It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Bucaramanga, Barranquilla, Cartagena  (Read 2321 times)

Offline machin67

Bucaramanga, Barranquilla, Cartagena
« on: September 13, 2007, 10:43:20 AM »
I recently returned to the States from a 28 day trip to Bucaramanga (3days), Barranquilla (22 days), and Cartagena (3 days).

I only went to Bucaramanga because my business partner is from there.  He told me it was pretty good, but I really did not believe him since I had never heard anything about the place.  There is hardly anything on the internet about the city itself.  I met my business partner and another guy that works for me at the airport in Bucaramanga.  They took me to a hotel that was pretty good....called Hotel Chicamocha or something like that.  It was in a good location and the service was pretty good.  Anyway I was so tired from the flight and was looking forward to getting a little sleep before heading out to party with the guys, but when I opened the door to my room, my business partner handed me a bottle of Buchanan's whiskey and said "have fun, we'll see tonight".  I looked in the room and there waiting for me was a beautiful blonde lady 24 years old.....They had simply gone to the local mall and in a few of the stores, asked around if there were any girls that wanted to meet an American friend of theirs that was arriving that afternoon.  And that was it.  She was very nice....I had a great time.  Dinner, dancing, everything.  And during the next two nights, I met 3 other girls very easily and all were in college, very nice.....I can highly recommend Bucaramanga.  The weather was fantastic!  The food pretty good. The city clean. The people very friendly. Oh yeah, be careful with the hotels there.  They charged me 20,000 pesos to bring a girl to the room.  They said all the higher end hotels do it.  They did not inform me of this until the end of my stay!  Also, you have to try the local delicacy.....hormigas culonas....huge ants with big abdomen/butts.  They are fried or roasted I think.  Not too bad.

Next I went to Barranquilla.  I was a little disappointed in how the city itself looked.  Very dirty.  Non-descript kind of place.  Not a really good vibe to the city at first.  My hotel there was called Hotel Caribe 79.  It was pretty good.  HUGE bathroom with a jacuzzi tub.  Decent service.  Good location. But the price was outstanding....$100,000 pesos.

I had heard alot of things about International-Introductions.com....Jamie's place before my trip.  90% of it good.....10% bad (mostly about the high prices).  So I tried it out myself.  For about six months I picked out many, many girls from their website and put them on my list to meet when I arrived there for my trip.  I also utilized their email address purchase program.  I thought it would be a good idea to write to alot of them prior to my trip so I could "weed out" any that were not compatible with my ideas/tastes. 

I can tell you that their website is outstanding and easy to use.  Their customer service is tremendous.  The ladies on their site are very sincere and honest for the most part.....only 1 out of about 100 asked me for money or anything that made me think she was not sincere....compare that with what I will be writing about regarding Cartagena! 

The process of writing the letters was OK.  I don't know if I would do it again however.  Many of the girls I was able to weed out by asking them specific questions...seeing if they were reliable with the "webcam dates"....if they were talking/writing to other people during the times we were connected online.  But there is no substitute for meeting them face to face.  If there is no chemistry, there is no chemistry.  And a few of the girls I was very sure about....that they had everything I was looking for, I did not feel much chemistry when we were face to face.  But a good thing about writing was that it was incredibly useful when practicing my spanish...if only writing, grammer.

Once I actually got to Barranquilla, I was greeted by Catalina my guide/interpreter....she was outstanding...I would give her a score of 98%.  She was extremely helpful with everything.  She even helped me buy a cell phone there.  I was immediately whisked away to begin my many, many group meetings.  She was able to interpret everything I needed to say and that the girls were saying to me.  Her English was 100% and she was able to understand all my jokes and slang.  And she was able to interpret the same kind of things from the girls of course.  So during the three days I was there I had private, one on one meal dates with some of my priority choices.  So probably nine dates like that.  And the group meetings had between 5-15 people in each meeting....probably like 8 of these meetings.  Everything was incredibly organized, smooth running, professional.  I think the girls really took the whole process seriously because of how professionally Jamie runs his place.

After one day, I knew I had a big problem....I had already met probably 5 girls that would make anyone a perfect wife.  And the thing is....after each group meeting...Catalina asks each of the girls in private to rate me...and see if they were interested...and almost all were interested in meeting me again.  It is not so suprising though, since the way Jamie works it is that you make your selections from the website, he gives the girls your profile and a few photos, and they decide whether they are interested in coming to the meeting in the first place. Very efficient.

Anyway, I went through the whole process. Met a lot of ladies.  And was very, very, very impressed with the agency and Barranquilla in general.  Jamie was onsite much of the time...from early in the morning to late at night...extremely professional....great guy.  He made sure everything ran smooth.

The girls were incredible.  If you are looking for a sincere, loving, caring wife....I don't think you can go wrong in Barranquilla.  Almost all were interested in the simple things in life:  having a loving family, dancing, cooking, children, going to the beach.....so refreshing.  And even though the life there is very difficult for most of the ladies....they had such incredibly positive attitudes toward life and meeting the man of their dreams.  The majority of the girls were very young.  I am 39.  But the good thing is, that not one single girl that I spoke with at the agency or at the malls had any problem with age difference...  They said is was more important how the person was inside, sense of humor, whether or not they lived a healthy lifestyle.  They did not like guys who smoked, drank much, or were too serious.  For the most part do not like guys with moustaches, beards.  They almost all are serious about dancing.  They like to go out alot....but most do not drink much.  They like to dance.

Well I gave up on finding a wife during that trip after a short while because there were so many choices.  I made up my mind to just meet as many ladies as possible, get contact information, and continue the process from home and during subsequent visits to Colombia.  But then......lightning struck me!!!!!!!!!!!!  I had a cancellation with one of the girls from the agency and I had a couple free minutes....so I hopped on the computer at the agency and checked their website again.  And I found the girl of my dreams......I will write more later....I am late for work right now.  But here is one picture of us.

Offline sean126

Re: Bucaramanga, Barranquilla, Cartagena
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 11:39:28 AM »
Good trip report Machin67.  Sounds like you had a great time in Baq.  You should try going during Carnival also...be sure to book your hotel well in advance though. 
Your sweetie is very pretty....your a lucky guy.

Offline chizz

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 01:27:28 PM »
Happy trails Machina, Your trip report brought back memories of my trip to Barranquilla. Glad you enjoyed yourself, enjoyed the report.
chizz

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 01:27:28 PM »

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 10:21:55 AM »
Machine,

Your woman is hot, love that skin!   Great report too.  Jamies services get well deserved thumbs up here, because he does deliever!

Fathertime!
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline David

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 11:20:58 AM »
Wow!!!

I have been looking at Jamie's site the last couple of days, and I'm very impressed. Hearing what you had to say really helps me out! Thank you very very much for posting that! I'm so glad to hear the impressions of people and what they go through, good or bad. But I'm very happy to hear that it was mainly good. From your trip it sounds almost too good to be true! I get excited when I hear things like this because it seems that our searches for good women are almost at an end.

Thanks again for posting that,
David  :)

Offline bad40

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 01:47:41 PM »
great report! looking forward to the your comparison of cartagena and baq...........

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 38