It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: For those of you who went with Jamie's agency...  (Read 39659 times)

Offline Bayas_Hombre

For those of you who went with Jamie's agency...
« on: June 30, 2007, 05:12:07 PM »
I've read a lot of glowing recommendations here and I'm leaning towards going with his agency. He offers a lot of different packages. Which of his services did you utilize, why, and would you go with the same package again or change to another?

Any insights are truly appreciated.
"I'm American, honey. Our names don't mean sh!t."

Offline Looking4Wife

Re: For those of you who went with Jamie's agency...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 07:48:38 AM »
For those of you who went with Jamie's agency... Which of his services did you utilize, why, and would you go with the same package again or change to another?

Which of his services did you utilize

I used his most expensive service where I was introduced to about 25 women in 3 days.  He advertises to introduce you to 40 and he will definitely do that, but after you meet so many women (10, 15, 25), you need to start weeding out / focusing on some that you've already met before meeting more.

My 1st trip was about 31 days, and during the entire time I met 39 women.  The lady who became my wife (#40) I was introduced to by phone first thru the agency after I was back in the states.

Why

Because I was interested in finding a wife as efficiently as possible.  I'm a romantic guy and single life is not for me.  More than anything prior to selecting an agency, I was impressed with Jamie's introduction "system" and found it to be very efficient.  Its very akin to being on that TV show "The Bachelor".  The group introduction system puts you in front of 20-40 beautiful women within 3 days, based on your criteria, who are vying for your affection.  What could be simpler (and more efficient) than that?

That sure sounds a lot more efficient than flying down to meet one woman, or flying down to flip thru agency book photos after you arrive, or setting up eight 1-hr. appointments with women and 3 of them don't show while you sit around and twiddle your thumbs, etc.

I hesitate to write this next part because I think I've given Jamie enough testimonial quotes to put on his website  :), but I owe this line of reasoning to those who are coming after me in their wife search...

Many people balk at Jamie's "high prices", but yet a lot of guys spend a lot of money, making many, many trips sometimes over a period of several years before they even find someone they can get serious about (or spinning their wheels in dead-end relationships).  The bottom line is, often, they are simply (apparently) not meeting enough women who meet their criteria.  To quote Snooppuppy from gringos.com, "When you have few choices you make poor choices"... or the other possibility is you know that the few choices you've seen don't quite fit what you're looking for.  Jamie's system does an excellent and efficient job of solving these problems and/or speeding up the process of finding what you want.   

At the time I think the cost was $1,275.  An average ticket cost for me runs between $750 - $1,200.  If I make 2 (2 x $750 = $1,500 on the low side) fruitless trips, I just paid for Jamie's service and then some.  It just makes plain economic sense.

So is it cheaper to pay an agency "lifetime fee" of $100 - $500 and not find your wife-to-be for 3-5 years (i.e. 3-5 years paying for travel, lodging, international phone calls and dates in dead end relationships)?  What confidence can you have in a "Marriage Agency" if you need a "Lifetime" membership?  Whatever Jamie is charging (I think now its $1,375) pales in comparison to the lost money and time out of your life becoming a "chronic wife hunter" (Jamie's term in quotes, but my logic in the sentence).   

I went to Colombia to find a wife.  Not to collect airplane ticket stubs, hotel receipts, Colombian souvenirs, pesos / foreign currency to show my friends, etc.  For those guys who are just looking for vacation spots with a plethora of beautiful women, with finding a wife being a secondary priority, that is fine too if that's what they want.  I'm certainly not passing judgment on them.  Its just that I did not fit into that category.

Would you go with the same package again or change to another?

I would definitely go with his "cadillac" service again, as opposed to what I would consider to be slower, less efficient methods.  Although, it might be difficult for me getting another spousal visa approved at the moment... with my wife laying in the bed as I'm writing this  ;D

Photos of me and my wife can be seen in the planet-love general photo gallery RE:  "Mrs. L4W".

NOTE:  A very good friend of mine who I met in these forums found his wife thru one of Jamie's less pricey introduction methods.  Ironically I was introduced to his wife-to-be on my first trip.  They are now very close friends with my wife and me.   

Disclaimer:   Of course anyone can go to Colombia, be overwhelmed by a beautiful woman, propose within 24-72 hours.  That's not what I'm advocating at all (although apparently even that works out sometimes per another PL poster, "DaveyRich" :) ).  As anyone who's followed my posts knows, I advocate doing serious preparation prior to getting married.  Aside from the obvious physical attraction/chemistry/compatability, stuff, primarily this constitutes asking (and answering) a lot of pertinent questions about each other's past, present, and future expectations... a good source for this info is www.MarraigeBuilders.com and a book called "Don't You Dare Get Married Until You Read This".  I don't claim to have all the answers, I just claim to have asked some of the right questions  :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 08:16:47 AM by Looking4Wife »

Offline EbonyPrince

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 06:57:45 PM »
Excellently well said L4W.  I can't really add to that.

I chose Jamie's agency totally from a referral standpoint.  I spoke with L4W and a few other guys from a list of referrals that Jamie gave to me.  I hadn't heard anything negative about the agency or Colombia, thus I pulled the trigger and went.

I have tried just about every service that Jamie offers.  I am of the philosophy of trying anything and everything to see which works the best.  I did the top-of-the-line introduction first, and I was totally impressed and satisfied.  I made a second trip where I basically selected a number of women, and I paid everything along the way.  I have probably met over 50 women from Jamies agency, and I feel that there were a lot of quality within the bunch.  My problem is not Jamie's agency, but it relies within me.  I am a very selective person that seeks someone that have similiar qualities that I have to offer.  I also have a little wild side to me that I need to have accomodated.  I am a very demanding person of me and everyone around me.  I haven't been successful in finding someone that has all the personal qualities that I seek.  I have met some women that were too good for me and others that I didn't consider good enough from a chemistry standpoint.  There wasn't a lack of attractiveness within the groups of women that I met.  So from my standpoint if I can find the same options locally, why would I settle for the same or less internationally.

I would definately use Jamie's top-of-the-line service again, and I am considering making another trip towards the end of the year.  I have chilled from his agency, because I have met so many people from his site.  I am just giving him the opportunity to get in more, so that I will have new faces to choose from on my next trip.  I am not a chronic seeker, but I won't settle for anything less than what I want or feel I deserve :).

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 06:57:45 PM »

Offline John330

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 11:56:59 AM »
I've read a lot of glowing recommendations here and I'm leaning towards going with his agency. He offers a lot of different packages. Which of his services did you utilize, why, and would you go with the same package again or change to another?

Any insights are truly appreciated.

I used his one-on-one introduction service.  I didn't like the idea of sitting at a table with 20 women around me. 

If I had to do it again, I would go with the complete tour package.  I choose a less expensive package, and met some nice girls.  But, as someone else pointed out, you ultimately end up spending more - when you make repeated trips just to meet 2-3 girls.   

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 12:13:09 PM »
I used his one-on-one introduction service.  I didn't like the idea of sitting at a table with 20 women around me.

Actually when I did this it was more like 8 beautiful girls sitting around me.  Some people may not be comfortable with that scene.  Perhaps you should do what the public speaking experts say and imagine your audience being naked...in this case the ladies would be quite a feast for the eyes!

It is not too often in life when you can have 8 beautiful women all staring and competing for you...it does seem a bit ridiculous but that was how it went for me...and I am no prize!

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline raycjs

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 12:25:51 PM »
i just got back only 2 weeks now and i used I used his one-on-one introduction service it was outstanding. i would use him Jamie and his staff will go above and beyond. i had the time of my life he has some really nice women i meet over 50 girls and went on over 12 one on one dates. his service is the best you can pm and i would have no problem talking with you over the phone to tell you more. do not wait go now you will not regret it.

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • Russian Women Discussion
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 12:30:06 PM »
Disclaimer:   Of course anyone can go to Colombia, be overwhelmed by a beautiful woman, propose within 24-72 hours.  That's not what I'm advocating at all (although apparently even that works out sometimes per another PL poster, "DaveyRich" :) ).  As anyone who's followed my posts knows, I advocate doing serious preparation prior to getting married.  Aside from the obvious physical attraction/chemistry/compatability, stuff, primarily this constitutes asking (and answering) a lot of pertinent questions about each other's past, present, and future expectations... a good source for this info is www.MarraigeBuilders.com and a book called "Don't You Dare Get Married Until You Read This".  I don't claim to have all the answers, I just claim to have asked some of the right questions  :)

L4W,

A bit of thread drift here. I have not yet had the opportunity to visit a Marriage Builders seminar, though their reputation is stellar, and I am sure we will attend one day.

We did get the opportunity to attend a "Weekend to Remember" conference sponsored by the Family Life Center (www.familylife.com) and just wanted to pass along our very positive review of the weekend. Ours was held in Estes Park, CO - which all by itself is a romantic setting - but the frank and honest information and challenges presented at the conference are life-changing, and certainly marriage-enhancing.

Importantly - the weekend also entails elements for couples, and even singles, who are not yet married. All by way of preparation for marriage. While much of their material is based on scripture, they are quick to state that the tenets and principles they provide are really quite applicable to people of all faiths, or people with none. The common ground being a sincere interest in creating, and nurturing a living, loving, healthy marriage.

Highly recommended.

- Dan
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 12:33:11 PM by Dan »

Offline bp

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 04:35:26 PM »
Which agency is Jamie's?

Offline catz

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 04:57:31 PM »
His agency is: http://www.latin-wife.com/

You can search by his username (Jamie) to read his posts.

Offline sean126

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 07:03:55 PM »
My wife won't let me use the computer but for a minute right now, I will give my response later, but....

I just wanted to mention a few things about Jamie's agency.  Say what you want to about him, but I know from first hand experience as well as from his reputation, that the very minute he finds out a girl on his website has anything less than sincere intentions....she is gone, very fast.  That makes me feel good in highly recommending his agency when ever someone asks.  I've always known him to be honest, generous and as someone who has nothing but the highest standards for his agency.  His prices are a little steep when compared to others....but you get what you paid for (sometimes a little more) as well as a owner who stands behind his services 110%.  I believe he cares about the women in his agency as well as the male customers who utilize his services. 

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »
totally agree with Sean126's responce, Jamie runs a very good agency, his staff is very efficient  and one girl there, maria, is a friend of mine who doesn't put up with the girls krap, if she thinks a girl is not honest or is pulling something, she will let you know and so will Jamie. on the other hand, if a client is pulling something, they will tell the girls also, goes both ways!!!!

Offline raycjs

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 08:00:40 AM »
thanks to Sean i went to see Jamie's agency and Jamie and his staff is outstanding
and honest

ray
Ray from OHIO

Offline singlefather no more

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 09:24:51 AM »
Hey raycjs,

Congratulation of just becoming a junior member with your last post..

singlefather

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 09:24:51 AM »

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 11:56:28 AM »
I never used his service but I used to date one of his translators and she told me that more then half of the girls in the agency were there to get a visa and that after dates with guys, they would talk to her about the guy and say  stuff like she was going to try to get what she could. This is not fluff, I dated this woman for a while and she was 100% above board  and sincere.

KB
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 11:59:13 AM »
I should have added that that is not unusual in any agency, I am sure most are the same, so not singleing out jamies agency, just that I had firsthand Knowelage of it going on.

KB

Viva Ecuador !

Offline soltero

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 12:03:56 PM »
I am sure if she told you about the girls, then she must have mentioned something about the guys as well. How did she describe any of the guys that flowed through the offices? I am sure each and every one was a real peach.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 01:07:04 PM by soltero »
Live as if you will die tomorrow, Plan as if you will live forever...

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 12:54:59 PM »
LOL

Oh yeh, plenty of guys that were complete social rejects . Works both ways of course.

KB

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 01:55:57 PM »
I never used his service but I used to date one of his translators and she told me that more then half of the girls in the agency were there to get a visa and that after dates with guys, they would talk to her about the guy and say  stuff like she was going to try to get what she could.
KB

Wow, only more than 50%? sounds like more than 90% of AWs....
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 02:15:56 PM »
I am not down on AW like many of you. I have met/dated some very good ladies . My problem with AW is purely physical and nothing to do with the way they treated me. Call me superficial and I will answer, well, yes, so 50% of women only lin an agency to see if they can scoff a visa is a lot worse the AW IMHO.

KB

Viva Ecuador !

Offline daytrader

• ** mui feliz **
    • Mechanical Trader
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2007, 02:25:27 PM »
...I would use agencies as a way to "get your feet wet"...as I did..then network and use www.latinamericancupid.com  and go from there.  Check out the agencies in Bogota, you will receive a good education about latin women and meet some of the smartest, classy, most educated women on the planet.  Don't limit yourself to agencies, though...you will likely run into some sharks.

You will find 'Colombian Gold' sooner than later by using a variety of methods like these, IMO. 

DayTrader 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 02:28:25 PM by daytrader »
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2007, 02:34:22 PM »

I believe what you are saying KB, but I respectfully disagree with the percentages thats all.I have used several agencies over the years while I took my time finding a wife, and one thing I learned is that once I started dating one woman in particular, she started talking bad about all the other women in the agency.They did this to steer me away from the other women.I don't doubt that the lady you dated was sincere,but it is quite common for a woman in an agency(working for them or not) to do this(stretch the truth to keep her man).
         I think I've read that you didn't use an agency and that you don't like them.Could you share more of how you went about finding your lady so that more guys here know there are options other than agencies? I went both routes myself. I also know guys that took out ads in local newspapers in other countries.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline blockbuster

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2007, 02:40:24 PM »
I am not down on AW like many of you. I have met/dated some very good ladies . My problem with AW is purely physical and nothing to do with the way they treated me. Call me superficial and I will answer, well, yes, so 50% of women only lin an agency to see if they can scoff a visa is a lot worse the AW IMHO.

KB

KB,
 I don't have anything against AW either. I have a lot of friends who are happily married to some and I've dated plenty of really good ones. The great thing about the U.S. is that it has a Heinz57 variety. There are all sorts of women here from all over the world you can meet . Too many people are grouping every woman in the US the same way even immigrant women.

Now if people are talking about most white women in general ,I would say it's hard to find a really good AW who has looks to boot . But if they are talking about every woman in the U.S. immigrant or not, I say they're being somewhat harsh. Maybe the immigrant women in the U.S. are a bit more choosy in what they look for in a mate now that there are so many men available to them, but in terms of character and making good wives many of them already living here make wonderful wives and mothers.

Offline raycjs

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2007, 02:41:04 PM »
Jamie agency was great and the service was great i even had a few one on one dates with some of his staff. there are sharks in all walks of life so we all have to beware. I still think Jamie's service was outstanding i spent some nights at 1:00 in the morning sitting around talking to Jamie about the girls the service and the business he was there for me anytime i needed him or his staff. so i do not think it would be fair to hold him responsible  for a few bad eggs.

Ray
Ray from OHIO

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2007, 02:41:04 PM »

Offline Kiltboy1

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2007, 03:24:28 PM »
Researcher
I met my wife on cybercupidos.com

I only used an agency my first time to Cali and that was the last time. Once I had my Spanish down pat, i send hundreds of emails to women I thought looked attractive, a cattle car approach if you will and then as I talked to them, weeded them out as I went and the when I had several I thought there might be potential, I planned a trip and met them. Some I had wonderful chemistry with and others not, but I can say I never met a player. All the woman I met were what you would call sincere. But with my command of Spanish I know or knew i should say how to make them take a carrot i dangled in front to them and see how they ran with it. Any that ever asked me for money , help, gifts I promptly blocked them and deleted them from my contacts. My wife, I was one of about 800 men that wrote her on cyber but it was the words I wrote in my letter to her that stood out from the others, I have to say, i can lay on the charm in Spanish as good as any Latin guy can and maybe even better on some parts, regardless, she wrote me and asked for my phone number and 10 minutes later, the phone rang and it was her calling em from Ecuador. We talked for 3 hours about everything under the sun and if i did not know Spanish, she would have not given me the time of day. We talked for 4 months then I went last new years to meet her and we were married in march. The internet personals are time consuming and if you do not have the time to devote to it, it is better to go to an agency. If i were going to use an agency, I would use either Jamie's or the big one in Bogota because for the most part, the rest of them are crap although Cali charm it seems has a decent rep, but I would not date another Calena for all the poker beer in Cali, but that is my preference .

KB

Viva Ecuador !

Offline Jamie

• Commercial Member
    • http://International-Introductions.com
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2007, 05:29:57 PM »
Kiltboy please tell me the translator that you dated that said this because there is no accuracy to this number nor do I believe if this person worked for me that she worked for me very long because my translators keep me abreast of what is going on. I would not retain women with intentions of getting a green card nor would I retain a translator that did not reveal determental information. Your source of information is wrong and if you tell me her name I most likely will be able to provide more information why she is.

The women in International Introductions are not representative of the type of women you will find in other agencies we remove 10-15 girls per week many for behavior we don’t find acceptable so we don’t get a build up of problem women. We removed a very attractive woman this evening who had a good history with the agency solely because she failed to show up for a group introduction and felt because there were other women for the guy to meet she did not need to call. It is very unlikely any other service would do the same or be as intolerant as we are with improper women. The women in International Introductions are at worst representative of the women in Colombia and I could make a good argument better. Most of the women in Colombia and in International Introductions would prefer to live in Colombia with an American then move to the States. Colombian women whose primary objective is leaving Colombia are easy to detect for those with basic observation skills.
Engage the Exotic - Latin Women
http://International-Introductions.com

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128