It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Consilut Visit with fiancee  (Read 2324 times)

Offline dewey4350

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Consilut Visit with fiancee
« on: December 06, 2015, 03:52:37 AM »
Ok I do know like three people I could just asked on the forum but I figured I would table this for everyone. My last trip to Cebu was like last week a very nice three weeks thank you LOL it was past due. I have been on and off the board like for the last 6 years with different subjects I even gave advice a couple times. My question is I meet another filapino lady returning to Cebu - actually Macton. She had married a man from Michigan that was a contractor - basically self employed. I always thought in my mind that you had to be with your lady at the consilut  during your oppointment ( for citizenship). I know that it takes about a week for the medical but some reason I thought you had to be with her!!! The lady I met on the trip said her husband wasn't even there. She had the oppointment by herself and and done it without him. I know what a statemant but how do you avoid the consilut???? Is this something that just changed? Or maybe there is some kind of hardship she didn"t exsplain? She was very young in her twenties I'm just curious.......any help here?

Offline Howard

• Anak ni Howard and Asawako
    • Big Daddy Site
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Consilut Visit with fiancee
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 04:12:32 PM »
Hey Dewey,

Gerlie's consulate interview was in the fall of 2004 and I was not able to go there with her.  Unless things have changes - which the may have - the interview in Manila is for your fiance, your presence, while supportive, is not necessary

Others who have done it more recently should chime in, but I personally did not go

Good Luck man

Keep the Faith

H
If you dance with the devil, the devil don't change. The devil changes you.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 05:06:24 PM »
As far as I know, you can't go in. It's been ten years, but back then I could've flown all the way to Manila and would've had to sit outside waiting. Whether or not that'd mean anything is probably anyone's guess. My wife had everything so 'together'---all documents---receipts from tickets, my hotel, restaurants, etc., etc., including plenty of pictures of us with her family and in a variety of places, copies of our on-line chats (which the guy asked her a couple qustions about to check on her recall of details) all in an accordion style folder, each section with a color coded, printed tab.

She dressed like the lady she is and while she was nervous as hell, she not only passed, but the guy who interviewed her actually sent her an e mail the same day, telling her she passed, congratulating her and wishing her the best in her upcoming marriage and new country. She said she forwarded me the e mail, I'll have to try and see if I still have it, for our own nostalgia.

But that unexpected 'personal touch' made me feel especially good to be an American,  knowing that even amongst the quagmire of bureacracy, there's still humanity. Up until then, dealing with USCIS was frustrating at times. I just asked her about it, as having just gotten home from three weeks back home, she's ironing three weeks of laundry as I post this and she said: "Especially nowadays, that would probably never happen again, but God answered my prayers". Mine too!

Don't forget the required CFO seminar,  which back then was only offered in Cebu and Manila and then could be taken before or after the interview. She wouldn't have been allowed to leave the Philippines w/o proof of having taken that.

A lot of women are real nervous about the also required physical exam, which might still be at the St. Luke's Hospital, but despite all the crazy tales about wicked dyke Dr.'s and such, we've never heard anything much more negative than once there, having to wait a while to have the exam. Maybe bring a snack, but check protocol first, in case they make you fast before blood work.

Staying up to date on all the regulations, paperwork timing, sequences and payment amounts is real important, because they can and do change things around quite a bit.

With that nut job from San Bernandino, California, who's wife came over on a K1 visa and with him massacred all those people at his govt job's 'holiday' party last week, I wouldn't be suprised if some things are changed a bit, but I think that K1's are still going to be OK for a while yet,  but it might take a bit longer now.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 05:28:31 PM by robert angel »
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 05:06:24 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 05:52:35 PM »
As far as I know, you can't go in. It's been ten years, but back then I could've flown all the way to Manila and would've had to sit outside waiting. Whether or not that'd mean anything is probably anyone's guess. My wife had everything so 'together'---all documents---receipts from tickets, my hotel, restaurants, etc., etc., including plenty of pictures of us with her family and in a variety of places, copies of our on-line chats (which the guy asked her a couple qustions about to check on her recall of details) all in an accordion style folder, each section with a color coded, printed tab.

She dressed like the lady she is and while she was nervous as hell, she not only passed, but the guy who interviewed her actually sent her an e mail the same day, telling her she passed, congratulating her and wishing her the best in her upcoming marriage and new country. She said she forwarded me the e mail, I'll have to try and see if I still have it, for our own nostalgia.

But that unexpected 'personal touch' made me feel especially good to be an American,  knowing that even amongst the quagmire of bureacracy, there's still humanity. Up until then, dealing with USCIS was frustrating at times. I just asked her about it, as having just gotten home from three weeks back home, she's ironing three weeks of laundry as I post this and she said: "Especially nowadays, that would probably never happen again, but God answered my prayers". Mine too!

Don't forget the required CFO seminar,  which back then was only offered in Cebu and Manila and then could be taken before or after the interview. She wouldn't have been allowed to leave the Philippines w/o proof of having taken that.

A lot of women are real nervous about the also required physical exam, which might still be at the St. Luke's Hospital, but despite all the crazy tales about wicked dyke Dr.'s and such, we've never heard anything much more negative than once there, having to wait a while to have the exam. Maybe bring a snack, but check protocol first, in case they make you fast before blood work.

Staying up to date on all the regulations, paperwork timing, sequences and payment amounts is real important, because they can and do change things around quite a bit.

With that nut job from San Bernandino, California, who's wife came over on a K1 visa and with him massacred all those people at his govt job's 'holiday' party last week, I wouldn't be suprised if some things are changed a bit, but I think that K1's are still going to be OK for a while yet,  but it might take a bit longer now.

Blast from the past--I was a little off on recalling exact details, but I don't think they do things this way, never mind this quickly anymore!:

Date: September 21, 2005 at 6:09:46 AM EST
To: <__________>
Subject: your U.S. visa application

Dear Ms. ______,

It was a pleasure to interview you for your visa application yesterday.  All the mandatory security checks are now complete.  I am glad to be able to tell you that I have authorized your visa.  Our staff will be printing your visa and turning it over to the courier service next week.   Please convey our best regards to Mr. A_____.  We hope you have a nice life together in the U.S.A.

Sincerely,

David C. M______
Vice Consul
Embassy of the United States of America

=
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 06:54:40 PM by robert angel »

Offline Ray

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 09:30:15 PM »
Ok I do know like three people I could just asked on the forum but I figured I would table this for everyone. My last trip to Cebu was like last week a very nice three weeks thank you LOL it was past due. I have been on and off the board like for the last 6 years with different subjects I even gave advice a couple times. My question is I meet another filapino lady returning to Cebu - actually Macton. She had married a man from Michigan that was a contractor - basically self employed. I always thought in my mind that you had to be with your lady at the consilut  during your oppointment ( for citizenship visa). I know that it takes about a week for the medical but some reason I thought you had to be with her!!! The lady I met on the trip said her husband wasn't even there. She had the oppointment by herself and and done it without him. I know what a statemant but how do you avoid the consilut???? Is this something that just changed? Or maybe there is some kind of hardship she didn"t exsplain? She was very young in her twenties I'm just curious.......any help here?

Hi dewey,

The petitioner is not required to be with her for the visa interview. There are a few countries where they do require both parties to be present, but not in the Philippines or most other countries.

If the petitioner does show up with the visa applicant, he may or may not be allowed into the interview area in the consulate, depending on current policies.

Did you get a good deal on the airfare this year?

Ray

Offline dewey4350

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 03:02:42 AM »
wow for some reason I had in my head i had to go back and I would of done it if I needed too. But with time as it'  I only have a limited amount of vacation time until June. Not going is gonna help me tremendously. Both time wise and price wise. I've been seeing Arlene now for like 5 years off and on, we never been serious until the like last 18 months. I think its ironic- that we did not meet online she was a freind of a freind. And like most of and the advice of getting out of the city and finding me a country girl finally has won me over. And when I say country I mean on the side of a mountain with one single electric line going to a light and a TV and thats it. Just standing up outside the small three room house was a treat for the family my big ass slidng all over the place and holding on to small trees just to steady myself. LOL or maybe the small bad road that cars can't travel up and down on that mountain - just to get around. Five people on a 150 motorcycle and I'm like 6"1- 207. Trust me from the country.  LOL

Yeah Ray the ticket that I first got with like two months advance it was below 1100.00usd /taxes   then after they canceled it was still like 1300.00 but thats what you get when you buy online so be aware

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 08:49:04 AM »
A lot of women want you to 'be there' if just nearby for moral support, but if you're not allowed in, it's sort of pointless. Add in limited vacation time and the huge amount of money saved, telling her that it leaves more money and vacay days once she gets here to do different stuff--that  usually convinces them.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5877
Latest: WilliamAlorp
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 94