It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: 28 yo saying hi  (Read 3446 times)

Offline jackel82

• Probie
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
28 yo saying hi
« on: January 06, 2011, 01:37:10 AM »
Thought I should say Hi.  I have been here for a while trying to learn all I can find about this adventure.
Thanks everyone for the info.

I am a bit different to most here as I am only 28, never married and no children. I come from a medium size town in Australia. Why look overseas for a bride? Same reasons as you guys are I guess, I have become so jaded by westernized women here in Aus so I desided broaden my search.

Now I am tall, fit, and not unattractive and know what I want in a women and I am not the type to settle for less. There are very limited women in my town and none that I am interested in.  I have no trouble meeting women when I go to the city but as soon as they learn where I am from they loose interest before we even get a chance to know each other. I guess attactive women just have many options who already live in the city. Now I work in a business here and its great I love my life here and I have no ambitions to move to the city.

I thought why not give this a try I read so much about filipina's and they sounded just like the type of women I was looking for. I joined CB and was overwelmed with response to my profile so many gourgous girls wanting my attention. Many where great and I meet the odd one asking for money along the way of course ::)

Like I said I knew what I wanted and was strict about it in my searching. After spending many weeks talking to many women one shined out from the rest, we had so much in common and could chat in yahoo or talk on skype for hours.  She certainly was not the prettiest one of them but is most certainly attractive.  She has a good stable job in Manila and makes good money for a filipia. Her family still lives in the small provence she grew up in and she does send some support to them there, and from her own free will had a new home constructed for them. 
We have been comunicating everyday for the last 4 months. She is unlike anyone I have ever met and seems nearly to good to be true. I have booked flights to spend 2 weeks with her in march.

I am both nervous and exitied about this and have not told my family I will be meeting someone while in the Phils I know they will think I am nuts lol! I still do wonder if I am doing the right thing here guys to be honest as I am the careful type.
In anycase I am young and Im not going to rush into anything and i am willing to listen to words of wisdom you guys have to offer.
Anyone else out there in a similar position to me, in regards to age? Its good to have some people to chat with about this adventure
cheers

Offline Dave H

• Trips: Resident
Re: 28 yo saying hi
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 01:45:53 AM »
Hey jackel82,

Welcome to P-L! It just depends on the woman! I guess I got very lucky, because my Filipina wife is more than I ever dreamed of!

Good luck!

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline z_k_g

• Gimingaw ko sa akong uyab!
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 02:26:02 AM »
Welcome Mate!

P-L is a great resource. 

There are many guys who participate who are married, dating and are complete newbies such as you.

My first piece of advice is Read the Archives and most recent posts.  This takes some time but if you search with key words you will get to topics that interest you!

Once you finish this, you will have 50% of the tools you need.  The other 10% or so will involve question and answer to and from our resident pros who have the experience to help.

Once you actually meet and decide she is the one, then step 1 of your journey is complete, step 2 is next, the paperwork, the last 40%.

Not sure about you Aussies, but this is a very meticulous step for Yanks, and we have some in house experts that can possibly help you or at least point you in the right direction.

Good luck, read the archives and recent posts, and enjoy the ride.

Oh, forgot to tell you, Pinays are awesome women!  ;)

Zulu
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other -"sins" are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful-just stupid.) RAH

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 02:26:02 AM »

Offline Jedironin

• Cautious... but hopeful.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 07:46:54 AM »
Best of Luck to you sir! I am wishing I had found this site when I was 28!  :)

Oh wait... this site wasn't around when I was 28...  :p
Neither was the internet...  :(

hehe... I'm not "quite" that old.  ;)
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.

Offline Jeff S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 09:03:03 AM »
Yeah, when I was 28 is about when the Apple II came out and computers finally whet from the size of refrigerators stashed away in special air conditioned rooms to desktops.

At your age, I'd been extensively internationally traveling for about 5 years and knew there was no chance I'd hook up with an AW in the long run, but it would be 5 more years before I met the one.

My only suggestion is that all eyes will be on you if you go to visit her family, so keep it respectful and classy around her family. Other than that, just enjoy yourself and let nature take its course. You'll find non-westernized women are generally much more feminine that their NA/European/Down-under counterparts who have taken on a lot of rough edges traditionally saved for men, so expect the kind of relationship and courting your grandparents did, now what your friends are doing now.

Anyway, hello and welcome! Please keep us posted on your trip.

Offline jm21-2

• Spouse's Country: Taiwan
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 09:38:03 AM »
There are others here in their 20's, never married, no kids, myself included. I think KFC on the Asian side is, and there are a few on the Latin side (BCC, Woody), and I'm pretty sure others as well.

Curious how old she is, it sounds like late-20's or so? Seems the youngest guys often date the oldest women on here.

EDIT:
Oh, and this process requires a lot of money and patience, as well as vacation time.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:28:17 PM by jm21-2 »

Offline Bob_S

• Global Moderator
  • Spouse's Country: Japan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 10:55:24 AM »
I am a bit different to most here as I am only 28, never married and no children.
Not so different.  Lots of guys around here in their mid to late 20's.  I first got serious about finding a foreign spouse when I was 30.  At the time I was one of the youngest guys on the "List" forum that pre-dated Planet Love.  But we've had guys in their late-teens pop their head in for info and encouragement for when they finished college and got serious about finding a mate.  So, welcome!
...a wife should be always a reasonable and agreeable companion, because she cannot always be young.
- "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift

Offline jackel82

• Probie
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 03:13:46 PM »
Thanks all for making me feel welcome. I didnt see the archives tab until you mentioned it. The more I can educate myself the better.

jm21-2 she is actually only 21, when I was searching I was looking for women from 24 to my age but this she contacted me I forgot to read her age, but it didnt seem like a message from a 21 year old. By the time I realized her age it didnt matter anymore as she seemed to be more mature than many of the girls of whom where my age, and ticked all the other boxes so to speak.

cheers

Offline jm21-2

• Spouse's Country: Taiwan
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 05:32:10 PM »
Things may move faster than you think. You really start to miss a person with that kind of distance and with immigration being what it is you might move faster towards marriage than you think. I live in a small town and am just far enough away from Seattle where I can visit but none of the girls there are interested in dating me. I can feel your pain on that one. No desire to live in a city again.

I guess Australia is quite a bit better about letting boyfriends/girlfriends come over? I've heard they have a visa for someone you are not married to but cohabiting with, but not sure if a traditional girl would be OK with that. My fiance would probably be OK if I slept on the couch but wouldn't really like it.

She has an immigrant visa for Australia and wants to move there...maybe in 3 years we'll think about it. I'm locked down here for a while. Seems like a decent enough place but my education would be next to worthless (attorney).

Offline jackel82

• Probie
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 07:51:34 PM »
Yes, seems like you are in a similar situation there jm21-2 and I also think that you may be very right about things moving faster than I expect it too. It will all become much clearer after we meet and spend time together I have already told her that I wont be rushing into things and even if thing went perfect I would not be proposing on a first trip.

I have heard it is a little easier to get a travel visa here in Australia then the US and she does have property in her name in the phils so perhaps if all goes well it may be worth persueing a travel visa for her. One step at a time i guess but I am quietly convident of things going well with us.

cheers

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864