Forum > Latin -> Introductions and Ice-Breakers

Illegal Venezuelans in Barranquilla

(1/2) > >>

lucumo:
  I haven't been to Barranquilla since 2011 and was wondering if anyone knows how the situation currently is with illegal Venezuelan immigrants in Barranquilla?

I know from youtube videos they are everywhere now in Colombia including even cities like Medellin which are much farther away from Venezuela.   

Do you think if they are criminals are they are more likely going to be living in the South and Centro parts of Barranquilla? 

I just wonder how Barranquilla police are dealing with them.

If they commit crimes will they be deported back to Venezuela or does Colombia not really care?   

robert angel:
http://m.dw.com/en/could-there-be-a-venezuelan-refugee-crisis/a-41384421

Desperate situation and some S. American nations are not allowing Venezuelans entry. Many Venezuelans  are broke, starving and desperate. Last year we went to a few islands off the Venezuelan coast and the islanders were very upset with increased crime and the ATMs weren't even allowed to exchange for USD's, as with Venezuela's triple digit inflation, IF they have money, they want to exchange it into the most viable, stable currency.

There's a quite a bit on-line on this, perhaps not Baranquilla specific, but certainly re Colombia, which has been more welcoming than most other surrounding nations.

But hey, Venezuelans or not, you just need to be careful everywhere nowadays. Besides,  there, you may not be able to physically identify them from the locals anyhow....

robert angel:
Scrooge here forgot to wish everyone: Happy Holidays,  Merry Christmas, wishing all a healthy, happy new year!

Elexpatriado:
Not just Barranquilla..all over..espescisally closer to the frontera in Buccaramanga and Cucuta..1000s of Vennies there

Elexpatriado:
Sure RA..post internet articles about Vennies in Colombia

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version