It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Hi, another newbie  (Read 2805 times)

Offline DavidL

• Probie
Hi, another newbie
« on: January 28, 2009, 08:34:19 AM »
Hi everyone, I’m David from the UK and have been looking at this site for a while. I’ve been considering searching for a Filipino/Asian lady but don’t know where to start and also very nervous about all the scams. To be honest I did not know about all the scams but every website I look at says this and that about anti scamming etc.

I’m very serious about looking for love, marriage and happiness but could do with some pointers in the right direction, pitfalls to avoid and any contacts or recommended agencies would be greatly appreciated. Any other members from the UK on here?

David

Offline jm21-2

• Spouse's Country: Taiwan
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Hi, another newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 02:12:56 PM »
The easiest way to pick out a scammer seems to be if she asks you for money. I mean, at some point a scammer's gotta get some money or it's not really worthwhile to scam...

Offline Bear

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 07:51:53 PM »
Please start by looking at the achieves.  Lots of stuff for newbies.  Then start asking your questions.

Like anything else a path that leads somewhere worth going has a few bumps.  And marrying abroad means there will be potential situations the rest of your life when dealing with language and culture differences.  I still think its the best decision of my life.

You won't evade the scammers - too many.  Thats why boards like this one exist.  Unless you know a Filipina and you ask for an introduction.  Even then make sure you know the people doing the introductions because I've even seen two of those go bad.  Still most every Filipinos knows several ladies they'd like to introduce you too.

Most important thing is a really good FIlipina would never except a penny from you - even desperate.  I had to make my wife take/use money for things I thought she should have.  Money is the result of the scam.  But even worse is the scam that begins the day you marry a Flipinas family who thinks you are a gift horse.  So be very start and ask questions.  I think I say this a lot but I forget some of you have need even more instruction.  This is 'courting' not the 'third degree'.  Ask questions like a conversation or a game not an Inquisition.

Start thinking about what got you to this point.  write down those topics.  What would make a good wife to you.  Write those down.  What do you want in married life and from a family.  Write that down.  What scares you the most about marriage, family, etc.  Write that down.  What are you looking for in a wife. Etc, etc, etc.  Later generate questions from those things.  Asking questions can generate topics of conversation to get the relationship going and you can find the right girl and scammers this way.

Then start looking.  Once I started I was amazed at the number of ladies looking, few were scammers (but I think there are a few more now).  You'll love the attention and I think its almost impossible to not find a match to what your looking for.  Keep in mind they are looking too.

The Bear Family

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 07:51:53 PM »

Offline Dave H

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 08:29:52 PM »
Hi David,

Welcome to P-L! Nice name!  ;D

I would start by looking around you. There are lots of Filipina caregivers (nurses) in the UK. Some are single and others have friends and family members who are single. Most probably go to the Catholic Church on Sunday, then maybe a park or popular Asian restaurant. What area are you in? My wife has several  good friends who are married, working  in the UK. She could ask where the popular places to hang out are.

David
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline DavidL

• Probie
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 05:19:18 AM »
Hi Bear

Thats all useful stuff and has got me thinking. I'll put pen to paper as it's easier when things are written down than thinking off the top of you head. I'm slowly going through all the old posts and digesting as much info as possible.

David H

I live in Telford, Shropshire. Any pointers as to where I can meet up with people would be a huge advantage as I'm now 39 (Nearly 40) and my days of clubbing every weekend are numbered.

Thanks all for the replies.

David

Offline Romello

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 07:15:42 AM »
Morning DavidL

FinipinaHeart seems to be spot for some here.  There is also Blossoms.com for others.  Look within yourself to know what you want and you will find her in no time.  Either that or she will find you.

Romello

Offline Dave H

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 11:42:58 PM »
David H

I live in Telford, Shropshire. Any pointers as to where I can meet up with people would be a huge advantage as I'm now 39 (Nearly 40) and my days of clubbing every weekend are numbered.

Thanks all for the replies.

David

Hi David,

Sorry, I don't have any specific informtion for your area, as all of my wife's friends are in London and Northern Ireland. I will have her keep asking anyway. Maybe one is familiar with Telford, Shropshire.

Good Luck!

Dave
The developmentally disabled madman!

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 08:56:24 PM »
I seem to be have good luck with filipinaheart, i picked up another Plan "A" from there this week by looking in the "new members" section.
I have found that a lot of ladies never even checked their messages that i sent them
so i think you have a much better chance if you check out the new members
obviously they haven't found anyone yet or they wouldn't have just joined

good luck
piglett   
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Romello

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 04:39:56 PM »
I think FilipinaHeart is free for the women, but not all of them have the time or maybe the money to get to the cafe regularly.

Offline piglett

• your porkness
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 09:52:57 PM »
I think FilipinaHeart is free for the women, but not all of them have the time or maybe the money to get to the cafe regularly.
If you join FH then it is free for the ladies
or i guess you could search for female paying members & then it would be free for you
PSA 101:7 No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who
speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Offline Stagga

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 03:20:34 AM »
If you join FH then it is free for the ladies
or i guess you could search for female paying members & then it would be free for you

Right free for you to read email.
its better if you pay even 1 month lol.... ;D just 25 dollars for gold i guess.

Lang :)

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864