It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Thanksgiving, update and travelling  (Read 1374 times)

Offline InnocentVixen

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Thanksgiving, update and travelling
« on: November 18, 2014, 02:09:31 PM »
We are spending thanksgiving in TN, staying there for 10 days and back to Baja. There is going to be lots of firsts. First time ever celebrating for me, first thanksgiving for our baby, first time flying with a baby, first time our little one will meet his grandparents in person not to mention I get to meet for the first time the two remaining siblings I didn't get to meet before with their families. I even get to meet W's grandmother who I talked on the phone once but never met in person, she sent us a lovely wedding card and sounds nice.

Drakito is 8 months old already, he has eight teeth and not afraid to use them, took over W's Ipad 24/7 like 5 months ago, he just learned how to say bye with his hand though he doesn't know what it means, he uses it to try to get attention mostly. He is a serious chick magnet, W and him go to costco about once a month on their own so I can do some beauty stuff, it's in the other side of town but the town is not so big so it usually takes them only an hour or so to get back. Women literally stop him to play with the baby while walking around there, old ladies start speaking "shotgun spanish" all excited and a few young hotties use the baby as an excuse no doubt, how come only old ladies pay attention when I go with them? :P nah seriously, I just think is funny.

As some of you might remember, my mother is high maintenance so we don't get much help, soon we won't need to go for monthly check ups at the pediatrician and we are considering going to TN yearly to give the baby the chance to spend time with W's family too and honestly, to have a little break, his family is great with children and we are still exhausted, this last months have been hard with the teething and everything. We still plan to move to the states in 3 years but will not know where until the time is getting closer for it, all we know is that it won't be it probably won't be the south and probably not west either, that is our best guess.

Oh and we are also considering doing the baptism at my grandmother's home town next year so she can assist and it will probably mean the world to her that her brother (catholic priest) is the one who baptizes him so that is a bonus.

Offline Awesome

Re: Thanksgiving, update and travelling
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 06:08:53 PM »
Drake!  One of my favorite rappers!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RubBzkZzpUA

Offline kai #2

• The Traveling Swordsman
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 12:46:50 AM »

lmao, Awesome said what I wouldn't. Awesome aside, Congrats IV. I hope the lil one wasn't crying to hard on the flight and Happy Thanksgiving

Drake!  One of my favorite rappers!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RubBzkZzpUA

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 12:46:50 AM »

Offline Awesome

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 10:35:33 AM »
lmao, Awesome said what I wouldn't.

What?  Drake is a good guy to name your kid after.  He's also the child of an international marriage.  His father is from tennessee and his mother, who he's very close to, is canadian.  He grew up partly in tennessee and partly in canada.

Offline whitey

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 11:43:26 AM »
Glad to hear all is going well with Woody and Drake ... have a great trip!
Hablo espanolo mucho bieno!

Offline InnocentVixen

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 01:46:35 PM »
lmao, Awesome said what I wouldn't. Awesome aside, Congrats IV. I hope the lil one wasn't crying to hard on the flight and Happy Thanksgiving

Haha, don't make me join the club to regret his name (mother in law doesn't like it but loves his middle name), we just like the sound of the name, never met a Drake before so we were not biassed and we both like dragons and we think Sir. Francis Drake is cool... the only thing I dislike more than rap is banda! lol I just asked W and he doesn't know him either, I believe him because he is not a rap fan, but maybe we should watch more tv.

Anyways, he did great on both the flights, he just wanted to play and get the neighbors attention! we were quite shocked actually. And talking about shock, I did not know mum/mama was native english speakers first word, it was a pleasant surprise :)

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5873
Latest: zeggers
New This Month: 2
New This Week: 1
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 100