It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.  (Read 20298 times)

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
17 days? That is fast!

Are you sure that's not for a visitor visa (B1/B2)?

She should receive a packet with instructions for her medical exam and explaining which documents she will need for the interview. Then after she has everything together, they should send her an interview appointment.

How is she doing with her required documents/passport/etc.?

Offline BigBlock502

yes she has all her Documents, she got her passport right after I left in late January. I made copys of everything I sent to USCIS and sent to her and she confirmed of recieveing it, Were all good except for my knowledge on how to get her a plane ticket. Can I buy one here and have her pick it up at the airport there? I dont quite know how this works, as when I flew over there is was my first time ever being on a airplane! ha ha what a trip for your first time... it was great though... umm the 17 days thing I found in the link posted in this thread about the Ho CHi Minh embassy interview.. I dont know for sure if it was vistor visa or not, I need to double check this... I'll keep everyone posted with new news as I recieve it...

Mike...

Offline BigBlock502

well tell me if this is really saying only a 18 day wait? it says all other non immigrant visas 18 days...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wait/tempvisitors_wait_result.php?post=Ho+Chi+Minh+City&x=86&y=17

Planet-Love.com

Offline Ray

Mike,

Read the fine print. "DOES NOT include K or V visa applications"

Although fiancee visas are technically non-immigrant visas, the consulates process them the same as immigrant visas.

When looking up info on the consulate's Web site, always look under the Immigrant Visa branch, not the Non Immigrant Visa section. Likewise, if you have to contact the consulate about her petition, always contact the Immigrant Visa branch.

Why don't you phone or e-mail the IV branch at the consulate and ask what the typical wait time for a fiancee visa is running?

Ray

Offline william3rd

Yep- both K and V visas may be NIV but the intent is that the alien never have to return home so they are treated as IV for most purposes.
Wild Bill Livingston, Esq.

Offline BigBlock502

Ya I'm going to give them a call or email, thanks...

Mike...

Offline Ray

Let us know what you find out Mike. Hope you don't have too long of a wait...

Offline BigBlock502

Just got this reply today (July 9th) from the Ho Chi Minh Office.  Sent them my Email on June 29th

Mike...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Stehpens:

Thank you for your inquiry. Please be informed that we received the
 electronic file for your fiancée on June 15.  It usually takes one to two
 weeks for us to receive the physical file.  However, it takes
 approximately 8 weeks for us to process the case and update the information in
 our system due to the large volume of visa petitions we receive
 monthly.  We will send an Instruction Package (packet 3) to your fiancée at
 the earliest opportunity.

If you have further inquiries, please do not delete your original email
 and please include the complete case number (HCM XXXX-XXX-XXX) in all
 correspondence.

Sincerely,

Info Unit Staff
Consular Section
U.S. Consulate General HCMC
Tel:   (84-8) 822 9433 - ext 4636
Fax:   (84-8) 824 5572
E-mail:   hcmcinfo@state.gov  (regarding visa issues)
   acshcmc@state.gov  (regarding services for U.S. citizens)
Adoption: HanoiAdoptions@state.gov
This e-mail is UNCLASSIFIED based on the definitions provided in E.O.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 2:18 AM
To: HCMC, Info
Subject: Concerning Case Number HCMXXXXXXXXXXX

Hello, I am the petitioner Mike Stehpens. I have received a letter from
 the NVS dated June 14th that they were sending you a letter to
 schedule my Fiance'
an interview date. I was hoping you could tell me this date. Heres my
 concern, my family and I really really wish to have an outside wedding
 when Yen receives her visa and is allowed to join our family. I live in
 Idaho and our weather turns cold around first of October. I understand
 that you process applicants in the order you receive your documents but
 a in advance notice to me and my family would be greatly appreciated.
 I also wanted to add that if for any reason you would like to talk with
 me about any aspect of our relationship that I will go to any lenghts
 to make myself available for that conversation. I will leave my contact information below.

Thank you for your time.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 02:47:48 PM by BigBlock502 »

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
Yeah! Nice try and I hope it works, but unfortunately I think some gumment bureaucrat with a bad combover stuck in a cubicle in Ho Chih Minh city really doesn't care what your wedding plans are. 

- Jeff

Offline BigBlock502

Ha ha, well I got this message today, getting closer....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: RE: Concerning Case Number XXXXXXXXXXX
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:58:54 +0700
From: "HCMC, Info" <HCMCinfo@state.gov>  Add to Address Book  Add Mobile Alert 
To: "stevens mike" <gyva02@yahoo.com>

Dear Mr. Stephens,

This is a further response to your inquiries as your fiancée's case status has just been changed right after our previous response sent out to you.

Please be informed that we sent your fiancée an Instruction Package (Packet 3) on July 9.  The packet was sent to the following address XXXXX-BUI MONG HOA, HAI PHONG.  Your fiancée is requested to return the completed DS-230 Part I to us as soon as possible.  We will schedule your fiancée for a visa interview after we receive this form.  If your fiancée has not yet received the packet within one month of the mailing date, she can come to our office to pick-up a packet in-person or contact us to request that we mail another packet. 

I hope this information is of use to you.

Sincerely,

Info Unit Staff
Consular Section
U.S. Consulate General HCMC

Tel:    (84-8) 822 9433 – ext 4636

Fax:    (84-8) 824 5572

E-mail: hcmcinfo@state.gov  (regarding visa issues)

acshcmc@state.gov  (regarding services for U.S. citizens)

Adoption: HanoiAdoptions@state.gov
This e-mail is UNCLASSIFIED based on the definitions provided in E.O. 12958.

Offline Ray

Re: Current Status
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2007, 04:36:14 AM »
Hi Mike,

It looks like things are moving right along. It’s really good to see that someone at the consulate is actually reading and answering e-mails in a timely manner.

For that Form DS-230 she needs to complete, the easiest way to do it is to use the fillable PDF form to type it up on line and print it out. If she can get on the Internet, she can find the DS-230 and other visa forms she may need to complete (DS-156, DS-156K) at

http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/

She can print out blanks or fill them on line first. It’s difficult to complete by hand because some of the spaces are so small.

Though the DS-230 is meant for immigrant visa applications, some consulates use it as a general biographical data collection form for K-1 fiancée or other visas. The information requested is similar to that of the G-325A but in greater depth. Make sure the info on the DS-230 jives with that on her G-325A. Use complete middle names.

It may take some digging for her to get all the requested data, so she can start working on it now before the packet arrives. She will only need to complete Part I. Make sure she gets extra copies for her records and backup.

Tip: If the instruction packet makes allowance for faxing the form to the consulate, that will save a lot of time over snail mail.

Good luck!

Ray

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
Well, what do you know. I'm impressed. Congrats. Time to start cleaning up your place and start planning her arrival. Hope you post wedding pics.

Offline BigBlock502

ha ha yes, I have just remodled a house I bought and all I have in it is a bed, computer desk, and one metal fold out chair to sit in... I'm waiting for her so we can go buy furniture together, it made me smile when I was trying to explain to her the bathtub I put it, its one of those jetted types and I try to explain it to her (which is kinda hard) but I told her it has the moving water in it and shes all "Ohhhhh the kind where it looks like the water is boiling" and I was like ya, ya it does look like its boiling ha ha.... shes only seen them on TV she says.... its going to be different for her, her house has no indoor plumbing, no refridgerator, no stove, no bathtub, no hot water.... My friend was telling me about how he was trying to show his wife from Vietnam how to work a microwave ha ha, he said she was just dumbfounded how something with no fire or red hot bars made something hot, he said there was many trial and errors before she just got used to the correct cooking times ha ha... But I cant wait, I will deffentialy post some wedding pics for everyone.

Mike...

Planet-Love.com

Offline Bear

Ya sound a little like me.  When Honey got here I had all I needed.  I lived in a one-bedroom apartment with n air mattress, a recliner (well used), a dresser with a 27" TV on it, my computer desk and computer and of course my stereo system bought while in the service.  Oh yeah, and a savings account.  Just before she got here I bought a dining room table and chairs to go with my family thrown out cooking and eating utensils.  Now I have a 3-2-2 home all new furniture, TVs in almost every room, several computers, everything new.  No more savings account but I replaced it with a couple of insurance and retirement accounts-she is definitely well protected.  My only bill other than rent, utilities and necessities was a car note my son stuck me with when he joined the service; now whoa!  I was a service tech of a major A/C company's controls division working 9-5 and now I'm a senior engineer working 60 hrs/wk.  But, I can look at her and honestly say, "I didn't need this before you got here!  All this is for you.", and she knows I  mean it.

The old cliche of "any two men can live as cheaper than one woman" is an understatement.

Once she got here I had to teach her about everything from the bath tub to the hairdryer, to the microwave, to the washer/dryer, vacuum, gas hot water heater, air-conditioner, etc., etc., etc.  As smart as that girl she sure has troubles with todays modern conveniences!  My mother even spent a whole weekend teaching her how to keep up with the laundry.  Honestly she was ecstatic afterwards because it was overwhelming her?

I guess we just take this stuff for granite since we grew up with it.  Heck she still is afraid to drive?

The Bear Family
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 10:43:29 PM by Bear »

Offline BigBlock502

Re: Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2007, 06:14:22 PM »
For an update, she has still not recieved her packet yet. I dont know how the internal Vietnam mailing system works but I know a letter I send from here (USA) takes only 2 weeks to get to her. I have mailed the embassy to send her another packet as its days away from being a month... I better start planning for an indoor wedding as I think cold weather is going to be here by the time shes gets her visa...

days since I sent out application: 188

Mike...

Offline BigBlock502

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2007, 12:51:06 PM »
Ok today she has recieved her papers, it took a month for her to get them. It took a month for them to travel 1000 miles in her country.... sooooo... now she fills them out sends them back and then waits for them to send her another letter back telling her, her Interview date... if it takes a month for letters to travel in her country I got another 2 months of waiting at least plus what ever the date is her interview is set for.... This is surly a trying wait....

Mike...

Offline william3rd

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2007, 01:26:13 PM »
She should check the papers closely-particularly the cover letter- to see if they allow for fax/email response to the consulate there.

Offline BigBlock502

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2007, 03:14:00 PM »
yes I have tried my best to explain to her what a fax is, I think she understands a little but not fully, I'm waiting for her to tell me if there is the word fax on any of the paper work. I just found out from a message she sent me last night that the papers have arrived. I think I'm going to e-mail the counslate again and ask if faxing is an option, I should have done so already....

Mike...

Offline michaelb

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
off the subject
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2007, 09:29:24 PM »
but you've got me curious. I'm familiar with the concept of taking the block and pistons from engine A and using the crankshaft from engine B. Sometimes the factory even did it that way, i.e. a Mopar 440 block and 383 crank gave the 400 which was the default Chrysler engine of the mid 70's, Chevy 283 block and 327 crank gave the 305 (or was that the 307 and the 305 was the was the other way around?....been a long time) .... anyway, how does one make a big block 502? (and equally important, how does one afford the gas it must drink?--or do you only use it at the track?)

Offline BigBlock502

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2007, 01:34:18 PM »
502c.i. is a stock Chevy/GM engine. Although one can be made with aftermarket parts and boring a 454 out.... This is way off topic man, you should have PM'd me with this question as I bet no one searched out this site in hopes of reading about engine tech information... But I'll be happy to answer anymore questions in PM world, thanks...

Mike...

Offline BigBlock502

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2007, 10:09:43 PM »
WOW!  ??? I have just been told the craziest news about what we are to do with our completed packet that my Fiancee recieved a few short days ago. I couldnt believe what I was hearing so I'm going to ask those of you who have helped me thus far. I have just been told that her papers cannot be mailed or faxed, I have been told she must make the 1000 mile trek from Haiphone to Ho CHi Minh City and hand deliver her papers in person! Then make it again for her interview. I have been told this from my friends wife from the same town and another girl we know of from the same town who has been through the same ropes. This is crazy! why would they want papers to be turned in in person? I understand why they need to be there in person for the inital interview but just to turn in the papers!!! can someone please give their opinion on why this is so as it makes not one lick of sense to me... as always, thank you...

Mike...

Offline william3rd

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2007, 10:45:57 PM »
Whatever the papers say is what she must do-not what her neighbors say.

Did you send an email to the consulate yet for clarification? Is this in conjunction with her medical examination?

Courier or mail is the usual method but consulates change their rules to suit their processing.

Offline william3rd

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2007, 10:51:26 PM »
E-mail Address:
hcmcinfo@state.gov

Telephone Number:
(84-8) 822-9433, ext. 4636

There is nothing on that webpage that reflects a personal visit being required prior to the interview.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2007, 10:51:26 PM »

Offline Ray

Re: Current Status
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2007, 12:36:35 AM »
Mike,

Relax man. Nobody said this was going to be easy.  ;D

Like William advised, she should be reminded to always follow the instructions with the packet they sent and anything from anyone else should be considered rumors, which more often than not is exactly the case.

That being said, your fiancée should probably plan on spending at least a couple of weeks in Ho Chi Minh City Saigon. At the least, she will need to travel there for her medical exam (at Cho Ray Hospital?), vaccination eval, visa interview, and possibly to pick up her visa. That all may take at least 1-2 weeks or so.

Sometimes they will have the hospital where she gets the medical collect her documents and forward them to the consulate prior to the interview, so perhaps that’s related to what she is hearing from others(?).

I think it’s time she learned how to send a FAX. Have her send you a FAX copy of her instruction letter that was included in her packet she received. She can surely find a shop locally that will send a FAX for a reasonable fee. If that is not possible, then have her get the stuff scanned and enclosed in an e-mail. An Internet café or business center should be able to help her with that if needed. You really need to see the instruction packet instructions in writing so you can help her through this stuff.

“Normally”, the consulate would want her to send a confirmation that she has all of the required documents needed for her interview before they schedule her interview apointment. I would guess that they don’t require her physical appearance in HCMC to make that notification, but again, she needs to follow the instructions in her packet.

Does she have all of the required documentation yet? See the list on the consulate’s Web site, but use the instruction packet as the final word.

http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/required_documents2.html

Ray

Offline BigBlock502

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2007, 02:21:53 PM »
I have tried calling for the last 3 days with no luck it keeps saying they are closed and only open monday through friday? of the last 3 days I should have gotten through once? also it doenst say if they are open american hours or Vietnam hours. I have sent them 3 emails now and have recieved nothing in return. Well I see it this way, it took a month for those papers to travel 1000 miles and her taking the train there is only 30 hours (which is still a long train ride!) but thus faster than another month to send them back. I think I'm just going to go back over there and stay until this all goes through...  Yes shes had all her documents now for some time...

Mike...

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864