Forum > Latin -> Introductions and Ice-Breakers

New gringo here. Hi, all.

(1/6) > >>

Isthis4me:
Hello everyone. I thought that i would say hi, and thank you all for the information that I have read, so far, in these forums.

Now for the intro. I am a white man, north of 40, who has never been married, has no kids, and is on the wrong side of being rich. From the time I graduated high school, I was a caretaker for my grandmother. While I did date, I was never very good at it - too shy. Plus, I honestly could not get totally wrapped up in a woman, when I had to balance time with them and the time my grandmother needed.

Now don't get me wrong. I loved being a caretaker for my grandmother, who became my mom when she adopted me at 13. I would not go back and change a thing.

She has been gone now, for four years, and I feel that it is time for me to start trying to find someone that I can spend time with. I am burned out on gringas and their 'All about me- I'm a princess and deserve the finest things' mentality. Have I mentioned that I'm not rich? Lol!

I have always been attracted to latinas. Their was this one time, in my 20's, where I was engaged to one. However, she was born in the states and never spent any time south of the border, so I don't think she really was a good representative of what a latina is.

So now, I am thinking about taking a tour, from Jamie's agency, to meet some of the women from Colombia. I want to use an agency because I've rarely been out of my home state, and I've never been out of the country. Therefore, an agency sounds like a pretty safe bet for me, as opposed to going down there by myself and not having anyone to help watch out for me. Plus, I don't speak spanish so I would definitely need a translator.

I am not going down there expecting to find a wife in my first trip. I know that I most likely will be "smitten" quickly, but I am going to try to think with the upstairs brain. I've read too many accounts, online, of people who married foreigners and brought them to the states, only to see it fall apart with disastrous consequences. That is another reason why I plan on using an agency.

My plan, if it works out, is to take a 'Romance Tour' and meet some women who I can communicate with, when back in the states. I want to take my time and get to know them, with more trips in the future, when I can.

I'm gonna try to not let the little head do the thinking. I've had relationships built solely on sex. While they've been fun, when they crash, they crash hard and ugly.

I am sorry for the long- winded post, but I wanted to say all of this so all would know a bit about me, and what my plans are. If anyone has any advice, then please feel free to share.

Gotta go now. The cat has decided that she wants me off the phone. Until next time, Adios.

Wildstubby:
Isthis4me said:
--- Quote ---Hello everyone. I thought that i would say hi, and thank you all for the information that I have read, so far, in these forums.

Now for the intro. I am a white man, north of 40, who has never been married, has no kids, and is on the wrong side of being rich. From the time I graduated high school, I was a caretaker for my grandmother. While I did date, I was never very good at it - too shy. Plus, I honestly could not get totally wrapped up in a woman, when I had to balance time with them and the time my grandmother needed.

Now don't get me wrong. I loved being a caretaker for my grandmother, who became my mom when she adopted me at 13. I would not go back and change a thing.

She has been gone now, for four years, and I feel that it is time for me to start trying to find someone that I can spend time with. I am burned out on gringas and their 'All about me- I'm a princess and deserve the finest things' mentality. Have I mentioned that I'm not rich? Lol!

I have always been attracted to latinas. Their was this one time, in my 20's, where I was engaged to one. However, she was born in the states and never spent any time south of the border, so I don't think she really was a good representative of what a latina is.

So now, I am thinking about taking a tour, from Jamie's agency, to meet some of the women from Colombia. I want to use an agency because I've rarely been out of my home state, and I've never been out of the country. Therefore, an agency sounds like a pretty safe bet for me, as opposed to going down there by myself and not having anyone to help watch out for me. Plus, I don't speak spanish so I would definitely need a translator.

I am not going down there expecting to find a wife in my first trip. I know that I most likely will be "smitten" quickly, but I am going to try to think with the upstairs brain. I've read too many accounts, online, of people who married foreigners and brought them to the states, only to see it fall apart with disastrous consequences. That is another reason why I plan on using an agency.

My plan, if it works out, is to take a 'Romance Tour' and meet some women who I can communicate with, when back in the states. I want to take my time and get to know them, with more trips in the future, when I can.

I'm gonna try to not let the little head do the thinking. I've had relationships built solely on sex. While they've been fun, when they crash, they crash hard and ugly.

I am sorry for the long- winded post, but I wanted to say all of this so all would know a bit about me, and what my plans are. If anyone has any advice, then please feel free to share.

Gotta go now. The cat has decided that she wants me off the phone. Until next time, Adios.
--- End quote ---
Well first off, welcome!  Second be advised that if you have questions and you post them here, you will probably get about a hundred different answers, but not saying they are all bad. Just many opinions.
Third, you have something in common with many women from Colombia in that they were raised by a grandparent. So you have more of an advantage than most.Fourth, good luck with your endeavors on your first trip there. It certainly not "Kansas anymore Toto", so be careful. Make sure you tell us all about your accomplishments and your failures. That way others can learn from your experience!

Isthis4me:
Thank you, Wildstubby. I'll keep you all informed.  8)

robert angel:

--- Quote from: Isthis4me on January 13, 2019, 10:30:35 AM ---Hello everyone. I thought that i would say hi, and thank you all for the information that I have read, so far, in these forums.

--- End quote ---

Welcome aboard. We've had a number of guys with modest income 'make' it happen. Even with the cost of travel and the USCIS Immigation paperwork fees going up, guys are still going to S.America, Asia and elsewhere.

While taking your time, don't be  one of those guys who takes forever to 'get on the plane'---it was too easy for me to remain comfy at home, chatting and webcamming online, before I just up and did it.

Isthis4me:
Thanks, robert. Hopefully, I'm planning on taking my first trip either later this year, or next.  I've got to get 'mi pasaporte' and will probably use my money that our 'greedy uncle' decides that I can have back in a couple of months, for the trip.

Right now, I'm using duolingo to learn a little spanish, but will probably end up trying to find at least a Spanish 1 class at a tech school. Not sure how good duolingo is, even though it's fun.

Funny thing, I just joined LAC and before I could get pics or a profile up, I already had 4 messages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version