It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Barranquilla Trip May/June  (Read 8642 times)

Offline Alabamaboy!

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Barranquilla Trip May/June
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 11:36:26 AM »
Wow! Those are some crazy prices!!! I better stay in BAQ or Santa Marta where you can get a nice meal with carne asada or pollo, soup, papas or yucca, and a drink for about $2

I need to get set up in Colombia though because the way things are going with the currency exchange, the same type of thing might happen in Colombia as what has happened in Brazil. Colombia seems like a mini Brazil with lots of natural resources, good location, cheap labor, lots of land. And they have a stingy banking system which will never collapse with the BS that happened in the US

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 12:26:39 PM »
So, I'm thinking about setting up an agency to help wealthy Brazilian women go husband hunting in the US... :P

You got your first client right here. Just tell me where to send the pictures of myself with my shirt off and that look of evil intent on my face!!!!

Offline AndyLee

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2011, 11:16:33 AM »
That is one pricey haircut ... must be good!

My last cut cost $3.000 in a salon about a hundred yards from my wife's house.  It's grown out now, and I'm dreading paying $24 for my next cut here in Canada.  >:(

When I got my first Colombian haircut in Barranquilla a couple years ago I laughed out loud when she charged my 10,000, which included a shampoo and rinse after the cut. Wow! In the states I was paying $20 for a 5 minute haircut but in BAQ was $5 for a 20 minute haircut and the shampoo and rinse by the very pretty assistant was free so I gave her a 2,000 tip. Damn, I can still feel the girl's fingers massaging my scalp, what a tremendous good feeling!
If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2011, 11:16:33 AM »

Offline Kiltboy1

• She Loves What's Under The Kilt
  • Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2011, 04:16:53 PM »
I definitely do not want to live an American lifestyle. I don't understand people who go to other countries trying to live US lifestyles. If they want to do that, why not just stay in the US?

I know for sure I could live in Colombia for $1500/month. But I was pretty sure that with Brazil's economy that the prices have to be moving pretty high against the dollar.

Ecuador

For $1500 a month , that will get you a 75K American lifestyle there. I am not joking, I cannot make this [snip] up 8)

KB
She Loves What's Under The Kilt !

Viva Ecuador !

Offline beginthebeguin

• WOVO - is a go
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 08:12:02 AM »
Andy said:
When I got my first Colombian haircut in Barranquilla a couple years ago I laughed out loud when she charged my 10,000, which included a shampoo and rinse after the cut. Wow! In the states I was paying $20 for a 5 minute haircut but in BAQ was $5 for a 20 minute haircut and the shampoo and rinse by the very pretty assistant was free so I gave her a 2,000 tip. Damn, I can still feel the girl's fingers massaging my scalp, what a tremendous good feeling!
Got ya beat, my novia said she would give me a haircut from now on and I jokingly said what do you charge a 'dinner out' and she said yes. jajaja I figured I would still be ahead of the game even if she wanted to go dancing afterwards. Great story Andy keep them coming.

"Any club that would have me as a member I wouldn't want to join." - G. Marx,  not Karl

"Now children all colombianas you meet on the internet are bad. Muukay". - Mr. Makey

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 08:31:38 AM »
I definitely do not want to live an American lifestyle. I don't understand people who go to other countries trying to live US lifestyles. If they want to do that, why not just stay in the US?

Some people cannot afford to live as a luxury lifestyle in USA.   Some of these people like to "show off" their "luxury" lifestyle in Colombia when they couldn't do it in the United States.

Offline dennislevy

• pick a realistic goal and do it.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2011, 10:47:29 AM »
Andy, you ve got as much hair as I do, jejejejejeje  I gon t go for that shampoo and scalp massage stuff, jejeje    I just say numero uno.....and she goes to work.....
5,000 pesos and 500 or a thousand  for a tip, but as Whitey says in a small 1 chair out of someone s
you can do even better. I did it once in BQ

« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:57:41 AM by dennislevy »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133129