It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Ryan

• My Russian Bride and myself married 17 Years
  • Spouse's Country: Other Asian
  • Trips: 4 - 10
I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence
« on: February 12, 2006, 09:43:59 AM »
Ok so now that my wife and I have gotten the Permanent Resident Card do I have to file for this I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence?  I am not sure I just happened on this form...  What is my next step here any help?

Thank You,
Ryan
Ryan

Offline Ray

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: > 10
Re: I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 10:19:10 AM »
Quote from: Ryan
Ok so now that my wife and I have gotten the Permanent Resident Card do I have to file for this I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence?  I am not sure I just happened on this form...  What is my next step here any help?

Hi Ryan,

Since you were married less than two years when she received her Green Card, she should have been issued a conditional two-year card.

Yes, you will have to file the petition to remove conditions (I-751) and it must be filed in the window between 0-90 days before the expiration date on her Green Card. I recommend that you download the Form I-751 and look over the instructions to see what evidence they will want to see with your petition. You can start collecting evidence now and put it away to make your job much easier when it comes time to file.

Ray

Offline Jack

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 04:37:39 PM »
Ryan, 1 year and 9 months after your wife adjusted her status (when you went to the BCIS agter you were married) is the first day you can apply for the I-751. Ray is correct in that you have a 90 day window to apply for this. They will not accept the application any earlier than 1 year 9 months and if you apply after the 24 month deadline you have to send additional paperwork as to why you did not file on time.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 04:37:39 PM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5874
Latest: BillyGeots
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 2
New Today: 0
Stats