little differences in how to handle things.  Usually it is not a problem and I don’t mind.

That evil ex does seem like bad news for you, especially since she is always somewhere in your thoughts.  The way you described the lady, it seems clear she has been sleeping around a lot and is probably going to be quite a reclamation project for somebody.  

Fathertime!
Maturation??

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 02:56:20 PM »
Yeah FT, I think pretty much along the same lines as you on so many issues. But there has to be a limit. I am not asking hardly anything at all from these girls. But they should be able to use a telephone book, use Microsoft Word if they have a business degree, be able to use a USB memory stick, things like that. I am not asking them to do anything more than maybe a 13 year old should be able to do.

My biggest problem is when they are literally crying and begging that you stay with them, and that they want to learn exactly what they are supposed to do, that they are ready, willing, and able, and you break it down to them in super detail, so there is no misunderstanding, and they still do not learn. They don't even make an attempt. That begins to drive me nuts after awhile. It is like there is no maturation process taking place. They are "stuck" at age 10 or something. And I have seen women in their late 40's like that also over there in BAQ. It is a strange phenomenon.

Man I grew up poor, and if I had chances like these girls, I would take advantage of it and learn exactly what to do. So I could have a better life. But it is almost like they are paralyzed by those hammocks and telenovelas there on the coast.

I have seen my ex in action at her work at an office. And her workmate tells me she is late every day and in a bad mood many times. That is just her nature. She never changes. The only reason she is ever in my thoughts is that she is a pretty hot morena and I have some kind of fetish or something for morenas. And she can speak English now.

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 03:01:22 PM »
One thing I have learned through my travels and relationships, the more darker/morena the girl, the better she has been in bed. I don't want to be racist or anything, but it has just been that way in my experiences. And not only on the coast, but in Cali, Bucaramanga, Florida, California, Arizona, Pennsylvania, everywhere.

And also the crazier the woman = the better the sex. I have even heard Chris Rock agree with me on that one!

All that being said, it does not help me out much in trying to find good wife material.

Offline Henry

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 06:00:28 PM »
One thing I have learned through my travels and relationships, the more darker/morena the girl, the better she has been in bed. I don't want to be racist or anything, but it has just been that way in my experiences. And not only on the coast, but in Cali, Bucaramanga, Florida, California, Arizona, Pennsylvania, everywhere.

And also the crazier the woman = the better the sex. I have even heard Chris Rock agree with me on that one!

All that being said, it does not help me out much in trying to find good wife material.

You noticed that too? When I was in Costa Rica it became blatantly obvious.

Light skin = cool. Darker skin = hot (passionate).

Quito is an excellent example of that as well. Mostly Caucasian peoples with not so much fiery passion as you would expect from Latinas.

Offline Zon

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 08:53:37 PM »
For female companionship, the DR rocks.

On the north shore, Puerto Plata; Cab / Sosua (it is all just one area that blends together)  they have many girls from Haiti - nubian princesses.   As beautiful as beautiful gets - but muy negra.   The women from Santiago live about 1.5 hours in the mountains - it is a very populated city with a blend of races.

The women are simple and will assume you are paying for their time.

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 11:16:28 PM »
Zon, that is interesting. When I was chatting with the Colombianas...I would guess at least 33% would directly or indirectly ask for money in one way or another, mentioning sick relatives, can't pay for school, or outright ask you for cash.

But so far, out of the the 20 or so Dominicanas I have chatted with, nobody has done that.

Maybe they are just more sophisticated in their "negotiations" whereas the Colombianas are more "hillbilly-ish".  But so far the beauty of the Dominicanas is outstanding, the manners and attitudes have been fine. But I have never traveled there yet.

Most of the girls are online tonight and are talking to me about what they want to cook me and things like that. The Colombianas are not online. Probably out partying.

My "fiancee" that I am ready to cut is at home again tonight, like always, but has not done anything that I have asked of her, like usual.

At this time it is looking like I am going to kiss Colombia goodbye forever. But let's see what happens. I will report here honestly what happens.

Oh...one thing I have noticed is that the Dominican girls, like the Colombian girls, assumed that I have a live in servant who takes care of my house. When I told them I do all that, they did not believe me. when I told them that a housekeeper here makes about $10/hour cash, they were astounded! But that being said, they all report that they are great cooks and would love to take care of the house and family if given the chance.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 11:16:28 PM »

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 12:23:44 PM »
I have seen my ex in action at her work at an office. And her workmate tells me she is late every day and in a bad mood many times. That is just her nature. She never changes.

That alone would be an immediate knockout factor for me.

Happiness 'immune to life events'

Momentous events in your life such as having children, or getting married, may make you happier, but only temporarily, say researchers.

Our basic happiness level essentially stays the same throughout adult life, the Economic Journal reports.

Economists from the UK, US and France based their conclusions on a 20-year analysis of the life satisfaction of hundreds of people from Germany.

Even after traumatic events, overall mood dipped but then recovered.

From here: http://www.abolitionist.com/darwinian-life/happiness.html

So unless you want to spend the rest of your life with a moody, unhappy person who is perpetually late, time to say "NEXT."

Offline Henry

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 02:30:17 PM »
That alone would be an immediate knockout factor for me.

From here: http://www.abolitionist.com/darwinian-life/happiness.html

So unless you want to spend the rest of your life with a moody, unhappy person who is perpetually late, time to say "NEXT."

I agree with that. A woman who is angry, unpleasant or moody most of the time is a woman to be avoided. No doubt about that. Mostly cause they want to infect others with their misery rather than trying their best to get over it.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 181