It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: New Bar in Town  (Read 6631 times)

Offline CaliK

New Bar in Town
« on: September 03, 2006, 06:08:21 PM »
Well, it's finally open.
www.CaliBlues.Com
Blues Brothers Bar has grown some. I have some photos of the Set up, the Inaguaration, and a small video clip of Big Mama Blues Band.
Sometime tomorrow, I'll have photos and video up of last night. We had some dancers on the bar and I got some good shots of that and video too. Plus, I have some video clips of the salsa band that played last night. Last night was special, so we aren't going to have Salsa on Saturdays. It'll be Rock on Fridays and Saturdays.
At the "New" Blues bar we're hoping to have the TVs up soon so we can run NFL Games, and later on we'll have Hoops and Baseball, and of course, the soccr games when they start playing again.
In week or two, we should have our WiFi set up and ready to go.
This is looking like what the schedule is going to be fo the time being, although we are going to start opening at 6pm in a couple of weeks.
Tuesday. Jazz Jam Session. Live Jazz Band. With some swing and jazz thrown in.
Wednesday. DJ plays Blues and Classic Rock.
Thursday: Live Salsa band. Come early to get a seat.
Friday and Saturday: Rock and Rock Dance music. Believe me it's not as crazy as it sounds and it was quite popular with the crowd last Saturday.
If your looking for the "Old" Blues Brother bar concept, it's not quite that anymore. But, you'll see the similarities. And hey, we have some pool tables at the back bar.
So, come on down and see what you think.
Take it easy all.
K

Avenida Sexta A 21-40
Barrio Santa Monica

Offline Beattledog

Re: New Bar in Town
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 04:00:52 AM »
looking forward to seeing the photos, videos, etc.

beattledog

Offline CaliK

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 03:34:33 PM »
Ok, got the second video clip up.
I have to apologize about the music though. I thought I had some video of the girls dancing to reggaeton, but I don't and the music you hear was a last minute thing because we couldn't find anymore reggaeton music.
Now, on Friday and Saturdays, the girls will be dancing to Rock and the Rock mixes I mentioned earlier and they'll be selling shots.
I know the videos a little dark but it'll give you and idea of what's going on. I'll have a video of the band up later and some photos so you can see the dancers and the crowd better.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 03:34:33 PM »

Offline CaliK

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 04:14:43 PM »
Third Video clip is up. This one is of the Salsa Band.
Photos coming later on tonight.

Offline CaliK

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 05:06:41 PM »
Ok, I'm a lot faster than I thought.
3rd Photo gallery is up for this last Saturday night.

Offline CaliK

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 08:04:12 AM »
Hi,
Last night we had our first Jazz night and it came off pretty well. The band is really good and the DJ had much better Jazz stuff than I had.  :D
It was pretty cool to have the band in the center. We had some people playing pool behind the band and, of course, the crowd in front of the band.
I'm only sorry I didn't get a video of these guys playing, but they'll be at the bar every Tueday.
Tonight is going to be Blues and Classic rock.
One of the "Usual Gringos" came down last night and he really liked the place.
Anyhow, stop by when you get a chance.
K
Blues Bar
Avenida Sexta A 21-40
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 08:07:09 AM by CaliK »

Offline CaliK

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 11:23:27 AM »
Hi Folks,
Just a few photos of the bar from last weekend.
We did a complete "Coyote Ugly" presentation and that went off really well. The girls will pour a shot down your throat for 5,000 pesos. Even a few of the female clients got into the act.
Sunday we had a private party for the staff. Geez Louise! That party was a keeper.
Also, we have the TV's up and running so Sunday at the party, for those of us so inclined,  we got to watch the Manning brothers play a pretty good football game.
Tuesday's Jazz night is getting more and more popular. The band is really good.
Last night we had a birthday party for the lead bartender and she brought a bunch of her friends. Wow! And, I didn't bring my camera.  >:(
And lastly, tonight is live Salsa night. Get there early cause it gets packed. If you're at an agency or just going out with a new girl, or even the same girlfriend, come on down for a first rate salsa band. Honestly, probably the best in town.
C-YA!
Blues Bar
Av. Sexta A 21-40

« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 11:29:36 AM by CaliK »

Offline papi

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 07:49:29 PM »
Dan, should this not get moved to a different area...for products and services? For what it is worth, I have visited "Martins Bar," which I think is the same owner?? From what I remember, it is a nice place but I didn't think the staff was friendly and the beer was triple the cost of Ave Sexta. Still, I guess it is nice to have a place where gringos can congregate. I have not been to the new place promoted in this thread. If they truly have sincere, gringo motivated chicas and what these type of forums are supposed to be about, I'd like to hear about it but my guess is that the hotties are intererasatas or have colombian novios
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 07:51:59 PM by papi »
Red Bull may give you wings, but if Flakes could fly - BAQ is in fact an airport

Offline Houndog

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 10:00:37 PM »
Papi,

what Young Hottie doesn't have a local Novio (young Hotties can't live on Bread Alone...lol)???? ;)

Somehow, Somewhere in this mix it seems to get lost that "Young Colombian Guys" & even Older Colombian Guys with Bucks like Young Colombian Hotties also!!  ???

HD

ps: could all this Merchandising of Colombian women be due to the Intense Study of Colombian Culture & The Respect all this "study" is bringing to the forefront??? Heck, it's starting to feel like Christmas!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:22:52 PM by Houndog »

Offline CaliK

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 11:20:01 PM »
Hi,
No, this is NOT the same owner as Martin's bar.
Just let me know if your not interested in hearing or seeing the photos of the bar and I'll not post more about it. Sorry, to offend some folks.  :-\

Offline Houndog

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 12:03:46 AM »
Hey I wasn't offended...I've been to a few Cali Bars ....do you have onsite Security Guards & some Local "Heavy Hitters" ;) on your side??  Obviously I always made it out alive ...but there was a few times I had to wonder if I would.  Sometimes the locals don't like Gringos hitting on their Chicas (or cutting into their turf), if you know what I mean ;)!!!

Do you have deals with the local agencies to have "protected gringo nights" ??   Let's face it, a rich, drunk gringo makes a pretty juicy target for some of the local late night shoppers & some of those local "heavy hitters" really hate compitition (in the worst way).

A nice addition for Gringos would be a "safe" Taxi back to their casa...and some agency deals to insure overall gringo safety.  Cali isn't exactly a city to play loose & free unless you've been there quite a few times...as if the ride from the airport isn't enough of a wake up call if you're white & carrying cash & not allowed to carry you're own gun!!!

HD
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 12:28:06 AM by Houndog »

Offline papi

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 08:19:30 AM »
no problema...just thought it was posted in the wrong section on the forum.
Red Bull may give you wings, but if Flakes could fly - BAQ is in fact an airport

Offline CaliK

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 01:19:16 PM »
Hi,
We are having a couple of bands for Dia Amor y Amistad.
here's the flyer:

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 01:19:16 PM »

Offline CaliK

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 02:06:04 PM »
Posted some new Photos and a video of last night's performance.
Tonight we have "Band with No Name." They play Classic Rock. Honestly, I haven't heard them before so it'll be new to me too.  ;)

WWW.CaliBlues.Com

Offline CaliK

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 01:10:06 PM »
Another great week, last week.
Saturday we didn't have a band, so it was just music from the DJ booth. I don't know if it was single ladies night or what, but there were a lot of them there. So, if you missed it, your bad.  ;)
Attached is this weeks schedule of events for Oct 03-08, 2006.
I still haven't heard this "Band with no name" yet, but Several people have anad said they are quite good. They have a rehersal today in the bar, so I am going to try and get over there to hear them.
And, of course "Big Mama Blues" plays this Friday. Very good band. Usually packs the house out, so come early.
"Tono Barrio" is, in my opinion, our surprise band. There's 9 musicians and they are all very good. The only way to explain it is Latin Urban Funk. Think if Parliament Funkadelic played with a salsa rythmn. But, it's not salsa either. Everytime we have had them play, they fill the place up, so once again, get their early to get a table.
Take it easy and see you down there.

Offline pan de bono

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 03:05:28 PM »
Ive been to Cali many times but i have never been to the blues bar. I'll check it out next time im in town.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133131
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 182