Forum > Forum News and Announcements

Feedback Requested

(1/8) > >>

Dan:
I know that many of you, like me, were quite accustomed to the old style of board used by Patrick in Planet-Love. That style of board is called a "Threaded" board - and this new style is called a "Flat" or "Linear" style.

Some of the people, like me, who have been posting on internet boards for a very long time, prefer the Threaded style.

However, the evolution of internet discussion forums has moved away from the Threaded style - and almost every board software now uses the Linear style.

I am thinking of making some changes to the board - and I'd like your input.

I *wish* it were possible to provide the option of switching back and forth between Threaded style and Linear style, but I do not think it is viable.

My guess is that the mention of further changes will make many people feel unsettled - but before you have the natural negative reaction - please check out a site I am currently managing and which offers the same features I would like to implement here.

Take a visit to http://www.RussianWomenDiscussion.com - and you will get an idea of what I'd like to make available here.

So what do you think?

Would you like to see Blogs and Galleries and a Wiki?

Let me know. Post responses here in this thread.

Thanks,

- Dan

Tim:
Dan, I rarely visit here anymore but I got your email so here is my .02

I was also one of the PL Oldtimers who felt comfortable with the threaded forums. However, I've weened myself away to the newer style forums like your RussianWomen site. If I can do it, others can.

Do what you think is best for Goodwife, amigo.

Regards, Tim

Dan:

--- Quote from: Tim ---Dan, I rarely visit here anymore but I got your email so here is my .02

I was also one of the PL Oldtimers who felt comfortable with the threaded forums. However, I've weened myself away to the newer style forums like your RussianWomen site. If I can do it, others can.

Do what you think is best for Goodwife, amigo.

Regards, Tim
--- End quote ---

Thanks Tim,

Please drop back around from time to time. Hopefully, you'll find the place re-invigorated and the PREMIER source of information once again.

Regards,

- Dan

Montrealer:
There's alot of stuff going on at the new site.  It looks more like an information site with a forum feature, instead of a forum with information.  I don't know if that's what you were going for.

Personally, I like the current format the most, also liked the treeview.  Both were easy to keep up to date.  The new format basically follows the current format, with just a slightly different appearance.  So for me it works.

The only suggestion I might make is to have the home page a little less cluttered and easier to navigate.  And maybe a different color scheme because the pastel blue hurts my eyes after a while.

Montrealer:
And I also like the "10 commandments".  That should be sticky'd on each general discussion page for newbies.

And the chat feature is really cool.  It will keep Ray and Soltero busy arguing through the middle of the night :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version