It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: I'm totally amazed  (Read 62205 times)

Offline thekfc

• No man was ever wise by chance. Seneca
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: I'm totally amazed
« Reply #400 on: January 24, 2011, 11:25:43 AM »
Hey thekfc,

I pay another Php 300 for my land line.

Dave
So that is about right - my wife pay 1200 pesos for DSL & land line combine
If we were all forced to wear a warning label, what would yours say?

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #401 on: January 25, 2011, 12:11:38 PM »
I have a neighbor who is a ladyboy...I suppose very convincing on the Internet. An Australian came to visit him several years ago. He was worried about the visit. Eventually he formulated a plan. He went to the airport dressed like a man (being his biological self), and brought along a pretty 18 year old niece. He told the Australian that his "sister" was very sorry, but had decided to marry another foreigner whom she had known for some time and was now in Manila. One look at the younger, cuter, 18 year old niece and the Australian never looked back. They married before he returned home. He bought a lot and built her a house. The niece eventually immigrated to Australia. Her "aunt" (ladyboy) now lives in her house in the Philippines.  ;D And they all lived happily after ever... Honest, I couldn't make stuff like this up!
just ask if she is a pointer or a sitter ;D :D ;D

pig
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline ignorante

« Reply #402 on: January 25, 2011, 02:26:10 PM »
Bill, thanks for posting about your experience.  Did the other poster (Dave?) really post a photo of Cris, or were you joking?  If so, where did he get it?  Apparently, this is a pretty active scammer.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #402 on: January 25, 2011, 02:26:10 PM »

Offline Jedironin

• Cautious... but hopeful.
« Reply #403 on: January 25, 2011, 02:30:53 PM »
^ Yes, that was a picture of Cris. There is a Facebook profile for "Kris" with the same last name with that picture on it... This is the profile Bill referred to earlier, that "Cris" claims is her sister messing around.

"Kris" also claims to be Engaged since last September.   :-\

Things that make you say, "hhhmmmm...?"   ???
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.

Offline Jhengsman

« Reply #404 on: January 25, 2011, 08:26:26 PM »
^ Yes, that was a picture of Cris. There is a Facebook profile for "Kris" with the same last name with that picture on it... This is the profile Bill referred to earlier, that "Cris" claims is her sister messing around.

"Kris" also claims to be Engaged since last September.   :-\

Things that make you say, "hhhmmmm...?"   ???

If my family is any indication Facebook profiles mean absolutely nothing, they all regularly change cities and personal status. At the moment thay are all picking European cities to call their present home. And the youngest mother has cycled through every status except divorced in a matter of two weeks.

Offline ignorante

« Reply #405 on: January 26, 2011, 08:53:16 AM »
Well, just so you know, Bill, a thread like this is far more educational than most of what one will read on this board.  We truly do appreciate you sharing it with us.  Sorry it happened, but at least the rest of us can learn from it.

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
« Reply #406 on: January 26, 2011, 09:58:56 AM »
Well, just so you know, Bill, a thread like this is far more educational than most of what one will read on this board.  We truly do appreciate you sharing it with us.  Sorry it happened, but at least the rest of us can learn from it.
That's for sure.  Usually topics that have lasting this long have been shunted over to a Flame Room for obvious reasons.  Despite the controversial topics going on through these pages (ladyboys, scammers, OS wars), it's remained remarkably civil.  No serious ball-busting.
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline Bill_McC

« Reply #407 on: January 26, 2011, 04:29:44 PM »
Well, just so you know, Bill, a thread like this is far more educational than most of what one will read on this board.  We truly do appreciate you sharing it with us.  Sorry it happened, but at least the rest of us can learn from it.

After I dug myself out of the emotional BS and the shame I decided that the only satisfaction that I would ever get from this experience was if I could stop even one person from ever having to go through it and to maybe get the word out and shut him down.

Yeah I agree theres more info here about high tech than anywhere in the old threads and the rest of the forums combined. :)

Bill
"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

Offline Jedironin

• Cautious... but hopeful.
« Reply #408 on: January 26, 2011, 04:32:38 PM »
"I'm totally amazed... by today's electronics!"  ;)

Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #409 on: January 26, 2011, 07:49:46 PM »
Despite the controversial topics going on through these pages (ladyboys, scammers, OS wars), it's remained remarkably civil.  No serious ball-busting.

Bob,

Some of the posters here have complimented Bill for being a stand up guy with balls of steel, myself being one.  He has proven himself to be a guy with high moral fiber and integrity and deserving of our respect.  We all make mistakes, Bill made one, he has learned a lesson (even as an experienced guy) and he is moving on with things.

Typically, only when you deal with difficult situations do you discover the true nature of a person.  This situation, regardless of the embarrassment and possible labels that may ensue, proved Bill, by the way he handled all the issues, to be a "stand up" guy.

In my opinion, flame rooms are for uncivil discussions and letting off a little steam.  Typically the flames start with name calling or labeling from some idiot(s) who has no opinion of his own, very little knowledge of the subject at hand and just simply likes to argue for the sake of arguing and never looks for solutions.  They always criticize and seldom offer any new or valuable insights.

Flames also start from trollers whose sole purpose is to rake up sh*t and cause disruption.

Finally, flames can start when a guy has really screwed up and make some horrible decisions, but, despite everyone disagreeing with him and his actions, is convinced he did the right thing.  Failing to provide any logic of justification behind his actions, he turns his guilt and anger outward and flames anyone who disagrees with his screw up.

Well, Bill recognized his errors and offered his experience as an example of what not to do! The success of this post as informative piece is solely due to Bill, and his willingness to open up, and everyone who posted with support, criticism and encouragement.  

In my opinion, this is P-L at its best, this is why I participate and post.

Zulu
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:00:01 PM by z_k_g »
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #410 on: January 26, 2011, 10:51:54 PM »

I agree with you Zulu, I don't often post on forums but when I do I post on PL.....stay thirsty my friends!

Researcher
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline ignorante

« Reply #411 on: January 27, 2011, 01:58:08 PM »

I agree with you Zulu, I don't often post on forums but when I do I post on PL.....stay thirsty my friends!

Researcher
  Love the new avatar!  Those commercials are great!

Offline Howard

• Anak ni Howard and Asawako
    • Big Daddy Site
« Reply #412 on: January 28, 2011, 08:57:56 AM »
Bill,

I got into this thread pretty late and have refrained from commenting until I had a chance to read the entire thread.

I am very sorry that you are going through this.  You certainly seem to be trying to do things properly and this just goes to show others that you can do your due diligence and still end up being duped, unfortunately.  I think you see the error in your ways even though yours were not huge in comparison to some of the ones we've seen on here over the years.  It just goes to show that even tiny red flags are red flags nonetheless.  Some can be forgiven, some can honestly be explained away, but none should ever be ignored.

I’m pretty proud of the guys on here.  In the past a story like yours could have gotten pretty ugly.  I think a lot of it has to do with your honesty and willingness to share your story openly, even with the embarrassing details.  My hat is off to you.  This WILL help others in their quests.  This board can not only be a great source of information, but good therapy as well.  When I have hit speedbumps in my process, I have been humbled and amazed by the way the guys here pull together and help one another.  Some here and some who are long gone have shown me kindnesses that I can only repay by helping others, so that is what I try to do whenever possible.

The past is the past and now you are moving on.  My advice is for your future endeavors.  As someone who was once in your shoes, I would like to offer a few words of advice and encouragement. 

You have and have had a great attitude, don’t let this change you.  You did just about everything correctly.  Learn from the mistakes you made, remember the red flags you ignored and proceed with this newfound wisdom.  Don’t go looking for red flags in each new lady that you meet.  If you are determined to find them you will.  If a red flag appears, address it and move on.  You have got to use  some discretion and logic in your search.  It may not be as fun as riding the whirlwind romance, but it will serve you better in the long run.  Don’t change your approach.  You made good choices mostly, you just picked the wrong person.  The right young lady is out there and you will make each other very happy.  Don’t let this situation jade you in regards to holding back your feelings when you meet the next one you think is “the one”.  Feel free to fall head over heels in love, just remember every now and then to take a deep breath and evaluate your relationship with a clear head.  I practically fell in love with Gerlie in our first 4 hour conversation.  I did my due diligence, corresponded for several months before setting a trip date and constantly kept my eyes open for trouble.  As soon as I see a red flag with her I’ll let you guys know :P  Nine years and counting!  LOL

Many of us found the love of our life while members of this board.  Take our advice with a grain of salt and blaze your own path.  In a short while this whole adventure will be nothing more than a quick detour in your journey.  I can’t wait to hear your success story!

Thank you for sharing your story!  If I can ever be of assistance to you, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Keep the faith!

H
If you dance with the devil, the devil don't change. The devil changes you.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #412 on: January 28, 2011, 08:57:56 AM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats