It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Big bad Venezuela...going deep deep cover, 007 incognito style. 8) 8) 8)  (Read 28257 times)

Offline Awesome

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Big bad Venezuela...going deep deep cover, 007 incognito style. 8) 8) 8)
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2016, 07:54:28 PM »
Latest update - I'm getting the hell out of Venezuela.  The main reason is because I'm here illegally and I read this story about an American being held on some bs charges of "terrorism and espionage" and not being allowed a fair trial or even to see his lawyer.  So as of now if I get checked by a cop or official I have two strikes against me 1 I'm American with a US passport, and 2 I'm here illegally with no visa and no entry stamp on my passport, which gives them legal cause to detain me if they find me out.  So tomorrow I'm catching a bus back to the border and hopefully I'll be able to slip back into Colombia unmolested.  Then I'll catch a bus from Cucuta back to Medellin(again), and then fly back home before the new year.

One advantage I do have is that I was actually born in Mexico and I can obtain a Mexican passport which would allow me to fly right into Venezuela with no problem at all, and I wouldn't have to worry about getting hassled by the government like this Joshua Holt guy is getting railroaded just because he's American.  So I'm going home, getting my Mexican passport asap then I'm on the first plane to Caracas baby!  Then I'll upload all the pics of me in Los Roques, Morrocoy, Salto De Angel with some big booty mamacitas, yeah baby!!  Or if I get detained tomorrow while trying to slip out of the country, you guys might be reading about me on the news some time soon.

One thing is for sure, the cash situation around here is F*CKED!  If you have $100 usd worth of Venezuelan currency you need a damn grocery bag to carry it around in.  It's like piles and piles of cash.  Most Venezuelans aren't even using cash right now, only bank cards.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/12/23/venezuela-joshua-holt-denied-attorney-consultation/

Offline Awesome

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2016, 01:15:08 PM »
In case anyone was wondering Awesome is not locked up in Venezuelan prison.  I successfully made it out of the country without having my passport checked.  I got nervous on the bus ride back to San Antonio(border town) when the bus had to pass through a checkpoint, but we rode right through it, didn't even stop.  Then I had to walk past a bunch of Venezuelan border cops on my way back across the border.  Then at the Colombian customs office I had to bribe them 100k cop to stamp my passport.  They didn't stamp it at first because I didn't have any stamp from another country following the Colombian exit stamp.  Then a shady looking unmarked "taxi" took me to some little shady neighborhood right next to the border to exchange the grocery bag full of bolivares(Venezuelan cash) back into Colombian pesos.  I was glad to find somebody to buy them from me.  I was scared nobody would want the bolivares and that I would just be stuck with them but luckily I got them exchanged.

Overall I was just glad to get out of Venezuela, after reading the Joshua Holt story.  That just shows that a government that is hostile towards the US can and will make an example out of an American citizen within it's borders.  They can plant contraband on you and charge you with some complete bs and there's nothing you can do about it.  You basically have no rights.  I'd go back to Venezuela, but only with a passport from a country other than the US.

Offline Awesome

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2016, 10:27:39 PM »
Well I'm back in the good 'ol USA, arrived last night.  I went out and partied pretty hard my last night in Medellin with this black chick that I'd met during my last trip to Colombia.  We went bar hopping around el centro and had a blast.  One thing I noticed hanging out with a black girl is I felt just a tiny bit awkward when I noticed that in the places we went to we were the only interracial couple there.  She didn't seem to feel any awkwardness at all which was nice, since many times black women in the US that I've dated are constantly perceiving that they're being discriminated against or treated differently.  In my very limited experience with black Colombians I've never seen one of them carrying a chip on their shoulder or feeling resentment similar to what many African Americans seem to feel on a regular basis.  We had such a great time that I missed my morning flight and had to pay a few hundred bucks to catch another flight back home.

Right now it's 40 minutes left until 2017 and I'm just here chilling with friends, family, and neighbors shooting fireworks having a good time.  I'm already gathering information on how I'm going to apply for a MX passport and take my next trip to Venezuela, LEGALLY this time.  DAMN IT I wish I would've done that BEFORE I went this last time.  I didn't know that Venezuela is so serious about the whole visa thing.  So keep a look out for Big Bad Venezuela part 2 coming soon to a theater near you...

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2016, 10:27:39 PM »

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2017, 03:38:20 PM »
So when are you going to Iceland and the himalayas Walter?

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2017, 03:51:54 PM »

That's about 11 bucks right there.

I bet this is where you picked up the Bolivars.

https://www.travelex.com/stores/houston-galleria-mall-houston-tx/7428

So where did you do the shoot? In Grannies basement :)

Offline Juan Valdez

« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2017, 04:12:32 PM »
So when are you going to Iceland and the himalayas Walter?

+1

I can't wait to hear what he will report as the "go to" music of those places  ::)

Offline Awesome

« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2017, 04:21:48 PM »

I bet this is where you picked up the Bolivars.

https://www.travelex.com/stores/houston-galleria-mall-houston-tx/7428

So where did you do the shoot? In Grannies basement :)

An currency exchange in Texas is NOT going to give somebody THIRTY THOUSAND bolivares for $11 US dollars.

Try again troll.

To be fair though that photo doesn't prove that I was actually in Venezuela.  I could've acquired those bills in Cucuta, since there are plenty of people there who will exchange cop/usd/bolivares at the black market rate.  But I promise that pic was taken in San Cristobal, Venezuela.

Offline Awesome

« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2017, 04:30:10 PM »
+1

I can't wait to hear what he will report as the "go to" music of those places  ::)

Roll your eyes all you want, that doesn't change the fact that I spanked your little hiney when you tried to debate me on what the most popular genre of music is in Colombia.

Offline Awesome

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2017, 11:35:45 PM »
 ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 12:10:53 AM by Awesome »

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2017, 02:13:36 PM »
Well I'm back in the good 'ol USA, arrived last night.  I went out and partied pretty hard my last night in Medellin with this black chick that I'd met during my last trip to Colombia.  We went bar hopping around el centro and had a blast.  One thing I noticed hanging out with a black girl is I felt just a tiny bit awkward when I noticed that in the places we went to we were the only interracial couple there.  She didn't seem to feel any awkwardness at all which was nice, since many times black women in the US that I've dated are constantly perceiving that they're being discriminated against or treated differently.  In my very limited experience with black Colombians I've never seen one of them carrying a chip on their shoulder or feeling resentment similar to what many African Americans seem to feel on a regular basis.  We had such a great time that I missed my morning flight and had to pay a few hundred bucks to catch another flight back home.

Right now it's 40 minutes left until 2017 and I'm just here chilling with friends, family, and neighbors shooting fireworks having a good time.  I'm already gathering information on how I'm going to apply for a MX passport and take my next trip to Venezuela, LEGALLY this time.  DAMN IT I wish I would've done that BEFORE I went this last time.  I didn't know that Venezuela is so serious about the whole visa thing.  So keep a look out for Big Bad Venezuela part 2 coming soon to a theater near you...

I dated a white Colombiana for a year. We spent a lot of time in Bogota and along the coast. She was a busy body so we were always out doing something. She was even in Rio with me a while. Never had a single issue anywhere we went in Latin America. Now...in somewhere like Texas on the other hand.... :o

Offline Awesome

« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2017, 12:49:35 PM »

I dated a white Colombiana for a year. We spent a lot of time in Bogota and along the coast. She was a busy body so we were always out doing something. She was even in Rio with me a while. Never had a single issue anywhere we went in Latin America. Now...in somewhere like Texas on the other hand.... :o

I don't know why you think you would have an issue in Texas.  I see interracial couples all the time in Texas and nobody seems to care.

One factor that makes me feel a tiny bit awkward when I'm out with a black chick is that it's just not very common to see a white/hispanic guy with a black female.  Most interracial couples are a black guy with a white/hispanic female, not the other way around.

Offline benjio

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2017, 07:19:03 AM »

I don't know why you think you would have an issue in Texas.  I see interracial couples all the time in Texas and nobody seems to care.

One factor that makes me feel a tiny bit awkward when I'm out with a black chick is that it's just not very common to see a white/hispanic guy with a black female.  Most interracial couples are a black guy with a white/hispanic female, not the other way around.

For the most part people don't care. But there is the rare circumstance where someone will openly express a problem with it.....and that's usually black women.

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2017, 09:48:53 AM »

For the most part people don't care. But there is the rare circumstance where someone will openly express a problem with it.....and that's usually black women.

Here in California  when my wife and I get nasty looks, it's usually from black women or black men..I've  never asked what problem they have with us being together, so I really don't know what it is, other than maybe they don't approve of her being with a white man....

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2017, 09:48:53 AM »

Offline Awesome

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2017, 12:54:52 PM »

Lmao!!  Sad but true.

But you can't blame black women for resenting the fact that so many black men are actively seeking to date white women instead of dating black women.  I mean I'm not exaggerating when I say that most black men I know openly admit that they'd rather date white/hispanic women.  If I were a black women I'd be mad too.  lol  But with that being said I know plenty of black women who are awesome, happy, positive-minded, loving, beautiful people, so it's pretty easy to avoid the angry ones.

Offline Awesome

Ok I finally made it to Caracas.  I just arrived today on the bus from San Cristobal and I've been WALKING the city all freaking day.  My feet hurt, my knees hurt, my whole body hurts from the waist down.  I haven't walked this much in a very long time.

While I was back in the US I obtained my MX passport and it's a good thing, as opposed to trying to bus it to Caracas with only an unstamped US passport.  I got pulled off the bus by the "guardia" at a checkpoint and thoroughly searched and interrogated.  They even went through my text messages on my phone.  Needless to say I was scared, thinking I was going to jail for being a Yankee spy terrorist, but luckily I think they were mostly looking for drugs so they let me get back on the bus.

Just basic observations, I like what I see so far.  Caracas just seems like any normal city to me.  I haven't felt unsafe at all.  And I haven't seen all the starvation, suffering, and chaos that people always say about this place.  There are restaurants and supermercados all over the place and they're full of food.  It just feels like being in Colombia, basically.  One contrast from Medellin, here I haven't seen the hoodlums, the crackheads, the homeless beggars roaming the downtown streets.  I flew into Medellin again and again I had to stay there an extra few days straightening out some issues with my crappy bank.  Anyway I'll be here for a while and I'll keep you guys updated.  And don't worry I won't be getting drunk or doing any stupid stuff.

Oh yea and my hotel has plenty of toilet paper.  They even have a little spray thing next to the toilet that I guess is used to give yourself a little squirt of water to make sure you're extra clean.  The hotel I stayed at in San Cristobal in December had plenty of toilet paper too.

Offline Awesome

I was wondering around looking for a place to wash my laundry and I stumbled onto this street full of military monuments, buildings and a huge long drill pad with bleachers which I guess is for military demonstrations.  All that stuff looked pretty impressive.  I took these pics but the stupid image hosting turned them sideways for some reason.  I tried to fix it but couldn't, sorry.

Offline benjio

They even have a little spray thing next to the toilet that I guess is used to give yourself a little squirt of water to make sure you're extra clean.

LMAO!!!! I thought exactly the same thing for the first few months after I moved to Brazil. But according to the Cariocas it's actually to spray any "debris" off the sides of the bowl before you flush. You can use it for what you're describing but just make sure to flush first. Really sucks if you drop that thing down into the toilet, have to go fishing for it and then having to clean it off. I've been there.  :o

Have fun down there.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:58:21 AM by benjio »

Offline Awesome

LMAO!!!! I thought exactly the same thing for the first few months after I moved to Brazil. But according to the Cariocas it's actually to spray any "debris" off the sides of the bowl before you flush. You can use it for what you're describing but just make sure to flush first. Really sucks if you drop that thing down into the toilet, have to go fishing for it and then having to clean it off. I've been there.  :o

Have fun down there.

Oh ok that's what it's for.  Good thing I haven't used it yet lol. 

I'm pissed right now.  I rode the subway to downtown and back to buy a chip for my phone and I somehow lost it on the way back.  I didn't even realize it was gone until I got back to my hotel.  The subway ride on the back we were packed in there like sardines and either it fell out of my pocket or I got pickpocketted.  Now I have to buy a whole new phone.  Agghh!

Offline Awesome

Ok I didn't have to buy a new phone after all, since I have like 5 phones with me one of them was unlocked and works with the movilstar chip.  That's good because the cheapest smartphone they had was over a hundred bucks, unlike Colombia where you can get a cheapy smartphone for like 30 bucks.  I don't want to be wasting money here because I can't just go to any atm to pull out cash unlike Colombia.  When I need more cash I'm going to have to travel my arse all the way to Colombia to hit the atm, then, exchange it into usd, then travel my arse all the way back to Caracas.  I got this guy who's going to help me open a Venezuelan bank account tomorrow so I'll be able to sell some bitcoin for Venezuelan money and have it loaded onto my Venezuelan atm card so I won't have to go all the way to Colombia just to access cash.

I walked to the mall close to where I'm staying which happens to be right next to all those military buildings which I guess would be like the pentagon of Venezuela.  The mall was crawling with military personnel in uniform.  If felt kinda weird being among all those soldiers who are probably trained to hate gringos.  Part of the mall had a big shiny grocery store full of food, American style.  It seemed ironic since right around the corner in the working class neighborhoods people are lined up at the little supermercados to use their foodstamp coupon vouchers to get their daily rations of food.  I'm fascinated by this whole weird "socialist" system.  At my hotel the wifi only works in the lobby so I have to be down here to use the internet, which is kinda cool because I see everybody coming and going.  There are a lot of soldiers staying here which I thought was odd until I realized we're right by the Venezuelan pentagon.  There is also a contigent of Chinese people staying here.  I'm wondering what the hell they're doing here.  I'm going to ask somebody sooner or later.  Needless to say there were gorgeous Venezolanas everywhere I looked in the mall, and basically everywhere else around this place.  I'm falling in love like every 5 minutes in this city.

I think I'm going to erase those photos I took out of my phone in case I get searched and interrogated by the "guardia" again and they wonder why the hell I'm going around taking pictures of their military installations.  Awesome 007 deep cover signing out...

Offline Elexpatriado

As you keep telling Buencamino..

FOTOS PLEASE

And not of that spray bottle next to the toilet

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10

They even have a little spray thing next to the toilet that I guess is used to give yourself a little squirt of water to make sure you're extra clean.

They heard you were coming. It's mouthwash.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Awesome

As you keep telling Buencamino..

FOTOS PLEASE

And not of that spray bottle next to the toilet

Dude, did you not see those fotos I posted of the military drill pad, and the monuments, and the big fancy military academy building?

It's funny you mention the spray thingy by the toilet, I was just about to post a pic of it along with a pic of a Hugo Chavez wooden statue that was for sale in the mall, but the stupid image hosting website turns all of my fotos sideways.

What do you want me to post fotos of?  The shopping mall?  The people packed like sardines in the subway?  People standing in lines to get their daily bread?  I can't believe you bozos really think that I'm making all this stuff up jaja!  Give me a specific request for some fotos and I'll do my best to accommodate you.  Damn I'm still pissed I lost that phone today!   >:(

I'm still in the hotel lobby and this soldier was eyeballing me, probably wondering why I have this cool shiny laptop and a bunch of phones sitting around my chair.  Little does he know I'm just an unorganized stoner who likes to play around with electronics jaja.

Offline Elexpatriado

Dude, did you not see those fotos I posted of the military drill pad, and the monuments, and the big fancy military academy building?

It's funny you mention the spray thingy by the toilet, I was just about to post a pic of it along with a pic of a Hugo Chavez wooden statue that was for sale in the mall, but the stupid image hosting website turns all of my fotos sideways.

What do you want me to post fotos of?  The shopping mall?  The people packed like sardines in the subway?  People standing in lines to get their daily bread?  I can't believe you bozos really think that I'm making all this stuff up jaja!  Give me a specific request for some fotos and I'll do my best to accommodate you.  Damn I'm still pissed I lost that phone today!   >:(

I'm still in the hotel lobby and this soldier was eyeballing me, probably wondering why I have this cool shiny laptop and a bunch of phones sitting around my chair.  Little does he know I'm just an unorganized stoner who likes to play around with electronics jaja.

Repost the military base with Venezuelan flag with you with a big sign saying "Awesome" in front of it.
You can use the sign to cover your face if you want.

Planet-Love.com

Offline Awesome

Venezuelan money, MX passport, US passport, toilet spray, and my trusty Rockets hat.  How about that?

free unlimited image hosting

Offline Elexpatriado

ja ja..bathrooms dont count. Military bases with Venezuela flags or view of Caracas  from the cable car please. You can use your dumb hat if you want..but somethingin the picture toidentify you clearly

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 299