It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: For those of you who went with Jamie's agency...  (Read 39800 times)

Offline Researcher

• The Perfect Match!
  • Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: For those of you who went with Jamie's agency...
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2007, 02:04:28 PM »
After talking to Singlefather e convinced me to write what I know about Jaimie's agency.  I never used the agency but I did date a girl that worked in the office.  Today I fond out she is not there any more.  But she told me that Jaimie is very strict with the women that work for him.  When I first heard this I thought ah he is an A-Hole.  But after hearing from some people I know, and guys from here that he is that way because he runs a tight ship.  So if he finds a shady girl he gets rid of them.  He has the guys best interest at heart.  Tomorrow morning I am moving on up to Barranquilla from Bogota. 

Hey BigStew, good to hear from you.I hope your trip is going well.I will be heading to Bogota at the end of the month myself.

I just read your post earlier SingleFather...my wife has a sister but she is married.
Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline singlefather no more

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2007, 06:51:38 PM »
Researcher ,

Oh well out of luck there.. lol

I salute your success and happiness Sir Researcher..

singlefather

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2007, 07:13:47 PM »
SF

Love you pic of the HIGHLANDER, being a Scot decendant myself, I love those movies. I loved the series with Adrian Paul too, he was a BADASS !
I still think they screwed up by not giving Adrian Paul the JAMES BOND role in the last movie. He is the only guy I have seen that has the look of SIR SEAN CONNERY , and would have killed. Again, love the pic

KB
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2007, 07:13:47 PM »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2007, 07:33:31 PM »
SF

Love you pic of the HIGHLANDER, being a Scot decendant myself, I love those movies. I loved the series with Adrian Paul too, he was a BADASS !
I still think they screwed up by not giving Adrian Paul the JAMES BOND role in the last movie. He is the only guy I have seen that has the look of SIR SEAN CONNERY , and would have killed. Again, love the pic

KB

Damn SF! I actually thought that pic was you .  I have never seen the Highlander movies although I have heard about them!

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline singlefather no more

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2007, 08:04:42 PM »
fathertime,

I am much more ugly then that pic.. I am 4'6" , 265 lbs.. lmao

How the heck do I upload a picture as my Avatar here from my Computer ?

singlefather

Offline catz

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2007, 08:15:09 PM »
fathertime,

I am much more ugly then that pic.. I am 4'6" , 265 lbs.. lmao

How the heck do I upload a picture as my Avatar here from my Computer ?

singlefather

Personal CP --> Forum Profile Information

Offline play2win

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2010, 07:36:57 PM »
This thread has been really helpful to me.  Are there any others who wish to share their experience or post best practices as far as dealing with his agency?

Offline play2win

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2010, 08:02:50 PM »
Also is there anyone who has a success story they wish to share (as in used Jamie's service and ended up in marriage?)   I noticed that a few people said they were willing to be private messages so I will try that route also.  if anyone has any information they wish to share in private (good or bad) please feel free to pm me.

Thanks!

Also last question what does the acronym AW stand for?  I have seen it a few times but not sure what it means.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2010, 09:47:03 PM »
Also is there anyone who has a success story they wish to share (as in used Jamie's service and ended up in marriage?)   I noticed that a few people said they were willing to be private messages so I will try that route also.  if anyone has any information they wish to share in private (good or bad) please feel free to pm me.

Thanks!

Also last question what does the acronym AW stand for?  I have seen it a few times but not sure what it means.

AW is american woman.
I had a good experience using latinwife.com (jamie's agency) found my adoring wife from the site...having first child together later this year...jamie can give you plenty of very attractive women to choose from, and he can do it in a hurry...just try to make a good call on who is sincere and who is going to work for you....if you choose well, you will be singing the website's praises as well.

good luck,

Fathertime!
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline michaelb

• Trips: 1 - 3

Offline play2win

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2010, 07:38:21 AM »
AW is american woman.
I had a good experience using latinwife.com (jamie's agency) found my adoring wife from the site...having first child together later this year...jamie can give you plenty of very attractive women to choose from, and he can do it in a hurry...just try to make a good call on who is sincere and who is going to work for you....if you choose well, you will be singing the website's praises as well.

good luck,

Fathertime!

Thank you.  How much on top of Jamie's fee's did the entire experience run you?  I am sure there are plane tickets, english lessons, visa, etc.  I am just trying to get a feel for how much I will need to come up with on top of what i will need to pay Jamie.  I will probably do the 3 day tour so I can meet as many women as possible as quickly as possible.  As I posted in another thread I am teaching myself spanish and I do not plan to do this for another 11 months so I am jsut trying to get a feel for things.

Again any feedback is appreciated and FT congrats man.  That is an amazing success story.  Good luck with your child I can't wait to be married and have one of my own!

Offline play2win

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2010, 07:40:44 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_3yeQeBOAI

lmaooooooo great song btw.  They actually released a dvd set in 2k7 from vegas

Offline JimD

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2010, 05:29:07 PM »
I think your last is a difficult question where a lot of variables can change the answer. Air fare? That´s easy to look up but changes every day. How many follow up trips will you make to court her after the first one when you meet her? Skip English lessons. They are of almost no value in Colombia unless the girl has a couple of years to get through level eight. Even that isn´t equivelent to a couple of months imersion in the US. Visa costs. That´s easy to look up too but will you marry in Colombia or ask for a fiance visa and how many trips to the US Embassy and will you go with her for the interview? And later...how much will she expect you to send her family? Seriously though it will likely be a very, very expensive project and a lot of guys drop out because of the high costs. Be prepared.
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2010, 05:29:07 PM »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2010, 06:13:12 PM »
Thank you.  How much on top of Jamie's fee's did the entire experience run you?  I am sure there are plane tickets, english lessons, visa, etc.  I am just trying to get a feel for how much I will need to come up with on top of what i will need to pay Jamie.  I will probably do the 3 day tour so I can meet as many women as possible as quickly as possible.  As I posted in another thread I am teaching myself spanish and I do not plan to do this for another 11 months so I am jsut trying to get a feel for things.

Again any feedback is appreciated and FT congrats man.  That is an amazing success story.  Good luck with your child I can't wait to be married and have one of my own!

thank you playtowin,
in so far as how much you will pay for your initial trip...you have to consider lodging which will cost you 100 a night at jamie's ( i recommend the apartment)  if you need a translator that could cost you another 80 per day...On top of these types of things, you will need perhaps another 50 dollars a day for incidentals... long term, if you are lucky enough to find a match for yourself..you are looking at much more money for things such as a return trip, a ring, hotel, airfare, etc etc...the visa process will set you back another several grand from door to door...all in all i think a person can expect to spend 10-20k on this over the course of a couple years....is it worth it?  If you can find your woman, it is worth it without a doubt!! 
good luck,
Fathertime!
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline play2win

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2010, 06:35:07 PM »
I think your last is a difficult question where a lot of variables can change the answer. Air fare? That´s easy to look up but changes every day. How many follow up trips will you make to court her after the first one when you meet her? Skip English lessons. They are of almost no value in Colombia unless the girl has a couple of years to get through level eight. Even that isn´t equivelent to a couple of months imersion in the US. Visa costs. That´s easy to look up too but will you marry in Colombia or ask for a fiance visa and how many trips to the US Embassy and will you go with her for the interview? And later...how much will she expect you to send her family? Seriously though it will likely be a very, very expensive project and a lot of guys drop out because of the high costs. Be prepared.

Hi.  Thank you for taking the time to reply.  The airfare is not a problem (I realize it changes daily).  How many follow up trips is the norm I guess is my question.  Ok I will skip the English lessons (thanks for the suggestion).  By that time (by the time she gets here.  My Spanish will be decent anyway, however I will expect her to learn English).  The actual Visa costs money? (probably sounds stupid but I had no clue, I thought you just petitioned for one, obviously why I am here gathering info).  I will not marry here there as based on my cursory research this does not seem the way most people go.  I will marry her here.  Is it better if I go with her to the interview?  What does that buy me? (metaphorically obviously ha!).  It does sound very expensive.  Also what if you dont find the right one when you are there?  It is not like I can fly down to Colombia every weekend.  I would never be able to afford that and I will not be able to take weeks on end off of work. I am not lucky enough to be in a business where I can do that :(

thank you playtowin,
in so far as how much you will pay for your initial trip...you have to consider lodging which will cost you 100 a night at jamie's ( i recommend the apartment)  if you need a translator that could cost you another 80 per day...On top of these types of things, you will need perhaps another 50 dollars a day for incidentals... long term, if you are lucky enough to find a match for yourself..you are looking at much more money for things such as a return trip, a ring, hotel, airfare, etc etc...the visa process will set you back another several grand from door to door...all in all i think a person can expect to spend 10-20k on this over the course of a couple years....is it worth it?  If you can find your woman, it is worth it without a doubt!! 
good luck,
Fathertime!

Hi again,
So 100 a night for 14 days is 1400 + his package which is 1400 roughly.  Thats 2800 with a translator for 3 days.  So I will need a translator for 11 days which is 880 just in translation.  700 in incidentals so thats 4340 just on the intial trip (without airfare).  I guess, again my question, is what is the norm as far as trips go (meaning how long does the average person go), let's say you meet the right girl the first time (how many subsequent trips after that).  I can't afford to drop that much money several times a year.   (Maybe i am too poor?).  I agree if you find the woman of your dream it is worth it.  How long does the process usually take? 

FT (or anyone else who has spent money on this path) if you dont mind me asking you some personal questions (feel free to respond in PM if that make the person answering more comfortable), how much time (cumulative months) + trips did it take for you and what was your total cost?  If you have not found the woman of your dreams yet (not FT I know he is good to go but anyone else) perhaps you could give a running time in months, trips & total cost thus far.  Again if these are things you do not wish to share publicly feel free to pm me. I do not have 20k of disposable income right now so maybe I am too poor to do this.  I did not think it would cost that much money. 

Offline JimD

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2010, 07:55:44 PM »
P2W I notice you said it´ll be eleven months  before your trip. That would give you time to take a Spanish course at your local community college. You could pair that with a private tutor and have a lot of Spanish under your belt by the time of your trip.

Offline play2win

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2010, 08:16:54 PM »
P2W I notice you said it´ll be eleven months  before your trip. That would give you time to take a Spanish course at your local community college. You could pair that with a private tutor and have a lot of Spanish under your belt by the time of your trip.

Hi.  If I can afford the trip at this point lmao!!!! (Another thread told me to expect to spend about 20k).  Right now I am using a combination of the following software: http://www.rosettastone.com/learn-spanish & http://www.fluenz.com/languages/spanish/learn-spanish/index.html

What's interesting is most people are familiar with Rosetta Stone but research has shown me it is not the best program it is actually just the best marketed one.  I did a fair amount of research regarding Spanish software and they all said the same thing (Rosetta is good but not the best).  Here is one site I liked but this is not the sole site I used to evaluate Spanish software: http://learn-spanish-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Both pieces of software apply different approaches.  I am combing that with various cd's from friends & eventually in about a month or so I will begin practicing with my Colombian & puerto rican friends.

I am doing both since I got them for free & since I feel have time (11 months). 

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2010, 03:59:10 PM »
I agree with anywhere from $10-20K amount from start to end. I met my fiancee through Jamie's and my ex was through his place also. His cost was the least of the amount. The other cost is for airfare, hotels, ring, Visa costs.

I think it is worth it though. I would have spent much more than that with three year's worth of heavy relationships here in the States. And it would not have been nearly as fun! ;)

I think it takes a minimum of four good trips to really know what you are getting into with a woman from Colombia.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2010, 04:18:07 PM »
I do not believe in using translators!  I believe in trying to work things out between you too.    3 years ago, I went to Cali with ACG, and had a date with a lady (with translator) and another lady (without translator).

Guess what?  I got on well with the lady without translator.  She was willingly to learn and work out.   It felt real.

The lady with translator - she was quite lazy - looking at translator most of the time!!
She wasn't really aware or show seriousness in language difference.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2010, 04:27:12 PM »
Play2Win

I have never been to Jamie's Agency, but I was told that he is the best.  Being the best agency does not guarantee you 100% success.  It depends on you and the lady you have picked.

I have paid for 10 ladies  "Who Is Interested In Me?"  (This is no longer available on sale).  And had 4 or 5 of them in my facebook lists (now deleted them) and they are all 'party' type girls and showed "in a relationships".   2 of them are still in Jamie's lists! 

Just be aware to whom you will choose?  hot girl? 

Offline Zon

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2010, 04:35:57 PM »
"I think it takes a minimum of four good trips to really know what you are getting into with a woman from Colombia."

Ya think?!?!?   OF COURSE IT TAKES THAT AND MORE

I am not trying to be a smart A$$ ... but JESUS people! 

This is not a transaction, and the sooner you figure that out the better.  You are not getting to know the REAL PERSON by a flippin mile when you fly in, and are able to spend a couple grand ... meanwhile the nice, well meaning lady is "happy" and balanced" in her natural state.  Even in the best of situations (meaning intentions) there is a felling like someone is winning the lottery, or at least getting a dream job.  You know what I mean?  Do you know how important status and money is in Colombia?  More than I can express here in words

If the woman is interested in re-located (which strongly implies borderline desperate).  She is on her best behavior.  And will remain so for as long as she can stand it.  This can last months, even years.

Happily, not all women desire re-location as a first choice.  These are better prospects if you ask me.

Offline JimD

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2010, 07:24:43 PM »
All the women who are available through any agency including those in Barranquilla are looking to relocate to the United States or Europe. What part of that could anyone here not understand. They do not sign up at agencies with the expectation of finding a North American or European man (with wealth and status ja ja ja) who has a lovely home in a strata six barrio in some city in Colombia. JESUS PEOPLE. Priority one is get out of Colombia. Subsequent priorities are finding a stable provider for their children by an irresponsible Colombian guy, someone who will send money to their family in Colombia and lastly be with a man who can offer them a substantially higher standard of living than the last Colombian boyfriend who dumped them for a younger prettier chica.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2010, 09:48:15 PM »
My thought is without living with the woman you a person won't know enough to make this a safe bet. If a person has a good feeling about the woman after a trip or two and wants to roll the dice, it is not the worst call.  A far worse decision is to paralyze yourself and never get off the pot for fear of making a mistake.  All this is dependent on the person having decent judgement in the first place.  I've noticed through the years that not everybody can say they have this judgement.  What is unfortunate is the people that do have the poor judgement don't have the sense to realize that their judgement is poor.  These people are pretty much doomed to screw up if they find the finances to see it all through.

Fathertime!
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2010, 09:48:15 PM »

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2010, 11:47:29 PM »
All the women who are available through any agency including those in Barranquilla are looking to relocate to the United States or Europe. What part of that could anyone here not understand. They do not sign up at agencies with the expectation of finding a North American or European man (with wealth and status ja ja ja) who has a lovely home in a strata six barrio in some city in Colombia. JESUS PEOPLE. Priority one is get out of Colombia. Subsequent priorities are finding a stable provider for their children by an irresponsible Colombian guy, someone who will send money to their family in Colombia and lastly be with a man who can offer them a substantially higher standard of living than the last Colombian boyfriend who dumped them for a younger prettier chica.
I have made 15 trips now to Colombia and by far I have met more women who would prefer to stay in Colombia if I could make my business and bring my children to live there. If they are dying to come to the States, that is a big red flag for me. It would mean there is a pretty good chance the girl is an "interesada" and you are just a vehicle to get her to the next level.

Offline Alabamaboy!

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2010, 11:55:24 PM »
Zon: I figure most guys who are serious would travel every three months or so. So if they made 4 trips, that is an entire year of MSN, hotmail, face to face time, cell phones, facebook, etc.

If a guy needs much more time than that, they are either not very serious, or not very intelligent, or both.

After four trips or a year of knowing someone, you should be ready to roll the dice or not. Because just as you mentioned in your post, when you are coming there they are on their best behavior, and no matter if you make 4 or 14 trips, they can be "on their best behavior" during the trips and you will never know what the real deal is.

Sooner or later you need to get off the sidelines and get in the game. If all looks pretty good, give it a chance. It is the only way you will ever know for sure. You cannot know anything for sure with a long distance relationship when she is on her home turf.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5874
Latest: BillyGeots
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 2
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 345