It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Why do people chastise men for going abroad?  (Read 3533 times)

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Why do people chastise men for going abroad?
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 09:08:14 PM »
Sounds like there are quite a few "Dog Fochers" (as we say in the Canadian Oil Patch) in yer office. You say you work for a big oil company? Maybe your boss should go around and start kickin some arses and getting people to work. I worked as a contractor in the oil patch all over the world for  for over 30 years, and if I carried on like that and not producing, my ass would be grass within a few days. All this would be solved by someone with authority making the rounds and making sure people are "heads down and A$$ up"

I was referring to an oil company I worked for in the past in the U.S., not where I work now. The office culture isn't the same in Latin America (although the women can still be a bit chatty). I think there's a significant difference between the places where you usually worked and an Oil Company's Corporate Headquarters (I'm just assuming here Expat...I'm not sure where you worked or what kind of work you did during that 30 year stint). In a big office like that you can find up to 3 women for every man because the building is full of secretaries, administrative assistants, the Human Resources Dept. and Benefits, Accounting, Legal, Tax, Marketing, etc. Those are the departments in big companies where you'll usually find a lot more women working as supposed to Engineering, Project and Asset Management, Safety, etc...jobs that are usually centered around an actual plant or a work site. Office positions usually aren't based on timetables and/or performance either, so the ladies have a lot more time to mingle in the lounge while pouring a mug of their morning coffee. Snitching to the manager wouldn't have done much good because she's also a woman doing exactly the same thing. Please don't get me wrong...women and men are found in every department of all big companies. I'm not trying to sound like a chauvinist here, but I think that generalization holds some truth in most cases. Don't forget I'm an IT guy. Most of my time is spent in a nice air conditioned office staring at 3 or 4 screens displaying hundreds of thousands of lines of code. On the very rare occasion I have to actually go out to a rig it's because someone [snip]ed up so much it was impossible to fix the problem remotely....usually hardware.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:21:37 PM by benjio »

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 12:58:21 AM »

I love how most of these folks that "chastise" are clueless about the whole thing. One guy told me it would take 10 years to get my wife a visa.....I didn't say anything until she was here in the states. Then I reminded him of it.

I usually just tell these folks that I got my wife from a Colombian drug dealer who owed me money and now she is mine until I get tired of her and want to trade her for a younger model.....hey, if you are going retard might as well go full retard.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline govig1

• Spouse's Country: Peru
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 07:38:56 AM »
As someone said earlier, women are very competitive over men (I have heard of more women fighting over a man than vice versa, and women who are dumped for another always want to see a photo of the new girl) but we shouldn't generalise. I have had many positive comments/questions from British women about my relationship, but many negative ones too, including "she's only with you for your money/a UK passport" (this doesn't make sense as she assumed the UK was like Peru), "it must be catching" (when I mentioned that a pal was also with a Peruvian partner), and that "it looks ridiculous" (the sight of a usually older man from a richer country with a usually younger girl from a poorer country). They'd better get used to it as (certainly in Europe) it's becoming more and more a cosmopolitan world.
Remember, one day she'll look like her mother.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 07:38:56 AM »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2014, 09:00:23 AM »
Sounds like a lotta dog Fokkin goin on at your workplace too. Maybe its time for down sizing...cut out the "Fat" so to speak..
If I was in your position I'd make it a point to ruin that broad's day every single chance I get.  She a fat chick male basher?  Oh yea I'd make sure I start conversations with other coworkers, knowing that she's listening, about going to hooters, hot chicks I saw on tv, bikini models on the internet.  I'd go out of my way to make her feel bad about herself.  I'd constantly start conversations about hot, thin chicks.  I'd show all of my coworkers photos of thin pretty girls I've dated.  Talk about eating healthy and working out.  I could go on and on.  I'd make that bitch have a nervous breakdown, jaja!!!

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2014, 09:04:24 AM »

Actually the last part would be enough of an answer in most cases, if you were married already that is  ;D

ha true!

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Sponsor Twr1R