It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

+-

+-PL Gallery Random Image

Author Topic: Excessive followers on Social Media?  (Read 37521 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: Colombia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Excessive followers on Social Media?
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2015, 06:41:01 PM »

Telling ladies upfront that you are going out with other women will not get you anywhere....trust me.

75% of the ladies that you friend will just become gateways to the women you really want to get with....I wouldn't be jumping on dating any woman until I saw what her friends look like first and which ones were friending me on facebook.....then you just work your way down from  most attractive in each group of women with over lapping friends.

Never had any woman call me out on friending her friends unless I had at least kissed her and obviously if you have slept with them they will probably question your motives if you add her friends...unless you have met them personally through her....then it seems to be A OK for the most part.

Setting your facebook settings for maximum privacy is the easy part.....not posting anything on your time line that other women will "like" and thus become visible to the other women who look at your timeline and not liking pics of other women will be the hard part.

There are only a handful of women that I actually care about what they see at anyone time and I customize my albums so they only see the pics I want them to. Only close friends can see my pics and then I customize what each close friend can actually see.

Sounds a bit complicated but after you have been doing it a while it just becomes automatic.
Ha! Those are some serious finer points of Facebook. 

Interesting..so it has proven to be unwise mentioning you are dating other women...I can see this...but what do you say if a woman asks?  If it were me, I think I would say something like "Yes I'm seeing other ladies, but I'd like to find 1 lady that I connect with well enough to marry/become exclusive with"...women shouldn't be offended by that I wouldn't think. 

Fathertime! 
09/08 saw morena goddess on Jamie's website
09/08Began writing/webcamming future wife
10/08Visited BAQ to meet future wife
12/08 Visited a second time and got engaged
01/09 Visa Paperwork done(williamIII)
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline Calipro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2015, 08:20:17 PM »

Interesting..so it has proven to be unwise mentioning you are dating other women...I can see this...but what do you say if a woman asks? 

Fathertime!

According to my ex.....colombianos lie so as not to offend or hurt peoples feelings....so in keeping with the Colombian cultural traditions....you would lie and say you aren't dating anyone else.....if she sees a pic of you with someone else or someone tells her they saw you with someone else you just say she is a friend....if you where colombian you wouild say that is my prima.....just like they do. jajaja

Offline Awesome

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2015, 08:57:35 PM »

Interesting..so it has proven to be unwise mentioning you are dating other women...I can see this...but what do you say if a woman asks?  If it were me, I think I would say something like "Yes I'm seeing other ladies, but I'd like to find 1 lady that I connect with well enough to marry/become exclusive with"...women shouldn't be offended by that I wouldn't think. 

Fathertime!

There's nothing wrong with telling a woman that, if it's actually the truth.  But if you are going to tell her that you better be good at explaining why she has no reason to be jealous or offended.  If she's halfway intelligent she'll appreciate your honesty in the long run.

I'm sure you know calipro well enough by now to know that if he told a woman that, he'd be lying through his teeth.

So in conclusion, if you're going to lie, cp's lie is a better more effective strategy.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2015, 08:57:35 PM »

Offline mambocowboy

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2015, 10:25:50 PM »

According to my ex.....colombianos lie so as not to offend or hurt peoples feelings....so in keeping with the Colombian cultural traditions....you would lie and say you aren't dating anyone else.....if she sees a pic of you with someone else or someone tells her they saw you with someone else you just say she is a friend....if you where colombian you wouild say that is my prima.....just like they do. jajaja
There are reasons they lie so much in Colombia. Excessive honesty can backfire in the form of heavy duty drama and hurt feelings and long term resentment with Colombianas. Yet another way they differ from gringas...

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2015, 10:35:20 PM »
okay so around 1000 hits a day... that's really not shocking for a really good looking woman with low privacy settings online. And she's posting about jesus and cooking.

As for what cali is saying about FB... he's 100% on. You totally talk to women you don't know... just to get to the even hotter women you don't know... just to ask them out... and if anyone questions you about it... you are just making friends. And it's true. Especially if you haven't made out with her or gotten it on... in Colombia that means just friends.
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline benjio

• Spouse's Country: Brazil
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2015, 06:38:32 AM »
okay so around 1000 hits a day... that's really not shocking for a really good looking woman with low privacy settings online. And she's posting about jesus and cooking.

As for what cali is saying about FB... he's 100% on. You totally talk to women you don't know... just to get to the even hotter women you don't know... just to ask them out... and if anyone questions you about it... you are just making friends. And it's true. Especially if you haven't made out with her or gotten it on... in Colombia that means just friends.

I never really go friend stalking....I don't have the patience. Even the moderately attractive girls have 2000+ friends. One thing I did use to do while single and living in Colombia was looking at all the pictures of the girls I had already met. When I figured out a girl had a ton of hot girlfriends I'd just wait around for that event notifications saying, "So and so will be at Disco So and So on this night." That's when me and my buddies would "coincidently" show up in full force. Definitely worked out lovely quite a few times. Guess that's the same thing though. I bet you guys are beginning to see how I ran through $30K in less than a year down there. LOL!

Offline bcc_1_2

• Spouse's Country: Other Latin America
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2015, 07:55:55 AM »

I never really go friend stalking....I don't have the patience. Even the moderately attractive girls have 2000+ friends. One thing I did use to do while single and living in Colombia was looking at all the pictures of the girls I had already met. When I figured out a girl had a ton of hot girlfriends I'd just wait around for that event notifications saying, "So and so will be at Disco So and So on this night." That's when me and my buddies would "coincidently" show up in full force. Definitely worked out lovely quite a few times. Guess that's the same thing though. I bet you guys are beginning to see how I ran through $30K in less than a year down there. LOL!

One of our last nights in Bogota this girl took us out to a local bar. A lot of her chica friends where there including a couple of guys. The Colombiano in a relationship was cool with it and tried his English out. The other preppy Colombiano thought he was going to get plenty of attention that night... and got ignored. So he was not our biggest fan. But this chica played it coy when she introduced her "friend" and didn't really indicate a romantic interest in him. Well then her friends are trying to figure out if this young gringo is available... and then the chica is like wtf did I just do. It's amazing how dense a move that was, but it literally opened a bar full of chicas to him. And I said to go for it, don't be shy, because she did this to herself.

Anyways I don't see fault in this method of social climbing. It works on FB, but it also just works in life. If you aren't that serious with a chica you can add other girls while you are out as your "friend". Guys do run the risk of ruffling some feathers, but one thing I do notice is that not everyone is BFFs. So you aren't going to get with someone's best friend. But lot's of time just an acquaintance isn't too worried about offending. It's simple math... a opportunity to go out with a young gringo, or not pissing off a chica I see out once in awhile. Hmmmm.

From our perspective I think it is okay to run the risk of offending and hurting feelings to social climb. 
Retiring in Tela, Honduras is 14,600 days (haha)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2015, 08:06:06 AM »

if she sees a pic of you with someone else or someone tells her they saw you with someone else you just say she is a friend....

this part isn't actually a lie, I mean the lady can also be a friend...of course it may not be the entire truth either...but casual dates shouldn't get all up into a man's business anyway IMO...obviously after a spell, if the man is seeing the women regularly than maybe these types of questions, with follow-ups are ok.....

Fathertime!   
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline fathertime

« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2015, 08:11:33 AM »

There's nothing wrong with telling a woman that, if it's actually the truth.  But if you are going to tell her that you better be good at explaining why she has no reason to be jealous or offended.  If she's halfway intelligent she'll appreciate your honesty in the long run.

I'm sure you know calipro well enough by now to know that if he told a woman that, he'd be lying through his teeth.

So in conclusion, if you're going to lie, cp's lie is a better more effective strategy.

That is a good point...the line I proposed is best used if it is the truth.....and the reality may be that many men aren't really looking for a 'one and only'...and who's to blame them?  They are in the land of milk and honey and nobody says anybody has to be married or even have an exclusive girl friend.  It really depends on what type of lifestyle a man wants to lead. 

Fathertime!   
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline buencamino

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2015, 08:44:06 AM »
FT just curious, Do you have a vicarious interest in this topic or are you thinking of getting back in the game?

Offline fathertime

« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2015, 08:45:32 AM »
FT just curious, Do you have a vicarious interest in this topic or are you thinking of getting back in the game?

absolutely NO interest aside from discussion!

Fathertime!   
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline bernard

« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2015, 09:19:31 AM »
I wouldn't recommend Calipro's approach to facebook if one is looking for a "normal decent girl".   A normal decent girl is going to be very suspicious of a man who doesn't allow any "likes" on his pictures, who never "likes" her pictures, who doesn't wish her a happy birthday on her mural, who never makes sweet comments about one of her pics.  Also she will be very suspicious that it is a fake profile, especially if there isn't a nice profile pic of you.  She would want to see pictures of you with your family and friends, showing that you are real.  Also when she googles your "made up name" and finds nothing, she will be very suspicious.  If you are using a fake name she will more than likely think that you are married, or have something serious to hide.  Just keep it real and be yourself.  I agree about the privacy settings about friends, and not letting people tag you or post on your timeline.

Don't fret over the fact that you have a lot of women making comments on your pictures, giving you compliments and giving you "likes"  yes, the other women will get a little jealous, but that's a good thing.  She sees you are a desirable man in the eyes of other women.

I think Calipro's approach can work well for his "target market", but for guys seeking a serious relationship with a normal decent girl, his approach will backfire and raise a lot of red flags.

Offline bernard

« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2015, 09:25:08 AM »

He is living vicariously through Calipro. why??  I have no earthly idea... 8)

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2015, 09:25:08 AM »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2015, 09:32:17 AM »
   I agree about the privacy settings about friends, and not letting people tag you or post on your timeline.

I never cared much about my privacy settings..(silly photos from the past don't bother me) but then I got 'tagged' in a couple ridiculous photos that had nothing to do with me...and then somebody else posted stupidity on the timeline....I still haven't changed the settings...but I can see why a guy might....or customize who can post what.....I just haven't bothered since I can manually remove stuff I don't like.

I wouldn't recommend Calipro's approach to facebook if one is looking for a "normal decent girl".   A normal decent girl is going to be very suspicious of a man who doesn't allow any "likes" on his pictures, who never "likes" her pictures, who doesn't wish her a happy birthday on her mural, who never makes sweet comments about one of her pics.  Also she will be very suspicious that it is a fake profile, especially if there isn't a nice profile pic of you.  She would want to see pictures of you with your family and friends, showing that you are real.  Also when she googles your "made up name" and finds nothing, she will be very suspicious.  If you are using a fake name she will more than likely think that you are married, or have something serious to hide.  Just keep it real and be yourself.  I agree about the privacy settings about friends, and not letting people tag you or post on your timeline.

This has got to be true for many ladies.....I would imagine one of their bigger fears would be a guy hiding a wife/family....and just using them for sex/good-times on a break a few times a year, while pretending to be 'in love'. 

Fathertime! 

02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline fathertime

« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2015, 09:36:11 AM »
He is living vicariously through Calipro. why??  I have no earthly idea... 8)

Quit being such a jealous jackass...I'm not living vicariously through Calipro...I like to read/comment on stories I find interesting, his and several others are interesting to me....if anything, you devote most of your waking thoughts to calipro and how to take backhanded stabs at him.... I'm pretty sure he could kick your azz if he wanted to.   :)

Fathertime!   
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline buencamino

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2015, 09:54:38 AM »
absolutely NO interest aside from discussion!

Fathertime!   

Understood!

Offline bernard

« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2015, 10:07:46 AM »
Quit being such a jealous jackass...I'm not living vicariously through Calipro...I like to read/comment on stories I find interesting, his and several others are interesting to me....if anything, you devote most of your waking thoughts to calipro and how to take backhanded stabs at him.... I'm pretty sure he could kick your azz if he wanted to.   :)

Fathertime!   

uyyyyy ...I was just joking, hence the sunglasses....calm down....Kick my ass?  oki doki

Offline fathertime

« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2015, 10:16:53 AM »
Understood!

Hehe...I did notice Mudd's  8 year timeline...so I am coming up on 7 years exclusive so that is the danger zone!   But seriously....I like hearing your stories, Calipro's, Awesomes, Expats, and several others....but I realize I'm not cut out to do many of things you all are doing...but for the right type of personality what a great life full of ladies the (somewhat) older guys can live in Colombia and other parts South!  Juxtaposing it with the life many of my (somewhat) older single friends live in the states, it is a no-brainer where to go for the ladies....but very few are willing to step out and take that risk...

Fathertime!   
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline fathertime

« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2015, 10:19:31 AM »

uyyyyy ...I was just joking, hence the sunglasses....calm down....Kick my ass?  oki doki

sorry man...you know how I can get!    8)

Fathertime!   
02/09quickvisit BAQ
08/09Wife arrives
09/09Got married
11/10 son born

Offline bernard

« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2015, 10:29:02 AM »
sorry man...you know how I can get!    8)

Fathertime!

No problem FT, you're a good man.

Happy Easter!

Offline JamesDonut

• Spouse's Country: The Philippines
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2015, 08:14:09 AM »
I locked down my Facebook.  No one can tag me on pictures or make stupid comments on my wall.  I even took the few pictures down I had up there.  And replaced my profile photo with one of Julius Caesar.  How did this affect my life?  One less thing to worry about. 

Revel In the Past, Party In the Present, Save Donuts for the Future.

Offline robert angel

• Summer 18
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2015, 08:24:14 AM »
I locked down my Facebook.  No one can tag me on pictures or make stupid comments on my wall.  I even took the few pictures down I had up there.  And replaced my profile photo with one of Julius Caesar.  How did this affect my life?  One less thing to worry about.

Now that we're into April already, being Caesar should be OK for a while.
Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right!

Offline JamesDonut

« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2015, 08:48:54 AM »
Now that we're into April already, being Caesar should be OK for a while.

Haa!  I didn't think of it that way.  But history in the Classical era is very interesting.

So one of the reasons I locked my page down was my ex.   She went so low as to put up a page posing as my daughter.  There were times I was chatting with (who I thought) was my daughter.  And then some of the responses were like, what?  I know my daughter she wouldn't say that. 

First time it happened I decided to let it slide.  Then the next time I chatted it was more than obvious.  It was not my daughter I was chatting with but my ex. So I stopped chatting with her (my ex) on Facebook.   About 3 weeks later I got this long nasty message on Facebook, through the fake account.  That erased any remaining doubt. 

This experience illustrates how people use technology and social media to try and manipulate others.  Even though there was never anything incriminating or embarrassing on my pages, I just don't like giving others the pleasure.  I also had former employers snoop my page when I was working there etc etc.  So if people want to snoop, all hail Caesar! lol     
Revel In the Past, Party In the Present, Save Donuts for the Future.

Planet-Love.com

« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2015, 08:48:54 AM »

Offline V_Man

« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2015, 12:19:15 AM »

She is not trying to attract attention as you assert, but her profile picture on this site is of her showing "deep cleavage"...ok, if you say so.

That's a good point!
I meant that compared to what a lot of women post on social media, she is not particularly attention seeking. You know - relatively speaking. However you are quite right about that picture.
Sorry if I was unclear.

Offline V_Man

« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2015, 12:32:01 AM »
All this discussion about Facebook, simply confirms for me that I should stay away from Facebook.

Sponsor Twr1R

PL Stats

Members
Total Members: 5876
Latest: ponttfsch
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 133132
Total Topics: 7864
Most Online Today: 35