It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Tribute to Pete E  (Read 39239 times)

Offline catz

RE: Tribute to Pete E
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2006, 07:35:55 PM »
This Post Is From OkieMan who kindly agreed to have it moved into this thread with the other posts about Pete.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 My thoughts about Pete

Hello everyone,

I have not posted on this message board in almost a year. However, due to Pete's death, I felt that I wanted to say a few words. I met Pete last year, when I stayed with him at his apartment. I was there for about 9-10 days. As many of you already know, Pete's apartment is large and 1st class. He was friendly and helpful, while I was dating a particular latina, at that time. My relationship with that lady did not work out, but Pete tried to help me put it all into the proper prospective. We talked on the phone and through emails even after I returned to the States. I don't claim to be a close friend of his, but I felt that he helped me learn more about the process of dating foreign ladies, and all that entails. I also got to meet and visit with Beatriz several times last year, and she was always very kind and sweet. I guess this situation makes us all very much aware of our own moratality, and see that life is a precious gift from God. As we all reflect on this man's life and contribution to this board, I wish all of you the best in your own lives. Take care.

Sincerely,

OkieMan

Offline Seeker

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2006, 07:46:46 PM »
I'm very sad to hear of Pete's passing. I knew Pete fairly well and feel very grateful for the memories I have of Pete. I stayed at Pete's place a couple of times and he was one of the most genuine and humble souls I've ever met. Pete preached by his actions, not mere words. I admired Pete for many reasons, but one stood out: his ability to continue loving those who had betrayed him. Once you entered through Pete's heart, you were in for life.

I have so many wonderful memories of Pete that I'd like to share some of them with you to highlight this great man and friend...

I remember the second time that I stayed with Pete. I had barely arrived to his place when I was off with him, Beatrice and a couple of friends to view potential rental properties and development opportunities in the south of Cali. Pete was so excited about his plans. He dreamed of building a magnificent propety for himself and Beatrice on the southern outskirts of Cali. His excitement was contagious and I know that if God had extended his health and stay on this planet, his dream would have become a reality. He was a savy business man, but for him loved ones were always the priority.

Another memory of Pete is when he was as sick as a dog. After a very difficult and sleepless night, he had finally gone to sleep at dawn and was awake around noon.  Another guest and I were staying at his place. He asked us if we were up for hamburgers for lunch. Well Pete then proceeded to make lunch for all of us. However, I remember that after Pete brought out the hamburgers for the guest and I, he felt so sick that after serving us our plates, Pete went back to bed without ever touching his own hamburger.

I also remember Pete giving me $700.00 in cash in Cali and asking me to send a check to his son in San Jose for $700.00. He also asked me to mail a thank you note and a Cartagena tourist guide to his doctor in San Jose. He was always grateful and very considerate. A verbal agreement with Pete was like a signed contract. There was no doubt that both parties would perform their obligations. He would give you the key to his house and would fully trust you with his home.

The most important thing to remember about Pete E. is that he left this world in peace, without any enemies or ill thoughts towards anyone. He pursued his dreams and I believe left this world with no regrets. He died a happy and fulfilled man. No matter how long Pete would have lived, his departure would have left a great void.

Hey Pete, although you never mastered Spanish mi amigo, I know you'll understand the following words:

Te quiero mucho. Te voy a extrañar mucho y que Dios te bendiga.

Seeker

Offline JimmySTLOUIS

• Spouse's Country: Peru
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2006, 07:05:26 AM »
JLO and I just returned from a quick trip to Cancun and I was shocked like many others about the news.

My wife (JLO) even knew alot about Pete E. I never had too much direct interaction on this board with Pete but I never failed to read any post by the guy. I loved hearing his thoughts on any subject. We all followed his story but I liked when Pete just posted about some random thought or idea.

Like most of you I was so surprised that I could feel so sad about a guy I never met and didnt really even know. I really really feel bad.

Pete took a lot of crap from a lot of people and never let it slow him down in the least. Pete had a lot of balls for doing that. It has been pretty easy to tell my story on P-L because my story was a happy one. Petes story was a roller coster that really looked better towards the end.

I have allways been appreciative to Pete and all the other "old pros" on the old P-L.  

Thanks Pete! see you on the other side

TE AMO PETE E !!!!
TE AMO PERU !!!!

jim

TE AMO PERU!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2006, 07:05:26 AM »

Offline Michael B

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2006, 05:20:47 PM »
I shall add my condolances for Pete's family. I haven't been checking any boards in a while, although one of the guys called me 3 or 4 days ago and told me that he was seriously ill and that the priest had come in to do the last rites. Still, it was kind of a shock today to log in and see he's gone. Well, at least he had a priest when needed and a woman who loved him very much taking care of him right to the end.......that (and that our children are taken care of) is all we can hope for when it becomes out time.

Offline Jim L

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2006, 07:34:34 PM »
I had the good fortune of meeting Pete on my last trip to Cali - around this time last year. We’d only  spoken on the phone a couple of times beforehand.  Very warm and friendly guy.  I felt very welcome in his home when I stopped in to see him. Truly saddened to hear of his passing.  I wish his family and friends well at this difficult time.

Jim L

Offline DragonballT

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2006, 10:48:07 PM »
I never met Pete but he struck me as one of the nicer guys on this board.  He was one of the guys that when I got to Cali would have sought out for advice.  I've seen him post a lot and really just shocked to come to the board and see that news.  I'll save some prayers for him and his family.

Offline jediknight

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2006, 04:10:10 PM »
 sad to read about his death,que vaina. besides his numerous posts detailing his experiences and giving sound advice, the thing i remember most was his struggle about a year ago in deciding which girl to choose, beatriz or the other girl(i forget her name). i was really glad that in the end he stayed with beatriz, she sounds like a winner and i'm glad that they found happiness with each other, even though it was for a short time.
JK

Offline pablo

• I don't have to show you any stinking badges!
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 10:13:38 PM »
Pete was a real inspiration to many men trying to find love in Latin America.  He never failed to share his story with the forum so that others could learn from his experiences even when he admitted to making mistakes along the way.  His generosity and hospitality touched many lives in Cali.  

Those newcomers to the forum would do well in reading Pete's numerous posts in the archives.

You will be missed greatly Don Pedro.

Vaya con Dios!

Offline lapentier

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 11:08:26 PM »
I would like to express my condolences to Pete's family and friends.  I never met him personally.  Others have said it more eloquently; his influence on his friends and those who read his comments will continue to live on.

Mark

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2006, 09:08:59 AM »
It took me a few days to collect my thoughts after Pete's passing. Pete and i were great friends. I satyed with him i think 4 times in the past 3 years. We had many wonderful conversations about life, love , politics and of course the pursuit of the Latin Woman. I recall my second to last trip to cali. I went there to visit a woman i had been talking to and Pete had just broken up with Donnery after finding out she stole from him and was cheating on him(I NEVER LIKED DONNERY AT ALL) . Pete was really depressed and would lay on the couch and you could hear the sighs coming from him. He would just tell me, Andy, i just do not think i will ever meet a woman that loves me for me. POOHY  ! I had about all i could take of that [snip] and said , Pete, you and i are taking off from this pop stand and going to go have some fun. He gave me a little grief, but in the end, i convinced him to come to Cartagena with me .WE HAD A BLAST. Well, when in CTG i ran into another longtime friend who has an apartment there and we were talking about Medellin and how we had always talked about going, but never did, so we all 3 took aflight to Medellin and had one hell of a good week there. Well when we returned  to cali, Pete said that it was just the medicine he needed to get his mind back in the right place. I was glad to help pete and i also told him i felt the woman for him was just around the corner( i am an Intuitive). Well, you know, he met beatrice not more then 3 months later. I returned again to cali about 6 months later and stayed with Pete again and he was dating Beatrice and another woman who i never met. Well, i went out with him and beatrice and just thought she was deliteful to be around and the way she looked at pete, well you knew she really did enjoy being with him. He told me the next day, Man, i just cannot decide between the two ladies. I looked him straight in the eyes and said  WTF Pete, you are 62 frigen years old and you have this wonderful woman in beatrice who adores you, wake up man before she has enough of this 2 woman thing. Well, Pete called me in the states about a month later and told me that he really took what i said to heart and it helped him make the decision to only be with beatrice, which was the correct decision. Pete did find the love of his life and even if it was only a short time, for Pete, i know it was like an eternity. I will miss so much our great conversations about life and with his passing , one of the best friends i ever had leaves us for a better place. God Bless you Pete and God Bless Beatrice

KB
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline papi

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2006, 07:38:03 AM »
KB, nice post…I of course met Pete and you for the first time in Mde and you guys made my stay a lot more fun.  I met Pete again on several occasions afterward in Cali the last time staying above his apartment in Screaming Eagle’s place and visited with him the day he went in the hospital.  

I understand that a collection is being taken up for Pete’s novia…I do have some concerns over her situation but never really spent time with her.  Hopefully, some folks here might be able to keep us abreast of her situation.  I know Pete was really happy with her.

My plans are to head back to Asia so I won’t be spending much more time in Latin America for the momento.  
Red Bull may give you wings, but if Flakes could fly - BAQ is in fact an airport

Offline lswote

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2006, 11:14:44 AM »
Pete E was one of the few moderate voices on this board.  He befriended me soon after I joined the board back in 2002 and was always suportive of me.  I am really sorry to see him gone.

Offline pablo

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2006, 01:42:36 PM »
Pete's son, Barry, posted the following on another forum that I thought would be appropriate to post here.

Below is a copy of the obituary I put in the local San Jose, Ca. newspaper, The San Jose Mercury-News. At the bottom it includes the information for the Donation account I established at Wells Fargo Bank. Wells Fargo is located in twenty-three states. So, anyone that wants to make a contribution can go to any Wells Fargo bank and make a deposit directly into the account. Alternately, you can mail a check to me and I will deposit it into the account. Just write
"Donation For Beatriz" in the memo section of your check. I could not set the account up in her name with out her providing Identification and signing a signature card. I set up a new account with my name and the title "Donations for Beatriz".

I will either wire the money to her on a monthly basis or send her an ATM card that she can use anytime she likes.

My address is:

Barry Eiguren
2530 Calma Ct.
San Jose, CA. 95128

OBITUARY

Peter Rulon Eiguren, son of Pete and Delma Eiguren was born in Vancouver, Washington on March 25, 1943.

Peter is survived by his only son Barry Eiguren, Barry’s wife Susan and granddaughter, Christa of San Jose, California, his loving fiancé Beatriz Castro of Cali, Colombia and his only sister, Bonnie Eiguren Levers and her husband Jim of Chewelah, Washington.

Pete attended school in Emmett, Idaho and graduated from Boise State with an Associate Degree in Drafting. After graduating from Boise State Pete and his family moved to California where he went to work for the City of San Jose as a Drafter. Pete retired from the City of San Jose in 1998 and began a successful career in Real Estate Sales to keep himself busy. Pete’s success in Real Estate was do to his genuine concern and compassion for helping people.

In 2003 Pete retired from Real Estate and moved to Cali, Colombia. In 2005 Pete met his fiancé Beatriz Castro. Their relationship quickly blossomed and they became engaged in May of this year with plans to be married in October. Unfortunately, complications from a planned intestinal surgery lead to a severe infection that caused his heart to fail on August 18, 2006.

Pete’s unique sense of humor, honest, straightforward advice and infectious laugh will live on in the memories of all who knew and loved him. A funeral and cremation were held in Cali, Colombia on August 21, 2006. A Memorial service will be held on Saturday August 26 at The Center For Spiritual Living, located at 1195 Clark St. in San Jose. In lieu of Flowers a memorial fund to provide financial support to his Fiancé Beatriz Castro-Guzman has been established. Please provide donations to
“Donations For Beatriz” Wells Fargo Acct. 7733382365  

Note:  To wire money, the ABA (routing number) for Wells Fargo in California is 122000247
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 02:10:50 PM by pablo »

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2006, 01:42:36 PM »

Offline Cali James

RE:  Tribute to Pete E
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2006, 11:06:21 AM »
Quote from: pablo
A Memorial service will be held on Saturday August 26 at The Center For Spiritual Living, located at 1195 Clark St. in San Jose.

I called the Center for Spitual Living, they said the service was at noon this Saturday.

Offline pablo

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2006, 08:04:45 AM »

Beatriz asked that this pic of Pete and her together be posted for the forum for all of Pete's friends. This is the last pic they took together before Pete went into the hospital.

Offline pablo

Re: Tribute to Pete E
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2006, 03:16:43 PM »

To Those I Love and Those Who Loved Me

When I am gone, release me, let me go....
I have so many things to see and do.
You must not tie yourself to me with tears;
Be happy we had so many years.
I gave to you my love, you can only guess
How much you gave to me in happiness.
I thank you for the love you each have shown,
But now it's time I travel on alone.
So grieve a while for me, for grieve you must,
Then let your grief be comforted by trust.
It's only for a while that we must part.
So bless the memories within your heart.
I won't be far away, for life goes on;
So if you need me, call and I will come.
Though you can't see me or touch me, I'll be near,
And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear,
All of my love around you soft and clear.
And then, when you must come this way alone,
I'll greet you with a smile and say, "welcome home".

Author Unknown

Offline c2

• Probie
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2006, 10:38:05 AM »
I spent about 2 weeks with Pete and a few phone calls and emails. He always gave me good advice in my first few months in Colombia and he was very wise. He was not harsh like some of the others I have met online. Instead, he always gave his advice calmly and with respect to the person seeking it. I was looking forward to another trip over to Cali eventually.. another breakfast on the terrace to visit with Pete and Beatrice.

I will certainly miss him.

P.S.  I am glad to see that an effort has been made for Beatriz.  She was so good to Pete and I know he'd appreciate it. 

Offline rafael

• Probie
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2006, 06:23:57 AM »
Wow. . . .I have only browsed this new forum a handful of times but have been reading posts from pete for a long time. . . .back on the LWL list. . . . I remember pete asking lwl members if his then colombian wife was in love with him and my reply was. . . if you have to ask that question about a latina. . . .she isn't in love with you.

Pete wound up getting married and doing his best to make a one sided relationship work. . . he was open and honest and shared personal details hoping that others may learn from his mistakes. When it was finally over he wasn't bitter and jaded as many men would be. . . .he just moved on and moved to cali. . . . .

I have never met pete but he was always a gentleman and always trying to help people. . . . . he will be missed by many, many people. . . .. .

Offline aliendroid

• Probie
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2006, 07:07:12 PM »
I just signed up for this site and I never met pete.  If feel for his family and his fiancee.  He sounds like a great guy and I wish I could have met him.  I think it is awesome that people are helping his fiancee.

Offline John O.

• Probie
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2007, 01:04:49 AM »
After having been absent from the board for over two years, I was delighted to rediscover it recently after a trip to Cali. My happiness turned to sadness, however, as I read of the passing of our friend Pete Eiguren last August.

I always read with interest and delight Pete's wise and entertaining postings and the many spirited responses they elicited. Thank God he had so much time on his hands! I appreciated his humility, good sense, and the courageous honesty with which he shared his life experiences, good and bad, with his brothers here on the board.

I had the privilege of meeting Pete in December, 2002, during the Feria de Cali. We enjoyed watching and commenting on the beautiful women riding along Avenida Sexta during the Calvacata horseback parade. Later we shared a beer (or was it three) and exchanged stories of our mutual adventures and misadventures in Colombia. He was such a decent, down-to-earth guy, a great talker and a good listener.

I was pleased to hear that Pete finally found a lady worthy of his affections. My heart goes out to Beatriz and to Pete's family. I'm sorry I didn't stay in touch with him in the last couple years, and even sorrier that I won't be able to read any more of his famous observations of life's comedy.

Atque in perpetuum, frater, ave atque vale.
And forever more, my brother, goodbye.

John O.

Offline pan de bono

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2007, 02:48:17 AM »
I only met Pete one time and that was for only a couple of hours. Pete struck me as a good man, he had a great personality, very friendly.
Pete lived the life he wanted to live, he was a free spirit, he enjoyed life.
He will be missed.

Offline jonno

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2007, 03:17:45 AM »
hmmmm. I'm returning here today after a 2 year absence. I actually lost track of this particular community, and wasn't sure if i had even found the right place. i used to post here for a while, getting advice, and offering my views. Reading some of the posts here about Pete, i knew i had the right place. I was one of the flamers that have been mentioned, though not so much towards Pete. I'm having trouble in my marriage, and was hoping to get some advice. That is why i returned. Pete was patient and kind. He would have been a great help. Que lastima! Adios, mi amigo.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 03:21:33 AM by jonno »

Offline Soprano69

• Probie
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2007, 01:48:18 AM »
Met Pete in Juamabu and he invited me and a couple of other americans for a New Year gathering. nice place abd a really nice guy. The next Year he died.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2007, 01:48:18 AM »

Offline pablo

Re: RE: Tribute to Pete E
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2008, 09:50:38 AM »
Beatriz asked that this pic of Pete and her together be posted for the forum for all of Pete's friends. This is the last pic they took together before Pete went into the hospital.

It appears that PictureTrail doesn't allow hot linking so the photo that was posted is no longer available for viewing via that method. 

There are many touching photos though on the memorial web site that Barry and Susan put together.  It is mentioned in Barry's original post but here is the link and another photo of Pete and Beatriz:

http://www.as-4-me.com/peteeiguren.htm

Offline JimD

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2012, 05:15:38 PM »
In Memory of Pete Eiguren

The above link is dead.
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members