It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Trip to Brazil (Sao Paulo)  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Diablo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Trip to Brazil (Sao Paulo)
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:57:59 PM »
Sao Paulo
------------
Warning: I am very sarcastic in my post so take all that i say with a grain of salt.

Well....It's been awhile. I am posting from West Africa at the moment having been working here for a few months on a property development investment. I took about 11/2month off to hang out with one brazilian I was introduced to by an australian. We became very good friends. So when he went back to brazil he invited me to Sao Paulo (I think that means Saint Paul, Since the word SAN is the substitute for SAO), but later I took a rather short trip to Rio for a couple of days (I mean how can you tell someone you went to SP and not Rio). I wasn't in Rio long enough to get any observations but I can comment on Sao Paulo

Firstly Brazil is a huge country, the size of the land is as large as the USA. The population is nearing 200 million people, but that may infact starting to reduce as now it is reported that Brazilian women only have 1.9 children per family  :o . Of course we have the telenovela culture and women wanted to be part of the workforce to thank for that. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though because it negates overpopulation. So in effect it is below replacement level. I suspect though that they are holding off having kids till their thirties instead of twenties (sound familiar ;D )

There are cities that could be literally cut out and pasted into a first world country like the USA and you wouldn't even think that the land was once in Brazil. At the same token go to any place on the outskirts and parts of Africa would probably look better. It's a land of huge opposites Brazil like most of Latin America and the developing world is socially (and racially because of the the history of slavery) divided.

I am told that different regions can slightly different cultures, which should be fairly obvious to anyone that has traveled abroad.

It's damn expensive .No kidding! São Paulo is cosmopolitan. Think London! Perhaps alittle quick paced! Not as laid back as Rio I am told but probably not as serious minded as London. It's a financial center with stock exchanges similar to those found in the developed countries. It's fill of the professional middle and upper middle class. You will see lots of variety regarding race, although the Southern European look is a bit more noticeable with a few having slightly noticeable native american features, like the sliky jet black hair for instance. This I absolutely love. Girls here don't appear to be interested in playing Suzzy Homemaker. It's business and being a professional and career. BUT that doesn't discount the need for kids. OH yes kids are definately in the mix if she can find the perfect guy, with the perfect looks, resectable income and comes from a similar social class or better. Of course she wouldn't be doing any house chores (God Forbid) because Fernanda the housemaid will be doing that. Can't have professional women lifting a finger in the kitchen...No that's beneath them.  ;D

If you fancy sampling the nightlife I got news for you.There is a booming nightlife here. Dress sexy and look your best because Brazilian men can dress. Bring your A-game. GQ style if possible. Girls are mostly in heels and dress well. The good news is English is common so you don't have to learn that much portoguese. it wouldn't hurt to learn a few phrase to impress the girls an excuse to get a fine lady to teach you a few words ;)

As a gringo trying to scope out the dating scene I found a few things out. Girls here like a guy that is going to stick around and have kids later. So for us men looking for a partner that wants kids that is good. No need for serious game just pitch the family idea (Which I assume most of us guys want) Be prepared for a barrage of questions concerning your personal life and background. ie Your religion, how far you went in school? your job? your income? house size? rooms? the works. it may come off abit materialist for some but they need to know your a  suitable partner.

These are the pros and cons of what I observed about the Paulistas and the city

Pros and Cons
----------------

Pros
-----
*Probably some of the friendliest women I have met in Latin America. (but can be snotty if they don't know you)
*Personal Hygiene is very important to these ladies.
*Love to Dress
*Very polite
*Quite visually appealing and easy on the eye (Especially ladies that have resources to take of themselves if you know what I mean)
*Felt safe
*Importance on family is strong still
*Vastly more feminine then women from the US or UK

Cons
------
*Not very domesticated (bear in mind the women I got to know were mid-class so to speak)
*A bit too clingy and looking for constant PDA ( not that I mind kissing and hugging but let me breathe damn it!)
*alittle crazy
*Younger ladies not as receptive as I had hoped but I could chalk it down to the lack of time spent. Although most couples appeared to be in the same age bracket.
*Materialism is evident here. BB's & iphones. All the latest tech and accessories

CONCLUSION- definitely not the kind of place for a man like me whose looking for the more traditional setup of male bread winner and female homemaker. Girls are not domesticated and could probably burn water. Definitely not the place for large disparity between ages either. perhaps the smaller cities surrounding SP may be different. There is some importance on religion but it's not taken all that seriously.

Overall though Brazil is a solid 9/10 for culture and beauty if nothing else. And if your Catholic like me and you love catholic culture you will love Brazil.I will definately want to come back to Brazil and explore more.  I hear Minas Gerais and Vitoria are good. Also need to go up north and experience there too.

It's 3am here so I am going to crash but I will look out for replies and questions in the morning.

Later

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:07:33 PM by Diablo »

Offline Brazilophile

Re: Trip to Brazil (Sao Paulo)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 10:16:30 AM »
Thanks for your report. Diablo.  I have been to Brazil many times, but in Sao Paulo I have only been to the international airport.  I enjoyed your post because I learned some about a foreigner's view of that city.

Offline Deseo

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 06:34:05 PM »
Yes, thanks for the report Diablo.

Here's a question about the nightlife in Sao Paulo:

Is the social scene a mix & mingle culture like that in the United States where you can go out to a bar or club and just approach women out of the blue?

Or is it more like Colombia where the women go out in groups (including guys) and a cold approach from a stranger is not the norm?

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 06:34:05 PM »

Offline Diablo

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 04:21:46 PM »
Deseo please excuse my delay in replying to you.Brazil is very closed off from what I see so its alot more like the Colombia and the Dominican Republic where women of quality hang out in groups .  There for one would need some form of formal introduction as you would have already been vetted.Despite what many may say Brazil is actually a very conservative country. Much to my surprise. I was expecting that stereotypical Brazilian woman on beaches sipping cocnut juice, in a G string, acting real flirtatious, But it isn't like that down there. And I am very greatful for that fact that women of quality are harder to get. It makes us more serious men with good intention to meet good women have better prospects. The easy girls appear to be a small percentage but many sex tourist and mongers make it seem like the whole country is a slut fest. it's more a minority I suspect but hopefully an expert in Brazil can give us a better picture. Maybe with continuous economic improvement that could change. Perhaps in Rio you could get that kind of atmosphere because it reminded me of LA a little.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:28:09 PM by Diablo »

Offline Diablo

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 05:27:07 AM »
For those of us looking for a more traditional woman and a more serious relationships you might want to try Minas Gerais apparently this is the place that has the high Catholic influence and also the place with the more nurtured type of women. I haven't gone yet but definitely plan to be there on my next visit. However one must speak conversational Brazilian portuguese and find a way to build a social network to build friends and meet women.

I hve started pipelining through Badoo to meet these women. :D

Offline Deseo

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 08:41:14 PM »
Thanks again for the report Diablo.  Good stuff.

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 08:52:50 AM »
For those of us looking for a more traditional woman and a more serious relationships you might want to try Minas Gerais apparently this is the place that has the high Catholic influence and also the place with the more nurtured type of women. I haven't gone yet but definitely plan to be there on my next visit. However one must speak conversational Brazilian portuguese and find a way to build a social network to build friends and meet women.

I hve started pipelining through Badoo to meet these women. :D

I've been dating a girl from Minas Gerais (she's from a small town outside of Belo Horizonte but lives and works in Rio) for a couple of months now and I'd have to agree. Very humble, traditional, down-to-earth women. Did I mention hot as hell too?

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 101