It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: In case some here think there aren't any downsides to living in Medellin.  (Read 2772 times)

Offline Calipro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Here are the 8 downsides to living in barrio Poblado in Medellin.

https://medellinguru.com/downsides-of-el-poblado/

Offline Elexpatriado

• Trips: Resident
No. 2 is bad if you are a fat  overweight gringo with COPD.

Speaking of..by far the worst down side of living anywhere in Medellin and for me,  a deal breaker, is the Air Quality

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
air quality, traffic, transportation,  all parts of Medellin is  a big problem.

when the dollar goes the other way against the peso, you will see gringos flee Colombia and Medellin like rats fleeing a sinking ship.

Planet-Love.com

Offline Elexpatriado

That will leave more chicas for you snd Calipro..so you can be Eskimo brothers over and over again ;D ;D

Offline Calipro

No. 2 is bad if you are a fat  overweight gringo with COPD.

Speaking of..by far the worst down side of living anywhere in Medellin and for me,  a deal breaker, is the Air Quality

I havent had a problem with the air quality in my neighborhood

As far as Mudd goes he is full of it
He has never once said anything has bad has ever happened to him in Medellin

Always some story a taxi driver told him jajaja

Besides if it wasnt a great place to live ....thwn he would just move some where else

I remember some board members sending me a private message actually complaining about you when the finally realized you two where full of [snip]
Jajaja

Can you imagine if this board was the only source of information on Medellin and then they actually bought a ticket and came here

The most relevant things are rarely ever discussed

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
  • Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: 4 - 10

when the dollar goes the other way against the peso, you will see gringos flee Colombia and Medellin like rats fleeing a sinking ship.

Do they still use unleaded gas?

I see the city sort of sits in valley/bowl and like some geographically similar USA cities, the crappy air probably sort of settles in.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline Calipro

Do they still use unleaded gas?

I see the city sort of sits in valley/bowl and like some geographically similar USA cities, the crappy air probably sort of settles in.

Yes all gas is unleaded
What city doesnt use unleaded gas?

Air quality varies depending on where you live in Medellin
I could send you pics from the view of my apartment
Always clear and never smoggy

anyone that is worried about the air here just doesnt have the right perspective to live here

Let me put it this way ....there is a reason Mudd lives in Medellin when he could live anywhere in the world

Offline Elexpatriado

Besides if it wasnt a great place to live ....thwn he would just move some where else

I remember some board members sending me a private message actually complaining about you when the finally realized you two where full of [snip]
Jajaja

Can you imagine if this board was the only source of information on Medellin and then they actually bought a ticket and came here

Dont really care about board members sending others complaining about me LOL. This site is really dead and any lurkers are usually guys posting out of their moms basement who never travelled out of their home state and are sending money to some girl on the cupid site they never even met.
Yes mudd exagerates  a lot .. he will never stop or slow down the flow of people going to Medellin the newly discovered expat mecca.

But for me , it is too much traffic, too many foreigners and the worst part too much air pollution..I dont want COPD in 10 years.

Lots of other places in Colombia..and the world...to each his own

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 12:32:43 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Elexpatriado

Yes all gas is unleaded

anyone that is worried about the air here just doesnt have the right perspective to live here

Let me put it this way ....there is a reason Mudd lives in Medellin when he could live anywhere in the world

Unleaded gas is 60s technology.

Problem is the gasoline is high in Sulfer, poor Octane characteristics. Produces So2, Nox ,carcinagenic BTXs, and from buses and trucks, soot, particulates abmnd unburnt hydrocarbons
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 07:55:30 AM by Elexpatriado »

Offline Hector_Lavoe

The good news is air quality can improve. Medellin recently starting making all their air quality readings pubic information. The first step is diagnosing and understanding the problem!

I grew up in Los Angeles in the 1970's and the air quality was horrendous! Many days in elementary school in the mid-70's there would be a Stage 2 Smog Alert: meaning "no recess" or outdoor sports. We haven't had one of those warnings since 1988.

"I spent four lonely daze in a brown L.A. haze."  - Jimmy Buffett (1974)

Medellin's air quality has been a non-issue for me. Granted I've only been two times but one of those times was in September (which is one of the two "smog" seasons). The views out my hotel window have been spectacular.

Smog is much worse in China and India. Even Santiago, Chile is worse than Medellin.

It is all relative to where you are coming from. The air quality is pristine as hell in Honolulu...so just about any big city is a downgrade from there. 

https://medellinguru.com/medellin-pollution/

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
Yes all gas is unleaded

There are still nations, mainly in the middle east  and asia that use leaded gasoline.

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member

Jajaja

lol thats funny, i had board members send me private messages, complaining about you also  ;D

as for the  smog here, you must be blind  or smoked too much in your life not to notice it. here is a photo taken last week, when their was no breeze blowing it out of the valley.  all BS aside, if you have a new baby here, you might want to think about moving above the smog level here.

Planet-Love.com

Offline Elexpatriado

You 2 guys should be nicer to each other..

AFter all :) you are "brothers"..well.of the"eskimo" vareity ;D ;) ;D

And Hector you should watch who you are dating in Medellin..otherwise you will join the PL "Eskimo Brother" Club

Who knows ? I might already be a member and not even know it..

Offline Calipro

You 2 guys should be nicer to each other..

AFter all :) you are "brothers"..well.of the"eskimo" vareity ;D ;) ;D

And Hector you should watch who you are dating in Medellin..otherwise you will join the PL "Eskimo Brother" Club

Who knows ? I might already be a member and not even know it..

Send me Mudds facebook profile and Ill let you lnow if we know anyone in common
I seriously doubt it jajajan

Offline Elexpatriado

Send me Mudds facebook profile and Ill let you lnow if we know anyone in common
I seriously doubt it jajajan

Hes been in Medellin 10 years off and on and has over 4000 facebook "friends"..

Chances are you are the one getting "sloppy seconds" ..being a relative newcomer..

Sorry..statiztics and probability dont lie..

Ja ja ja jaja ;D ;) ;D

Offline Elexpatriado

Dont worry..I never heard him.mention that he was taking penicillum..

But he could be keeping it a secret..

Offline Calipro

Dont worry..I never heard him.mention that he was taking penicillum..

But he could be keeping it a secret..

I doubt that he would keep it secret
He would just tell us a taxi driver told him many gringos are getting sexually transmitted diseases
Jajaja

The guy is so full of it
Talks [snip] but he is never going to leave. Jajaja

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
I'm surprised if you guys haven't met ea other somehow someway down there, in real life and via social network.

I'm no jet setter, but I incidently have run into people I know in Asia and Europe and have said "It's a small world " a bunch of times.

Further more, I bet you'd get along better than you figure if you did meet.

Offline Calipro

I'm surprised if you guys haven't met ea other somehow someway down there, in real life and via social network.

I'm no jet setter, but I incidently have run into people I know in Asia and Europe and have said "It's a small world " a bunch of times.

Further more, I bet you'd get along better than you figure if you did meet.

We run in completely different circles
Medellin is a big city and I dont know one guy that has been abused by women here jajaja

And even if I did run in to Mudd I would have no idea if it was him or another gringo that just cant get his act together down here.

I mean really how is it posible to breath the same air as I do everyday and have an ashma attack while simultaneously being surrounded by guys that are constantly being victimized by colombia women and people in general

I think the guy posts every article about some poor sap that got robbed or killed so he can feel like he isnt the only one here that is a victim jajaja

There are guys here that have an easy time with the women and are completely oblivious to the fact that there are prepagos here and then you have the guys that have to pay for every piece of ass they ever get and think that all women are hoes.

Medellin is good or bad and it all depends on your personal situation and perspective

I'm pretty sure that Mudd is not doing well here but he knows one thing that keeps him here......he would be doing a hell of a lot worst anywhere else

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 07:44:08 PM by Calipro »

Offline mambocowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
Medellin is a big city and I dont know one guy that has been abused by women here jajaja

And even if I did run in to Mudd I would have no idea if it was him or another gringo that just cant get his act together down here.

I mean really how is it posible to breath the same air as I do everyday and have an ashma attack while simultaneously being surrounded by guys that are constantly being victimized by colombia women and people in general

I think the guy posts every article about some poor sap that got robbed or killed so he can feel like he isnt the only one here that is a victim jajaja

There are guys here that have an easy time with the women and are completely oblivious to the fact that there are prepagos here and then you have the guys that have to pay for every piece of ass they ever get and think that all women are hoes.

Medellin is good or bad and it all depends on your personal situation and perspective

I'm pretty sure that Mudd is not doing well here but he knows one thing that keeps him here......he would be doing a hell of a lot worst anywhere else
Yep. Man Diego is rough for older men unless you have a ton of money....

Offline Elexpatriado

Ja ja..little do you know ;) peoples internet personas are quite different from real life..

Offline John W

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
I like hearing both Mudd and Calipro's perspectives.  Reading Calipro's posts and seeing the pictures of women he used to post is what first got me interested in going to Colombia.   I have always admired his appreciation and knowledge of Colombia and Colombianas, and his willingness to share his knowledge with others.  I don't think Mudd is making stuff up.  Colombia can be a dangerous place.  When things go bad there it can happen very quickly.  Always a good idea to keep that in mind, but I wouldn't let it stop you from visiting and enjoying the country and women.   

Planet-Love.com

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864