It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Colombia Cupid my next step and still leaves me wondering how guys feel  (Read 22588 times)

Offline ignorante

Re: Colombia Cupid my next step and still leaves me wondering how guys feel
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2011, 08:42:24 AM »
Are the colombiacupid profiles also on latinamericacupid, which includes Colombia and other countries, or are the two not related in that way?

Offline Woody

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2011, 10:19:12 AM »
Are the colombiacupid profiles also on latinamericacupid, which includes Colombia and other countries, or are the two not related in that way?

Independent sites. Sign up for both, decide which one has the most women you are interested in, pay for that one. Same owner, but subscriptions are not cross site.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2011, 11:36:03 AM »
one thing you need to know when  you are in ColombianCupid.  You will probably received lots of "Who's Interested In Me"

Also look at "Who Viewed My Profile" from these ladies who are in your "Who's Interested In Me"

If these ladies who are in your "Who's Interested In Me" list, but they are not in your "Who Viewed My Profile", then they are not realy interested in you.   I believe if they are interested in you, they should at least look at your profie

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2011, 11:36:03 AM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2011, 11:47:34 AM »
3. I find using the advanced search mechanism on Cupid is very effective. It automatically filters the profile information that I want (high school or above, my zodiac choices, pictures, etc.) The advanced search  eliminates about 75% of the field. Then a quick scan of the pictures (and to see if they are obviously dumb, unemployed, self-employed or hairdressers) eliminates another 75%.

I don't really understand why you need to eliminate ladies based on zodiac signs.   One of these ladies whom you eliminated might be your true love. 
My current girlfriend - 16th December but my ex-prometida - 14th December, so should I eliminated Sagittarrus before I met my current novia ???

Eliminate hairdressers?  Because you are bald?  Don't need your hair done ??   (Fathertime: Same thought lol)

"Self-employed" can be anything.   Worst case scernio:  cam prostitutes.   My novia works onoccassions as grooming for young girls mainly for communion, 15th birthday .....................and also works in accessories, so should I eliminated her before I met her?

Andy, to get to the point, if I had followed your posting, I would have:

eliminated Sagittarius
eliminated self-employed (fear for cam prostotutes)

then I would never have met my novia!!

Offline ignorante

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2011, 09:16:33 AM »
I believe if they are interested in you, they should at least look at your profie

;D  I would think so!

Offline AndyLee

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2011, 10:48:53 AM »
  Do you have an evil ex-wife that was an self-employed hairdresser.  I can see you are bald but why so much hate for the hairdressers?
I gotta say, the processes people are using to find a woman are cracking me up.   

Fathertime!
BINGO! My ex was self employed hairdresser......but for another reason, too. Here in Colombia the hair dressers are very low paid in most cases and work horrendous hours. Unless there are other factors that are way in their favor I won't date a Colombian hairdresser, or a Colombiana who owns a sidewalk arepa stand.

Yes, I use astrology, and after dating over 100 women (counting the ones I've had  more than 2 dates) in the last 10 years I'm convinced astrology helps me pick women who will more likely be compatible with me. I'm Taurus and I don't date Gemini, Sagittarius, Aries or Pisces. I hesitate to date Cancer, Leo, Aquarius and Libra. My preferred dates are Scorpio, Virgo, Capricorn and Taurus.

Everybody has to believe in something. I believe I'll live in Colombia and date wonderful women who are prettier and younger than any I could possibly date in my home country.
If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »
Yes, I use astrology, and after dating over 100 women

That's explains!

Offline vallenatoman

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2011, 08:53:49 PM »
BINGO! My ex was self employed hairdresser......but for another reason, too. Here in Colombia the hair dressers are very low paid in most cases and work horrendous hours. Unless there are other factors that are way in their favor I won't date a Colombian hairdresser, or a Colombiana who owns a sidewalk arepa stand.

Yes, I use astrology, and after dating over 100 women (counting the ones I've had  more than 2 dates) in the last 10 years I'm convinced astrology helps me pick women who will more likely be compatible with me. I'm Taurus and I don't date Gemini, Sagittarius, Aries or Pisces. I hesitate to date Cancer, Leo, Aquarius and Libra. My preferred dates are Scorpio, Virgo, Capricorn and Taurus.

Everybody has to believe in something. I believe I'll live in Colombia and date wonderful women who are prettier and younger than any I could possibly date in my home country.

Hey andy

Well i just have to say you can do what you like of course but

I have found 99% of anything astrology has not been correct.

Most people who check their sign i have talked to say "That isnt me" or i know they are opposite of what their sign "says" so i dont if you should BASE all your choices on that i think youll lose out.

Offline euforia51

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2011, 12:54:34 AM »
That's explains!
Explains what?  ::) The guy is using a method to land a few dates? He's obviously enjoying himself. Give him a break!

Offline AndyLee

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2011, 05:08:56 AM »
Explains what?  ::) The guy is using a method to land a few dates? He's obviously enjoying himself. Give him a break!
thanks euf, you got it.

Reread my original post and you will see the question had to do with narrowing the field of choices. Even in my age group there are still thousands of choices in Colombia. Rather than wade through them all I narrow the field with some quick advanced search techniques. The 10% or less of the profiles that make it into my final search field are the ones from which I can pick the ones most suited to me. This way I don't waste my time or their time. I already know, and this is just one example that pertains JUST to me, that I am not going to hit it off with a Sagittarius woman so I don't even bother contacting her or responding to her if she contacts me. Same with Aries and Gemini. However, one of my close friends LOVES these three signs.

I may have already told this story on here before, so forgive me if it is repeated. After 10 years in the US with about 5 dates I joined Match.com. The first week I searched through about 2000 profiles in the mid-Atlantic and sent out 176 introductory letters and winks. The first six responses were "thanks but no thanks", and the few other responses weren't much better. After a month I had actually scored one date, with a fat woman who's picture was nowhere near what she actually looked like. Anybody else ever have a stunning success like that?
The next month I joined ColombianCupid and posted my profile and photographs, essentially the same pictures and descriptions I had used in Match.com. Then I started searching. To say the least I was overwhelmed by the number of choices. I was like a kid in a candy store. The first day I sent out something like 250 winks and introductory letters. Jeez, I got 10 GOOD replies that night and 20 more the next day! It took me days to straighten out which ones I was really interested in. As it turned out only 5 of those original 30 were of real interest to me.
After that experience I started using the filtering techniques in advanced search. By the way, one of the 5 turned out to be my girlfriend for several months and it might have lasted longer if I hadn't had all these other choices to turn my head.
If you are unhappy change something. Quit your job. Move. Leave your miserable relationship. Stop making excuses. You are in control.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2011, 06:55:45 AM »

Yes, but based on Astrology, got to be kidding!

Offline Colgando

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2011, 09:41:08 AM »

To each his own Gato!  What works for some, does not work for others, life is a little crazy like that sometimes.
So let mercy come and wash away, what I've done

Offline AndyLee

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2011, 09:57:56 AM »
I check bra size, too ;)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2011, 09:57:56 AM »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2011, 10:11:28 AM »
To each his own Gato!  What works for some, does not work for others, life is a little crazy like that sometimes.

Yes work for illogical reasons.  Based on astrology, you could have missed out meeting your Miss Right.

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2011, 10:12:22 AM »

Offline euforia51

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2011, 08:16:59 AM »
Yes work for illogical reasons.  Based on astrology, you could have missed out meeting your Miss Right.
Illogical why? Because you don't believe in it?  ::) Based on astrology as only partial criteria, he (not you) is meeting and dating the kind of women he likes. Has it occurred to you that there are other readers like him who have taken an interest in this thread? Like I said before ... get off it and give the guy a break!

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2011, 08:25:35 AM »
Illogical why? Because you don't believe in it?  ::) Based on astrology as only partial criteria, he (not you) is meeting and dating the kind of women he likes. Has it occurred to you that there are other readers like him who have taken an interest in this thread? Like I said before ... get off it and give the guy a break!

I don't think you understand.  If you had used his way, you might never have met your Gloria!

Offline mudd

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2011, 08:29:58 AM »
i really don't believe in it,  but i had a friend who had a friend who was,,,,, how to say, a little different.  he was into astrology and birthdates and times etc. he wasn't the most socially progressive guy, but i kid you not. even how strange it was to talk with this guy, he could take your birthdate and time of birth, and tell your personality, and a girl you were dating, take her birthdate and time and tell you 80% of their personality traits and if you two were compatible.

i thought it was complete krap, so my friend called him by phone, we were sitting there, me, my friend jay  and a two girlfriends of mine. he asked everybody birthdates, and basically described everybodys personalities whitin about 80% accurate. i was flabbergasted and still couldn't believe it. so he asked me if i had kids, which i have 2. he asked their birthdates, which i told him, and then he described their personalities pretty close to what they were, even knew my daughter was more street smart than her brother, where he is more book smart and he knew my daughter was left handed.   too strange.

Offline euforia51

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2011, 09:20:21 AM »
I don't think you understand.  If you had used his way, you might never have met your Gloria!
This is pointless ... and still I dare to persist.  ::) Gato ... I know you don't understand. How I met Glory is not relavent in this thread ... because I am not stating I used any methods. The man is simply stating here that he uses astrology as partial ... read it again ... partial criteria to match himself and weed out women he believes are incompatible with him on a dating site(s). He has posted another thread to further explain his method ... take it or leave it. Now stay with me here because this is the most important point ...

He appears to be having a comfortable level of success that is working for him ... not you ... not anyone else.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:30:36 AM by euforia51 »

Gato4Astrid

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2011, 11:24:11 AM »
This is pointless ... and still I dare to persist.  ::) Gato ... I know you don't understand. How I met Glory is not relavent in this thread ... because I am not stating I used any methods. The man is simply stating here that he uses astrology as partial ... read it again ... partial criteria to match himself and weed out women he believes are incompatible with him on a dating site(s). He has posted another thread to further explain his method ... take it or leave it. Now stay with me here because this is the most important point ...

He appears to be having a comfortable level of success that is working for him ... not you ... not anyone else.

I am not talking about how you have met Gloria, but all I am saying if you had used Andy's method's of eliminating ladies based on Astrology, you might never have met your 'Gloria'

Once again it is very illogical reason to eliminate ladies based on astrology. 

Offline AndyLee

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2011, 01:07:45 PM »
Uh, yeah, but, then.....what's logical? What's logical for you works for millions of other people, what's logical for me works for other millions more.....
I'm reminded of a man who once told me how "judgmental" I am for choosing dates partly based on their astrological profile. These are just my personal preferences and don't help or hinder anyone else from using their own method(s).
When I look at a profile there are SO MANY chances for her to win my interest. First is her photograph. If no photograph or not attractive to me then I hit delete. Second is her education. If she is primary or secondary-school drop out then I hit delete (I value intelligence higher than I value attractiveness). If she is unemployed or dramatically underemployed (i.e. has bachelor's degree but working as "domestic helper"), has more than two kids, states her goal in life is to have breast implants and a career, and so forth. Astrology is just one of many of my criteria.

Offline JimD

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2011, 04:33:37 PM »
Gato I don´t buy into that astrology crapola either, I always throw the I Ching.
Esposa y mosa vida hermosa

Offline Woody

« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2011, 06:03:44 PM »

Not really illogical. The thing is, belief by us isn't required for it to work. Andy believes, therefore it is relevant to HIM. The mind works in funny ways, you really believe that something will happen, you tend to stack the deck to make it happen.

Our belief is not required, all that is required is HIS belief and astrology will work for him.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2011, 06:03:44 PM »

Offline utopiacowboy

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2011, 09:42:36 PM »
Gato, you assume that the Colombianas themselves are all rationalists as well. Far from the case. Even my college-educated wife believes in the power of brujas and la brujeria. So a belief in astrology is not too far out of line with their mindset anyway.

Offline CeeTeeEnn

« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2011, 09:45:31 PM »
I don't buy into any of it either, though i sometimes speculate if a mother's overall physiology is influenced in some way by earthly seasonal factors and what impact this might have on the development of her baby.

Also, don't forget also that some women may be choosing their partners according to astrology. I wouldn't regard it as a sign of inspiring mental competence, but then again i am something of a hard ass to please in that department.

Still, if you can persuade a woman like that of the "extra special conditions" that happened at the time of your conception and birth, throw in some scientific mumbo jumbo, and mention that these conditions influenced the Asian bond markets and even made your healing crystals change colour...  you never know, she might just let you play her like a violin!

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5871
Latest: ponttbryr
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133128
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 253