It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Heading to the Philippines for the month of december  (Read 2813 times)

Offline piglett

• your porkness
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Heading to the Philippines for the month of december
« on: October 03, 2017, 07:02:24 PM »
my wife myself & my 71 year old mother will be spending the month of December in the Philippines

we plan to only spend 2 nights in Manila, the rest will be in the province at my inlaws place.

this will be my 3rd trip there. I hope the Red Horse is good & cold when i arrive

piglett

PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Heading to the Philippines for the month of december
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 07:13:42 PM »
my wife myself & my 71 year old mother will be spending the month of December in the Philippines

we plan to only spend 2 nights in Manila, the rest will be in the province at my inlaws place.

this will be my 3rd trip there. I hope the Red Horse is good & cold when i arrive

piglett

Well, as they start getting into the Christmas spirit in the 'ber' months as you know---SeptemBER, playing Christmas songs on the radio etc., they should be good and ready for Christmas when you get there. If it were me, I'd much prefer to also be out in the provinces, where old ways die slower.

Christian holidays are just such huge events to the people there. It's a lot less about material things or fruit cake and candy canes. Even beyond religious holidays, but by the same measure, the things that are meaningful, the things that give  lot of Filipinos pleasure compared to life in the USA,  are soooo different.

I'm sure you'll have a great time and I'm glad you're not traveling all that way, just to spend a week or ten days. I'm sure you're really gonna miss that snow plow, bud.....
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:34:57 PM »
Well, as they start getting into the Christmas spirit in the 'ber' months as you know---SeptemBER, playing Christmas songs on the radio etc., they should be good and ready for Christmas when you get there. If it were me, I'd much prefer to also be out in the provinces, where old ways die slower.

Christian holidays are just such huge events to the people there. It's a lot less about material things or fruit cake and candy canes. Even beyond religious holidays, but by the same measure, the things that are meaningful, the things that give  lot of Filipinos pleasure compared to life in the USA,  are soooo different.

I'm sure you'll have a great time and I'm glad you're not traveling all that way, just to spend a week or ten days. I'm sure you're really gonna miss that snow plow, bud.....

i'll give the plow truck the month off :)

i have some things to do while there so i will be doing more than just tipping back cold beer.

Grandpa's roof is leaking & i plan to hire a helper & we will take care of that matter including replacing the tin roofing

& probably the rafters too unless they are in great shape (they are probably in dam poor shape)

i'm sure his kids who work in Hawaii, London & Canada will get their feelings hurt a little

but the dam roof has been leaking for over a year now & no one does anything

they don't even send him 1 peso so my wife & i have been providing him with a few bucks each month & from time

to time a sack of rice. I plan to bring him a carton of Marbloro's as he still likes to have a smoke from time to time.

at 81 years of age they still have not killed him so i figure smoking a few more can't hurt.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:34:57 PM »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 12:59:41 PM »
i'll give the plow truck the month off :)

i have some things to do while there so i will be doing more than just tipping back cold beer.

Grandpa's roof is leaking & i plan to hire a helper & we will take care of that matter including replacing the tin roofing

& probably the rafters too unless they are in great shape (they are probably in dam poor shape)

i'm sure his kids who work in Hawaii, London & Canada will get their feelings hurt a little

but the dam roof has been leaking for over a year now & no one does anything

they don't even send him 1 peso so my wife & i have been providing him with a few bucks each month & from time

to time a sack of rice. I plan to bring him a carton of Marbloro's as he still likes to have a smoke from time to time.

at 81 years of age they still have not killed him so i figure smoking a few more can't hurt.

We'd expect no less of you. How's the family? You've never been one to brag, but I can't think of anybody else around here who's managed to go to the other side of the planet, sucessfully wooing a beautiful bride, create a family, have both himself as well as his wife in college and a whole lot more good stuff we never hear about!

I won't be surprised if you get a little boat fixing and engine repair done again when you're there... It's 'The getter dun, Pig!'

And yeah, those Marlboros are good as gold over there. 'The "Standard" We've seen them selling single Marlboro cigarettes on the street that looked legit, but were probably fake!

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 06:25:54 PM »
We'd expect no less of you. How's the family? You've never been one to brag, but I can't think of anybody else around here who's managed to go to the other side of the planet, sucessfully wooing a beautiful bride, create a family, have both himself as well as his wife in college and a whole lot more good stuff we never hear about!

I won't be surprised if you get a little boat fixing and engine repair done again when you're there... It's 'The getter dun, Pig!'

And yeah, those Marlboros are good as gold over there. 'The "Standard" We've seen them selling single Marlboro cigarettes on the street that looked legit, but were probably fake!

At this point i'm all done school & i'll be finishing up my Mercury/Mercruiser & Volvo Penta certifications this winter.

while still in school i started at a local marina as their paid intern. this turned into full time employment once i

graduated.

My wife Marily is working nights as a medical nursing assistant at a local nursing home plus she also in her spare

time works cleaning boats at the same marina where i work. she also has a 3rd job cleaning rooms 2 days a week

at a local hotel. After 5 years somehow someway she got her drivers license. her backing skills are still not so good

but she is getting better. she is saving money so she can retake all of her nursing classes starting next Sept.

Our 2 kids ages 3 & 1.5 are in the province with their grandparents. they are living like royalty,

no i'm not kidding, everywhere they go people stop dead in their tracks & ask if they may have a picture with the

2 little white kids. it is as if they are famous rock stars or something such as that. which i finds strange but what

do i know?

Piglett

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 06:27:28 PM by piglett »

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 07:21:35 PM »
At this point i'm all done school & i'll be finishing up my Mercury/Mercruiser & Volvo Penta certifications this winter.

while still in school i started at a local marina as their paid intern. this turned into full time employment once i

graduated.

My wife Marily is working nights as a medical nursing assistant at a local nursing home plus she also in her spare

time works cleaning boats at the same marina where i work. she also has a 3rd job cleaning rooms 2 days a week

at a local hotel. After 5 years somehow someway she got her drivers license. her backing skills are still not so good

but she is getting better. she is saving money so she can retake all of her nursing classes starting next Sept.

Our 2 kids ages 3 & 1.5 are in the province with their grandparents. they are living like royalty,

no i'm not kidding, everywhere they go people stop dead in their tracks & ask if they may have a picture with the

2 little white kids. it is as if they are famous rock stars or something such as that. which i finds strange but what

do i know?

Piglett

Totally awesome!!! You guys demonstrate how with work, love and just keeping at it, the Amercan Dream is still obtainable. Seeing how you're doing so great, and speaking of 'love' and 'keeping at it' --we sure hope you have at least ten more of those beautiful kiddos!

You still have a coop of those nuclear sized chickens?

And oh, my wife can't parallel park after 12 years. Anything in the city alone, it's parking garage$ and like a trip to the airport, I have to pre rehearse the route with her b4 she attempts it alone. Out on the road, she's a very safe and competent driver, never gets mad like I do, never flips people off, never even gives em the 'look'. How unamerican! She loves when I drive, but encourages me to try and be 'nice' --forgiving and understanding with terrible drivers. Coming home, she loves me backing her ancient Camry into the driveway, so in the morning, she doesnt need to back out b4 going to work...

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 04:47:59 PM »
Totally awesome!!! You guys demonstrate how with work, love and just keeping at it, the Amercan Dream is still obtainable. Seeing how you're doing so great, and speaking of 'love' and 'keeping at it' --we sure hope you have at least ten more of those beautiful kiddos!

You still have a coop of those nuclear sized chickens?

And oh, my wife can't parallel park after 12 years. Anything in the city alone, it's parking garage$ and like a trip to the airport, I have to pre rehearse the route with her b4 she attempts it alone. Out on the road, she's a very safe and competent driver, never gets mad like I do, never flips people off, never even gives em the 'look'. How unamerican! She loves when I drive, but encourages me to try and be 'nice' --forgiving and understanding with terrible drivers. Coming home, she loves me backing her ancient Camry into the driveway, so in the morning, she doesnt need to back out b4 going to work...

we figured out what was causing the babies to arrive & that factory has been closed down

we do still have our exrta large chickens & now a trio of pigs. our 1st litter of piglets arrived monday

until June my wife was also driving a 96' Camry, then she purchased her 1st new car ,a corolla with a back

up camera.  ;D

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864