It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Bogotá Trip  (Read 10711 times)

Offline Elexpatriado

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Bogotá Trip
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2016, 01:32:22 PM »
Well as promised, here is a little on my 2 weeks in Bogotá with 2 days left here.

I arrived and met a girl from Cupid. I had not great attraction to her but she was sweet. There was no chemistry and I never met her again.

My hotel was in a great location, right near Parque 93. This was my first time to Bogota. I only used Cupid which I believe was my downfall. I had planned on using the agencies too but did not.

I met around 6 girls only. They where all sweet apart from one who I could tell was only after money. I did not have chemistry with any to be honest.  I liked one girl who was only 26, she openly admitted she was bisexual which did not bother me.
I dated her 4-5 times before I thought I was wasting my time has I had only around 60% chemistry with her. The fact we had sex on our second date was off putting but was still good.

I really like the girls in Bogota,  more than the girls on the coast. I also had many days where I did not meet anyone. Not easy when they work.

A little disappointed I did not meet someone I had real chemistry with. I am coming back in Sept for a further 2 weeks. This time using Cupid and the agencies.

I found some of the girls in Cupid, even though they give me their number to chat in whatsapp had no real interest in meeting at all. I am currently in contact with only the girl I dated 4 times but cannot see anything developing if I am honest.

Any questions,  please feel free to ask. I would also like to ask if anyone could give me advice on improving my chances next time, meet more girls for example.

I have learned many things whilst here and hope my next trip is more successful.

I am now wondering what to do with 2 days left here?

Good Report. Good your are being tenacious and dont give up. The true joy is in the journey, not the destination.

Cupido, Facebook, Agencies are not the best way to meet real quality women as potential "soul mates". Its through friends and activities you do when you are on the ground living there. Although no way am i saying it cant be done through these means. Just have to sift through a lot of chafe to get the wheat. Even then , when you tihnk you find a kernal of wheat, you  much later discover it was a persimmon  seed. Anyway , like I said, a lot of fun in the journey, even if you dont ever get what you think you are looking for.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2016, 01:38:42 PM »
Go see the gold museum, Candaleria, Botero Museum, Simon Bolivar plaza, Monserratte, Visit a couple of the malls, The Quinta of Simon Bolivar, The salt Cathedral (north of Bogota). That should keep you busy

Dan LV

Right ..and villa de leyva, Laguna Sagreda de Guatavita..lots to see and do around Bogota. Always have a plan "B"

Women shouldn't be your primary goal for visiting a place, nor your primary focus in life.

Offline Elexpatriado

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 01:45:59 PM »
As I said previously,  my biggest downfall was only meeting around 6 woman. We all know this is a numbers game, the more the better. You have to be extremely lucky to find the one meeting so few woman I believe.

We also all know this is not something to rush, if there is not high level of chemistry,  then what is the point of pursuing it. I dated a girl whilst here 4 times to make sure I was not discounting her but in the end I simply knew in my heart she was not for me. There was simply not enough chemistry.

I will use the agencies and Cupid in September,  I had many days here when I had downtime.  I want yo learn from this, obviously meet more woman to improve the chances.  I have a plan to get some cards made up with a small profile and picture etc, hand these out to girls in the malls,  street etc etc. Anything think this is a stupid idea?

Chemistry can fizzle after  time. Also, a lot of these girls are great at puttng on an initial show.Need one with you have chemistry , or at least potential for chemistry, and similar morals , principles and long term goals. But dont waste too much time with this and have headaches over it.  Just have  a good time, with or without a woman.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 01:45:59 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2016, 08:28:03 PM »

If I were you I would have spent more time just trying to make some good friends that you could hang out with when you go back.....airbnb...couch surfing....gringo tuesdays or by any means necessary to build a social circle.

Then once you have friends make plans to do things together and just invite chicks to go along.....sometimes I'll invite 2 or 3 different chicks if I'm going out with a large group......skip formal dating if at all possible....too expensive and way to time consuming especially if it is in a Friday or Saturday night.

As a rule I only take girls out on a formal date if I already know them and  we have chemistry.

But I don't tell women that I'm looking for a serious relationship nor to I get into long deep conversations with women that I don't know personally....I chat women up enough in a playful friendly manner to get them interested in meeting me and then see what happens. Most Colombian women know that you are just friends until you actually get it on..... so I wouldn't worry about offending them by having other female friends around when you go out. But then again I don't hold out the prospect of a serious relationship to any woman before actually meeting her or even before we have sex....what would be the point....how would you even know if the two of you clicked in the sack.
That social circle stuff isn't realistic for guys who can only travel to Latin America for a couple weeks at a time...

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2016, 08:45:26 PM »
That social circle stuff isn't realistic for guys who can only travel to Latin America for a couple weeks at a time...

I agree. Difficult to meet Girls let alone create a social circle with only a 2 week trip 2 or 3 times a year. Thats All i can travel due to work. 

Offline Calipro

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2016, 12:04:20 AM »

If you get a room in the right airbnb rental it can be instantaneous.

There was a guy on airbnb that rented rooms for a month or more and he would have been perfect for cdr. A bit up tight for my tastes when it came to having women you just met spending the night.....but  he literally knew hundreds of people that were taking spanish or teaching it and just all kinds of women you could meet though him....but it looks like he stopped renting through airbnb for some reason.....I don't see his places any more on there.

To tell you the truth...I'm not great at creating or maintaining a large social circle.....but I actively seek out people that are great connectors.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 12:17:07 AM by Calipro »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2016, 06:53:41 AM »
I agree. Difficult to meet Girls let alone create a social circle with only a 2 week trip 2 or 3 times a year. Thats All i can travel due to work.

Alternatively, if you like Ukrainian girls, LOL.   Manchester - Kiev for the weekends :)

Offline cdr1974

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2016, 05:52:21 AM »

Alternatively, if you like Ukrainian girls, LOL.   Manchester - Kiev for the weekends :)

I personally would not even venture trying to find a good Ukrainian girl.  From what I have read and heard, they are far far worse then the Colombian girls. That place is absolutely full of gold diggers. Would not even consider it. They are also not a patch on the Colombian girls with regards to looks and body

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2016, 05:24:50 PM »

I personally would not even venture trying to find a good Ukrainian girl.  From what I have read and heard, they are far far worse then the Colombian girls. That place is absolutely full of gold diggers. Would not even consider it. They are also not a patch on the Colombian girls with regards to looks and body

most expensive scammers too

Fillipinas / Dom Repuclic scammers ask form around $50
Colombian  $200
Russian  $2,000, $10,000   LOL

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2016, 09:10:41 PM »

To tell you the truth...I'm not great at creating or maintaining a large social circle.....but I actively seek out people that are great connectors.

that is a very good idea!

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Juan Valdez

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2016, 11:49:39 PM »
I met around 6 girls only. They where all sweet apart from one who I could tell was only after money.

Great trip report, Craig, thanks for sharing :-)

I am curious as to the 6 girls you actually met, where did you meet them (restaurant, bar, coffee shop, etc.)?

And did any of them ask if they could bring along a friend (amiga), sister, or cousin (prima) ?

If you did allow them to bring a girlfriend, sister, or cousin... did you end up buying drinks/dinner/etc. for everyone?

Offline Juan Valdez

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2016, 11:59:24 PM »

Then once you have friends make plans to do things together and just invite chicks to go along.....sometimes I'll invite 2 or 3 different chicks if I'm going out with a large group......skip formal dating if at all possible....too expensive and way to time consuming especially if it is in a Friday or Saturday night.

As a rule I only take girls out on a formal date if I already know them and  we have chemistry.

Calipro... are you buying drinks for these chicks when you go out?  If so, how is that less expensive than dating? 

I can't imagine "inviting chicks out" without them having the expectation that I am footing their bill, either in the USA or Colombia.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 02:58:46 AM »
Great trip report, Craig, thanks for sharing :-)

I am curious as to the 6 girls you actually met, where did you meet them (restaurant, bar, coffee shop, etc.)?

And did any of them ask if they could bring along a friend (amiga), sister, or cousin (prima) ?

If you did allow them to bring a girlfriend, sister, or cousin... did you end up buying drinks/dinner/etc. for everyone?

Tell me about me.  When I met my ex-girlfriend for the 2nd time for 5 days trip, on our last day, she invited her best friend  - without my knowledge.  I wasn't happy o obviously she did not want to spend our last day alone together.   She went in a cafe/restaurant, never told me if I were hungry.  Obviously her best friend was.   I did not know what they had ordered, so I ordered burger.  It isn't typical restaurant.  They had ordered starter.   I told her that she did not inform me that they had ordered starters.    She told me that I did not ask.   I told her that she was really rude because it is I am paying them, obviously.   They did not even finish their starters let alone not finishing their main meal !!!

I've never met a rude person in my life when I am paying for others!

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 02:58:46 AM »

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats