Forum > Asian -> Introductions and Ice-Breakers

Aloha from Dallas!

(1/5) > >>

Crum1515:
Hello everyone, I have been a light browser for a while now, just now deciding to take the step from dabble to serious pursuit.  I am 30 and living in Dallas working as a network engineer.  Fortunately I am not a Dallas native, I hail from the great land of Seattle (GO HAWKS!).
I have lived all over the world, and in my travels fell in love with the Asian culture as a whole, and travel to Philippines and China for pleasure every once in a great while.  I have nothing but time on my hands and hope to meet, court, and marry a wonderful woman.
I see that this site is not super active but none the less I have found so much great information ranging from inspiring stories to great tips and advice.  Thanks you in advance for everything!

robert angel:

--- Quote from: Crum1515 on November 08, 2013, 06:11:11 PM ---Hello everyone, I have been a light browser for a while now, just now deciding to take the step from dabble to serious pursuit.  I am 30 and living in Dallas working as a network engineer.  Fortunately I am not a Dallas native, I hail from the great land of Seattle (GO HAWKS!).
I have lived all over the world, and in my travels fell in love with the Asian culture as a whole, and travel to Philippines and China for pleasure every once in a great while.  I have nothing but time on my hands and hope to meet, court, and marry a wonderful woman.
I see that this site is not super active but none the less I have found so much great information ranging from inspiring stories to great tips and advice.  Thanks you in advance for everything!

--- End quote ---

Hey Crum!

Glad you finally jumped in the water! That said, age 30 is a great age to be searching as it's an age that a lot of women (and their family) will assume a guy's ready to settle down a bit, has a decent job and is a 'catch'. The world can be yours!

You on some dating spots?

Bob_S:
Welcome, Crum.  I've spent some time in both Dallas and Seattle, and I can understand your preference for Asia when looking for a life partner.  You've come to the right place.  Yeah, the Asian board here is usually pretty quiet.  Most of the chatter is on the Latin side.  But often rules and advice for one can apply to both.  Definitely delve into the archives.  Lots of stories and helpful advice.  And stick around.  Let us know how your search goes.  What is your mindset on how you'll settle on a particular country.  Guys here are married to women from all over, so whichever you chose for whatever reason, we have someone who can give you some helpful pointers.

Crum1515:

--- Quote from: robert angel on November 09, 2013, 09:37:14 AM ---
You on some dating spots?

--- End quote ---

The only site I am on at this time is DateInAsia.com - been a few days and the messages and such are pouring in, just taking my time and being smart haha.  Already had someone ask me for money.  You have any other social networking or dating venues that you recommend?

Thank you for the welcome!

Crum1515:

--- Quote from: Bob_S on November 09, 2013, 11:43:58 AM ---Welcome, Crum.  I've spent some time in both Dallas and Seattle, and I can understand your preference for Asia when looking for a life partner.  You've come to the right place.  Yeah, the Asian board here is usually pretty quiet.  Most of the chatter is on the Latin side.  But often rules and advice for one can apply to both.  Definitely delve into the archives.  Lots of stories and helpful advice.  And stick around.  Let us know how your search goes.  What is your mindset on how you'll settle on a particular country.  Guys here are married to women from all over, so whichever you chose for whatever reason, we have someone who can give you some helpful pointers.

--- End quote ---
Thanks!  I will definitely keep digging around here and slowly assimilate myself into the community.  I think I have kind of narrowed my scope down to China or Philippines.  My experience with both those cultures has been amazing, though I haven't ruled anything yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version