It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Taking food of your plate?  (Read 6161 times)

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Taking food of your plate?
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2018, 06:57:05 AM »

I can order some of the hottest wings you can find and she will still try to grab then and eat them. She ends up eating one bite and puts it down. Then gets mad because I tell her why did you try to eat that when you knew it was hot as hell. My biggest bitch is if she would finish eating her food then it would not matter as much to me, but she orders a big salad, try to get me to eat it which I do not want and then try to eat the food off my plate my grand kids plates and gets mad when everyone tells her to eat her own food. If she gets her way and eats everyone else's food then she is lucky to eat half of her food. The entire time she is also complaining she has to lose weight and why did I order a big piece of prime rib because I know she does not eat red meat....

Fuzzy, OMG BROTHER I’VE BEEN THERE!!!!!!

Offline buencamino2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2018, 05:03:26 PM »
You were "in the" lunch? (almuerrzo)
Were they using forks and knives?

That s a legitimate question Robert. Among the lower strata populations in Cali the people just use spoons.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2018, 06:10:14 AM »
That s a legitimate question Robert. Among the lower strata populations in Cali the people just use spoons.

The were using forks and knives an were estrata4 or 5 at least.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2018, 06:10:14 AM »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2018, 02:05:56 PM »

That's because all they eat is soup and rice!!!!!!

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2018, 09:02:07 PM »
ja ja..I was in the  almuerzo of my friends Mom cumpleaños  today, and noticed both of his sisters , in early 40s or  late 30s were taking things off each others plates..

I realize Spanish as a language is 'different', but so is my mind, my way of taking things too literally. Ask me: "Hey Rob--how ya feeling today?"-- I might reply: "With my hands"

That's probably why once I get beyond basic mental Math, which I'm actually quite good at, and into X's and Y's, into unknown quotients, fancy fractions and decimals, it's like my brain fell off a cliff. I'd probably make an awful lawyer too--the best ones see outside the immediate realm of possibilities and often have high Math apptitudes.

Figuring Elex's native ( 1st) language is English, or something similar, (hard to tell sometimes)when he said he "was in" the lunch, I thought it made him sound like an ingredient or worse.

But hey, I remember when we took a Jewish kid who never really was made to follow any religion growing up, to a Catholic mass.

It didn't come off too well...

Coming in, he saw a realistic looking figure as the main focus of the room, prominent, up high and center, of a painfully thin man, almost nude, looking very pained, with nails attaching him to a cross, thorns all around his forehead.

Then we got to the point where accepting that we were eating as the 'Body of Christ' as a sacrament, (communion wafer) as well as drinking his blood  ( "this my blood--the everlasting...") commenced.

Anyways, he was about freaking out, really not knowing quite what to think about the whole gathering.

Probably didn't help that as we left, I told him that many 'believers' blamed the Jews for what happened to the guy up on the cross.

I certainly wasn't looking to 'convert' the guy, but I sometimes wonder if he ever embraced any religion after that day...

Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline buencamino3

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2018, 07:42:11 AM »
Well Bob cannibalism whether figurative (consuming the body and blood of Christ) or real has always been a part of the human experience. There were probably more human corpses consumed by starving humans during China´s Great Famine (1959 through 1961) when many, many millions died of starvation than during any other three year period in human history.
Hermosamente feliz

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864